Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sheila AK

Mister Hinovic - Cat with Diabetes

534 posts in this topic

This week Mister has a friend staying with him.Luckily the two cats get along well! But mister always makes sure to show he is independent and is the king of the household! haha! he is doing very well and enjoying having a friend to play with.

There is not much that new with Mister this week. It seems he is getting antsy with this cold weather, I think he wants spring as bad as I do! He likes to eat a lot though even though it isn't good for him, he then goes outs and hunts! Another mouse this week! He is such a sweetie though and he run so well when we wants something, haha!

How did Mister do with his friend? If they got along, I'll bet they had a good time! He probably enjoyed having someone to play with!

How did Mister do with his friend? If they got along, I'll bet they had a good time! He probably enjoyed having someone to play with!

I did very well! Unfortunately his friend left :( but during the time he was here they got along very well and tended to lay next to each other often! (:

Today Mister had a fun time going outside and chewing and laying in the grass. He loves doing that especially in the spring! Luckily it was warmer today and he was definitely enjoying it! Unfortunately he brought home another mouse yesterday! I've been trying to tell him not to do it anymore because I feel so bad for the mouse! Lets see if he listens....

Hello all! Mister has been doing well lately! Today he spent all day napping. I think it was because of the rain we've had all day. He was being lazy just like most of us are on rainy days!

Hope Mister has enjoyed the sunny days we've had the past couple of days! We're expecting some rain tomorrow, but it has been real pretty, even if it has been cold! Tell Mister to leave the mice alone, and to be a good boy and just eat his cat food! Ha, ha!

Sheila :catonchair

Hope Mister has enjoyed the sunny days we've had the past couple of days! We're expecting some rain tomorrow, but it has been real pretty, even if it has been cold! Tell Mister to leave the mice alone, and to be a good boy and just eat his cat food! Ha, ha!

haha I keep telling him that but he doesn't listen! I'm sure with the warmer weather coming its going to get worse too... haha!

Yesterday it was quite chilly and Mister basically napped all day long, but luckily today was beautiful! Mister enjoyed being outside all day long and was probably hunting for mice like usual... Ha Ha! Once he came back in all he wanted was too be brushed and wouldn't let me stop! He definitely has a lot of hair I tell ya!

Wish we could get some of ur chill. Very humid and hot here. Glad to hear u 2 r doing well. Stop by our post sometime.

How to Instructions (incase);

Clik FORUM"S (top of page), Go to Pets with Chronic Needs and click it, then u can find all of us chronic folk friends. Click on our last page # and post away.

Keep posting we love hearing from u,,,,,,,,

Hello all! Looks like spring is finally coming for us here! Mister has been outside everyday this week and has definitely been enjoying this weather. He is very happy because he can go outside where the sun is out. We like to play a game where I chase him and he runs, he is too cute (: Unfortunately I don't think he is too excited about going to the vet, he has always been a little nervous for that, poor mister :( otherwise he has been doing good!

My kitties don't like going to the vet very much either. I have one who cries and "yells" in the car all the way to the vet's office, but once we get there, she is the perfect little angel and is very good, even when the doctor has to examine her. The other one is a sweetheart in the car, but when they open up his carrying case, they have to use gloves and a blanket to try to get an exam done! I wish Mister all good luck at his visit to the doctor!

No one I know likes to go to the Dr, including humans. I say the Mister is way so smart. Hope all continues to go well. We love u.

Glad to know Mister isn't the only one who doesn't like the doctors! Unfortunately his appointment was post poned until tomorrow so lets see how he holds up! Mister has been having a good week, but a lazy Sunday today! He seems to just be sleeping all day and not wanting to do anything. Cat life must be nice! (:

Mister finally went to the vet this past week! Of course he was very fussy, he was angry and did not like being there when he was. But as soon as it was all done, he jumped into his box and was ready to go home! He made all the vets laugh! I am just glad that it is over for him now and I am sure he is too!

What a beautiful week we've been having over here and Mister sure is enjoying it! He loves to lay out right where the sun is and roll around so it shines on his belly. I started him on some new cat food and he doesn't seem to be responding to it well. I am not sure if it is because he doesn't like it or because he has been hunting too many mice... mhmm, I'm going to go with the mice!

Hey u. I am so glad the Mister is chillin' and doing well.

Hope u r fine as well.

I hope he turns out to like that new food. They do tell to gradually change them over from the old to the new. Sometimes though the vet will ask u to go full force cause the old stuff was doing some damage. So I do not know the situation so can not suggest the gradual decision. If the vet forgot to tell ya, just ask them.

Sending u lots of happiness wishes.

I hope Mister is adjusting to his new food. It is difficult sometimes to change them over. I recently had to change my cats' food as well. It was an adjustment. I hope Mister isn't eating too many mice! You never know what the mice have been eating! Yuck! But happy his visit to the vet was a success.

Edited by Sheila IMOM

Hey u. I am so glad the Mister is chillin' and doing well.

Hope u r fine as well.

I hope he turns out to like that new food. They do tell to gradually change them over from the old to the new. Sometimes though the vet will ask u to go full force cause the old stuff was doing some damage. So I do not know the situation so can not suggest the gradual decision. If the vet forgot to tell ya, just ask them.

Sending u lots of happiness wishes.

I didn't know that! thank you for letting me know! Luckily he did respond well and is enjoying it.

Best wishes!

Hello! Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather like we are! Misters switch to a different type of food has been successful and I am thankful for it. It seems he enjoys it but is also tending to eat less which is a good thing for him! (: He has been enjoying going outside and playing with me, he loves summer for sure!

I just wanted to say thank you IMOM and everyone for all your warm wishes and support, I really appreciate it! (:

Glad to hear that Mister was good for his "Mama" on Mother's Day! It was a nice day to be out and I'm glad he is enjoying the nice weather! So happy that he's enjoying his new food, it is important that he not be overweight! Maybe he should lighten-up on the mice! LOL My Graycee has been feeling better and she's been taking her medicine like a very good girl.

Well, u r gonna laugh at this; We r under a cold spell for 2 days. Highs 80's lows High 70's. Now u know that is not a cold spell, meaning we folks down yonder in South Florida r gonna bake on super high for the next 5 months, September being the worse.

Hope the gradually introducing of the food theory worked for the Mr. I am so glad he is doing well. I hope u r also.

I found this 4 u. The site is very interesting for other things as well. I hope it helps;

http://www.purina.co...lthy-transition

http://www.purina.com/cats/diet-nutrition/choosing-the-right-cat-food#special-needs

Edited by SWIRLIE AND MAXWELL JR.

Oh he was very good for his mama on mothers day! Such a sweet boy! And wow wish we would have more days like that sooner up north! Lucky you!

Mister has been doing well and still enjoying his food! He has been eating less and I am hoping he will lose some weight soon. Recently I have seen he has been going after birds... again with the animals! ha ha! Hopefully he listens and doesn't go after them and just plays with the other outside cats!

One Day At A Time,,,,,,,, we love u,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (Mister looks like Max)

They do look alike! How lovely (:

Mister has been doing well! He has his friend Smokey staying with him again and they've been getting along well! Although they sleep most of the time so not much time for play! Mister has found an enemy outside, another cat. Hope they don't get into too much trouble, wouldn't want that to happen, but you never know with cats...