Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Sophie Nunn - Golden Retriever with Abscess and Possible Punctured Esophagus, Bacterial Infection

136 posts in this topic

I'll finish out the $63 of the first matching challenge so we can get to work on the second matching challenge ...

THIS is what I'm talking about!!!!

MOMENTUM...James and Sue...just at the nick of time.....I am THRILLED.....

Now...we can get busy and get this girl closer to All Funds Raised....

YAY..... :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $1620 in donations and needs $460 more.

Elwen – your Matching Challenge has been met – feel free to send in your funds!

And now, James has issued a new MATCHING CHALLENGE for the next $150!!!!! (however, James is so supportive that he already sent in his $ and that is already included in the fund update).

So here’s where we stand. Once James Matching Challenge is met and Elwen’s Matching Funds are sent in, Sophie will need just $210 more to get her surgery.

First things first - we need to meet James’ Matching Challenge of $150!

Remember, we only have today to get this done. Keep spreading the word!

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org

Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Keep that momentum going!!! :bravo:

Let's go Angels! Let's take James' money! $1 becomes $2, $2 equal $4, and so on! Today is the day to donate, you can donate to Sophie and STILL buy a coffee drink (unless you'd feel just a tad guilty and want to donate the whole amount to SOPHIE!!)! Today is all we have left to get her to surgery tomorrow! Her vet will want to know if we have the funds raised today, I'm sure, so they'll keep her on the schedule, so let's get these funds raised so the vet can know Sophie will be ready to go!

Sophie is not only a beautiful Golden, but she is a real "family" dog!! She has "children" to look after and a family who counts on her for companionship! If you can't donate, please, please, please tell your friends, your co-workers and your social media contacts -- they may have a love for Golden girls you don't know about and would want to help Sophie.

If you CAN donate, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Sophie Nunn".

Thank you Angels!

Sheila :catonchair

I am making a donation for Sophie in honor of a special friend to IMOM...It's Kay Paff's birthday tomorrow and I can't think of a better way to honor a person that is such a friend to everyone here at IMOM.....I'm on my way to send in my donation...Happy, Happy Birthday Kay.....

Good morning, everyone.

I gave Sophie her meds this morning and she's taking them like a champ. It's amazing how smart dogs are at noticing meds in treats/dog food.

She's really taking well to her antibiotics. We're praying that the growth around her esophagus is shrinking, but we'll see.

Thanks again for all of your wonderful donations and matches. Keep up the wonderful work you all do.

And a special thanks to the IMOM volunteers who tirelessly give of their talents.

Paul

I offered a matching challenge for Romeo, but I think it got overlooked. There was no mention of it and then all funds were raised without it. So...I'm going to put that $100 toward Sophie's surgery.

Janice G.

Janice.....YAY.....couldn't be more perfect timing.....I think you did that in memory of Poco.....there was such a flurry of activity that day.....THANKS!!!

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $1845 in donations and needs $235 more.

There is still $25 left on the Matching Challenge – We are getting close!

It is a little quiet here for a Monday. So for those of you visiting and reading, PLEASE SHARE all about Sophie so we can get funds raised by the end of the day. I know we can do this, but we are getting close to the wire.

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org. Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Thank you to everyone for the continued support!

$235.00.....

That is all that is keeping Sophie from all funds raised.....we are too close to stop now...so, let's get busy...I just shared Sophie's story on my wall on Facebook...anyone reading, PLEASE, do the same...there are angels around every single corner.....

Hi Angels!

We are SO close to being at "All Funds Raised"! A big thank you to all who have shared, tweeted and posted on Face Book about Sophie, and of course we can't forget those who have donated and who have sponsored challenges! There is still time to cash in on James' money, so make your dollar truly count!

To help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org. Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Thank you,

Edited by Sheila IMOM

I just called in to check on Sophie and she's sleeping soundly with mom. Apparently, Sophie's sleep number is 35. I'll post some recent pics of her in a bit.

Thanks,

Paul

Angels, I'm glad Sophie can rest, but I'm getting really nervous! It's just about 3:00 pm here on the East Coast and we are running out of time to get Sophie into surgery! We need to have the entire amount we are fund raising for, in order for the surgery to happen tomorrow. Angels, we are so close and we need $235 to get Sophie to All Funds Raised! Now is the time to look under the couch cushions, the bottom of your purses and in the pockets of your pants! Please, instead of buying a soft drink or a coffee drink, donate that money to Sophie, believe me, your body will feel better and so will your spirit! Please share about this beautiful girl and let's get Sophie to her surgery!

To help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org. Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Thank you, Angels!

Sheila isn't kidding...I am figuring the vet clinic closes at 6 pm...if I"m right, that FIVE HOURS FROM NOW...

$235.00 needed.

Edited by Judy

Even with the time difference in Houston, that doesn't leave us very much time to get Sophie to "All Funds Raised", Angels, we don't give up here at IMOM, and I know you're not going to give up on Sophie! Please post on Face Book, and Twitter and any of the other social media sites you go to, tell people about this beautiful dog who desperately needs surgery to keep infection from spreading throughout her body and to close the hole in her esophagus.

Thank you, Angels!

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $1900 in donations and needs $180 more.

The Matching Challenge has been met (and is included in the fund update $).

We are getting so close, but we are running out of time!

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org

I know we can do it – for Sophie! :minichien6:

WE ARE SO CLOSE.....

I have been a cheerleader on IMOM for a long, long time and I cannot ever remember the funds not coming in for a pet in need.....

I can't bare to think that might happen to Sophie.....

Oh IMOMers! We are just SOclose to being at all funds raised! Sophie is scheduled for surgery tomorrow and if we don't get the money before the vet closes, there is a very real chance that this surgery won't happen!

I know it's getting late in the day (I'm leaving the office myself in less than an hour), but please take a few minutes and shake out a few pennies to get Sophie this surgery! Her family loves her so much and you can tell by the pictures that she means the world to "her" kids. It is so hard when kids are involved. They really don't understand why Sophie can't play like she usually does, or why she has to be treated so gently right now. If we can get Sophie into surgery, she'll be able to be up and running around with her kids in no time!

Thank you, Angels,

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $1925 in donations and needs $155 more

Step by step, inch by inch… we are getting there! I don’t know the word ‘quit’, and I’ve always seen the IMOM Angels rally. I just know we can do this.

I’m not above begging, so here it goes PLEASE!!!! Any size donation will get us the funds needed for Sophie – let’s do this together

Thank you!!!!!

Let's do it, guys! We're so close! Every little bit helps. Ten bucks here, fifty bucks there. Let's keep posting and cheering for Sophie! Surely we know someone who's got some extra cash and copious love for her!

I want dem bananas!!!

- James

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $2000 in donations and needs $80 more.

We are almost there! This has been a struggle, but we are going to do this… for Sophie!

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org. Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Thank you (I think the bananas are warming up for a dance)!!!!!

NICE - One more MATCHING CHALLENGE for $40. Who wants to take Restnwolf's $?

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Aw, shucks. Is that all we've got left? $40? I've got $40 in my pocket. Consider it sent. Are we at AFR?

- James