Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Sarah C.

Viatin Hauss, Pit Bull, 6 months old

16 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Possible jaw fracture and broken teeth [Vet can't get into his mouth w/o puttting him under]

Low end of estimate: $975

Less applicant contribution: $0

Fundraising amount: $975.00

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $27

Fundraising goal: $1002.00

Neutered: No - will be at the time of surgery

Caseworker: Vicky Tallman

This is a very sad case. Viatin was on leash walking when a man jumped a fence and Viatin moved toward him the man hit Viantin in the mouth with his gulf club. He and the owner exchanged words - Viatin's owner had him on a leash and he wasn't doing anything threatening. This happened on 6/17. In the meanwhile he has not been able to eat. We spoke with the vet - this guy is in a LOT LOT LOT of pain. He's drooling, he can't eat. The vet can't believe that this guy has held out this long - w/o eating. She said he's in terrible shape - not because of neglect from the owner but from the beating he took.

Honestly - I don't know that we're going to hear from the owners. Communication has been challenging. But the vet was very helpful with what information she could provide. She said Viatin's looks in good shape outside of these fractures, well cared for.

Full disclosure as always: He is offspring from another pet who is no longer alive. There was a 2nd puppy that died 2 days ago.

I really don't know what to say here. Other than we have a 6 month old puppy who is greatly suffering. The vet is very concerned for this pup. The owner has not been to this clinic before this incident. Surgery needs to happen soon - it's already been so long. The vet took a little off the bill (verbally while I was on the phone) and indicated they could try to do it for less than the original estimate of $1,140.

Surgery really should happen tomorrow or the next day - it's already been too long. This case was not an easy one to take on but every angle has been discussed and this pup can be fixed up.

If you can help Viatin get his surgery, please visit our Donations page, and mark your gift "Viatin Hauss" or if your prefer paypal, our address is paypal@imom.org

No donation amount is ever too small, it all add up. If you can't donate, you can still help.

Please share Viatin's Forum page on all those Social Networking Sites and e-mail all your friends. Get the word out far and wide, that this beautiful boy needs our help.

Sarah/IMOM

Not sure why this is in Happy Endings? A good omen, I hope?

Donated for poor Viatin. Hoping he can get his surgery asap.

Judy G.

I hope as well, Judy G. that it is a good omen. Thank you for the vet for caring enough to help.

To Viatin's owner, thank you for seeking help for him. If you know the man who did this to your pup, please keep yourself safe too and get away from him.

Judy - I'm worried too. I do not believe he is at the vet's office. I believe he is home with the owner. And no update from the owner even though I said REPLY IMMEDIATELY. I'm really at a loss here. I'm going to call the vet and see if I can find more information - see if they have heard from the owner.

I called the vet and lost connection. So I'm waiting for her to call back. The receptionist there is a hoot! I'm hoping we can get some better details and hopefully have her call the owner to tell them to get back online with us.

We are still trying to reestablish contact with Viatin's people. We have emailed them again, and let them know that we need to hear from them by noon EST on Thursday or else, sadly, Viatin's case is at risk of closure.

I wish we had more information for you, but unfortunately right now we don't. We will keep you updated as we know more.

I know we are all very worried about Viatin, and hope he is okay.

Owner brought Viatin back to the vet today who called us. He has parvo. For another dog with out all the extra health issues Parvo is hard to treat - with all the injuries that Viatin has it would be even harder. If the owner do not come up with the finances for treatment vet said you HAVE to put him down. The owners said they would take him to the humane society- but she's not convinced they will. That being said we have raised $300 so far. It's hard w/o the owner's participation and we just know so little about this family.

Parvo treatment isn't guaranteed to be a good outcome - but the cost is $900.

Then there is treatment for the jaw injury - which is another $1000.

Euthanasia costs will be $65 + cremation $80.

I'm worried about this dog's future as well. We just don't all the information that I wish we had about his home life. The committee is discussing this case now.

Thank you for the update. This really makes me sad for Viatin, who must be suffering. Unable to eat and now with Parvo...I wish I had enough money to pay for all his treatment. :(

I hope his family will make the right decision if they cannot find a way to pay...I am surprised that they were able to post originally and apply for aid, but not come back with updates.

I know IMOM is doing all they can, but it is heartbreaking.

Judy G.

We are suspending fundraising at this time, until we find out from the vet what course the owners are deciding to take, that will be in Viatin's best interest.

Vet confirmed this little boy is very very sick and is suffering.

As soon as we hear back from the vet, we will let all of you know. We are sending him all our love.

Tammy-IMOM

I am saddened by this case tremendously!!! It IS VERY NICE that the vet is keeping us updated,but where are the parents??? i am not perfect, but i will do anything i can for my puppy who is dying...i just wish Viatin peace and lots of love ..right now he needs that the most!!!! It is just unsettling to not know what is happening with this guy!!! good luck!

My fear is that the family will not do anything because they can't afford it, and they will just let Viatin die. :( I hope I am wrong, but it does not seem that he can go on long like this.

Judy G.

Just to keep you all updated:

Viatin is still at the Vet. Since we raised $300, IMOM has pledged that amount to begin the Parvo treatment and give him the care he immediately needed today-which could not wait.

We simply couldn't let Viatin suffer with no care. So for right now, he is in good hands with the vet, whom we are keeping open communication with.

I promised to post more as we know how this case may or may not proceed.

Tammy-IMOM

Viatin's owner posted this in her Profile earlier today, that's why none of us saw it.

"Vee & Viatin user_popup.png

Today, 03:42 PM This is the story of viatin. He is a 7 month old male pitbull puppie.I raise him since birth. He is the best puppie a owner can ask for. With the enconomy going down and times being even hard financially it is impossible for me to afford what the vet is now asking from me. please if you are a pet lover or a parent please help me. anything will help; anything and everything adds up.Thank you."

Tammy-IMOM

Folks,

Unfortunately, we are closing Viatin's case. IMOM has done what we can, we can only do so much.

We pledge the $300 we received from our generous donors. Thank you so much to everyone who has been involved with this case.

This will keep Viatin being treated over night.

Further decisions about Viatins care will be discussed between the owners and the vet.

When we receive updates from the vet, I will most certainly let you all know.

We are holding Viatin in our hearts.

Tammy-IMOM

Sign in to follow this