Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Savanna: Little Dog with Pyometra

168 posts in this topic

I just sent the balance. I know you all are doing everything you can to get the surgery scheduled asap, but this scares me a lot that she has to wait until Tuesday...

Edited by Kris S

Mary Lisa and Savanna are in Pennsylvania...it's nearly 4 pm on Friday...IF we get to all funds raised before the vet closes we can get everything set TONIGHT..... PLEASE...let's make this as easy as possible.....

What a GREAT way to spend a Friday afternoon - celebrating ALL FUNDS RAISED for Savanna!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Please follow along with Mary Lisa and Savanna to help support them during surgery and recovery!

Thanks to the always generous IMOM Angels - without you, this is not possible.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Thank you, thank you, thank you Angels for helping little Savanna! I know that Mary Lisa will be thrilled to tell Savanna she can now have her surgery on Tuesday! You angels are marvelous and never let down a pet in need! You all are just the best! You are every one an angel and that's the truth!

Sheila :catonchair

I've got to assume the vet is comfortable with waiting until Tuesday ? Somebody make me feel better about this !

Looks like there is 171.00 needed to AFR. I'll match half or 85.50. Hope my math is correct.

Thank you for joining in on the fight for my little girls life.I took a nap with her for an hour and came on to see this. I'm just placing an application over at the Brown Dog Foundation. I'm going to take on this great idea that Judy and the Angels proposed to me to see if they can do the remaining amount left for her surgery thanks to you. God Bless you.I'm sorry I'm not sure of your first name. What I am sure of is that you are a very kind and caring person who both Savanna and I are VERY thankful for this generous donation that brought us closer to her life saving surgery. I will not forget all of you in my prayers. I have decided that once off this disability, I will try to donate too for others who need the same help as I do. My heart has become so full of love from all this that it's about to burst:) Thanks again. Mary Lisa

I think if you look further you'll see that All Funds are Raised. Good luck...Steve

This is great news! Thank you, everyone! IMOM will send a pledge to the vet in due course, so that surgery can take place.

Thank you again!

What wonderful news. Please have a safe and stable weekend, dear Savanna!

Steve, I think that Mary Lisa is trying to answer each and every post and she hasn't gotten to the bottom yet...I SO HOPE she seems that all the funds are raised before the vet closes....

I am with you.....I am hoping that surgery can happen on MONDAY.....

Edited by Judy

FUND UPDATE: SAVANNA HAS $660 IN FUNDS AND NEEDS $171 MORE AS OF 2:30 pm EST 3/15/13

The matching challenge has been met!

Do you think we can do this and get Savanna into surgery today? I think the Angels CAN!

Donations can be made here http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd or directly to paypal@IMOM.org. Please be sure to note Savanna Gara's name when you donate.

Hi Dawn. I wanted to again thank you for helping my little girl:) You are all truly Angels.I tried to get her in on Monday and I just got off the phone with the vet. She said they are packed with surgery's on Monday so Tuesday looks like the day. They want her to spend the night. I'm not too happy about that Dawn because it's my b'day the next day and God forbid. Well like Judy said. I should look at this as a BIG present when I go to pick her up. I"ll probably be sleeping in the car all night in their driveway...lol ..I'll keep you updated. Everyday! God Bless you and your loved ones. Mary Lisa & Savanna

WOW!!!!!!Thank you sooo much eveyone. God Bless you!!!!.Savanna sends her love:)I just ask for her paw but instead she gave me the "squint of love".Thats how I know she is sending it all around. She really feels this.I moved her floor bed over here with me in what used to be moms room. This is where I have my laptop. Thsi is great news

What a wonderful person you are Lisa! To give up a night out for my baby. I wish I could send it back to you 1000 fold. I know someone who will-Jesus Christ. I pray for all of you wonderful Angels EVERYNIGHT who poured their hearts out for Savanna and I that Jesus will reward all of you for your kindness. My mother always said, "when you are kind to animals the Lord will shine his light so bright upon you". I understand now. Although I could not afford to save her life with money, all I have is my love, but through your efforts of love has come new life for my little girl. You have all given her such hope to live. Thank you so much everyone.My eyes are filling with tears of joy because of such wonderful people who are out there that really care for my little girl. Mary Lisa

