Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jacki IMOM

Tucker Van Allen

289 posts in this topic

Tuckie is doing so unbelievably well! :motimonkey:

This AM I was downstairs and David had Tuck outside. When they came inside, Tuck pulled the leash out of his hand and ran wiggle buttin' thru the mudroom and the kitchen to me. I didn't have the heart to have David put him back in the crate right then, and we were all getting some cereal anyway-so the baby gate was put up so he couldn't get in the family room and jump on furniture, and another baby gate (all handy when u have a puppy in the house) at the stairs. So he got to be with us. I wish the 'happy hat' had stayed off of him, but when it's off he immediately goes for the staples, even with a onesie on. But he was happy, banging into all of us and just hangin'. When it was time for all of us to go different ways, Tuck went back into the crate without a fuss. He lay down and went to sleep.

We will do the same at dinner time since he did so well. Then he'll come be in the bed with me for several hours and after that he'll go back in the crate for bedtime (since he might decide to jump off the bed or go down the ramp while I wasn't watching).

Most of his incision looks great-it's just those last 5-6 staples at his penis that are looking OK, just not great. I hope Tuesday that they don't say those 5-6 staples need to stay in a few more days, or that he has to wear his 'happy hat' a few extra days.

But this little boy isn't letting anything get him down!!!

I wish he was on the seizure free train, but I am so very happy he hasn't at least had a GM since his surgery. I would have been so scared that he would have ripped open his incision and needed stapled again. Now at least I think he would be safe from needing another surgery to re-staple him.

Thanks so much to each and every one of u for giving me back my happy boy!!!!

It makes me so happy that Tucker is wiggling that little butt again!:motimonkey:

Well, this AM Tuck decided not to wait for David to put his 'happy hat' on him after he was fed and David was going to put him back in the crate in my room. Tuck started up the ramp to my bed. I had David just lift him the rest of the way so Tuck slept in this AM in mommy's bed. It made us both very happy.

He has been sleeping since in the crate with a few walks outside to go to the bathroom. He has had lots of sleep these past 11 days, but I know it's healing, and it's been so hard on the little guy since March.

Tuck has had some complex partial seizures today.

I am so lucky though that these 2 little boyz are making me smile every day. Tuck has rarely made me laugh in months-he has always been so comical. But when he stopped playing -well I stopped smiling with him. But now even in his crate and the short amounts of time he is out he makes me smile so much that my heart smiles too.

Oh, Sue, I am so happy too! You of all people know how a schnauzie can wiggle butt!! It's a butt full of joy, that's for sure. Thanks for helping to make us so happy!!

hugs to u, Oliver and Ivy!

Thanks so much angels!

so happy to hear that tuck was able to get up that ramp to the bed and cuddle with mommy!!!!i love that...mypups are not able to get up there anymore,and weigh too much to lift, but they sleep on either side of me, and if i move over...so do they!

sorry about the seizure activity though..everything ok now????

hugs,

maryann and girls

Gotta love the WBB!!! I have never been owned by a Schnauzer but my pittie's butt wiggles when she is happy. I can't wait til his staples are out and he doesn't have to wear the happy hat anymore. :)

Tuck got to be out of the crate a little more today. He still isn't allowed to do stairs or jump on anything. We have been so cautious with him-moreso then with any pupper we have ever had who has had abdominal surgery. It's frustrating becuz I have a bad feeling that on Tuesday when they remove the staples that they'll either need to keep in a few at his penis, or at the very least he will need to wear the 'happy hat' longer becuz there is one area where it just is still not looking closed-and if it is, I know he will immediately start licking like crazy at it when the 'happy hat' is no longer on--and it just won't heal like it should. I sure hope I am wrong. We've got a few more days.

I had some paperwork to do at the kitchen table, and I put a furry mat down (actually made for a cat) that all the puppers love to lay on. So he just stayed beside me on the mat for quite some time, in fact even when I got up and went just feet away into the family room he still slept there-nothing like some freedom!

