Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
CatPaws

Skeeter Magoo

52 posts in this topic

Skeeter has joined AJ today & told me she'd take over storming heaven.

All she needs is a little room on the cloud to call her own.

My arms are missing my baby girl, and my heart is in a million pieces.

Oh, no. NO! Oh, Paula, I am so sorry. It sounds like Skeeter has decided that she can watch over lots of other sick kids now, and be with AJ.

I know u are brand new on ur cloud Skeeter...but could u and AJ please watch over Pat's Joey and Sunny? You will find a pupper up there too named Tucker whose mom is also Pat and he is new to The Bridge too by a couple weeks. Now 2 of his sibs, Joey and Sunny desperately need watched over.

Paula, my heart just aches for u. Tears are flowing -I know ur heart is broken, as are the hearts of so many of us who have come to love Skeeter too.

I am trying to remember, but I think a friend of urs who worked for PBS lost his battle with an illness (he also had AIP like me) a few years back and he named Skeeter-do I have that right? Well no matter...I know he will also be watching over Skeeter for u until u are together again.

I'm so, so sorry.

{{{{{{{{{{{{Paula}}}}}}}}}}

Oh my dearest sweet, loving Angel Paula ....

:broken_heart::broken_heart:

My tears know no bounds at this time. I know AJ and Bandit will give your little

baby girl as much room as she wants.

I only wish I had all the beautiful words you had for me.

I know ....

AJ is helping her get settled.

She told Bandit some very special things about her mom.

Surprisingly, she wasn't scared - and she's still licking on sesame oil, only she no longer

has any pain or discomfort and isn't swallowing blood clods either. She misses your gentle

touch and huge loving heart, however AJ and Bandit explained that she will be seeing you

again when the time is right. Bandit told her what a very very exceptional lady and mama

you are - to AJ, her, The Pride, the HUGE impact you had on his life and mine and so very very many

other kitties and puppers (and people). He started to explain to her you are what is known as an "Angel

Here on Earth" . . . and Ms. Skeeter said she knew that already. In fact, everyone who came

into contact with you just knew that to be true - because you have the biggest, caring heart and

spirit of anyone they've met.

:pawprint:

She loves you SO much and is sending you some extra special kitty kisses from The Bridge.

And thanks you with her entire heart for being the absolute BEST mommy and taking such

excellent care of her.

Dear Paula . . . my heart is hurting for you. I know how much you miss your baby ---- I only wish

I could reach through this screen, hug you for real and take away your pain.

I love you. And I am holding you both in my heart, thoughts and prayers.

Please give the Pride some special cuddles from me.

Sending Special Gentle (((((((((((((((((((Paula)))))))))))))))))))))

With ALL of our LOVE,

NOW,

forever.jpg

Donna and 'The Big Beautiful Angel, Bandit'

:rose::pawprint:

:animcndc_sm:

Paula,

I just read the news of Skeeter. I like others just don't know what to say ....I'm in shock. I thought your beloved furbaby was making it.

I'm so so sorry ...we all here understand your loss and your pain. Your sweet Skeeter is now healthy and free and I'm sure still with you in spirit and watching over you. MS. ZOOM I'm certain was there with the rest of the IMOM greeting committee at the bridge.

Gentle hugs my friend...

:broken_heart:

Susan, MisChief

& My FurAngel PIN ZOOM

sending more hugs today to u, my friend.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Paula}}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh dear, I am so sorry to read Skeeter went to the bridge. Years ago, a friend sent me this after I lost Taffy. It brings me comfort and I hope will do the same for you Paula.

The Ship

by Henry Van Dyke (1852-1933)

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my sidespreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length;she hangs like a speck of white cloud, just where the sea and sky come tomingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someoneat my side says: "There. She is gone!", there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: "Here she comes!"

Pat & The Spoiled Royals

Edited by Pat.C

Paula,

I was so sorry to hear about your loss of Skeeter; I had been following her story, although not posting.

I like Pat's quote. It reminded me of these lines from a poem:

Life is eternal, and love is immortal,

and death is only a horizon;

and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

~Rossiter Worthington Raymond

My heartfelt sympathy to you for your loss.

Judy G.

I am so so sorry to see that Skeeter had to go to the bridge.....it's never easy, is it.....

Know that everyone here at IMOM cares and is with you now...I hope that will help just a little..... :animcndc_sm:

Paula, i just saw that you had lost poor skeeter to the bridge.I am so very sorry for your loss.skeeter is in a great place now with so many friends, and as i know it doesnt take away the pain or the emptiness..i just hope it is a little more reassuring to know how much he is loved and that he will be pain free, loved and taken care of by all of his imom friends...and behave- he will be watching over you as you did him!!!!!!hugs, maryann :animcnda_lg:

Oh Paula... I am so very sorry. :sad: I know I haven't been around for a very long time, but I just heard about Skeeter, and I had to come and tell you my heart is breaking for you. You're part of a loving family here at IMOM, and Skeeter will always remain in our hearts.

Run little Skeeter, run through fields of clover. Be free, and watch over your Mommy and family who love you so much. Rest in peace little one. :animcnda_lg:

Love, Peace & Blessings

Jo & Gidget

thinking of u and Skeeter. and all the kids. How are the other kids at home handling the loss?

Sending u strength and love.

Just continue to think about you and Skeeter ....sending lots of gentle hugs my friend.

:hugs:

Susan, MisChief

& Angel ZOOM

Eight is not enough, as nobody will ever be quite like Skeet Magoo. Please know that I am cheering every bit of good news about your babies, but need a bit more time to let my heart agree with what my mind knew was best for my girl.