Both Savanna and I want to thank you for all your kind efforts and help. You are truly a trooper Lisa!It seems as though when you want something done you go for it!. You and every Angel out there brought together one heart that was falling apart for the last week or so with worry for my baby. My heart feels whole again. Savanna ate really well tonight. She actually ate the peas and carrots with her boiled chicken! I am happy for this because her appetite was so skiddish and fading. Not more then 15 minutes after I received the good news about the funds, she ate. I will keep you and everyone here updated. Please sweet Jesus watch over her. They want to keep her overnight and I am not too happy about that especially since the next day is my B'day. God forbid anything from happening! Yet what a WONDERFUL gift both Savanna and I received today. Thanks again Lisa. I will be here tomorrow after Savanna, Sheba and I take niecy to her clinic as usual/7 days a week to keep her alive. It is my mission!. Mary Lisa

Ok Judy. I'm going to call anyway to see what they can do it since it is 2:42. I will update you. I think she told me last week that they only do so many on a Friday. Up till a certain time. I'll call now. God Bless you. I'm so excited yet still so scared. Mary Lisa

Well the update is final. Tuesday morning at 7:30 am I have to have her in. They won't know when she will go into the surgery. I probably will put myself in her place from the time I let the leash go into someone elses hands and from there on I will be walking her steps. Savanna and I have NEVER been apart since 2005.After mom told me years ago about how she was acting when I went to work I started to take her with me. This is mainly why I am acting like this now. I apologize. However,I am keeping your words in my heart for strength Judy. Thank you for them. I am going to keep closer to her then I ever have been from now till then. I will take a shirt and her blanky. I hope she sleeps all the way up till I can get her. Well maybe an hour before. I will keep you and all the Angels updated. Thanks again Judy and God bless all of you:) Mary Lisa & Savanna

What a GREAT way to spend a Friday afternoon - celebrating ALL FUNDS RAISED for Savanna!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Please follow along with Mary Lisa and Savanna to help support them during surgery and recovery!

Thanks to the always generous IMOM Angels - without you, this is not possible.

Dawn your right it's peana butta & jelly time peana butta and jelly time,pean butta jelly,peana butta jelly. Thats so hilarious!. Thank you Dawn. You made me laugh when I saw them:):):):)

Mary Lisa,

Just hang in there! Savanna is almost at "All Funds Raised", this week-end you'll just have to keep those positive thoughts going for her and take extra good care of her. Tell her, her new Angel friends at IMOM are pulling for her and that she will have her surgery on Tuesday. Once Savanna is at "All Funds Raised", your caseworker (Kyle) or whomever is on duty will contact you and let you know what to do, so stay by your computer! You're doing a great job of posting for your baby! It is very important that if you have questions that you contact your caseworker at IMOM via the Internet. The caseworker very rarely has time to read the Forum, but your questions to gf@imom.com will always get a response! By the way, this is a picture of Graycee (I decided to add one of her today).

Sheila :catonchair

Hello Sheila. Thank you for such kind words of encouragement. I'm going to need them.Graycee is so pretty. I see her danty little girl feet. I love that the most about female cats. Her colors are just as you wrote. Give her a hug for me please. Savanna sends her hugs to her. She has 2 adopted cats that my niece brought here. They are males. Spotty and Tiger. Well at least one of us had the sense to spay/neuter her pets..lol.. A lesson WELL learned. I will keep you updated Sheila.Thanks for the FYI on my caseworker. Tomorrow is a day closer to hopefully making Savanna feel like a new dog.I'm not for this kind of stuff but if they say it's necessary for her I wish her to live another 9 years:). I will keep you and all the Angels here updated. Thank you so much Shiela. Mary Lisa & Savanna Gara

I've got to assume the vet is comfortable with waiting until Tuesday ? Somebody make me feel better about this !

