Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Sophie Richard - Maltese with Open Pyomtra with Suspected Sepsis

26 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Open Pyomtra with Suspected Sepsis

Needed for low end of estimate: $966

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $39

Our fund raising goal is $1,005

Caseworker: Jamie.K

****Donations No Longer Needed****

Due to the urgency of Sophie's condition, IMOM spoke with her vet, and they will accept $850, and IMOM is pledging that amount from the General Fund. Thank you so much, Angels, for your caring and support.

Sophie is a 9-year-old Maltese who has open Pyometra with suspected Sepsis and needs surgery right away. This little girl is very sick, and we need to raise the funds very quickly.

Here is what Sophie's Mom has to say about Sophie: "hi my name is ashante and i am the proud owner of sophie my 9 year old maltese. i've had sophie since i was 15 years old and she was just a little fur ball running all over the place. ive tried my best for the past 9 years to provided her with all the love and care she needs. unfortunately my baby (sophie) has become ill and my family and i are having trouble raising money to get sophie the treatment she needs. sophie has always been by my side whenever i needed her and i can't give up on her."

Donations of any size will help this little girl get the lifesaving surgery she needs. If you can help please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Richard", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org. Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Thank you Angels. This little baby needs our help. Sophie's Mom will be along shortly to tell you about her and hopefully post some pictures.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Angels - PLEASE - drop everything. Sophie needs us right now!

Please visit and donate - anything you can will be so appreciated http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd - mark your gift "Sophie Richard", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org. Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Thank you so much!!!

WOW...she needs surgery BEFORE the Holiday......let's get busy.....share, crosspost, Facebook and Twitter...everyone you know.....

Sophie's Mom is on the way to the vet, and it will be a while before she'll be able to post on the forum. FYI

Jamie.K

Hello everyone, Sophie is on her way to see the vet now! she is not doing to well she can hardly walk and hasn't eaten much all day. hopefully the vet will have good news and they will be able to perform the surgery. we need your help! a small gift from a lot of people can make a hug difference.

Please share this link http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and Sophie's story on your Facebook, twitter or instagram.... if you can not help maybe a friend or family member can. I can not stress how much Sophie means to me and my family. Everyone in my family is doing their part to take care of her and give her love in her time of need. My heart breaks every time I hear her cry from being in pain. Please whatever you can do to help will be greatly appreciated.

I'll do a matching challenge of $200 to get things started.

Yay! We have a $200 Matching Challenge!!

Let's get this girl into surgery! Surgery can be done today if we raise the funds quickly.

Please donate - any amount you can will help us reach our goal - http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd, or our PayPal address is paypal@IMOM.org. Please be sure and mark your gift "Sophie Richard".

Sophie's Mom, do you have any photos you can share?

Thank you Angels!

Jamie.K

Due to the urgency of Sophie's condition, IMOM spoke with her vet, and they will accept $850, and IMOM is pledging that amount from the General Fund.

Thank you so much, Angels, for your caring and support. For those of you who have donated so far, please send an email to treasurer@imom.org for a refund, or you can choose to put your donation towards another pet in need that we're fundrasing for.

Thank you so much, Angels. You guys are the best!

Jamie.K

Actually, donations made for a pet that will receive treatment through IMOM become part of the IMOM pledge. Thank you all for your support, which made our pledge possible.

Cindy/IMOM

Edited by Cindy/IMOM

Sophie is beautiful! I'm so glad she doesn't have to wait for the money to be raised ...

IMOM Angels are the best Angels in the world! Thanks so much for caring about Sophie!

Sheila :catonchair

Thank you for the donations that were made for Sophie! Since they will be used to pay for her care, we will use the funds for that purpose and make up the difference from our general fund.

We love you, Angels!

Cindy/IMOM

Sophie is out of surgery and seems to be doing much better!!! I was told that she ate as soon as she was done with surgery which she hasn't been doing much of in the past few days. I want to thank the IMOM team and members for all of your love and support. And I'm sure if Sophie could speak she would thank you to!!

I'm so glad to hear Sophie is doing better!

I'm moving Sophie's topic to "Happy Endings"! :)

Jamie.K

Hello Everyone!

Sophie is doing 100% better. Her appetite has increased, she's gained mobility and she's dancing again! IMOM and its members have really help to restore Sophie's life. She back to walking around the house waging her tail and being mommies spoiled girl. She has to wear an e-cone for two weeks so she won't bite at her incision. She been bumping into walls, I guess she doesn't quite understand how large the e-cone is but she's getting use to keep! Thank you all once again for all of your support!

I'm so glad to hear that! Doggy kisses from my pack to Sophie!

Thank you so much for the update.

I'm so happy that Sophie is doing so well. :)

Big hugs to Sophie!! :hugs:

Jamie.K

Here's a larger photo of Sophie so everyone can see better how cute she is!

post-9302-0-84570700-1369578828_thumb.jp

Jamie.K

Oops, just realized Sophie's Mom already posted this photo. lol

Sophie love to get her belly rubbed!! She's feeling much better but we have to remind her to be careful. She tries to run around and hop on things like the other dogs. We have given her plenty of love from her new IMOM Family! Thank you everyone post-21101-0-47591300-1369584082_thumb.j