Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sheila AK

Mister Hinovic - Cat with Diabetes

534 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Diabetes

Amount needed per month: $125.00

Mister needs an additional $50 per month

Neutered: Yes

Case worker: Cindy W

Mister is a ten-year-old male cat who was diagnosed with diabetes in 2009. His owner lives on Social Security and now finds herself in need of assistance with the costs of Mister's syringes, insulin and his twice yearly vet visits. The cost for his sponsorship is $75.00 a month.

This is what Mister's owner has to say about him: "I couldn't imagine being without him and his love. Please help me out for Mister's sake, thank you."

cleardot.gif

Please help him if you can. Donations can be made at http://www.imom.org/donation/. No amount is too small. One-time donations are always welcome as well as signing up to sponsor Mister for any portion of his monthly needs. Please indicate DPF – "Mister Hinovic" on any donations. You may also make your donation using PayPal by going to PayPal@imom.org and indicate that your donation is for "Mister Hinovic".

Also please consider a token donation to our Operating Fund so we can continue to fund our website and administrative expenses.

Thank you.

WELCOME TO IMOM!! I hope your Mom lets us know more about you ...and you have found the right place for understanding and kind hearted people.

Pls angels ....help with Mister's funding ...his Mom is on a limited income and needs our help.!

P.S. ...Just as an intro: I'm Susan, was a PIN Parent for ZOOM Manly ...who was a diabetic poodle (We are now in Loving Memory Section). But IMOM gave me many more precious years with my baby than I would have had without their angels help. I know how stressful this can be ....hang in there...people here really care. Altho, I lost my precious Zoom a few years ago , I still am in touch here with many people new and old. I'm sure you will find the same tender hearts. It's also a good place to share if you are concerned with some of his health problems from the diabetes as many have solutions, or recommendations of their own you can try that might be helpful when you don't know what else to do.

Anyway, good luck ...and welcome to you and Mister.

:hugs:

Susan, MisChief,

& My Angel PIN ZOOM

Welcome 'neighbor'!

My 2 little mini schnauzers are also in this forum (they have severe epilepsy). I can tell u that the people here are amazing and so loving. You will have support from other PIN parents (past and present-like dear Susan), donors, sponsors and people who can't donate, but love animals. Many folks stay behind the scenes and never post, but do donate when they are able.

Please tell us more abt Mister-u need to post as often as possible and allow the angels to read abt Mister and let him wiggle into their hearts- so they will want to become one of the sponsors for Mister.

Hang in there.

Cindy, Tuck and Justice

P.S. great job Sheila!

Edited by k9sign

MORE ABOUT MISTER!

Mister was a sweet 8 week old kitten when I first saw him. One day when I was visiting my neighbor I noticed that he was so sweet and wanted to play games with me all day. The owner of the kitten had given Mister his name, which I liked because it was easy to say. Although she pushed me to take him in, I was very hesitant because I didn’t have much money, but I gave in and decided to take him. I took him as my own and had to get all his vaccinations done and get him neutered.

Mister loves to play and when I hide he will come and run looking for me. Mister is a cat that goes outdoors during the day and definitely loves to hunt. Several times he has brought me animals and left them for me alive, but I would feel so terrible that I would take them to the Veterinary hospital to have them be taken care of. I know though that he does it out of love and appreciation and I cannot deny that. Mister likes to be very independent and always sleeps in his own place. He likes to sleep on the floor because it’s nice and cool and no one is nearby. When I sit down to eat, he always comes up to me and touches his paw to my leg, indicating that he wants to eat too. He is a very smart cat because he knows when his insulin shots have to be taken. Since he takes them at 5am and 5pm, sometimes I don’t wake up in time and he will come by my bed and touch his paw to my face to wake me up. He also comes back from being outdoors before 5pm because he knows it’s time for his shot.

Sometimes when I watch TV and start crying because of the animal abuse or starving children commercials, Mister will come up and comfort me and make me feel better. Mister is loving, but he knows which people to be nice to and not to be nice too. He really loves my sister and my niece. When I don’t hear the door, he will look at me and show me to the door because he knows someone’s there, he is very smart. Although he is scared to be home alone sometimes, when I come home he gets so happy and can’t wait to play and be with me. Mister is my best friend and I love him so much.

Hello! We hope you get the sponsorship soon, this is a wonderful place! They saved our boy Reece, and we have made some special friends here too!

It's no secret that I have a special place in my heart for diabetic kitties. Had it not been for my diabetic kitty, Magic, there would be no IMOM. Please consider sponsoring Mister for any part of the $75 he needs.