Hi there.Yes the vet is and I'm not feeling too good about this waiting either. I just got off the phone with her and she said as long as she does not bleed excessively then she would be fine. She is on some strong antibiotics. I was asking her sooo many questions.By the way, is your first name Sue? I'm sorry I was looking at the bottom of the page and thought I saw Sue "RESTNWOLF" .Savanna will be brought in by me Tuesday morning at 7:30 or sooner. They didn't tell me exactly when she would be going into surgery because there are others. Poor little babies. This breaks my heart to know all about what their bodies have to endure. Monday was booked solid. I was and still am very upset that they could not get her in today. I could have picked her up tomorrow. They don't do surgery over the weekends.I hope this makes you feel better. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I have been posting for an hour now going down the line to assure everyone about whats going on. I will keep you updated. Prayer and hope for my little girl are all thats left with the path still being long. I'm so happy that all of you were here for her these past few days. I will be keeping a close eye on her bottom and her actions till then, during then and after the operation making sure that all of the kind and beautiful people here know what is going on as much as I can. Thank you and God bless you. Mary Lisa & Savanna Gara

This is great news! Thank you, everyone! IMOM will send a pledge to the vet in due course, so that surgery can take place.

Thank you again!

Hello Kyle. The surgery won't happen till Tuesday March 19th @ 7:30 a.m. I'm not sure if she'll be first but the sooner the better I guess. They were booked solid on Monday and they do not do surgery's on the weekends.Thank you Kyle for being there and for being so patient with me. My niecy thanks you. Unfortunately my days start late due to her clinic but thats ok. It's her life too. Except Tuesday she will be going with someone else/I hope...If not I'll pick her up early and then we can both take Savanna in. Thanks again...Mary Lisa & Savanna Gara

Did the vet tell you that she can't have food or water after a certain time on Monday? I think 8 pm...so she'll be prepared for surgery on Tuesday.....

and

bring along the tee shirt you wore on Sunday or Monday so it has your scent on it, ask the vet if you can leave it for her so that when she wakes up in recovery she will know that she is not alone, and that her Momma is with her.....

Now, you two can try to relax, not worry about the funding and spend some quality time together before the surgery.....I know that you wil be keeping your eye on her so we know she is in good hands.....

I'll be hoping that your update tomorrow is a good one...and the same for Sunday.....

Donation made for Savanna

Thank you soooo very much for your donation. Savanna sends her love to you with BIG hugs! Her goal has been is reached and I wanted to update you on when her surgery is. They could not get her in till Tuesday. I'm not happy about it at all. However, the vet seems to feel ok with it since she is on some strong antibiotics.15 minutes after the funds were rasied, she ate really better then she has eaten in days. That makes me feel better. Although the road is still long, and I'm sorry to ask, because you have given much already, maybe a prayer could be added when you have time? I will keep everyone updated on her starting tomorrow. God Bless you and your loved ones. Mary Lisa & Savanna Gara

I'll take $25 of that matching challenge. Let's get Savanna into the vet today ...

Hi Sue. Thank you kindly for your wonderful efforts and donations in helping my little girl:) The funds are raised! Unfortunately they cannot get her into the surgery till Tuesday. I am feeling like I am living in a dream world right now.I'm numb. The wait is not helping me any but I spoke to the vet and she said that with the strong antbiotics she is on that she would be ok till then. I will keep you updated. God Bless you and your loved ones. Mary Lisa & Savanna Gara

Is it too late in the day for surgery or is it the money ?

It was too late in the day and they didn't do surgery's on weekend. Monday was booked solid. Bet if I ever get another female dog they will be spayed. Lesson learned. Thank you for your concern and God Bless you and your loved ones for all your help and donations. Many hugs:):):):) Savanna & Mary Lisa

Id hate to think that a carimg vet would put this dogs life in danger over a few bucks. If money is the only thing keeping her from getting treatment TODAY let me know.

I don't think thats it. I hope not. When I called they told me right off the bat that the vet was booked solid for Monday. She assured me that the antibiotics would help her. Oh God forbid! If something does happen I'll die. I have my eyes on her and a back up plan just in case. Please don't worry. Your very kind to be so concerned. Thank you and I will keep you updated. Many hugs! Savanna and Mary Lisa. P.S. I am worried about the wait too/VERY MUCH. I mean I see whats coming out of her and how it changes sometimes. I have called and told them.They said as long as it isn't too much. Fingers crossed:)I'm numb.