Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Coco Alexander - Pit Bull with Pyometra

54 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Pyometra

Low end of estimate: $1049

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $42

Our fund raising goal is $1091

Spayed: Will be at time of surgery

Caseworker: Dawn

post-9479-0-85304600-1368388401_thumb.jp

FUND UPDATE: Coco has $1019 in donations and needs $72 more as of 4:45 PM EST 5/13/13

Coco Alexander is a 7 year old Pit Bull who has been diagnosed with pyometra, an infection of the uterus. She needs surgery to remove her uterus (spay). Her mom reports that she is feeling very bad right now – not eating, barely drinking, and shaking.

The vet is closed as of this writing, but we will contact them on Monday morning to see how soon Coco can have surgery. We understand how serious pyometra is, and want Coco to have her surgery as soon as funds are available. We will update you as soon as we know more.

There is also another dog in the home that will need to be fixed. We may need to adjust the fundraising goal when we find out more information.

Here's what Coco's mom had to say about her:

“CoCo has been a member of our family for seven years now and we love her dearly. Many people prejudge her because of the pitbull reputation but she has the sweetest soul that have ever encountered. On March 31st of this year, we lost our Uncle and it hurt very badly. I don't know what we would do if we were ti lose another family member. Unfortunately we cannot afford the surgery that she desperately needs at this time to survive. So we ask you, please help us. We need you!”

To Donate go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd Please mark your donation for Coco Alexander

You can also use pay pal and send money directly to our paypal address at: paypal@imom.org Please be sure to mark your donation for Coco Alexander.

Please help Coco get this surgery as soon as possible. Just a reminder: We appreciate your donations of any amount. Any and every dollar helps get these pets in needs (PINs) to surgery. I will keep you updated as funds come in.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Pyometra is a horribly painful disease and poor Coco is suffering terribly. This disease is clearly life threatening. Without surgery, the infection is raging through Coco's body and she has a temperature, she's shaking, unable to eat and her Mom is having problems giving Coco her medication because she won't eat and is barely drinking water. I won't go into the other horrible symptoms, but Coco has them. Please won't you make a donation, of any size, to help Coco get her surgery? To Donate go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd Please mark your donation for Coco Alexander

You can also use pay pal and send money directly to our paypal address at: paypal@imom.org Please be sure to mark your donation for Coco Alexander.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sheila :catonchair

I'll take $25 of that ...

Edited by Sue W.

:bravo:

A Matching Challenge right out of the gate - we have until noon Central time to finish off this $50 Challenge.

I'm just tickled that $25 of it has already been met!

I think Coco's mom has just been able to register. We should be hearing from her soon.

To Donate go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd Please mark your donation for Coco Alexander

Angels -

We now have 1 hour left on the Matching Challenge and $30 more to go. Anyone want to double there donation?

We all know that weekends can be slow, but Coco needs to get into surgery as soon as possible. Please share Coco's story on Facebook and Twitter - even pass along this thread. The more people we can make aware, the faster we can help Coco.

To Donate go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd Please mark your donation for Coco Alexander

Just 30 minutes left on the Matching Challenge and we only have $10 more to go.

I just KNOW someone wants to finish off this Matching Challenge. Do we have a taker?

To Donate pleas go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd mark your donation for Coco Alexander

You can also use Paypal - our paypal address is paypal@imom.org - be sure to mark your donation for Coco Alexander.

Also remember to SHARE Coco's story!!!

FUND UPDATE: Coco has $100 in donations and needs $991 more

Phew - cutting the deadline on that matching challenge close - but you did it!

The Matching Challenge has been met. Packdogs, feel free to send in that donation.

Thanks to all of you for your generosity. We're slowly creeping closer to our goal... baby steps, but we sure could use a few strong leaps!

To Donate please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd mark your donation for Coco Alexander

You can also use Paypal - our paypal address is paypal@imom.org - be sure to mark your donation for Coco Alexander.

Woohoo!!! It's a great Mother's Day, donation made. Thanks to all for meeting my challenge!!!

It would be wonderful if Coco's mom could call the vet in the morning to tell them that she has the funds needed to get Coco into surgery! Today being Mother's Day, it would be fantastic if we could raise all the funds for Coco as a tribute to all mothers and to give Coco's mother the boost she needs!

