Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Savanna: Little Dog with Pyometra

168 posts in this topic

The amounts being quoted are not totals. They are the amounts from the estimate, showing the range of possible totals, low and high end estimates, best case and worst case. They are from the estimate the vet provided before we began fundraising and before treatment occurred. The actual bill can only be generated when Savannah is being released and they can count everything that was given, done and performed. That will come tomorrow.

Mary Lisa, please write the committee if you have questions. gf @ imom.org (remove spaces).

Cindy/IMOM

Here are a couple of places in Tennessee that can provide food for your pets...perhaps they can help you out with food while you are working on saving up some money for rent that you had to spend.....

Tennessee

Knox Pet Pantry - (865) 235-1176

Pantry Phone Number: (865) 235-1176

No pet in our community should be surrendered to a shelter or abandoned due to economic hardship. Approximately 1 out of 6 families seeking help from food pantries also have pets that they cannot afford to feed. Our mission is to provide temporary assistance, in the form of food, to pet owners in Knox County and surrounding areas.

Thank you Judy for this link and number.You are great! I'm on it for tomorrow but firstly I will let you know about Savanna after I take my niece to her clinic of course...Everyday or she can die. I don't understand this methadone thing. But I do know that I am happy to be the one to take care of her as I am with my baby. All they have is little ole me.And of course all of you who the Lord led me to save my baby's life. I am SOOOOOO grateful:):):):) The doctor that called me tonight said he will call me at 7 or 8 in the morning. But I will be calling them at 6 a.m. I am not going to sleep well at all. What a ride. And all because i could not get her fixed at a younger age.Another reason why I am worried about my 1 year old who needs to be spayed too. My big girl Sheba.She is a black lab..I hope and pray that I NEVER have to see her go through this... I have DEFINITELY learned a lesson from this.Savanna sends her hugs and her love to all of you.I will be praying for her extra hard tonight and all of you patient, loving, and caring Angels. God Bless you and all your loved ones. Savanna & mom

Mary Lisa, I just skimmed through the many other postings about Savanna, but has anyone given you any information about finding a low-cost spay clinic in your area? Many rescue groups are involved with these efforts and may offer a sliding fee scale, depending on one's ability to pay. They also may offer vaccinations and microchipping. At least it is true where I live, near Minneapolis/St. Paul.

I owe Mary LIsa a huge apology...for some reason I thought she was in Tennessee...I have been giving her information for groups in Tennessee....

I have just heard she is in MICHIGAN.....

now, I will check my sources and post Michigan groups...perhaps your city or area would help as I think there might be more help in Michigan.....

SORRY FOR ALL THE CONFUSION

Mary Lisa, I just skimmed through the many other postings about Savanna, but has anyone given you any information about finding a low-cost spay clinic in your area? Many rescue groups are involved with these efforts and may offer a sliding fee scale, depending on one's ability to pay. They also may offer vaccinations and microchipping. At least it is true where I live, near Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Thank you Celayne for your concerns. I like your picture. I thought about if there was any way to get around this for my other girl's spaying but it hasn't been going too well.Not yet anyway. There are some links that Judy sent to me but so far today it's been all about my little Savanna today who is so groggy and tired from the operation that I don't want to leave her side. I am just sooooo happy to pick her up and have her home. The vets office was wonderful and did such a great job. Like I wrote to one of the Angels here, I hope to find something in the line of help so I can take my other girl there to get spayed because I NEVER want to have to see this happen again. What happenned to my Savanna. Thanks again Celayne. Hugs and Kisses from Savanna & mom.

The amounts being quoted are not totals. They are the amounts from the estimate, showing the range of possible totals, low and high end estimates, best case and worst case. They are from the estimate the vet provided before we began fundraising and before treatment occurred. The actual bill can only be generated when Savannah is being released and they can count everything that was given, done and performed. That will come tomorrow.

Mary Lisa, please write the committee if you have questions. gf @ imom.org (remove spaces).

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy I should have not brought this on here. I made my vet upset. I wish someone would call them and tell them that I was not aware or didn't link it together not to bring that stuff in here. I am sorry to everyone including my vet. They feel now as though I did not appreciate them or what they did to help Savanna. I think I know what they mean now by telling me this.I'm hurt over that. I NEVER thought that they would feel like that. I don't feel as though I wrote anything bad about them. I was just VERY sacred about what I was told by the one receptionist. Guess I'll have to find another vet. Thank you for the heads up. Oh and Savanna is very tired and weak. I am here with her on the couch and VERY upset to see her like this. My poor little girl. She doesn't want to be bothered and I don't blame her. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again. BIG HUGS AND KISSES from her. Savanna Gara & mom

I owe Mary LIsa a huge apology...for some reason I thought she was in Tennessee...I have been giving her information for groups in Tennessee....

I have just heard she is in MICHIGAN.....

now, I will check my sources and post Michigan groups...perhaps your city or area would help as I think there might be more help in Michigan.....

