Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
CatPaws

Skeeter Magoo

52 posts in this topic

Hope ur having a great weekend. Every day is a good day for me when I wake and see my boyz. They r my sunshine. We luv u,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

There was something special about Skeeter. Hard to believe Monday would have been 13 years since her GOTCHA day. I never would have imagined she would be the one to get taken down by the big C... too strong of a tiger for that.

And for her gotcha day, she sent a stray into my horizon. Looks like I'll be spending Skeeter's Gotcha Day at the vet.

If anybody knows of someone in Central Jersey missing an all gray long haired male, let them know he's hanging with The Pride and friends.

Has Skeeters kitty joined The Pride? What a wonderful gift Skeeter gave u.

Skeeter I knew u were special!

hugs

Has Skeeters kitty joined The Pride? What a wonderful gift Skeeter gave u.

Skeeter I knew u were special!

hugs

Hi Cindy, The rescue and care of, Alex (that's what we have named him) is a team effort. My condo is too small, and Alex is happier, and settled in, where he first showed up as a stray. Unlike a condo, my friend owns the property and has great safe places on the grounds. Alex has made no attempt to leave and has become quite attached to his foster mom.

The great news is- he's male and neutered and gets along with the others who have found their way there (there are 4 now). If you look up "nebelung", I'd place my bet that is the breed of cat that Alex is.

Gorgeous, especially after he gets his daily brushing. His facial shape was very unique which sent me researching.

All signs are good. Now that he's getting regular food, water, and TLC, his coat is getting some luster back, and he's filling in the spaces that looked a little too boney.

Someone loved this cat at sometime in the past. How he lost them or how they lost him is unknown. But, he's found a new home now, unless they find him and he wants to go back to his old home.

Edited by CatPaws

Please pour your kindness into the world, and make your memories good ones.

Missing my Skeeter today, and her Uncle George too. This is the anniversary of the day we lost him.

Shine on my loves, and Easy Does It.

Skeeter, u were (and still are) well loved. Watch over ur mama becuz she is one special lady. She is missing u and ur Uncle George, and always AJ.

Hugs.

Hugs Paula ---for memories of Uncle George & Skeeter too! ...Hope you are doing well my friend.

Susan, MisChief

& Angel Pin ZOOM

Just for Today... I wish cancer would just go away! Stormie, my first Pride member, has an egg size growth in her stomach. I had her in to the vet for weight loss and what I thought might be hyperthyroid. Never expected we'd find this monster.

So sorry, Paula. I know how you feel. My dog Poco went in to have his teeth cleaned and they found elevated liver enzymes which turned out to be liver cancer, and he was gone in 3 months. Not 2 months later, Duncan went in to see if he might have hurt his back or hips, and they sent blood-liver enzymes elevated, and of course, as you know, he has a hemangiosarcoma of the liver. Not what I expected either time. :(

If you need support or advice, I have found the Pet Cancer Support group on Facebook to be wonderful. Mostly dogs, but we have cats there, too. :)

I agree with your "Just for Today", but I wish it for every day.

Judy G.

Oh Paula, am so sorry for this news on Stormie ...I don't know what to say, sending many hugs and caring thoughts your way. Am here if I can be of any help my friend.

Susan, MisChief

& Angel ZOOM

Oh, no. no. I can't believe this. What is happening to so many kids? Oh, I so wish cancer would go away too.

How old is Stormie? Is surgery an option?

Now don't u worry abt coming to the boyz thread every day and posting--I know u love the boyz and will be thinking of them. "Just for today"...u need to think about urself.

much love and hugs.

:catwatching: Thank you, all, for the love and support.

Just .... I bet you were expecting ... for today.

Just... spoke with Dr. Chet and the blood work actually looks good for Stormie. No anemia, and levels of important enzymes are optimistic. We're going in to get that monster out. "Just for Today" optimism prevails.

Edited by CatPaws

You keep up the positive thoughts, and so will we. Please let us know when the surgery will be next week.

The power of the aunties and angels and the whole IMOM family will be with u both (and Judy G and Duncan!).

it's going to be a Stormin' the heavens kind of week!

hugs!

Sounds promising for Stormie. :) Sending prayers and positive thoughts for success in removing the monster.

Judy G.

So glad to hear about the bloodwork...what a relief that must be. I will be praying for a successful surgery with a complete removal of the "monster".

Just for today, I hope you and Stormie can forget about everything and spend the day enjoying each other's company.

Love,

Dove, Angel Layla, Angel Nefertiti and of course, Gab

Paula,

Sending along my prayers and best wishes for a successful surgery for Stormie. Duncan's surgery is Thursday, and I see Justice is having surgery Friday. We are all in for a stressful few days! I'll be thinking about Stormie and you tomorrow. :)

Judy G.

Edited by Judy G

We'll be 'stormin' the heavens tmw that Stormie has a successful surgery, and u get nothing but good news.

I am holding u both in my heart...

Just for today I will forget the sorrow the date of September 11th brought close to home, once more, last year when I had to let my Skeeter girl go, and remember instead the joys of September and the births of some very good people who have touched my life in many ways.

She will always be my Pride and Joy, and Cancer will never, never change that.

Shine on, my love, and tell Stormie, AJ, Autumn and Duke that I love them too! :wub:

That's it, focus on the joy...and the love...that's what gets us all through!

Hope life is being kinder ...and your heart is healing my friend.

My little demon kitty- my sweetest angel. Missing you today as I hang your stocking for Santa. You always knew yours from all the others. Merry Christmas, Skeeter!

Ms. Skeeter always have a favorite canned food. Since she's been gone, I haven't been able to bring myself to buy that kind for the others. Yesterday, I tried again. Still cannot do it.

There will always be things that remind us of our special friends. And I could feel Skeeter sitting on the top shelf at the store telling me the others were not to have her special treat.

Remembering Skeeter today. Keep special watch over ur mama. She is very special to many of us.

hugs.