Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sheila AK

Mister Hinovic - Cat with Diabetes

534 posts in this topic

Glad 4 Misters friends

As long as the outsider is fixed it should be ok, be careful if he is not and let me know if u need me to send suggestions ur way,,,,,

th_cat.gif th_cat.gif th_cat.gif

:blcat_sm: :blcat_sm: Oh shoot,

I started to get on this site back in February 2013 but never figured out this site as I was so knee deep in trying to find a cure for my own cat name Dude (do de) for short who by the way was diagnose with Type 2 Diabetes back in December 11, 2012. You would think I would have done something back then but I didn't and now that I have knowledge what this site is its way TOO LATE. As it states chronic ongoing illnesses board is CLOSED.

Dude glucose is in the high 300's to 400's and it seems it never drops and I've given up. This Monday he goes in for a Fruitosamine test (spelling) which is to do with the blood and I stated check his urine.

What I want to say to you is try Walmart Pharmacy syringes are like $12 or $13.00 for a box of 100. Much better than at the vet or online pharmacy for $35.00. Insulin is also way cheaper at Walmart as well $25.00 I have learned the hard way but Dude is now trying NPH compare to his former Pro Zinc of $108.00 I had to do major shopping when it came to vets and my vet was $137.87 for a tiny vial bottle that last oh abouta month and half. It just depends on the units intake and how many times per day. Dude is a lot like your kitty he spreads his wings when it comes to his litter box.

I can not even begin to buy my own medication or put the food in the cupboards for me like I did last summer. No way possible. Dude is on DM moist can food $1.89 and Fancy Feast .59 cents (classic) Petsmart Perk Card it drops to .56 cents. The litter socks me in the pocket book along with vet bills still hanging deep on a credit card but now no credit card. And I can not ask IMOM for help so I don't even begin to put a profile up about my cat name Dude.

But please pass this information on to other people that are already on board about Walmart and shop around for cheaper vets as they are out there. You might travel 30 miles but just take a ice pack and a container with you so you can put the insulin is a chilled bag.

Kat and my cat name Dude :catwatching::magicmoon: Dude is black and white or white and black and his backside marking is a sign of a umbrella in white fur.post-13039-0-37300500-1370140284_thumb.j

hello all! Mister continues to do well each day. The grass bushes was recently cut around my apartment which made Mister very sad :( He loved to play around and hide in them during the day. Though, it sure was a pain for me when it came for me trying to find him every night... he just blended in too well! I guess now he is just going to have to find another area to hide in!

I started to get on this site back in February 2013 but never figured out this site as I was so knee deep in trying to find a cure for my own cat name Dude (do de) for short who by the way was diagnose with Type 2 Diabetes back in December 11, 2012. You would think I would have done something back then but I didn't and now that I have knowledge what this site is its way TOO LATE. As it states chronic ongoing illnesses board is CLOSED.

Dude glucose is in the high 300's to 400's and it seems it never drops and I've given up. This Monday he goes in for a Fruitosamine test (spelling) which is to do with the blood and I stated check his urine.

What I want to say to you is try Walmart Pharmacy syringes are like $12 or $13.00 for a box of 100. Much better than at the vet or online pharmacy for $35.00. Insulin is also way cheaper at Walmart as well $25.00 I have learned the hard way but Dude is now trying NPH compare to his former Pro Zinc of $108.00 I had to do major shopping when it came to vets and my vet was $137.87 for a tiny vial bottle that last oh abouta month and half. It just depends on the units intake and how many times per day. Dude is a lot like your kitty he spreads his wings when it comes to his litter box.

I can not even begin to buy my own medication or put the food in the cupboards for me like I did last summer. No way possible. Dude is on DM moist can food $1.89 and Fancy Feast .59 cents (classic) Petsmart Perk Card it drops to .56 cents. The litter socks me in the pocket book along with vet bills still hanging deep on a credit card but now no credit card. And I can not ask IMOM for help so I don't even begin to put a profile up about my cat name Dude.

But please pass this information on to other people that are already on board about Walmart and shop around for cheaper vets as they are out there. You might travel 30 miles but just take a ice pack and a container with you so you can put the insulin is a chilled bag.

Kat and my cat name Dude :catwatching::magicmoon: Dude is black and white or white and black and his backside marking is a sign of a umbrella in white fur.post-13039-0-37300500-1370140284_thumb.j

wow thanks for telling me about that! I will definitely have to check that out and see if thats even possible to be purchased here. It is crazy how much they charge for these things. I wish they could make them cheaper. You should definitely ask for help imom, they are so helpful with everything and can really help on those bills of yours.

Wish you all the best,

Mensura and Mister

Hello everyone! Mister has been doing good. He seems to be very antsy and doesn't want to be inside. He seems to just want to be outside all the time but I don't blame him! Although it has been raining lately so he is probably upset about that :( hopefully good weather will come for his sake!

So glad Mister is doing well. We've been dealing with lots of rain in Ohio too, and storms. I must say my 2 puppers aren't liking the rain any more then Mister does!!

hugs to Mister.

So glad Mister is doing well. We've been dealing with lots of rain in Ohio too, and storms. I must say my 2 puppers aren't liking the rain any more then Mister does!!

hugs to Mister.

lets hope the rain can let up long enough for us to actually have some sunshine! Hope your pups are doing well!