If you can sponsor Mister for any of the $75 needed per month, click here

To make a one-time donation, click here.

I know My Magic Cat would appreciate your help and so would Mister! :magicmoon:

Hi everyone please help if u can and pass on the most needed news !!!

:pp_animal_362:

:bird: :bird: :bird:

:animcnda_lg:

I want to share pics of Max cause he looks like Mister; What do u think? My Swirlie is diabetic so if ever u need help with diabetes questions, please ask.

Edited by swirlie

Hello All! Thank you for your kind words! Today Mister and I spent most of the day inside, enjoying our Sunday. Although, Mister wants so very badly to go outside and roam around, but being that there is a lot of snow, he can't do so, so he just stays inside with me. This is nice for me because we can spend time together. Sometimes I will open the balcony so he can get some fresh air outside, and then he comes back inside and likes to snuggle up against my feet and just relax with me. I love when he does this because I think its a way of him saying he loves me and he knows that I love him!

Mister will be needing his insulin and syringes next week. He also has a vet visit coming up in February. It would be so nice to know that Mister has his sponsors all in place before he needs his supplies, or certainly before his next vet visit. Any portion of his sponsorship is appreciated. If you can sponsor Mister for any of the $75 needed per month, go to http://www.imom.org/donation/. You can also make a one-time donation at PayPal@imom.org. Please mark your donations for "Mister Hinovic". Thank you so much.

Sheila :catonchair

Edited by Sheila IMOM

I am so happy that Mister is fully sponsored--thank u angels for helping this sweet kitty.

Thank you all for the support! I am so glad he is fully sponsored. It truly is wonderful to hear that! If Mister could speak I am sure he would say Thank You! (:

Well Mister has been happier now that the weather has been a bit warmer these past couple days! He can finally go outside and he really enjoys it. Last night Mister woke me up at 3 in the morning because I think he wanted to play, but he got his fun time in today after I was able to sleep! Then he himself took a little nap today. Thank you all again so much!

:hugs:

Glad ur baby is fully funded, Yeehaaaa

:pp_animal_362:

Hello everyone! Today mister woke me up at 4 am. He's so silly. I thought maybe he woke up because the neighbors were being loud. I went back to bed and He woke me up again at 5 am just in time for his shot, he is very smart about that. Yesterday, mister went outside and hunted. He brought back a mouse and dropped it inside my house on the floor and I didn't even notice. It was very gross but I went and buried it in the snow when he didn't notice. Even though it is gross, I know it's his appreciation for me. He is too cute!

I am happy to see that IMOM is able to help some sponsored cases again. Mister is a lucky kitty to have found you and IMOM. I look foward to following the stories about Mister

Kathy

Hi there again,,,,,, :minichien6: ''';;;;Glad Mr is dandy and send u wishes that; that is the way it continues, we love u,,,,,,, :EMOTITWOCATS:Max, Swirlie & Bibi,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :butterfly: :butterfly: :heart:

I am so lucky that he was able to be sponsored too. Thank you all for your kind words!

Today, Mister and I went outside as I took the trash out. He just followed me to and from the house. Afterwards as I ate lunch, Mister would just come up to me and put his paw on my leg and beg for food. He always wants some food, haha! But, I just gave him some food of his own and he is now sleeping with a full tummy and a smile on his face! (:

Aw he sounds so cute! I must say though that I am glad my 2 puppers don't drop mice in the house! LOL.

hugs.

Aw he sounds so cute! I must say though that I am glad my 2 puppers don't drop mice in the house! LOL.

hugs.

You're lucky they don't! Its not always a pleasant site, LOL

Hello everyone! Mister is doing well and just recently had a favorite food of his, turkey and tuna! I've been constantly woken up my Mister recently at 4 so that he can go to the bathroom outside because he dislikes his litter box, but I've been teaching him to stay instead because its too dark and cold! lol. He was happy because the snow had melted away and could go outside and eat the grass, which he loves doing, but now the snow is back :( what a shame! Hope everyone is doing well! Thanks for the support!

Glad you and Mister are doing well ....sending hugs and bellyrubs....and good thoughts.

Susan, MisChief

& Angel PIN ZOOM

MAY UR DAYS BE BLESSED

LET US KNOW WHAT HOW U ALL R DOING

Daisyback-225x288.jpg

Hello all!

Mister is doing well! He always seems to be wanting some type of food or to be hunting for food, he just doesn't stop, haha! He is excited that the weather is getting better! One of his favorite things is just to go outside and play with me, I can tell he can't wait for spring (: but, I think everyone is awaiting its approach as well (: