Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tammy L.

Cookie Knight is at the Bridge :(

604 posts in this topic

Cookie's Mom. Please put your facebook account contact information or what account to search for. It might help people look at the items. I haven't been able to figure out how to find it. Hope Cookie is doing well and recovering and that SweetPea is ok.

I actually found your facebook account and waded through to find where you were selling things. That's a reason I don't use facebook. Too much stuff on it! Anyway, I didn't need anything you listed so I just send a donation through PayPal to help with getting prescription food or medical bills. You can get the presciption food online at http://www.petfooddi...iptiondiet.aspx but I don't know if it is cheaper or not. When you add in shipping costs that may push it over what the vet charges. Hoping things improve.

Hi MaryAnn,

Here here! :) I'm so glad you're feeling better today. Things always look better after you get some rest. I'm glad you're thinking positively; keep it up! Good job!!

I hope you had a great day with your babies. I spent the better part of the day having to run errands. Yuck! I hope Jessie is doing better. :)

Hugs,

Jamie

Cookie's Mom. Please put your facebook account contact information or what account to search for. It might help people look at the items. I haven't been able to figure out how to find it. Hope Cookie is doing well and recovering and that SweetPea is ok.

Thank you so much! You can do a search on my name "Jamie J. Knight". Or, the link to my fundraiser is: https://www.facebook.com/events/420804567952389/

Cookie's the same as yesterday, still lethargic, dang it. And, SweetPea's eye is no better, so I'm taking both of them in to the vet at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Taylor's still nibbling and not eating enough, so I went out today and bought a couple of jars of Beechnut Turkey and Gravy baby food and a can of Swanson's reduced-sodium chicken broth and I'll try those on the Hills and see if that will get him to eat it.

Thank you so much, again, for this. Hope you've had a great day. Do you have a pet on IMOM?

Jamie

I actually found your facebook account and waded through to find where you were selling things. That's a reason I don't use facebook. Too much stuff on it! Anyway, I didn't need anything you listed so I just send a donation through PayPal to help with getting prescription food or medical bills. You can get the presciption food online at http://www.petfooddi...iptiondiet.aspx but I don't know if it is cheaper or not. When you add in shipping costs that may push it over what the vet charges. Hoping things improve.

Oh, shoot! I posted a response to your first post before I saw this one. Sorry about that!! :)

I'm glad you found my Facebook account. Sorry you had so much trouble. You're right! There definitely is a lot of stuff on Facebook! I was wondering who sent that donation! :) I just saw it right before I came on the Forums and was about to send an email saying thanks after I posted on here. :) Thank you SO much. I only had enough for either SweetPea's exam in the morning or almost a whole case of Hills, so now I have enough for both. Now, I don't have to worry about Cookie's and Taylor's food for the next few days. Whew! It was really nice of you to do, and I really really appreciate it. I made a couple of payments on Taylor's vet bill over the last week or so, and that was before I knew I was going to have to take SweetPea in to the vet.

And, thanks for the link to the prescription foods. I'm going to check that out right away and see if it ends up being cheaper. :)

Thank you, again. I hope they improve, too. :)

Jamie

Update on Cookie:

Cookie's the same as yesterday, still kind of lying around, unfortunately. I'm taking him to the vet in the morning at 8:30. He's eating fine and using the litterboxes fine, but he obviously doesn't feel well, and I hate that. Hopefully, the vet will be able to figure out what's going on. The pain medicine I gave him didn't seem to have any effect, so it must not be because he was no longer on it, unfortunately.

Taylor is still being Mr. Picky, so I bought 2 jars of Beechnut Turkey and Gravy baby food and a can of Swanson's reduced-sodium chicken broth to try on the Hills to see if that will help. He did nibble on some dry food a couple of times today, so I think he WANTS to eat; he just doesn't like what I'm giving him.

SweetPea's eye is no better, so she's going in with Cookie in the morning for an exam. I just pray it's nothing major.

That's the latest. Wish it was better news.

I'm just thankful for the support I'm getting here on IMOM. It makes this all a lot easier to deal with. I would have probably lost it by now if it hadn't been for IMOM and you guys. Thank you all SO much.

Take care,

Jamie

I'm sorry to hear that Cookie is still not feeling well. I hope the vet can figure it out and get him back to normal. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for Cookie and Sweet Pea.

Judy G.

Sending positive thoughts that all goes well at the vet tomorrow with everyone.....

I am not very good on Facebook...how are you sales listed? I have trouble searching for things there...I could use a little help, please....

I'm sorry to hear that Cookie is still not feeling well. I hope the vet can figure it out and get him back to normal. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for Cookie and Sweet Pea.

Judy G.

Thank you, so much, Judy! I hope the vet can get them both back to normal, too. They're really good vets, so I'm hopeful they'll be able to help them. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Jamie

Sending positive thoughts that all goes well at the vet tomorrow with everyone.....

I am not very good on Facebook...how are you sales listed? I have trouble searching for things there...I could use a little help, please....

Thank you Judy! I really appreciate it.

