Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

CoCo - cat too sick to eat has gone to the Bridge

59 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Mandibular Mass, unknown if malignant

Low end of estimate: $1001

Less owner contribution: -$0

Needed for low end of estimate: $1001

4% of $1001 for IMOM operating expenses = $40

Our fund raising goal is $1041

Spayed or neutered: Yes

Caseworker: Kyle

Fund update - Fundraising has ceased due to Coco's passing. Refund information will be posted tomorrow :broken_heart:

coco_kearney.jpg

CoCo is a 9 year old Tabby cat with a mass in his jaw. He can't eat and hasn't eaten in several days. Before treatment can be done, the vets must do cytology and radiology work to determine whether the mass is malignant or benign. Only then will we know what can be done to save this kitty.

To make a donation for this pet, please click here and mark your gift, "GF - CoCo Kearney."

IMOM's email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org. Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

(Fund updates will be provided as time allows.)

Thank you very much.

Edited by Cindy/IMOM

I hope IMOM can help him, I got him as a shelter pet about 4 months ago and he was doing fine but his breath started to smell. I thought it was his food, so changing his food did stop the bad breath but it is also a symptom of his condition. He likes to walk on you sometimes, and then stand on your chest and make sure everything is ok. That's how I noticed his breath. But that has stopped and it was difficult to notice the lump on his jaw. If you can belive it, there were workers here upgrading the windows and in the process banging very loudly:

Hi everyone, CoCo made it through the night. He doesn't look good, but at least he is breathing normally. He licks his paws and checks his fur every so often here on the desk: 
<object width="400" height="300" ><param  name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie"  value="http://www.facebook.com/v/416558248385644" /><embed  src="http://www.facebook.com/v/416558248385644"  type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400"  height="300"></embed></object>

He hid most of the time while they were working on the windows, but I noticed that he wasan't eating anything. I offered him treats and fancy feast grillers but he ate very little. That's when I tried to find a vet that would help us. There was something called the Banfeild hope fund, that got the veternarian to see him. We waited there for three hours for someone to see him in between appointments. The vet immediately saw that one side of his jaw was larger than the other and examined it further. I began to see what could be the cause of him not eating. He is also missing a tooth, but he gets angry if you fool around with him.

Edited by CoCo's Michael

:catwatching: What a beautiful cat CoCo is. I've donated what I can, and I will share on Facebook too.

I think so, I remember when I picked him out I thought he was old, but I really didn't get a good look at him until I brought him home. I liked him right away; impartly because a cat I had years ago looked just like him. I really liked that cat and had good times with him too. I used to catch him in the yard by tying a peice of fishing string to a branch and moving the branch ever so slightly, and when he went for the branch I tangled him up in fishing string and brought him inside. He would go out but he would want to come back home at 3 in the morning. lol CoCo hasan't been outside yet because I have to teach him how to walk down the stairs first. Buy him a leash for a small dog or something. I never really had the money and he waits at the door for me to let him out and look but never to go down the stairs.

Michael, I am SO GLAD to see CoCo up for fund raising...

You have started out just the right way...now...we need to spread the word...if you have a facebook wall, share the link to IMOM's thread about CoCo and ask your friends to do the same...

you won't believe how much good that is...facebook and twitter is a social media that really gets the word out...and that's what we need to do!!

CoCo is lucky to have you...keep up the good work posting...keep posting and then post some more...

Also...

since you have the paperwork done from IMOM...do an Internet search for Red Rover (formerly United Animal Nation)

the more help we can find the better...GOOD LUCK...get that paperwork going right away...they are pretty quick to respond...once you apply check for an email from Red Rover

I know, I excited to find help for him but I don't think I can put it on my facebook wall, ppl don't really know how bad off I am and would dissasociate themselves. I'm 30 and I've failed. Some friends I don't even friend for that reason. But some friends I know don't care either way. hehehe I tried twitter once to let ppl know where a meeting place was but really when you get down to the science you can almost catylize twitter into what it is regardless of the posts made and topics of conversation @ typing speeds above 90wpm. So; I like to use internet relay chat. Maybe I can think of some ways throughout the day I could give the site more exposure!

Don't feel you failed...I think you've done a great job so far...and you're doing it for CoCo...I do understand that it is hard to ask strangers for help...

SO, use the method you are most confortable with...and people there know you too.....

BUT, do apply to Red Rover...they are there to help the animals...as we are here at IMOM.....CoCo needs you...and I know you'll be strong, just for that reason.....

I have failed, I even applied for financial aid at the college to continue my intrest in computers so long ago and they told me I was on academic probation from 15 years ago. lol And even yet, the ugly person at the counter said that my appeal "is not good enough". It required mathmatics courses that had been taught at different colleges and universities. I thought that if I had applied at another college, I would try to make up the difference. But I was wrong because of the locality. lol You can follow a mathmatics course, calculus; and then try to understand why things are the way they are and they are different depending on the university! I could just ditch the rest of my resume and stop saying that I am a contractor alltogether. hhehe

http://www.student.nvcc.edu/home/mikearney2/resume.htm

Anyway CoCo is my friend. I really don't want to see him go so soon. He's still here on the desk, presumably waiting for me to tell him to jump up on the examiners table. Maybe he has a good seat. I hope that ppl can help him and IMOM with their pets in need.

You can count on people caring here and no one is going to be critical either, they are just here because they care.....

So...think positive and keep up the good work posting.....

Did you name CoCo or did he come with that name? He's a handsome boy....