SORRY FOR ALL THE CONFUSION

Judy thats ok. You have done much for Savanna & I and we are VERY grateful. She is very groggy and tired and weak today.I am staying by her side every second. The healing process has begun. It hurts me to see her like this. However this is how it works.We are one together again thanks to you and the everyone at the vets office. I'll keep you updated on her recovery and while my laptop battery runs down I'll use the time to find another vet and some other help for my other baby. God forbid if this ever happens again to her. I will not live through it..BIG HUGS AND KISSES to you. Savanna Gara & mom

Hello everyone! How are you today? Savanna is home. I have been nureing her during her during this recovery and healing time. I am here with her on the couch right by her side. This was the BEST present EVER! I'm glad that our 2 hearts are now one again under the same roof. Thanks to you and the everyone at the vets office. I will keep everyone updated on Savannas progess as the day goes by.God Bess you all and all your loved ones. BIG HUGS AND KISSES to you all...Savanna & mom.

Mary Lisa...you spend the day with Savanna...and tomorrow everything is going to look a whole lot better...believe me...Savanna has been through a lot..she needs to rest...

Take things one step at a time...all of the places I sent you to contact were for Tennessee...so don't even bother with them...when things settle down, you will have a chance to start working for Sheba...

It's all going to work out.....Judy

We are so happy to hear Savannah is home, safe and sound! Hopefully this was just a misunderstanding with the vet, and it's all resolved now that she's been released. We are already working behind the scenes to try and help with Sheba's spay, and will post when we have more information. Thanks to everyone who has supported and donated to Savannah. We appreciate you!

Cindy/IMOM

Mary Lisa,

Was just wondering how Savanna is doing today? Hope all is going well!

Hello everyone. Savanna is perking up today. She is getting stronger with each day. Savnna thanks you for being there for her and saving her life. I will update all you beautiful Angels tomorrow. Sorry about the late post. Savanna and I had a long day together but it was a nice one:) She is happy as long as she is with mom. Thank you too for your kind thoughts for my bigger girl Sheba. This has all been so very exhausting but like Judy says the faster, the better, with Sheba. She got that right! I couldn't EVER go through this again. Have a wonderful rest of the night. Savanna sends her HUGS AND LOVE to all of you and may God Bless you and your loved ones. Savanna & mom

Mary Lisa, I can tell by your post that you're much happier now that Savanna is now home and all better...each and every day you will see improfvement with your girl.

Keep an eye on that staple....you'll know if it needs to be looked at by the vet or not.....

I'll be checking in tomorrow to see how things are going.....

Mary Lisa, I can tell by your post that you're much happier now that Savanna is now home and all better...each and every day you will see improfvement with your girl.

Keep an eye on that staple....you'll know if it needs to be looked at by the vet or not.....

I'll be checking in tomorrow to see how things are going.....

Thank you Judy. That makes me feel even better. I will keep an eye on the staple. We are both soooo very grateful.Savanna is going to be up late tonight, Sheba and her.. We had an emergency call from California. My sister, who has Parkisons, is on her way home to stay with me. She is in the air as I write this to you. She called out of the blue to come home from being in a VERY abusive relationship and I am taking her out of it. I have been trying to get her here for months. So it may be hard for me to post tomorrow but I know it's MANDATORY so I will do it... I have to go and get everything ready here. Savanna is thnking, what is going on now? Sheba is the goofball and she just is maxy laxy and doesn't have a clue..lol Take care and I'll be back tomorrow. God Bless you and your loved ones. Have a long ride to Philadelphia airport. Taking niecy with me and my babies. Niecy will watch the dogs and I'll find my sister. We should all be ok. Sounds like a Blessing from above for all of us. I pray. BIG HUGS AND KISSES. Savanna & mom

HELLO EVERYONE. HOW ARE YOU TODAY? SAVANNA IS EVEN BETTER TODAY. SEEMS LIKE HER OLD SELF. WALKING AROUND NOW YET STILL AUNDREY WITH HER WANTING TREATS. I HAVEN'T HAD TIME TODAY TO CHECK FOR SHEBA DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED EMERGENCY. HOPEFULLY I'LL BE ABLE TO GET ON HERE TOMORROW. I KNOW ALL OF YOU BEAUTIFUL ANGELS ARE CONCERNED ABOUT SAVANNA AND I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR LOVE FOR HER:) nOW YOU TURN YOUR HEADS TOWARD MY SHEBA AND i CANNOT TELL YOU HOW LIFTED MY HEART IS TO HAVE BEEN SO BLESSED. I WILL WORK ON SHEBA'S ISSUE SOON. THIS EMERGENCY WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN AS I SUSPECTED AND I NOW HAVE 2 MORE VERY IMPORTANT TASK TO TAKE ON BESIDES MY SAVANNA AND HER ROAD TO RECOVERY. YET I FEEL STRONG AND READY. SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW:) GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES. SAVANNA SEND HER LOVE AND BIG HUGS. SAVANNA & MOM

Hello everyone. How are you today? Savanna is her old self again. Amen. She sends her love for saving her life. You cannot know how you have made me feel with this help you have so generously given to save my baby life. I'm am overwhelmed and she has even had some visitors come and see her and already they see a BIG difference. Like she's a puppy again:):):):)Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. MUCH LOVE & HUGS. Savanna & mom

What wonderful news!!! Savannah acting like a pup again...isn't that GRAND!

Now, we need to work on Sheba...you absolutely do not want her to have any problems.

Come Monday, have your list ready and begin contacting the groups to see what they can do for Sheba.....

When does Savanna get her staples out? Then her fur grows back and you'll never know she had surgery.....BRAVO..