Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Sophie Nunn - Golden Retriever with Abscess and Possible Punctured Esophagus, Bacterial Infection

136 posts in this topic

FUND UPDATE: Sophie now has $1,315 in donations and needs $765 more.

Thank you so much, Angels, for your donations so far!! :dog_yellow:

We are really making progress now! We've still got some work to do, but we've come a long way! Please donate now if you can, lets get this little girl to ALL FUNDS RAISED, ASAP!!! If you're unable to donate, please share on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Sharing is just as important, because it gets the word out to more folks.

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Thank you so much, Angels. You guys rock!!

Jamie.K

Hi, everyone. Sophie is telling me right now "thank you" for all of the wonderful donations, prayer, and love sent her way. Of course, she's saying it by chasing the cat. The cat doesn't appreciate it though, but we do.

We're looking forward to getting our little girl taken care of soon.

Have a wonderful evening, everyone.

Sophie's family...

FUND UPDATE: Sophie now has $1,360 in donations and needs $720 more.

Thank you so much, Angels, for your donations so far!!

We are steadily chipping away at what we need and are really making progress! We've still got some work to do, but we've come a long way! How about someone offering up another Matching Challenge, and let's get this poor girl to "All Funds Raised" today!! Please donate now if you can!! If you're unable to donate, please share on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Sharing is just as important, because it gets the word out to more folks.

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Jamie.K

DId you know that the Golden Retriever is the classic family companion? They are obedient, playful, intelligent, well-mannered, great with kids, and kind to strangers. They are good watchdogs, but don't make good guard dogs as they love people far too much to be effective. Golden Retrievers need people and are best suited for large, active families.

Just a little bit of info on Golden Retrievers. It sounds like Sophie fits this description perfectly. We need to get her well so she can get back to being her happy, loving, playful self.

Thank you so much, Angels, for your donations and support so far.

Jamie.K

Hi IMOMers,

It's a beautiful day here on the east coast, but not a beautiful day for Sophie and her family. We need to raise $720 more to have Sophie at all funds raised, she really needs our help! Her surgery is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, but it won't happen if we don't raise this this last $720.

Sophie is a much loved companion and her "kids" really need her, please, donate if you can. If you can't, please tell your friends, family and social media contacts about her. Sharing Sophie's story is just as important as donating is important!

If you can help Sophie, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org Please be sure to let us know your gift is for "Sophie Nunn".

Thank you!

Sheila

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped Sophie.

:thanks3:

We're slowly creeping closer and closer to our goal... baby steps, as they say... (but we sure could use a few strong leaps!). We have $720 more to go.

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org

Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Please SHARE – on Facebook, Twitter, or just the link to this forum. The more people know about Sophie, the faster we can get her the help she needs.

It's Sunday afternoon...TUESDAY is just around the corner...Sophie is scheduled for surgery.....

$720.00 is needed to make that happen.....

WE CAN DO THIS.....sharing is MOST important.....there are angels around every corner.....so...please, please...let's make sure that Sophie gets this surgery on Tuesday.....

I'm kind of new to IMOM. Became aware of you guys when I was helping with funds for Jeddy Bear a month or so ago. You do good work. I have Chihuahuas but I love goldens (really, I love all dogs) and I can't let beautiful girl not reach her goal. So, I will issue the next $100.00 matching challenge. Who wants to take my money? :biggrin:

Elwen - From one chi mommy to another - Welcome! We're glad you've become part of the IMOM community.

Yippee! A MATCHING CHALLENGE for the next $100 to get things jumpin’ – time to come double your donation. These challenges are very tempting to the Angels.

We have $710 more to go, and only have through tomorrow to get the funds raised, but I know we can do this.

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org

SHARE, SHARE, SHARE – on Facebook, Twitter, or just the link to this forum. That will be the ticket. Tell everyone you know about Sophie.

Thanks Angels!

How WONDERFUL is this....Elwen, thank you for your matching challenge.....

And Dawn is RIGHT...let's share on Facebook and Tweet...we can make this match today!!!!!

FUND UPDATE: Sophie now has $1,380 in donations and needs $700 more.

$10 of the $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you so much, Angels, for your donations so far!!

We are steadily chipping away at what we need and are really making progress! We've still got some work to do, but we've come a long way! Let's get this poor girl to "All Funds Raised"!! Please donate now if you can!! If you're unable to donate, please share on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Sharing is just as important, because it gets the word out to more folks.

Jamie.K

Hi, everyone.

Wow. Another match! I told Sophie, but she just wanted to give us kisses and lick us. It's so funny. she wants to chew on toys and everything, but we have to keep her on a close watch.

She's doing good today. We can't wait to move forward with her treatment.

