Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Sophie Nunn - Golden Retriever with Abscess and Possible Punctured Esophagus, Bacterial Infection

136 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Abscess and possible punctured esophagus, bacterial infection

Low end of estimate: $2500

Owner Contribution: $500 (already contributed $2800 for prior treatment)

Needed for low end of estimate: $2000

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $80

Our fund raising goal: $2080

Spayed: Yes

Caseworker: Jamie.K

****Fund Update: Sophie has $2,000 in donations and needs $80 more as of 5:50 PM EST 6/24/13.****

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org. Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Sophie Nunn is a 3-year-old Golden Retriever with an abscess on her esophagus which is possibly punctured and a bacterial infection. Sophie ingested a corn dog stick that was removed and the stick may or may not have been the cause. She has already had two endoscopes and multiple x-rays. Sophie needs immediate surgery - it should happen within the next 24 hours.

post-9302-0-42828100-1371996212_thumb.jp

Here's what Sophie's dad had to say about her: "Sophie is a key part of our family. She is truly a family dog. Our children adore her and have learned responsibility from caring for her. Please help us. I was laid off for several months and have no savings after my emergency fund was used for living expenses. She will die if this abscess is not removed and taken care of. Thank you so much. She is waiting for the procedure as we speak. Again, thank you thank you thank you."

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org. Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Angels - this sweet Golden really needs help now! Thank you for your consideration.

Jamie.K

post-9302-0-55704000-1371815487_thumb.jp

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Dear IMOMers, This is a week-end and I know that you are all getting ready for the first official week-end of summer! But Sophie's family is not going to have a very good summer if we can't get Sophie the help she needs. As you head out for the week-end, could you please donate any amount of money for her? If you have an afternoon break, instead of that expensive coffee place drink, donate to Sophie. If you're getting together with your friends after work, donate a portion of your tab to Sophie!

If you can't donate, please tell your friends, your co-workers and your social media contacts about her and maybe they can donate! Every dollar truly helps! Thank you so much for your consideration.

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Sophie Nunn".

Sheila :catonchair

Hi, everyone.

Thank you all for the upcoming donations. Sophie is at home now and is happy being with the family. She's on quite a few stronger meds (9 pills this morning). We're keeping our fingers crossed that the infection doesn't spread and her fever stays down.

Welcome Paul and Sophie...she is a beautiful girl...and golden retrievers are such sweet dogs...

Now that Sophie has her own fund raising thread the best thing you can do is post, post, and keep on posting...tell stories about your girl...the angels are always reading but don't always write.

What we need is for people to share Sophie's thread...on Twitter, on Facebook and to all their friends...the more we share the better.

I don't know if you've applied to other groups but since you have your paperwork for IMOM all together try these

Red Rover (formerly United Animal Nation)

The Mosby Foundation

Onyx and Breezy Foundation

when I get home from work I will post a couple of other websites that have other groups...some even by state...where do you live?

I lost my beloved 13 year old schipperke, Poco, to liver cancer last evening. I am devastated, and I don't want Sophie's family to have to go through losing her so soon. I would like to offer a matching challenge for $100 in memory of the best little black dog his mom could ever have wished for. Judy G.

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $55 in donations and needs $2025 more.

Judy G - my heart breaks for you. I can't convey how sorry I am for your loss. :broken_heart:

What an admirable way to honor your Poco.

Please Angels - help us honor Poco and save Sophie. Come meet The MATCHING CHALLENGE - for the next $100 your donation will be doubled - $5 becomes $10, $10 becomes $20...

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Sophie Nunn"

Edited by Dawn IMOM

I will take all of Judy's money in honor of my "nephew" Poco.

Janice G

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $305 in donations and needs $1,775 more.

Judy G's Matching Challenge has been met. Thank you so much Judy and Janice for donating in precious Poco's memory.

Please Angels - help us save Sophie. We're off to a great start. We need to get this baby into surgery as soon as possible.

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Sophie Nunn"

Thank you so much.

Jamie.K

Dear IMOMer's,

Sophie is a very special and precious member of her family. If you read her original posting, you'll see that she is very important to the children of her family. Please Angels, let's get Sophie the surgery she needs so she can be playing with "her" kids very soon. I'm sure the children are wondering why Sophie doesn't feel like playing with them. Her family needs her very much. She's only home because the family has run out of money to keep her at the vet. Please consider any size donation to Sophie.

If you can't donate, please tell your friends, family and co-workers about her. Also include your social media contacts, anyone who might like to see this beautiful Golden Retriever healthy and able to play with her kids!

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Sophie Nunn".

Thank you!

Angels,

We just had a conversation with the vet's office, they said Sophie really should be in the hospital right now, but as I said earlier, her family just does not have the funds! This really is a serious situation, and Sophie needs to have her surgery ASAP! Please, if you can forego that fabulous, expensive coffee drink, or donate the cost of a movie ticket, that would be wonderful and muchly appreciated! To donate, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift for "Sophie Nunn", or use PayPal and our address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Sophie Nunn". Thank you so much, Angels! Let's give Sophie and her family a beautiful week-end, knowing she can have her surgery right away.

Sheila :catonchair/>

Edited by Sheila IMOM

***FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $320 in donations and needs $1,760 more.***

We're off to a great start., but we still have a lot of work to do. Please Angels - help us save Sophie. We need to get this baby into surgery as soon as possible. She is in critical condition.