Being a sailor, the poems and writings about new horizons bring me comfort. I thank you all for that. The "here she comes" pulled me through a particular tough moment, and I hope the prayer I said at that moment helped some of your babies keep fighting.

My dearest, sweet Paula ---

I know for a fact there hasn't been nor ever will be another like your baby girl, Ms. Skeeter . . .

Each member of AJ's Pride has been SO wonderfully special and unique -

just like a snow flake and very much loved by us all !!!!

And, I know the terrible angst you feel deep within your heart as we never have

enough time with these wonderful fur babies He entrusts to us.

Their death leaves a heartache no one can heal . . . and,

Their love leaves a memory no one can steal :rose:

oie_animated_candle.gif

And I want you to know, no matter what is going on or where I may be --- you, your precious

Angel, Ms. Skeeter girl, and your majestic grey Angel, AJ - and ALL of your Pride are

FOREVER in my heart and

I will ALWAYS BE

suuka9.gif

I hope you can feel the special ((((((((((((Paula)))))))))))) . . .

I love you all sooooo.

Please give The Pride special cuddles and nuzzles from me.

With ALL of 'our' LOVE,

NOW,

forever.jpg

Donna and 'The Big Beautiful Angel, Bandit'

:rose::felineicon::pawprint:

The pride asks you to keep our auntie in your thoughts and prayers. Four days after Skeeter left us, our auntie took a ride to the hospital in :sos: Mom is very worried about her, and tells us this is very very scary. We love our auntie.

Also, we are worried about our friend Creamsicle. He is in emergency and looks like CRF. He is just a baby, like me. We are only 6.

We love you Skeeter. :stripekitty:

The pride asks you to keep our auntie in your thoughts and prayers. Four days after Skeeter left us, our auntie took a ride to the hospital in :sos: Mom is very worried about her, and tells us this is very very scary. We love our auntie.

Also, we are worried about our friend Creamsicle. He is in emergency and looks like CRF. He is just a baby, like me. We are only 6.

We love you Skeeter. :stripekitty:

Dear pride, ur auntie will be/already is in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on her and on Creamsicle-who we pray does not have CRF at such a very young age.

We know Skeeter and AJ are watching over them both as well as ur mama and all of u.

Love, Cindy, Tuck and Justice

P.S. we were wondering if sometime ur mommy could list all the pride's names and ages-pics would be so good too--then we know just who all is in the pride!!

Just checking in on you and hoping things with Auntie and the rest of the pride and your world are doing better. Continued prayers and good thoughts to you ...hang in there my friend.

With great big hugs,

Susan, Mischief,

& Angel ZOOM

P.S. we were wondering if sometime ur mommy could list all the pride's names and ages-pics would be so good too--then we know just who all is in the pride!!

We'll need some help from Otis' dad on the pic requests, but here's the info on the pride members our mom adopted. We've had many foster friends join us from time to time, but we are the ones who came and stayed.

Those who've gone to the Bridge: Autumn (the biggest boxcar of a cat you'd ever want to meet), Our Lion King, AJ, and now our Alpha Girl, Skeeter.

Those on this side of the Bridge:

Stormie - 13+ She is a Jersey girl through and through. Stormie was the only one besides Skeeter that didn't join the pride because mom was a foster failure.

Topaz - 13 the end of this month. Also tabby and nicknamed "Jurassic kitty" by our vets. She may only have 4 teeth, but she knows how to use them and wants things her way. She loves men, unless they are veterinarians

Annabelle- 11- Our 1 eyed wonder from the streets of Newark. Pulled out of the shelter along with her 2 kittens. Mom fostered all 3, but Annabelle joined the pride for good.

Junebug- April, May, June were 3 kittens, who's 9 now, had a badly ulcerated eye when little. She's all black, with just a spot of white under her mouth. These 3 were found at the edge of a busy road when they were about 5 weeks.

Sherman- 10, and Junebug's favorite pride brother. He's our Jersey City boy, all white with tip of orange on his tail and ears. He's trying to establish himself as the Alpha of the pride, but it's never going to happen.

Junior- 8 Too pretty to be a boy. His rescue name was GQ, but since he was the youngest of the pride (at the time), and mom refused to call him GQ, the name Junior was applied, and stuck. He's the most likely new scribe for the pride, cause he helps mom with her paperwork by standing on the keyboard.

Gabe- 6 very unusual shape to this kid, and possible younger son of Junior's dad. He was found in a garden, not far from where Junior and his brother were found two years earlier. Gabe is a water baby, and thinks nothing of standing in the shower.

Andy- 6 Owes his life to a firefighter and good timing. No more than 6 weeks old, he was being carried into a shelter, when my rescue friend was on her way out the door. He never crossed the threshold into the shelter. He still growls out the window at the garbage truck, is afraid of my neighbor when he's in his uniform, and thinks he's boss of all the others.

That's Our Pride.

Edited by CatPaws

Paula --

Have been thinking of you through the storm ... if I remember correctly you are in NJ? Hope Sandy spared your particular area and you are safe. Here in New England it's been "fun" too ...but nothing compared to what your area got and NY.

Hope you are well and Hugs to you and the pride.

Susan, MisChief,

& Angel ZOOM

Dear Paula,

You were so compassionate when I was going through the loss of my little Guy and then Lola, but I wasn't here to give you any kind words when your Skeeter went to the rainbow bridge. Please give me a chance now to let you know that I feel so sad for your loss. I wish I could have you lean on my shoulder and feel my support, and maybe this would help the emptiness pass a little.

Mike, the cute angel Guy and the beautiful angel Lola

It's time to put up the lights, my baby girl...

Hope you and AJ are snuggling- we miss you here.