Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Ceili Hussey - Dog with Urgent Uterine Infection/Pyometra

11 posts in this topic

We received an urgent request to help Ceili Hussey, a sweet dog with a Uterine Infection/Pyometra.

Thanks to all who contribute to the General Fund, IMOM was able to pledge $200.00 so that surgery can be scheduled to save Ceili's life. Ceili is currently on antibiotics and supportive care.

We cannot thank you all enough for making these donations possible. Without our General Fund, we couldn't continue to help pets who are in need of life-saving surgeries and treatment.

Ceili's Mom will be along soon to tell you more about Ceili and post some photos. Here is what she has to say about Ceili:

"We purchased Ceili when she was eight weeks old and she has been a big part of our family ever since. Both my children were young when she entered our family and they have grown up with her. We also have a 1 1/2 year old lab that would be heartbroken without her. Ceili is like her mother. Last week, Ceili was diagnosed with Pyometra. She still the needs the ovariohysterectomy surgery, as the antibiotics won't cure her alone. She will have to be euthanized without the surgery."

To make a donation to IMOM's general fund to help the next pet in need who comes to us when there is no time to fundraise visit http://tinyurl.com/ag9dfyj

Jamie.K/IMOM Trainee

I would truly like to thank all who have donated to IMOM and have made Ceili's surgery possible. She is scheduled to have the surgery on Tues. Feb. 19th. For the next few days, we are just trying to make Ceili comfortable. She is on the antiobiotics but her appetite is not very good. She won't touch her dog food, so I have been making her food that she will eat to keep her health up. My children are very grateful to you all also. They would be lost without their beloved pet and so would our other dog, Marley. She looks to Ceili like a mother and definitely knows that she is not herself. You can see the concern for Ceili on Marley's face and she knows that Ceili is not up to running around and playing with her right now. But now with IMOM's help, Ceili will be running around with Marley soon. This is the best Valentine's Day ever. This is what the day of love should be about! I will be keeping everyone up to date with how Ceili is doing up to and after her surgery. Again, this wouldn't be possible without your help and I can't thank you all who have donated funds to IMOM enough. I hope to one day be in a position to make my own donation in Ceili's honor to help other pets in need.

ceili and marley

What a sweet picture! Sendign positive thoughts for a good weekend and succesful surgery next week. :)

Judy G.

Thank you Judy and all IMOM donors! Ceili is still resting, getting ready for her surgery on Tues. She sleeps alot and is wearing her diapers (which I will put up a picture of soon) to help so the bleeding doen't get all over, as she is still clotting because of the pyometra. But at least it is coming out of her. I will be giving updates along the way up to and after her surgery to let all know how she is doing. I know that if she could speak, she would thank you all for saving her life. More pics to come soon and love to all of you at IMOM for making this stressful time much easier!

Ceili is a lovely girl...and I can't wait for her to have her surgery on Tuesday...then once she recovers she can lead a happy, healthy life...sending positive thoughts and prayers for a totally successful surgery, please let us know...

Ceili had a good weekend and we even got her out for a nice walk. She is ready for her surgery tomorrow morning and we hope all goes well. We will let you all know how she does after the surgery and keep everyone updated on her recovery. Ceili is very thankful to you all. She sends her love and kisses. Much love to all who have donated to this very worthy cause. Ceili's life will be greater now because of people like you and I hope to one day be able to donate to this cause in Ceili's honor. :thanks3:

Ceili had her surgery and is doing ok. She is very tired and resting, but did manage to eat a little tonight. Tomorrow we start her on her antibiotics and I'm sure she will get stronger everyday. She is moving around ok, but trying to get used to the cone around her neck. I have to hold it when she to close to the walls and doors. She bangs off of them quite often. Our other dog Marley is very happy to see Ceili home again and well. She can sense that something is wrong with her and she is a little afraid of Ceili's cone. But as soon as Ceili is well enough, I'm sure they will be chasing each other around the house once more. Once again, thank you all for making this day possible and saving Ceili's life. My children and I will be forever grateful!

Ceili after surgery/ 1st day home

:pawprint:

Yay! I love great updates. : ) Give her a day or two and she will be running around like nothing ever happened. Well maybe not running with that giant cone! She looks great. :)

Judy G.

Ceili is already feeling a little bit better today. She had some liver and plenty of treats. She has been following me around the house, which is a good sign that she wants to stretch her legs since she was so tired before. She still has some bleeding and blood clots, but the vet said that it is normal for that to happen for as long as a week after. I will let you all know how she is doing tomorrow, which I'm sure will be even better! :aktion033:

Ceili is even better today. Although she doesn't want to eat her dog food, but I think she knows I will make her something else.(lol) She even had the energy to chase Marley around the house. She seems to be looking much better and now we are just keeping an eye on the stitches and getting some weight back on her. She is even getting used to the cone collar. Everyday with Ceili is a blessing thanks to IMOM! Keep you all updated soon. :waycool:

Glad to hear Ceili is feeling well enough to run around. :) When does she get the stitches out and lose the dreaded cone?

Thanks for the updates!

Judy G.