Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie IMOM

Brandy Wells

17 posts in this topic

Brandy Wells is a 9 1/2 year old mixed breed dog that has pyometra. Because of those of you who contribute to our general fund, IMOM was able to pledge $800 to get Brandy in to her vet today to get her life-saving surgery.

Here is Brandy and what her mom has to say about her:

post-7801-0-97028400-1360170860_thumb.jp

" I am disabled and live alone.Brandy is my very best friend.I love her so much.She is my companion when I'm lonely, My playmate when bored, She never leaves my side when sick,She is my protector and even cheers me up when sad. I always tell people Brandy saved me,That I didnt save her.I found her wandering the parking lot at the flea mkt. She came right up to me when i opened the car door,She bounced right up inside.My other dog has not left Brandys side, she loves her too, they are best friends. I love her so much, my world will never be the same without her. Please help her. I feel ashamed that I cannot save her, that money will determine if she lives or dies."

IMOM, Brandy, and her Mom would like to ask you to please consider making a donation to our general fund so we will be able to continue helping pets like Brandy when they have no time left. To donate to our general fund, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd

Edited by Jamie IMOM

post-14235-0-01477100-1360175381_thumb.j

Well we just got the word that the WONDERFUL people here at IMOM have funded to save my sweet Brandy's life!

Here is a picture of her waiting for the vet to come get her. I have a WONDERFUL vet also! She and her husband have this great mobile vet service and they are actually CHEAPER than going to a vets office. She spends quality time with your friend and its not traumatic for the pet either...I'll post a picture of her mobile office when she comes to pick up Brandy.

I want to give a SPECIAL thank you to someone I have not ever met or spoken with. Her name is Jamie. She has been right on top of this since last night...What a wonderful person...She didnt stop until I did it right and she got me approved...There is truley a special place in Heaven for people like her...Thank you Jamie. I'm sure there are many more "Behind the Scenes" people working that made this possible..Dont think Brandy and I are not grateful...You have a friend and community member for life!! I thank you all from the bottom of my heart...That as of yesterday was broken at the thought of losing my best friend..........GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Well Brandy will be having Emergency Surgery TONIGHT...actually in a couple hours...She still isnt out of the woods yet...So please lets keep Brandy and ALL the others in our prayers tonight.

I will post as soon as I know something....Again, Thank you all!!

So glad that IMOM is able to help Brandy and lots of others like Brandy who are out there! It wouldn't be possible without the kind donations of the IMOM Angels who support our General Fund, so that when emergencies like Brandy's come in IMOM is able to help out! If you would like to make a donation to our general fund, please go to ttp://tinyurl.com/79og6jd. Thank you for your consideration!

Sheila :catonchair

Thank you for your kind words. And thank you for working so hard to help Brandy. Please be sure to let us all know how Brandy's surgery goes this evening.

You could not have been more correct when you said, "I'm sure there are many more "Behind the Scenes" people working that made this possible". Many people may not know it, but IMOM exemplifies the definition of team work. The IMOM volunteers all work very hard on every case that comes in and the donors all give their hard earned money to make the case successful. This really is a family.

I am so glad that Brandy is having her surgery TONIGHT and can't wait to see word that she is in recovery and all is well.....

Jamie and all the volunteeers here at IMOM work so hard to make things happen as quickly as possible...I am so glad that Brandy was able to get her surgery so quickly.....congratulations....your hard work paid off....

post-14235-0-86494000-1360243220_thumb.jpost-14235-0-12375000-1360243208_thumb.j

Good Morning my new friends. My wonderful Vet came to get Brandy last night. She is really a wonderful caring vet...NEVER charges after hours fees...and her fees are about a 1/3 of others in the area.

Well, she came and got Brandy around 8pm last night and performed her surgery around 10pm. I cried like a baby, it was her 1st time away from home. :( She called me around 11:30pm to let me know that Brandy was waking up just fine and surgery was successful. She also said that one more day...Brandy might not of made it...She was severly Toxic and her uterus was at max she has ever seen.

