Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Heidi Wagner - Dog with Dystonia Needed Emergency C-Section

16 posts in this topic

Yesterday, we received an emergency request to help Heidi Wagner, a sweet Australian Blue Heeler who had Dystonia and a stuck puppy and needed an emergency Caesarean section. The veterinarian did not know the condition of the remaining puppies, if any.

Thanks to all who contribute to the General Fund, IMOM was able to pledge $500.00 so that surgery could be performed immediately to save Heidi's life.

Heidi's owner was experiencing technical problems and has been unable to post an introduction or comments about his beloved dog. He should be along soon to tell us all about Heidi.

post-9302-0-43030100-1358545733_thumb.jp

We cannot thank you all enough for making these donations possible. Without our General Fund, we couldn't continue to help these pets in dire emergencies and Heidi would no longer be with us.

To make a donation to IMOM's general fund to help the next pet in need who comes to us when there is no time to fundraise visit http://tinyurl.com/ag9dfyj

Jamie.K

IMOM Trainee

How is Heidi doing?

Jamie.K

IMOM Trainee

Edited by Jamie K IMOM Trainee

Are you having difficulty posting?

Jamie.K

IMOM Trainee

It looks like you're starting to get the hang of it.

Jamie.K

IMOM Trainee

i think i got it.concerning my dog heidi, she is a two year old australian blue heeler.i found her a mile from my house 20 months ogo in the desert and she was looking real bad.i took her to the vet and she had been beaten abandoned,left for dead

i rescued her and brought her back from death.without the help and support she would have died a second time due to her pelvis being previously broken,and there not enough room for the puppies to come out.i was not prepared,or knowledgeable of the risks i was about to face.when i was informed of my negelence,there was no way possible to afford the surgery.ihad no other alternative but to have her and the puppies put down.returning in the morning to say good bye i was informed of a god sent miracle and with the help of this organization,the staff,and doctors,a few hours later heidi received a c section.we lost the puppies,but heidi is recovering again.i am greatly thankfull for the help and support of this program.

heidi is in full recovery,she is getting more active since the pain medicine ran out.it is so nice to have her back.

i cant thank everyone enough for giving me the hope and funds to be able to save my heidi.what a experience.

Thank you so much for the updates and the news that Heidi is doing well. Often we do not hear about the outcome for any behind the scenes emergencies, so it's nice to hear a good outcome. I hope Heidi coninues to recover and gets back to her old self. :)

Judy G.

Yes, thank you. It's so nice to hear how Heidi is doing. And, thanks for posting this in another forum topic as well as a testimonial:

"my 2 year old heidi is australian healer,but only knows how to herd people.we bred her with a perfect mate,but when the time came to give birth, no puppies came out.we took her to manzanita animal hospital after they were closed and managed to get a Dr Anderson to come in on a emergency.he discovered they could not fit through the pelvis.she was scheduled for termination in the morning.after a night of dozens of websites,the staff at manzanita suggested imom,i allready contacted care credit and being denied,i gathered all the information needed and took the most painfull ride of my life,to put my heidi down.when i got there every personel in the office got on the fax machines, phones,internet.after three hours,heidi was in surgery,7dead puppies were removed and her life was saved.today she is recovering and doing well.the donation of 500dollars from imom is giving me a new look at life.the love care and kindness imom,office staff and Dr.Anderson contributed has been efforts i have never experienced in 52years.i would like to thank everyone involved and looking foward to get active.this place is great&eye opening.i hope i did this right and apologize if not.lol blaine"

I'm so glad to hear Heidi is doing well.

Jamie.K/IMOM Trainee

I am thrilled Heidi survived and even more thrilled that this beautiful dog that had been beaten and left for dead has now been spayed. She's borne enough pain in her short life and now deserves only TLC and carefree days.

Dr Anderson and staff sound like some pretty wonderful people, too.

its turning into a amazing recovery.the pain is gping away, but not the instinct to mother.she snatched four stuffed toys from my mothers dog and decided they are her babies.she carries them around, cleans them, and lays on top of them.tht cutest and strangest thing i ever saw a dog do.her pastime.got to love it

i wound like to thank i mom for the help they provided in the life saving of my dog heidi

So happy IMOM was able to help out and that Heidi was saved and now is back at home with her family as it should be. :)

Judy G.

heidi and i can not thank everyone enough for the support and donations we received from everyone.she is going in in a couple days to get her stitches removed.coming back to life and getting very active.