Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sheila AK

Mister Hinovic - Cat with Diabetes

534 posts in this topic

Thank you so much Judy! This week had been a good one up until today. This evening a pit bull attacked Mister and they got into a scuffle. I stepped into protect mister and hid him away so that the dog could no longer attack him. The dog then attacked me and I was able to get him off and not pursue Mister any longer. I now can't find mister and I know he is hurt. Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts that he returns soon and is not too badly hurt. I am very worried and hope he returns soon!

oh my gosh...please post as soon as you find him and sending prayers that he is not too severely hurt...IF he is hurt he may be hiding very close to the house.....call his name and see if you hear him meowing.....Do you know the owners of the pit bull?

Checking in too see how Mister is doing....I hope you have found him and he is ok. We're worried about him.

I hope you are ok as well. Did you find the owners or was the dog loose?

Gab, Dove, Chloe, Angels Layla & Nefertiti

When is Mister due for his insulin? The shock may affect his reaction as well, and he may not do what you would normally expect. I hope you were not injured badly.

Edited by CatPaws

Oh, no. Please know we are all worrying abt Mister, and also u--did u get medical help?

Praying Mister finds his way back to u--hopefully he already is with u.

Hello everyone. Mister finally came home today. He's had a rough night and it has been thunder storming all night and day. I believe he has an injured leg and a lot of scratches. I am taking him to the hospital tomorrow to get checked out. He has his insulin so I have given him that and am allowing him to rest. The pit bull is a neighbor that I am not on good terms with and have reported the whole situation. I went to the hospital and got checked out. I've been given antibiotics and have a few injuries, but I should be fine. I just hope mister will be okay and is not in too much pain.

I'm so glad he's home and that you're OK. I hope Mister checks out OK in the a.m.

so relieved Mister is back. I hope u are doing better and Mister has no lasting damge.

I am so glad to read he is home...hope all goes well at the vets in the am. Glad to hear you got checked out as well.

Hopefully you both get some rest tonight. :)

I'm relieved that you found Mister. Please let us know how he is after getting checked out today. Make sure to take care of yourself as well.

First place I came this morning was here to see if Mister had gotten home.....

Will be checking in to see how things went at the vets...and I'm so glad that you got checked on also.....

This is such a tough situation when it involves a neighbor...good thing you did report it though...it doesn't hurt to have things documented.....

Hoping that the vet check works out well.....poor Mister....poor you.....

I know it's hard to do but perhaps Mister will need a break from the outside for a bit, at least while he is recuperating. It sounds as if you were outside with him as it was.....oh my.....I tried to put one of my cats on a leash and collar once, that was over 20 yrs. ago and I can still remember the disaster that was.....

I am so, so sorry to read about you and Mister! I hope that you are recovering well and are not too, badly injured! Please, please let us know how you and Mister are doing! What a mean dog!! As Judy said, I think it would be best to let Mister stay inside at least until he heals more. I hope he will stay in the yard from now on, but it sounds like the dog came into your yard and attacked both of you.

Do take care and know that we are thinking of you and hoping for a swift and easy recovery for both you and Mister.

Sheila :catonchair

Thank you so much to everyone for your kind words. Mister was taken to the vet and luckily he has no broken bones or major injuries. Just a few scratches. I did find out that he has arthritis, which breaks my heart to hear already knowing he has to deal with diabetes. I am making sure he stays inside for a while and rests. I will definitely have to watch over him better because of this situation because I never know if the neighbors dogs will have a leash on or not! I am doing a little better, I am just glad Mister had no major injuries! We will definitely be resting up and getting better. Thank you to everyone!

I am so happy that Mister was lucky to not be severely hurt...and that you are doing better also.....

That is SO SCARY...you had not control over the situation and that's the part that is so hard to deal with.....

I do hope that you two just stay inside...rest together and mend.....no matter how careful you are you don't know what's around the corner.....

How old is Mister? Did the vet say there was anything to do for his arthritis? I don't know what you can do for cats.....I'd be interested to know...

Two of our kitties lived to a ripe old age...one 23 and on 25.....they were amazing kitties...one a female and one a male...

Thank you for letting us know that you and Mister are on the mend! I am so glad that he did not have any serious injuries. It is sad to hear that he has arthritis. As Judy says, I'm curious if the vet gave you any indication of a course of treatment for him. Have you considered keeping him inside all the time? It seems like that might be the best course of action for him considering your neighbor's dog and now his arthritis.

Take good care of yourself and Mister and thanks for letting us know that you both are okay.

Sheila :catonchair

Yes the situation was very scary, but I am just glad that we weren't hurt worse! I think we got lucky. Mister is only 1, so a little on the younger side. He doesn't seem to have the urge to go outside anymore unless I am going with him. He will go on the balcony, but going by himself seems to scare him and I understand why. I don't plan on letting him out by himself for a while in fear it'll happen again. He is doing a bit better, but still seems to be a little sore. He is not walking as well as before nor running at all. I just hope he can recover quickly and be good as new again!

I am glad to read that you both are recovering...you're right, that was very scarey...for you both!!

I didn't know that Mister was only 1 yr old...I don't know why, I thought he was older...he's still a baby.....

It's going to take awhile for him to get over things...I don't know if they really forget scarey things like that, do you? He also knows that you will take care of him......

Both of you take it easy.....

Yes it was very scary! Having no control of a situation can be frightening. And my apologies, I meant 11 years old! If only he was a little baby again, haha. But, mister has been recovering slightly. I only allow him to be outside if I am walking along with him to keep an eye out. He tends to want to run away and be free, but I worry of a repeat situation happening, so for his best interest I am letting him take a break from the deep outdoors where he likes to be. We're taking it a little bit at a time!

So glad to hear that Mister is recovering, even if it is taking longer than we would like. I hope you are recovering as well. Yes, I'm sure that Mister would like to be outside, but if you keep him inside, he will get used to the indoors faster than you might think. Cats are very adaptable and he will get used to being inside.

Take care and we always love to read about how you and Mister are doing.

Sheila :tuckie2:

Yes I think he will start getting used to the inside sooner than I think! He still is a little scared when he's outside, he seems to be on the alert and looking around constantly. Yesterday we were outside for a good hour walking around together which definitely was nice for the both of us. I

Hope that he will get used to the Inside more because I fear for him being outside alone again. Lets just hope we don't have any repeat incidents. I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Hello everyone! This week has been a beautiful week and mister is definitely taking advantage of it. I was able to let him roam around this grass fenced area where no dogs can really get through so that he could chew on the grass and hunt. He loves to do that, like most cats haha. We mostly go out together, but it was something he wanted to do and I knew it was safe. This next week is supposed to be even beautiful and I am definitely going to take advantage of it and spend it outside with Mister. I know it's something we both love doing.