She will be observing her today because she still has toxins in her system, but I might be able to bring her home tonight...YEAH!! Her sister Britney will be sooo happy, she paced the home all night looking for Brandy.

Again, there is not enough "Thank you's" in the world I can say to all of you for saving my friend.........More to come tonight....Have a wonderful day my friends.

post-14235-0-86494000-1360243220_thumb.jpost-14235-0-12375000-1360243208_thumb.j

Good Morning my new friends. My wonderful Vet came to get Brandy last night. She is really a wonderful caring vet...NEVER charges after hours fees...and her fees are about a 1/3 of others in the area.

Well, she came and got Brandy around 8pm last night and performed her surgery around 10pm. I cried like a baby, it was her 1st time away from home. :( She called me around 11:30pm to let me know that Brandy was waking up just fine and surgery was successful. She also said that one more day...Brandy might not of made it...She was severly Toxic and her uterus was at max she has ever seen.

She will be observing her today because she still has toxins in her system, but I might be able to bring her home tonight...YEAH!! Her sister Britney will be sooo happy, she paced the home all night looking for Brandy.

Again, there is not enough "Thank you's" in the world I can say to all of you for saving my friend.........More to come tonight....Have a wonderful day my friends.

WOW...I am so happy to hear that Brandy is out of surgery and in recovery...

BRAVO to you and your vet...what a wonderful sounding vet...mobile to boot and caring...what a combination.....We have a wonderful mobile vet but he doesn't do surgeries...and he too is less expensive than driving to a vet clinic...

I'll check back later to see how Brandy is doing today.....Judy

Good Afternoon my friends...Well Brandy is now home......She is not quite out of the woods yet. The toxins are still in her blood stream and she is fighting hard to feel better, but she still wont eat or drink. She is now resting in her bed and I'm hoping to introduce some food and water later this evening...Her sister Britney is not leaving her side...She even went and dropped Brandy's favourite toy next to her...It was almost like she was trying to give her something to comfort her...Soooo sweet!

Again, Pls keep Brandy in your Prayers and I will update you on her progress tonight

Gentle hugs to you both -- especially Brandy. I hope she has a restful night and pees all those toxins out.

Did the vet send you home with any antibiotics or other medicine?

Good morning my friends...Well last night was a little rough...Brandy was still not eating or drinking...But around 2am, I felt a little nudge on my hand...It was Britney, my other dog trying to wake me up. I got scared and went to Brandy's bed..She wasnt there, so I found her in the utility room drinking some water and tail wagging...And this morning she ate a little bit too...It looks like she is gonna do ok.......I will take some pics later and keep you updated...YEAH!!

Brandy has had a pretty rough few days...and she had major surgery...she came home right away and the first day after surgery can be tough...with a little tender care from her Momma each day is going to get better and better.

What a sweet story about Britney, waking Momma up to let her know that Brandy was up and about!!

I'm SO HAPPY to read your update.....keep them coming.....Judy

Good morning my friends...Well last night was a little rough...Brandy was still not eating or drinking...But around 2am, I felt a little nudge on my hand...It was Britney, my other dog trying to wake me up. I got scared and went to Brandy's bed..She wasnt there, so I found her in the utility room drinking some water and tail wagging...And this morning she ate a little bit too...It looks like she is gonna do ok.......I will take some pics later and keep you updated...YEAH!!

Way to go Brandy! How sweet of Britney to wake you up. She knew you'd want to know that Brandy is feeling better. :)

Sounds like you have two very special girls there! Keeping all paws crossed that Brandy continues to improve and that "Nurse" Britney stays on duty!

Sheila :catonchair

Edited by Sheila IMOM

I am so glad to hear that Brandy is doing better. Hopefully she will be back to her old self in a few more days.

post-14235-0-93916100-1360634267_thumb.j

Good Evening my friends...WOW...I have been a little worried about Brandy,,,But today,,,she is just wonderful!!!

Today she went out to lay in the sun...She is eating very well and seems about 75% recovered....I guess some take longer than others.......I am pretty sure she is gonna be back to her old self again soon.