Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Savanna: Little Dog with Pyometra

168 posts in this topic

I woke up thinking we'd have all funds raised for this pup. How disappointing. I'm going to skip eating out all weekend to give more. I'd like to match the next $100 in donations but am not sure how that would work. Help? Maybe someone at IMOM can send me a message or something? Thanks.

Lisa thank you so very much. Please don't skip eating. I wish I could send some food to you because it sounds like your going to do this anyway whether I ask you to or not. I'm not eating anyway. I cannot believe Savanna has been holding on this long..She must really know she has sooo many new friends that care sooo much about her that her will to live may be getting stronger. Believe me she is not liking food right now and seeing this is breakiing my heart. My little companion says she loves you Lisa. She sends her hugs and a kisses to you:) Thank you Mary Lisa.

Mary Lisa, we are getting a lot closer...how soon after the funds are raised can Savanna get into surgery??

You said she was on medication, I am guessing a strong antibiotic to help with the infection, right? Have you been in contact with the vet clinic?

Once the matching challenge is met I might just call and give them an update...I was SO HOPING that we could get Savanna to surgery today.....

What state are you in?

Hello Judy. How are you? she can go in right away. I am down the road from my vets office. The medication makes her tired but thats to be expected right.Yes a strong anti-biotic.I have kept close contact with them during and after hours because there has been change from what is coming out of her. I don't think it's for the better yet the one vet said if it gets to be a large amount then I should be worried. I am worried every second. I'm glad she is staying stable.Judy thank you for all you saintly efforts. God is watching over her. The weekend is upon us and they don't do operations on the weekend.Then again I wouldn't be able to pay them so she is in the Lords hands now. Don't worry. I'm keeping an eye on her every second of the day and if anything turns for the worst, and from what they are telling me the anti-biotics don't always work so it most likely will, at least she'll be in my arms is she passes.I just pray that it's not going to hurt her. I'm upset but I have to be strong for her. Here is the vets number so you have it handy.-(610) 269-4404. God Bless

Mary Lisa, please know I have just chosen not to go out for dinner or cocktails in honor of Savanna. This money is better spent for her.

FUND UPDATE: SAVANNA HAS $510 IN FUNDS AND NEEDS $321 MORE AS OF 1:30 pm EST 3/15/13

THE MATCHING CHALLENGE HAS BEEN MET AND IS INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL!

We are getting closer. I know we can get this done so Savanna can get into surgery. Her mom says she can go in right away.

Why don’t you keep me busy today – make me post fund updates this afternoon until we reach All Funds Raised. Nothing would make my Friday better than seeing the dancing bananas!

Huge thanks to all of you who support the PINs!

Donations can be made here http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd or directly to paypal@IMOM.org. Please be sure to note Savanna's name when you donate.

Thank you so much for your support and donations.

FUND UPDATE: SAVANNA HAS $255 IN FUNDS AND NEEDS $576 MORE AS OF 5:20 am EST 3/15/13

Angels – Savanna is counting on us! We all know how serious Pyometra is .

Let's all pack our lunches, skip those fancy coffees, raid those piggy banks and dig in those couch cushions!

Remember that no donation is ever to small, it will all add up to help save the life of this sweet girl.

To make a donation to Savanna, go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for Savanna Gara. If you prefer to donate directly from your PayPal account, please use paypal@imom.org and mark your donation for Savanna Gara.

Hello Dawn. Thank you!Savanna is smiling right now as she stares ate me.Thats the usual. I just gave her some boiled chicken since this is all she'll eat for now.Just a taste. Thats all she takes during the day. She goes all day and up to 9-10 at night before she really takes a nice size piece. But thats fading and soon I'm going to have to try another method. Any thoughts? I look at her and can see some fear in her eyes. Almost like she's waiting for a bomb shell to drop. Maybe it's just me worrying how this infection can turn even worst at any given moment.Yet I have had other vets tell me over the phone that anti-biotics don't work with this type of infection.So I guess they are telling me it's just a matter of time.Boiled chicken isn't nutritious enough to keep her body working with the medicine to fight it off the infection. I wish I had been smarter and had her spayed. How stupid am I. I need to focus. She is my life and I am hers.She sends her love to you and everyone. Mary Lisa

Dear Angels, we are so close to the total needed to get Savanna into surgery! It is almost the week-end and they don't do surgery on the week-ends! Let's get Savanna to All Funds Raised so she can have surgery first thing on Monday! Don't wait for the week-end to be here, let Savanna's doctor's know that the money has been raised and will be paid when Savanna has her surgery on Monday. As you can tell by Mary Lisa's posts, she's getting really scared for her baby and Pyo is such a terrible disease, please donate if you can! Thank you Angels!!

Donations can be made here http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd or directly to paypal@IMOM.org. Please be sure to note Savanna Gara's name when you donate.

Sheila :catonchair

I wish I could do more but here's what I can do....

I can do another MATCHING CHALLENGE for the NEXT $75.00 donated...that will get Savanna ANOTHER $150.00 closer to her surgery.....

PLEASE, I'm asking you....TAKE MY MONEY.....the sooner, the better.....

OK, Judy, I'll take that $75 matching challenge. I'd really like to see Savanna get into surgery today if possible.

Sue...I'm on my way to PAY.....I can't think of a better way to end this Friday than Savanna getting her surgery.....

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Mary Lisa said she's having trouble with her Internet connection...praying it's working NOW...We are too close not to make this happen......