Thanks again, everyone.

Sophie's family.

OK...we have people taking advantage of the matching challenge...remember NO DONATION is too small...and now they are DOUBLED...$5.00 becomes $10.....$10.00 becomes $20.....it's a win win situation.....

Tuesday is just around the corner...we really need to work hard to make this happen.....

I just shared Sophie's story on my Facebook page...if everyone that reads this does the same can you imagine how many people we can touch? And they can do the same?

We have 1 day and a few hours to get these funds raised.....I KNOW WE CAN DO IT....

I've just posted on IMOM's Facebook and Twitter pages, which we do when we do a Fund Update.

Like Judy said, if everyone would do that, we would reach a LOT of people, so please share everyone. We don't have much more time.

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

IMOM angels...I'm getting ready to turn off the computer, take a shower and call it a night...I KNOW that I am leaving Sophie in good hands...

here will be my wish for tonight...

to have the matching challenge met.....AND get donations in to make the funds needed a very doable amount for tomorrow.....

I know that you all will wish for the same thing.....

Elwen....thank you for the matching challenge.....we did it for Jedidah and we are going to do it for Sophie too.....

Edited by Judy

I'm getting off for the night but will check in the morning to see if the rest of my matching challenge was taken.

To Elwin, Dawn, Judy, and everyone else.

I cannot thank you enough for the love and support you've provided Sophie through this very trying weekend. I am at wits end and have gotten frustrated with people that have only tried to be supportive. I am surrounded by loving humans and animals and I'm so thankful for everything.

Paul

And one more item of note. I'm also working with a golden retriever rescue association here in Houston to help out in any way possible. So the blessings keep coming in. Thank you all!

Love,

Sophie

Good morning Angels!

It's very early here on the east coast, but I thought I would check in to see how Sophie is doing. We have come a long way, but tomorrow is when Sophie is supposed to have her surgery, so we are running out of time to help this beautiful girl! She is only 3 years old, and is really just a baby! She has so much life left to live! Please, let's have a surprise for Paul and have Sophie at "All Funds Raised" before he has his lunch today! I know he'll be checking his computer regularly! If you can't donate, share with your friends, family and co-workers; also, your social media contacts as well. We need to get Sophie in top form to take care of "her" family!

Thank you Angels!

To make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Sheila

IMOM angels...I am calling for your help.....Sophie needs surgery TOMORROW...she lives in Texas which means we have approx. 24 plus hours to get her to ALL FUNDS RAISED...

WE CAN DO THIS...we did a tremendous job this week end and we are so close...the week ends on a rule as usually quiet but people rallied for this sweet girl...today is the first day of the work week...SO LET'S GET TO WORK.....

We had a matching challenge last night for the next $100.00 donated...we'll get a funds update this morning and then we'll see where we stand...AND THEN WE GET BUSY.....

from the sound of Sheila's posts Sophie's Dad gets to check in on the computer here and there from his work...let's really have some good news for him....shall we?

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $1407 in donations and needs $673 more.

There is still $63 left on the Matching Challenge.

Oh dear. Donations aren't jumping up the way we need them to. Sophie needs to have her surgery TOMORROW, but we need to get the funds raised. If anyone is on the fence about donating, don’t wait any longer. Go for it!

If you're visiting this thread and haven't spread the word about Sophie to your friends & family, kick it in gear!! ;-)

We seriously need a GROUP EFFORT here.

Dawn isn't kidding...we are down to 24 HOURS to get the funds in for this sweet girl.....

SPREAD THE WORD...NOW is the time to really get into gear!!

We still have funds left in the matching challenge...right now ALL DONATIONS will be DOUBLED.....

Hi, gang!

Wow. Just in the nick of time. I've got some money from the fundraising event, so how about we start with a matching challenge....

All of us here at Walter-Aid in Boston are here to help. Let's match the next $150. Who wants our money?

Keep me posted on today. I'll be working most of the day but will pop in when I can.

- James

I'm kind of new to IMOM. Became aware of you guys when I was helping with funds for Jeddy Bear a month or so ago. You do good work. I have Chihuahuas but I love goldens (really, I love all dogs) and I can't let beautiful girl not reach her goal. So, I will issue the next $100.00 matching challenge. Who wants to take my money? :biggrin:

Ah, I realize we have a matching challenge that is still yet to be met! Welcome, Elwen! (This is the match we're still working on, right?)

Okay, Angels, let's get it cookin'. Once Elwen's match and our match from Walter is met, we'll only have about 300 bucks to go, right?

Walter's new stepmom is a major lover of Golden Retrievers, so we're all routing for Sophie!!

Keep me advised. Money on the way.

Love,

- James