If you go to this link, that's my actual fundraising event: https://www.facebook.com/events/420804567952389/

Once there, you can scroll down through the event. You will see photos of items I have for sale. Everywhere you see a photo other than pics of my cats, that is a photo of an item I have for sale. Just click on a photo, and it will take you to a larger version of the photo and then if you "hover" your mouse cursor over that larger picture, arrows appear on the left and right side of the photo. If you click on the arrow to the right, it will take you to the next photo of the item. There will be several photos of the item. To get out of the picture "album", just click on the "X" towards the top right of the screen to the right of my name. That will take you back to the fundraiser page. If for some reason it doesn't, you can always just go back to the link I put above. Then you can scroll down again and look for the next picture of an item for sale. Some items are sold, but I've put "SOLD" on the first picture of the ones that sold.

OR:

A second way to see the items is to go to my albums page: https://www.facebook.com/Jamie.J.Knight/photos#

You'll see the items there. Each item is in an individual album, like there is one for some Dreamsicle plates,some Portugal pottery egg cups, some bandanas, etc. Just click on the picture of what you want to look at, and it will open a page with all the other pictures. When you first go on the albums page, it only shows about 8 albums, but underneath them, you can click on "See More", and it'll show more albums. My items for sale are in the first 20 or so albums I have on there.

I know this is complicated and if you don't know your way around Facebook, it's probably overwhelming, so if you have any questions, just post. I'll be on here off and on for the next 3 or 4 hours. :) I'll keep checking back. :)

Thank you SO much, and thank you for sending positive thoughts. :)

Jamie

Jamie...I'm interested in your black Coach purse on Facebook...how can we handle this??

I hope you're on the way to the vet as I type this...positive thoughts and prayers for nothing but good news and all is well....Judy

Uh, oh, Judy! Thank you so much, but Judy G. already emailed me and wants the Coach purse. Oh, no! I'm SO sorry!! I just went on Facebook and marked it sold. If I find another one, I'll let you know.

I did go to the vet this morning. And, your positive thoughts and prayers worked. :) I saw Dr. McGarry, and she said Cookie is healing up beautifully, but there is one small area near the corner of his eye that she wants to give some more time. She said it probably would have been okay to remove the stitches today but just to be on the safe side, we should wait until next week, so I'm taking Cookie in Tuesday morning at 8:30. She could not find any reason for why he's been lying around the last couple of days. She said to try a couple of days on the pain medicine again and see if that helps. I didn't mention that I had already tried a dose and it didn't seem to work. BUT, it was only one dose and she said to give him 4 doses, so maybe if he's on it for a couple of days, that'll make a difference. We'll see over the next couple of days. I'm wondering if he's feeling a little weird because his eye is gone. It's hard to know since he can't talk to me.

Thank goodness, SweetPea just has a small abrasion on her eye. Whew!! Dr. McGarry put some dye in her eye and turned out the lights, and was relieved to see that that was all it is. So, she sent SweetPea back home, and I'm supposed to put some antibiotic ointment in her eye 3 or 4 times a day for 7 days and that will clear it up. Hallelujah!!! BUT, putting ointment in SweetPea's eye is easier said than done even ONE time much less several times a day for 7 days. lol By the end of the week, I'm going to look like I've been crawling around in barbed wire. lol!! She will fight me tooth and nail, trust me on that one. Plus, she has to wear an E-collar, and she's going to really hate that. But, thank goodness it was something simple that can be cleared up easily. What a relief!!

The vet bill was $141.57, including Cookie's pain medicine. Thankfully, they let me put $100 on account, and I paid the $41.57. Can't believe they let me put some on account considering what I owe them. But I've made 2 payments in the last week or so, so that probably is the reason.

Anyway, it was pretty good news for a change.

Again, so sorry about the purse. If I find another one, I'll definitely let you know. I really appreciate you wanting to buy it.

Hope you're having a good day.

Jamie

Thank you, MaryAnn! :) It IS really good news. They don't know why Cookie's lying around lately, so she sent him home with a couple of days of pain med and said if that helped. I'm not too sure it will, but I'm going to try it, because I could be wrong. She said Cookie's doing great healing-wise, but there was a little spot that she though might could use a little more time to heal up, so he didn't get his stitches out today. I'm taking him back in on Tuesday morning, and they'll be able to come out then.

And, SweetPea just has a small abrasion on her eye, thankfully. So I just have to put antibiotic ointment in her eye 3 or 4 times a day for 7 days, and that will heal it right up. Yay! Something simple for a change. :)

Thank you so much for caring about Cookie. How is Jessie? I'm going to go over to Jessie's thread in a little while. I have a couple of people coming by, and they could be here as early as 1:00, and it's noon now, and I have to do a couple of things before they get here. I hope I read some good news!!

Hugs,

Jamie

Jamie...I'm interested in your black Coach purse on Facebook...how can we handle this??

I hope you're on the way to the vet as I type this...positive thoughts and prayers for nothing but good news and all is well....Judy

Sorry! It's only because you go to bed early...I was up late last night doing schoolwork and felt like shopping. :)

Judy G.

