Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Sophie Nunn - Golden Retriever with Abscess and Possible Punctured Esophagus, Bacterial Infection

136 posts in this topic

Good morning,

I'm receiving a lot of feedback wondering about Sophie's surgery and my decisions. I'm so grateful for the $2,000 donations, yet I don't have the additional $3,000 needed to finalize everything. I have contacted many other organizations for assistance with no luck. Today, I'm going to ask our vet if they would be willing to do the entire surgery for $2,500 ($2,000 from imom and $500 out of pocket).

I will post again later today or tomorrow to let everyone know the vets decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul...I am hoping for nothing but good news in your update...

Even though Sophie is acting like her old self the vet needs to check out the situation...as Jacki stated perhaps surgery will not need to happen and that would be great...but without that information we are all in the dark, including you...

I wish that you would hear back from the golden retreiver rescue that was trying to help you and also the other person that was going to see about helping you with funding...

All we want is for Sophie to be happy and healthy again...I know this is a lot of work, but in the scheme of things it's just really a bump in the road of life...

I am hoping for the best...and will keep checking in to see what you've found out.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning Angels.

We received an email from Sophie's Dad, and he told us that he is waiting to hear from the vet as to whether or not they will do the entire surgery for $2,500. As soon as we hear back from him (and as we receive additional information/updates), we will post on the forum what he found out, if he hasn't done so already.

Please keep Sophie in your thoughts, hearts, and prayers.

Jamie.K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

right now Sophie is RIGHT ON TOP of my prayer list...she is in my thought and heart as well.....

I am praying that this works out.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for Sophie and her family and that it works out. Can you image how he feels he has the money raised then he is told never mind. That would be devastating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good afternoon everyone.

We're still waiting to hear from Sophie's Dad. Hopefully, he is working things out with his vet and, hopefully, we'll hear from him soon and/or he'll post an update on Sophie's page.

Please continue to keep Sophie in your hearts and prayers.

Jamie.K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening everyone.

We heard from Sophie's Dad. He said he thinks that Sophie is okay now and healthy, but he is going to take Sophie to get a set of X-rays done next week to be sure, and he said he won't know if Sophie is okay until that's done.

Thank you all so much for your continued support for Sophie and for caring so much. You're all so amazing to me.

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're still waiting to hear from Sophie's dad on when the X-rays are going to be done. Hopefully, he'll contact us and post on the forum soon.

Please still keep Sophie in your thoughts and prayers.

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This case has been closed because the owner has stopped communicating with the committee.

I apologize to those I corresponded with via email that I was unable to keep the case open as I promised you I would do.

I hope Sophie is well. We did the best we could do to help her.

If anyone who made a donation would like a refund, please send a copy of your receipt to treasurer@imom.org

:closed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sophie's case has been moved to the "Closed for Noncompliance" section of the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.