If you can help Sophie, please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Sophie Nunn"

Thank you so much.

Jamie.K

My donation is in honor of my 2 rescued goldens that are my best friends, favorite comedians and the best things in my life.

Please angels, my Tuck was able to have procedures done becuz so many of u donated. The $5 donations really do add up-so please don't read this and think that a couple of dollars won't make a difference--it truly does. Please donate.

The vet has said this afternoon that Sophie should already be in the hospital...this is urgent-please help her.

P.S. Judy G, my heart just aches for u. You do SO MUCH for my boyz and all the PIN kids...I wish I could now help u. Holding u and Poco in my heart.

If u haven't already, when u are ready, I hope u can make a new topic for Poco in Loving Memories. hugs

Hi, everyone.

Wow. $300+ in donations already! Thank you so much. I'm at work now, but I can't wait to get home to check on our Sophie. I know we'll get the funds necessary. Now that I know about IMOM, I'll definitely be contributing to others in need.

Paying it forward...

Hi IMOMer's,

Sophie really needs to have this surgery urgently. We are coming up to a big summer week-end and we need to push like crazy so Sophie can have her surgery on Monday, Tuesday at the very latest! She is such a sweet dog and beloved by her family! There are little children involved who would not understand if they lost their good friend, Sophie, so please, dig down and remember, there isn't a donation too small! Every dollar adds up! Please, if you're going out tonight, have one less beer or soda and donate that money to Sophie! Thank you!

If you can help Sophie, please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Sophie Nunn".

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $355 in donations and needs $1725 more.

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped. :thanks3:

Time to raid those piggy banks, dig in those couch cushions, eat in tonight, and skip that fancy coffee.

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org

Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

We have to get Sophie into surgery ASAP. She needs all the Angels! Please crosspost her forum page on all your social networking sites. Let's get the word out far and wide!

Sophie's Dad took yesterday off from work to try to find funds for Sophie's surgery. So, he's backed up at work today. He's been trying really hard, and he's been trying everything he can think of to raise the funds needed. He and Sophie's family really really love her.

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Please spread the word and help if you can.

Thank you so much.

Jamie.K

FUND UPDATE: Sophie now has $730 in donations and still needs $1350 more.

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped. :thanks3:

We are really rockin and rollin tonight but Sophie still needs more help! Please donate now if you can, lets get this little girl to ALL FUNDS RAISED, ASAP!!!

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org

Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Hi IMOMer's we're doing good things for Sophie, but we still have a ways to go! Sophie is tentatively set to have surgery on Tuesday, but if we don't have the money, it can't happen. We really need to get Sophie to all funds raised so her family can get her ready and prepared for Tuesday. As I said earlier, she really should be in the hospital now, but her family just doesn't have the funds to keep her hospitalized until Tuesday. If you can, tell your friends, family and social media contacts about Sophie and her plight! If you can donate, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Sophie Nunn".

Thank you so much, Angels!

Sheila

It was a Friday night just like this that I first meet MaryAnn Wilke and her sweet dog Zoe...she was up for fund raising and I stayed with her and tried to help.....today I received a message from MaryAnn...her sweet Zoe had to go to the Rainbow Bridge today.....so...in her honor I will MATCH the next $100.00 donated to Sophie in honor of a sweet black dog named Zoe...I hope this will help MaryAnn feel just a little bit better.....

Hi, everyone!

What a day. Got home was greeted by a cold, wet nose and kisses from our Sophie Sunshine. Yesterday was such a whirl-wind. My wife, Iris and I were talking tonight. We can't believe that this beautiful happy dog needs this major surgery.

We can't thank you all enough for your donations. Please spread the word to anyone you know who loves these furry souls God blessed us with. She's only 3 years old. We can't imagine not having her for her full lifetime.

God Bless,

Sophie's Family...

Here's a picture of Sophie sleeping with the kids last night. Even though she's not feeling well, she's still watching over our beautiful children.

Hi, everyone!

What a day. Got home was greeted by a cold, wet nose and kisses from our Sophie Sunshine. Yesterday was such a whirl-wind. My wife, Iris and I were talking tonight. We can't believe that this beautiful happy dog needs this major surgery.

We can't thank you all enough for your donations. Please spread the word to anyone you know who loves these furry souls God blessed us with. She's only 3 years old. We can't imagine not having her for her full lifetime.

God Bless,

Sophie's Family...

Here's a picture of Sophie sleeping with the kids last night. Even though she's not feeling well, she's still watching over our beautiful children.

post-22320-0-72424400-1371869477_thumb.j

I was preparing Sophie's meds just now and finally found a way to get her to take them. I can't do the "hide it in the hot dog" because the food needs to be soft, so i make these little soft food "meatballs" and she loves them.

She's lost some weight but her temp is still down. The vet told us to watch for lethargy and lack of appetite. Right now, the only one with that problem is me. Ha.

I have learned so much about her condition. Basically, there's a nasty infection around her esophagus. Without the surgery, we can only keep our fingers crossed that the antibiotics will knock it out. If the fever comes back this weekend, it means the infection's getting worse.

So please keep her in your prayers. Thank you all again so much for the continued donations.

Sophie's family.

Keeping Sophie in my thoughts and prayers to keep her safe through the weekend. I have the utmost faith that the IMOM angels will not let her down and all funds will be raised. Judy G.