Tuck is still drinking lots of water, but he isn't acting like he was the other times his liver enzymes were high (drinking lots of water has been a barometer of how his liver is doing). He sleeps a lot, but when out of the crate he wiggles his butt and would take off running if we let him.

Tuck is still having some CP's, but was told after what he went thru it's not surprising.

Tuckie is beside me on the bed--with a leash on so he can't jump off the bed-which he has never even attempted. He is a good boy!!

Hi maryann, thankfully Tuckie never made it all the way up the ramp cuz David caught him and I had him lift Tuck onto the bed. But for trying, I just had to let him get in bed with me. I never went back to sleep becuz I was so worried I would fall asleep and he would jump off the bed. But it was OK. We snuggled and both were happy.

Zoe and Jessie make sure they can be near their mama too!! LOL.

The neuro always says that after an illness is resolved it can be at least 2 weeks before we get seizure control again. Plus if his liver enzymes are still high it may be causing the seizures. But I am so very happy that he hasn't had a grand mal in 2 weeks. The Propofol (yea, the Michael Jackson drug) anesthesia is used to stop seizures, and he always goes without seizures for awhile after having it-so thankfully it seems to have helped immensely-at least as far as the major seizures.

He had a couple mild partials today, but is fine now.

Glad school starts for maddy on Tuesday-then maybe it will quiet down for u just a little...for a day or so!!

hugs to u and the girls

Hi Kat, I bet ur Pittie's butt does wiggle-I have seen a Pittie have a WB. Do the chi's butts wiggle??

I just love a wiggle butt that starts at the bum and goes all the way up to the shoulders.

Cross paws he can get rid of the staples (I am sure 20 of them will come out-just not sure of the last 5) and happy hat on Tuesday.

hugs!!

Thanks so much angels!!

:wbd3:

Hi Cindy,

I am SO thankful that the mass was benign. Yay!! Told ya I didn't think God would let poor Tuckie go through all that just to end up with cancer. :)

I'm so happy that Tuck is okay and you're all home together. I know your stress level has gone WAY down now. :)

Hugs,

Jamie

Angels, becuz of each and every one of u, for the past 8 years, making sure that Tuck always has his daily seizure medications, and thru all the emergencies...you have made this possible...

Tuckie is 12 years old today!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET BOY!

:bdayrose::birthday4::banana: :banana:

Tuck is so happy, he is minus his 'happy hat' for now. He has been so restless the past 2 nights, but especially last night. He constantly was moving after 3AM and banging his hat into the crate as he would try to get comfortable. We found that the staples that attached from the side of his penis to the skin beside his penis had all pulled apart from his penis. YIKES!! He had some blood on his onesie, and it doesn't look great-but it sure looks less painful. He didn't do anything to cause it, I think it finally stretched so much it just detached. It couldn't have felt good when it happened, that's for sure, but I think he is feeling much better now.

We decided to give him a break from his 'happy hat' to try and let him get some sleep. So we put on a harness, which I had been worried would touch his upper staples, but he seemed fine with it being so close to his staples, with a t-shirt put on backwards and he is doing fine. He slept for nearly 4 hours without moving. David just woke him for dinner.

So I hope he can keep the 'happy hat' off, but we'll see if he leaves everything alone-if not, back on it goes.

Tuck has had some partials and CP's today, but is doing better since his long nap.

Hi Jamie. AMEN!! I am just so happy to know I have this sweet little boy for a long time to come!

Hope u sell lots at the upcoming festival starting this Friday.

Thanks!

hugs to u and the kids!

Thanks so very much angels!!

♫♪]♥♥♫♪Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday !!!!! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TUCKER VAN ALLEN!!!

We are so glad we met you, and we are SOOOOOOO glad you're so close to being back to your Schnauzie self!! :wub: :wub: :motimonkey::wub: :wub:

We got home at 5PM. t's been an incredibly long day for all of us.