To Donate please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd mark your donation for Coco Alexander

Sheila :catonchair

Hi, I highly appreciate every one at imom for your support. Coco has been in the family for 7yrs and is like a child to us. She's very friendly and is in desperate need of surgery. She's in a lot of pain right now and its hard to see her the way she is. I prayed that every thing will be okay. Thank all of you for your support.

Hi, I highly appreciate every one at imom for your support. Coco has been in the family for 7yrs and is like a child to us. She's very friendly and is in desperate need of surgery. She's in a lot of pain right now and its hard to see her the way she is. I prayed that every thing will be okay. Thank all of you for your support.

FUND UPDATE: Coco has $195 in donations and needs $896 more

For anyone who doesn't know, pyometra is a lethal infection of the uterus and must be removed ASAP via emergency spay or this pet will die!

Angels, we have to move on this one! Cross-Post this thread far and wide. Let's tell anyone and everyone that Coco needs our help. Since we have been closed for a few weeks, there may be some IMOM Angels who are not reading the forum on a regular basis. If you know of any, can you contact them and let them know there is a PIN needing help?

Remember that no donation is ever too small, they all add up to help save the life of this sweet girl.

To Donate go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd Please mark your donation for Coco Alexander

Thank you for all you do. Without your support, none of this would be possible.

Dawn

Coco's mom has sent me these pictures to post. What a sweet girl she is!

post-9479-0-64545100-1368388212_thumb.jp

I want to thank everyone at imom.org for your support. Coco mean a lot to us and really need surgery. She means the world to our family and cannot wait to have her back up and playing with us. Thanks everyone for your support.

Angels, we really need your help for Coco, this pretty girl is so important to her family and they just need for her to be back to her healthy, playful self. We can't make that happen without your help. It's a beautiful day her in New York and I have had a wonderful day with my fur kids. I hope it's beautiful where you are. But it isn't a beautiful day for Coco and Patrice emotionally and physically with Coco being so sick. Any donation is gratefully accepted. Thank you for your consideration.

Sheila

Today Coco is not feeling well and doesn't want to eat anything she's feeling down and I just want my precious baby to be healthy thanks for everyone's support.

Coco has received $270 in donations so far. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped.

:thanks3:

We are still $821 away from our goal to get this sweetie into surgery.

Angels, every day that Coco has to wait, becomes more and more of a risk that she could end up in a Life Threatening Situation.

Time to raid those piggy banks, dig in those couch cushions, pack a lunch and skip that fancy coffee.

We need to get Coco into surgery. She needs all the Angels! Please crosspost her forum page on all your social networking sites. Let's get the word out far and wide!

Patrice -

Tell us about Coco - what is she like? What is her favorite thing to do? How did she come into your live?

We would love to know more about her.

Dawn

angels, from the sounds of things this girl is feeling terrible and she isn't going to get better without this surgery...poor thing, won't eat, barely drinks and is shaking...that doesn't sound good at all......

are any of you on Facebook? Do you Twitter? spreading the word is most important...right now Coco needs all the help she can get....can we try to spread the word???

Good morning. This morning Coco didn't wanna eat or go outside to use the bathroom room. All she has been doing is laying around. Her breathing is getting very bad. :( my kids r very sad because they think coco is gonna die

Just sent $27! Hope we can get Coco feeling better soon!

Rise and shine! Time to get the IMOM Angels back in the groove. Coco needs to have surgery as soon as possible - she does not sound like she is doing well.

Consider packing a lunch and skipping that fancy coffee today and donating to Coco. Each and every donation will add up so we can reach the goal.

Don't forget to crosspost Coco's forum page on all your social networking sites. Let's get the word out far and wide! Thanks for all you do to support the Pets in Need.

Dawn

Dawn is absolutely right...Coco isn't sounding good this morning.....SHE NEEDS SURGERY SOON.....in fact, today would be GRAND.....

Can we skip lunch and a coffee this week? If you can't give it up for a whole week, one day will do...believe me, ANY and ALL DONATIONS HELP...they all add up.....

she has little kids to take care of....let's see what we can do today....