See what happens when I"m a big baby and can't stay up late?? But...I have to admit...I'm a purseaholic...so...it's not like I don't have another...there are many waiting in the closet to be used...I did like it though...and I'll keep looking believe me...

I see that Jamie got a few "buys" today...and she's going to post more on Saturday and Sunday...I'll be there checking things out.....

I'm glad the kitties did so well at the vet today...makes you less tense, doesn't it?

hey girl, hears to a quiet night! just checking in one last time before i go to sleep! again i am so very tired....i hate this! jessie is awful quiet, so sad! and then there is zoe ..barking at everyone that goes by!!!! getting the stitches out tuesday is not a bad thing..at least they are not in a hurry! dont get to tangled with sweetpea trying to put the ointment on ....it sounds like sweetpea will WIN!!!!LOL....anyways good night and i will check in with you in the morning......so we can sing to our friend Judy!!!!!!! her birthday right????? oh heck....i shall start now....hehem

Happy birthday to you..happy birthday to you...happy birthday dear Judy...

happy birthday to you(and many more)...hey, were we the first ones to wish you a happy b-day??????? goodnight!

good morning friend...my nephew is having his grad party today so this afternoon i will be gone..just checking in to see how the kids are??? hope all is well! have a great one and i will check in later!

Just a quick post for now, and then I'll post again and read you guys' posts this afternoon. I didn't post yesterday, so I wanted to check in, but I'm late for an appointment this morning, so I can't really answer everything right now. Yesterday, I was gone from 6 in the am until late in the afternoon and then kept falling asleep when I got home, so I didn't get to post. Sorry about that.

Cookie and the other babies are doing okay. :)

I'll post this afternoon after I get back!

Sorry! It's only because you go to bed early...I was up late last night doing schoolwork and felt like shopping. :)

Judy G.

You two Judys might be in another purse war in a couple of hours. I have a few more to put on my page in a little while. lol I have another Coach! But, it's got signs of wear on the 4 bottom corners, and the rectangular piece on the main zipper is missing, so I don't know if you will want it or not. Not even sure what to put as a price. :)

See what happens when I"m a big baby and can't stay up late?? But...I have to admit...I'm a purseaholic...so...it's not like I don't have another...there are many waiting in the closet to be used...I did like it though...and I'll keep looking believe me...

I see that Jamie got a few "buys" today...and she's going to post more on Saturday and Sunday...I'll be there checking things out.....

I'm glad the kitties did so well at the vet today...makes you less tense, doesn't it?

Hi Judy,

Yes, it definitely makes me less tense. Whew. They're all doing pretty well today, except Taylor. He threw up earlier; there was a hairball in it, so I hope that's all it was. But, he's still not eating right. Tried to find some turkey today, because he usually likes turkey, and I couldn't find any Friskies turkey. So, I bought him Fancy Feast turkey, and he turned his nose up at it and went to another kitty's plate and started eating the chicken. But, he wouldn't eat chicken day before yesterday. Man! I've GOT to get him on one flavor consistently, because he keeps going back and forth between loose stools and hard stools, and that's not good. Just have to keep trying to find something he'll eat.

Cookie's doing better; the swelling in his surgery site is almost gone, and he seems to be feeling better. So, maybe the pain IS helping OR the swelling could have been bothering him. He's still lying around a lot, but his expression is a lot happier, and he's moving around more today.

SweetPea's eye looks a LOT better today already. So, that's good. The vet said give her the ointment 5 to 7 days, and it might only take 5 days, so hopefully, I can stop after 5 days.

Now that you've all been updated on the babies....:)

I do have about 5 or 6 purses I'm putting on my page in a couple of hours, but you might be in bed. lol I spent 4 hours today going through purses, researching their value inspecting them for flaws, etc. Very time-consuming, because I don't know the value of a lot of brands of purses. :) And I may have a few more, but I haven't checked my closet yet. :)

Hope you're had a great day!

Jamie

Hi MaryAnn,

Yes, we could definitely all use a quiet night. I hope you're getting some good rest. But, I know that's hard to do when you're stressed out and worried about your babies. I hope Jessie's doing better today. Haven't yet had the chance to check your page, but I will in a little bit.

Yes, SweetPea definitely wins the battle of the ointment. :) I just hope I'm getting enough in there!!!!! I must be, because her eye is MUCH better today. Amazing the difference. And, we definitely want to be cautious when it comes to Cookie getting his stitches out. The surgery went so well, and he's healing so well, we don't want to undo anything.

It's Judy's birthday? Happy Birthday Judy!! Hope you had a great day!! :)

Take care, MaryAnn, and thanks for being such a good friend and being so consistent in checking on things. :)

Jamie

Wow, sorry I missed so many posts. It's been a crazy weekend. I was a LONG time yesterday and a good bit of today, so I wasn't able to keep up with the posts. Sorry about that. How did your nephew's grad party go?

hoping you and your babies are having a great day!

Hope you and yours had a good one, too! :)