WOW - ladies - love this!!! Judy’s Matching Challenge has already been met. As soon as the funds are sent in I will give you another Fund Update. Keeping me on my toes.

Let's get Savanna into surgery.

Donations can be made here http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd or directly to paypal@IMOM.org. Please be sure to note Savanna Gara's name when you donate.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Hey Dawn, just sent in my $75.00.....NOW...let's MAKE THIS HAPPEN.....

Mary Lisa best get ready to call the vet!!!

FUND UPDATE: SAVANNA HAS $660 IN FUNDS AND NEEDS $171 MORE AS OF 2:30 pm EST 3/15/13

The matching challenge has been met!

Do you think we can do this and get Savanna into surgery today? I think the Angels CAN!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

FUND UPDATE: SAVANNA HAS $510 IN FUNDS AND NEEDS $321 MORE AS OF 1:30 pm EST 3/15/13

THE MATCHING CHALLENGE HAS BEEN MET AND IS INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL!

We are getting closer. I know we can get this done so Savanna can get into surgery. Her mom says she can go in right away.

Why don’t you keep me busy today – make me post fund updates this afternoon until we reach All Funds Raised. Nothing would make my Friday better than seeing the dancing bananas!

Huge thanks to all of you who support the PINs!

Donations can be made here http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd or directly to paypal@IMOM.org. Please be sure to note Savanna's name when you donate.

Thank you so much for your support and donations.

WOW!!!!!!Thank you sooo much eveyone. God Bless you!!!!.Savanna sends her love:)I just ask for her paw but instead she gave me the "squint of love".Thats how I know she is sending it all around. She really feels this.I moved her floor bed over here with me in what used to be moms room. This is where I have my laptop. Thsi is great news

Mary Lisa, please know I have just chosen not to go out for dinner or cocktails in honor of Savanna. This money is better spent for her.

What a wonderful person you are Lisa! To give up a night out for my baby. I wish I could send it back to you 1000 fold. I know someone who will-Jesus Christ. I pray for all of you wonderful Angels EVERYNIGHT who poured their hearts out for Savanna and I that Jesus will reward all of you for your kindness. My mother always said, "when you are kind to animals the Lord will shine his light so bright upon you". I understand now. Although I could not afford to save her life with money, all I have is my love, but through your efforts of love has come new life for my little girl. You have all given her such hope to live. Thank you so much everyone.My eyes are filling with tears of joy because of such wonderful people who are out there that really care for my little girl. Mary Lisa

Hey Dawn, just sent in my $75.00.....NOW...let's MAKE THIS HAPPEN.....

Mary Lisa best get ready to call the vet!!!

Ok Judy. I'm going to call anyway to see what they can do it since it is 2:42. I will update you. I think she told me last week that they only do so many on a Friday. Up till a certain time. I'll call now. God Bless you. I'm so excited yet still so scared. Mary Lisa

Looks like there is 171.00 needed to AFR. I'll match half or 85.50. Hope my math is correct.

FUND UPDATE: SAVANNA HAS $660 IN FUNDS AND NEEDS $171 MORE AS OF 2:30 pm EST 3/15/13

The matching challenge has been met!

Do you think we can do this and get Savanna into surgery today? I think the Angels CAN!

Oh thank you so very much Dawn. God Bless you. I'm going to call the vet right now to see how long they are doing the operations today. I know from last week they said on Fridays they only do up till a certain time. I will updat everyone. You are truly an Angel Dawn:) Savanna and I thank you-Mary Lisa

Here we GO!!!!!!

We are $85.50 away from surgery!!!!!

I just called the vets office and Becky, who is handling IMOM paperwork said Tuesday morning. Kind of scarey after how serious they told me this was. Oh and I gave you an incorrect number to them. It's (610)942-4404. What do I do Judy?

Mary LIsa...you need to email IMOM and tell them what the vet is saying...I am NOT an IMOM volunteer...just a member of the forum who tries to help out when she can.....

send an email to your caseworker at gf@imom.org

tell them what the vet clinic has said, they will communicate with you via email, NOT here on the forum.....

it's all going to be OK.....

Mary Lisa,

Just hang in there! Savanna is almost at "All Funds Raised", this week-end you'll just have to keep those positive thoughts going for her and take extra good care of her. Tell her, her new Angel friends at IMOM are pulling for her and that she will have her surgery on Tuesday. Once Savanna is at "All Funds Raised", your caseworker (Kyle) or whomever is on duty will contact you and let you know what to do, so stay by your computer! You're doing a great job of posting for your baby! It is very important that if you have questions that you contact your caseworker at IMOM via the Internet. The caseworker very rarely has time to read the Forum, but your questions to gf@imom.com will always get a response! By the way, this is a picture of Graycee (I decided to add one of her today).

Sheila :catonchair

Edited by Sheila IMOM

I thought Mary Lisa mentioned they were probably booked for today as she was calling at 2:45...but, there has been SO MUCH ACTIVITY that I could have missed something.....

I did also see that she is in close contact with the vet and the clinic.....AND she is having internet issues....could she ask for more things to be happening all at once????

Id hate to think that a carimg vet would put this dogs life in danger over a few bucks. If money is the only thing keeping her from getting treatment TODAY let me know.

Inching closer! Donations were just counted -

FUND UPDATE: SAVANNA HAS $680 IN FUNDS AND NEEDS $151 MORE AS OF 3:45 pm EST 3/15/13

Everything is on hold until we reach All Funds Raised.

Edited by Dawn IMOM