Hello everyone! The rain is somewhat starting to let up here and hopefully will bring lots of sunshine for a while! Mister seems to be very thirsty and a lot more hungry these past couple days and I dont know if its the heat or not, but hopefully its not affecting him too much. He went outside yesterday since we had a lovely day after a bunch of rainy ones, and he didnt come home in time for his insulin shot. Hopefully he doesnt do that again!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday! Today Mister and I went for a walk and he loved it! He

Just loves to spend time with me and be outside. That's why I love him! He's definitely been enjoying his time outside this week!

Happy Sunday! Its been raining all week here and it has just been awful! I am hoping to get some sunshine sometime soon! Because of the rain, Mister and I have been spending quality time indoors cuddling together by the TV. I guess thats the best thing to do when it wont stop raining! Hopefully the 4th of July will bring us good weather that we can enjoy together! Other than that, Mister has been doing great, just a little antsy, but I'm sure some sunshine will cheer him up!

Just came back from taking a nice walk. Despite the incredible amounts of rain we had a week ago, and now the incredible temperatures, I'm with Mister.... it sure is nice to get outside. Hope your 4th of July holiday was enjoyable.

We finally have received nice weather after all that rain! Mother nature definitely blessed us with some sun, and lots of it! It was a hot fourth of July weekend here and maybe just a little too hot for our liking. Mister hates it when it gets too hot, so he enjoys laying on the kitchen ground because its much cooler than the carpet. On days like this he definitely doesnt have the energy to go outside, which is nice so he can stay with me! He seems to be drinking a lot more water, but with the high 90's heat, arent we all trying to stay hydrated?! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

Here we are another week later and a great one at that! Mister definitely enjoyed the weather this week because It was very cloudy and cool! He had the time of his life runnin through the bushes and chewing on the grass. He loves to do that! He seems to be doing well, still eating a lot and drinking lots of water. Hopefully he will learn to eat a little less. This next week seems to be a hot one so lets up he can still get some fun time even with the heat!

So glad to hear that Mister is doing well! This heat has been just the worst! so glad the big guy got to enjoy some of the weather outside. So glad to hear that he's eating and enjoying his life! Keep up the good work!

Sheila :catonchair

Tell me about it! The heat has just been so terrible! We've hit record highs here, all being high 90's this week, and mister did not like that weather at all! But this week is supposed to cool down a bit so lets hope that it'll be better for him! He's been eating consistenly, maybe a little more than he should, but I'm trying to get him to cut down on That! I love him so much, I wish he didn't have to suffer through his diabetes.

I wish he didn't have the diabetes either. I have a friend whose cat has diabetes and Cooper is a good boy about it. But my friend worries when he doesn't eat enough. It is a constant struggle and the supplies are so expensive! But you're doing a good job with your boy, Mister! Tell him to "keep cool" and soon it will be Fall before he knows it! Take care!

It's sad and yes they're crazy expensive! I don't understand! But I've tried mister on a new food and he's responding well again! I just want to make him happy. He now won't go outside with me. He loves for me to to sit in the grass with him. It makes me happy (:

Mister sounds like he's a very good boy and enjoying his summer! At least it is now cool enough to enjoy, I think. My male cat won't let anyone brush him, so he got all matted. We had to have him all shaved into a "lion" cut. He looks kind of cute with it. He must be much cooler without all that fur!

Take care of yourself and Mister and I'm glad he likes his new food. I think it's very sweet that he likes you to sit in the grass with him -- maybe he's waiting for you to make a picnic!

Yes mister is always such a good boy for me! And yes, the weather seems to be cooling down a lot here unfortunately, but I think mister seems very happy that its doing so! Wow that must be so cute on a cat! What exactly is a lion cut though?

I will take care of myself and Mister and wish you the best as well! I might have to think about the picnic idea, I think he would love it! His food I bought is a little pricy, but I think he's really getting good health benefits out of it and also enjoys it, so that's what is important! Hope everyone's doing well!

A picnic sure sounds like a good idea!! Ya gotta take pics though!

Hugs to Mister!

This week was a fun with for Mister! His friend Smokey came and visited him with us, while my niece was out of town. Although I like to say they are friends, Mister definitely likes to establish is own territory and independence, but I'm sure every cat is like that! They got along very well though and slept together and stole each others food. It was very cute to watch. But now Smokey has left and Mister is a little sad, but hopefully some nice weather this week will cheer him up!

Where did Smokey go?????

Glad to see u guys r happy and doing well

Keep up the fun stories, I love to read ur stories,,,,,,

:bravo:

Smokey went back to my niece after she got back from vacation! Mister has been enjoying playing with his toy mouse and just loves it so much. He also enjoys spending his time outside since the weather has been quite fair recently! Although, I think he enjoys spending his time most when he is with me, which makes me very happy because I enjoy our time together greatly(: Earlier we were sitting outside, which he was enjoying watching 3 birds, he sure is a funny one!

I loved your story about Mister and Smokey. I bet it's fun to have visitors...

I love to read about you and Mister...you are just perfect for each other.....

Thank you so much, we both appreciate it dearly! (: and yes he definitely enjoyed it! I know he loves the company! Today mister spent most of his day hiding underneath a tree to keep cool from the hot day we had today! He did go hunting for a bit, but he was unsuccessful (thank goodness) and we ended the night together with him playing with his fake mouse instead!