I have super great news though...Tuck's labs aren't quite normal, but they are close! A couple liver enzymes are only slightly elevated-compared to 9 X normal, and a couple other tests are elevated, but in a range where no one is too worried becuz they are heading in the right direction!! Everyone including the docs are so very happy.

He stays on his three antibiotics thru Saturday, and then 2 weeks after he stops them he has labs drawn again-so in abt 3 weeks more labs.

Now if u recall, that was the intention before surgery, and he got really sick a week after going off the antibiotics-we didn't even make it to two weeks before his liver enzymes went from normal to 9X normal.

If his labs in 3 weeks are OK, then he has labs every 6-8 weeks for 3 times and then every 6 months.

His cardio exam was pretty good. His blood oxygen was down a little at 72, but above where she gets really concerned (below 70).

The bad news...he has to keep his 'happy hat' or a t-shirt on for another week. He needs warm packs 3 times/day too. There were a couple staples at the penis that made the skin fold over, so it got no air, and he has some moist dermatitis there. I knew from the way it looked he would have to wear his hat longer...but at least all staples are out and he doesn't have any restrictions with activities. :pp_animal_568:

Thank u everyone for the birthday wishes for Tuckie. He was just sitting with me and we read and sang them all (thankfully no one else was nearby or I wouldn't have been singing out loud-noise pollution!).

Every birthday for Tuck and Justice is special...but this BD was so very extra special, and only happened becuz of each of u who donated and/or those who were cheerleaders.

We are so blessed to have u all in our lives.

Thanks so much angels!

P.S. I'm not sure when this thread will be moved or closed, but we really hope our new friends follow us to the chronic illness forum and Tucker and Justice's thread.

oh happy belated birthday tucker....so sorry i missed it. You get to celebrate anextra day now...and mommy can sing some more for you-lol.........big hugs to all of you!:bdayrose::birthday4::bravo:

We got home at 5PM. t's been an incredibly long day for all of us.

I have super great news though...Tuck's labs aren't quite normal, but they are close! A couple liver enzymes are only slightly elevated-compared to 9 X normal, and a couple other tests are elevated, but in a range where no one is too worried becuz they are heading in the right direction!! Everyone including the docs are so very happy.

He stays on his three antibiotics thru Saturday, and then 2 weeks after he stops them he has labs drawn again-so in abt 3 weeks more labs.

Now if u recall, that was the intention before surgery, and he got really sick a week after going off the antibiotics-we didn't even make it to two weeks before his liver enzymes went from normal to 9X normal.

If his labs in 3 weeks are OK, then he has labs every 6-8 weeks for 3 times and then every 6 months.

His cardio exam was pretty good. His blood oxygen was down a little at 72, but above where she gets really concerned (below 70).

The bad news...he has to keep his 'happy hat' or a t-shirt on for another week. He needs warm packs 3 times/day too. There were a couple staples at the penis that made the skin fold over, so it got no air, and he has some moist dermatitis there. I knew from the way it looked he would have to wear his hat longer...but at least all staples are out and he doesn't have any restrictions with activities. :pp_animal_568:

Thank u everyone for the birthday wishes for Tuckie. He was just sitting with me and we read and sang them all (thankfully no one else was nearby or I wouldn't have been singing out loud-noise pollution!).

Every birthday for Tuck and Justice is special...but this BD was so very extra special, and only happened becuz of each of u who donated and/or those who were cheerleaders.

We are so blessed to have u all in our lives.

Thanks so much angels!

P.S. I'm not sure when this thread will be moved or closed, but we really hope our new friends follow us to the chronic illness forum and Tucker and Justice's thread.

I'm glad to hear Tucker had some pretty good labs. And, it's great that all the staples out. :) It's too bad he has to keep his little hat on for another week, poor baby. I know he hates it.

I'll definitely follow your thread when it gets moved. I'll be posting more on a regular basis and checking in more after the sale is over.

Hope you all are having a good night.

Hugs,

Jamie