Have you had a chance to go over to Red Rover and check out what is required to apply? Here is the link so you can go directly there...

click on the link and then go to Red Rover Relief Grants...get busy and I hope you hear from Red Rover soon, they are in California so they are just barely starting there day.....

http://www.uan.org/index.cfm?navid=28

I let him keep his name they gave him at the shelter because I work closely with Prince William County Communtiy Services Board. I thought that it would be more than a novelty the day I went for a ride to see him from petfinder.com. Orginally they had another cat posted, and a family was interested in adopting the cat I had come to see, but CoCo was there on the top shelf sleeping. lol I would be banging on the glass or something.

Good News! I applied at redrover!

Thank you for submitting an application for a RedRover Relief grant. Your application was received and you should hear back from us via email or phone soon. Please be sure to add relief@redrover.org to your “safe senders” or “friends” list to ensure our response is not inadvertently diverted to your spam folder. If you do not hear from us within two business days, please contact us to check your application's status.

Great on the application to Red Rover!!!!!

Now...here are some more to try.....

Feline Veterinary Emergency Assitance (FVEAP_

http://www.fveap.org/sys-tmpl/door/

The Pet Fund (916) 443-6007

Email: infor@thepetfund.com

http://www.thepetfund.com/

Ohio

Good Sam Fund – (614) 846-5800

www.medvetfoundation.org/index.asp

Email: mwyman1@columbus.rr.com

The MedVet Good Sam (Special Assistance and Memorial) Fund was established in 1999, well before the development of the Foundation. Its mission was then, and still is, to provide financial aid and support for sick or injured stray animals who are admitted to MedVet by Good Samaritans and animal lovers. Each grant for assistance is limited to $500 per doctor per year and per patient per year. Please click here for the criteria for you and your pet.

Also, you can find this out with a telephone call...IF your vet clinic is a member of the AAHA, the vet can apply for a one time grant to assist a needy pet, only the vet can do that, not the patient...worth a telephone call.....

GOOD LUCK with all of the above...and don't feel bad if they say no....they might not have funds right now...BUT, then again, they MIGHT.....

Thank you all for your support! CoCo is making my eyes cry again, hes laying here smiling even though he hasn't eaten a thing. He wont even drink water now. Beathing funny. If he is just love sick I'm going to squirt him or something. He didn't stop purring on the vet's examiner table and they had to make him smell some rubbing alchol; and when they got him with the thermometer. His temperature was a little high, 103.5 where I learned a normal temperature is about 102. He is obviously fighting infection of some kind. I don't know that he will recover without help. Please donate if you can to IMOM. IMOM is the only organization I was able to find beside the AHAA which discontinued their funding programs for pets in need. The Banfeild HOPE fund got him in the door. I don't have a red cent. Maybe enough gas money to make it to springfield, which is about 15 miles from here. Please help.

YAY...we are on a ROLL...and the fund raising just started!!!

Michael, I know that will make you smile.....we have more work to do but it's a GREAT START!!!!!

Thanks to everyone that is helping and supporting CoCo.

Nice suggestions Judy...those are great places!

Thanks! I'll go twitter now!

Melissa/IMOM

Apllied with Feline Emergency Assistance at http://fveap.org. The one with the kitty pictur. I don't know if they will be able to help CoCo. I qualify. :(

YAY Angels.....

I was just hoping we could get into the $700.00's...

Now...let's keep spreading the word!!! This guy needs our help, his Dad is workng on applying for other assistance...but you know, times are tough...so, let's do what we can do to make this happen.....

sharing and caring is the way to go.....

Even if you think your donation is too small to count, IT ISN'T...if you skip two lunches that helps tons...or, two cups of coffee in the morning...

Facebook and twitter spread the word RAPIDLY.....there are angels and animal lovers out there everywhere.....

CoCo is a much loved boy and his Dad is really trying...he just needs some help from people that understand and care.....

Thank you for all your support! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

CoCo needs your help, he is resting now but still has a long way to go. I thought he could see in the dark better than I, using one of his nine lives. But hes here by the computer waiting for help. I will call the vetnarian to see if they had made contact with IMOM to discuss the payment process but I told her that CoCo may need some time for fund rasing. Keep looking out for CoCo and IMOM!

I haven't went away, just no funds to update.... hmmmmmmmmmm ok, come on IMOM ANGELs! I know we have quite the kitty following here.....where is everyone!?

Anyone have any questions? Need more info? Anything?

Please help spread the word for CoCo. His father really is trying....and we need to get CoCo in quickly from the sounds of it. His tummy must be so empty :( he hasn't eaten in days. I'm so very sad for that.

To Donate: http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

To Share: http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=8678

Melissa/IMOM

Please angels help this sweet kitty and her dad. He is trying so hard to raise money for CoCo--can u help him?

No amount is too small!! Those of u that know my mini schnauzer Justice also know he turned 10yo a few days ago...maybe some angels could donate $10 to help CoCo...becuz Justice would love to chase CoCo around!

Hang in there CoCo!

Hugs,

Cindy

Edited by k9sign

Hi Michael, glad you were able to fundraise for coco!!!!you can see how much love you have for your baby, so that is wonderful!!!!

ANGELS.... i know you are out there and reading this and we have had a few animals need emergency help the past few days, but please help this kitty...so beautiful.

and Michael..please do not take this the wrong way...but your friends are NOT your friends unless they know the REAL you....and right now it seems like you are a genuinely caring person trying to help his fur friend ...nothing to be ashamed of there! all i can say, is that i have had to ask alot of people for help this past year with me getting sick...it is very hard to do...but people who love you will try to help, and if you have to pretend to be someone you are not to make a friend....well they are not good friends...so chin up! this too shall pass! lets get this kitty some help!!!