Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tammy L.

Samson Alderman

159 posts in this topic

post-9137-0-99639400-1334884371_thumb.jphere is a pic i took today when i was taking him from 1 vet to another. he still has his iv in his leg. he looks happy tho. but i think thats because he is getting home improvement shows on his new satellite dish

post-9137-0-99639400-1334884371_thumb.jp

post-9138-0-80369100-1334886103_thumb.jpThought I'd share a story about Samson's first trip to the dog park...

We got to the park and I walked him and Princess around on leash for a bit, so that they could get used to being there. after 5 or 10 minutes, I let them off leash to run around and explore. Every time I got outside "sniffing distance", Samson would turn around and look for me, then bound back over to me and lick my feet. At one point we were all walking the path through the park and Princess and Samson took off ahead of me. I decided to see what Samson would do if I walked over to the other side of the park without him. Once he couldn't smell me he turned around and ran back to where he had seen me last. When he didn't find me there, he ran back over to Princess and started barking. I called him, and he looked around for me. As soon as he saw me, he ran over SO fast! He circled my feet and whimpered at me the rest of the way around the path back to the benches. Once I sat down, he jumped up in my lap and licked me all over... I truly believe he was scared that he had lost me that day...

I thank everyone in advance for their donations to help keep ME from loosing HIM!post-9138-0-96627400-1334886085_thumb.jp

omg LOL i just remembered the first time at least i guess the first time he farted. LOL we where all sitting down in the living room watching tv. the dogs where where laying down being lazy. all of a sudden little Samson lets one rip. LOL he jumps up and starts running around like there was a monster chancing him. he kept looking at his rear end then looking at us. Like what in the world was that...........................................

Samson is my little love... AKA my footwarmer. everywhere i am in the house you can find him. doesn't matter if i'm cooking or sitting in my chair, he camps out on my feet every time (even waiting at the vet he sat on my feet). i'm having to wear socks in my house for the first time in 3 months. :(

he is scheduled for surgery tomorrow after 2 tomorrow or he will relay be in trouble. :( thanks for the help yall are an amazing group of people .

lets keep it going.

iv been posting on radio stations Facebook sites trying to get some help .

Keep up the great work posting Mike and Lisa! You are doing wonderful. It's very obvious how much Samson means to both of you. :wub:

352 folks have read Samson's thread here, even if they haven't posted. The word is getting out that your baby boy needs this surgery.

I will have another fund update in about an hour. We only have 1 person counting donations right now, she's on the west coast and not home yet.

I know we can do this Angels. Remember that no amount is ever too small. $5 here, $10 there, it will all add up in no time.

We welcome all donations at http://bit.ly/p9W9Ls Please remember to mark your gift "Samson Alderman"

Thank you to everyone who is donating and spreading the word!

Tammy-IMOM

thanks tammy im keeping the faith. i have to. hes the best choclate bar iv ever had :D

Keep up the great work posting Mike and Lisa! You are doing wonderful. It's very obvious how much Samson means to both of you. :wub:

352 folks have read Samson's thread here, even if they haven't posted. The word is getting out that your baby boy needs this surgery.

I will have another fund update in about an hour. We only have 1 person counting donations right now, she's on the west coast and not home yet.

I know we can do this Angels. Remember that no amount is ever too small. $5 here, $10 there, it will all add up in no time.

We welcome all donations at http://bit.ly/p9W9Ls Please remember to mark your gift "Samson Alderman"

Thank you to everyone who is donating and spreading the word!

Tammy-IMOM

just got my work shift rescheduled tomorrow so that I can be home spreading the word during the last critical hours. I will have to be at work at 2pm and work til 11pm, right when my sweet boy is in surgery. I need everyone's help to make sure this surgery happens!

Hi Mike and Lisa, omg i love your puppy...how cute is samson! your stories are wonderful and that is what we want to hear..we wnat to feel that connection! remember not everyone will post,but they are watching....so hang in there and i truly believe we CAN do this! Samson has alot of years ahead-so ANGELS please help this pup! these people here at imom are amazing human beings. keep your chin up high and we will be with you all the way...cheering you along!!!!!post ,post and repost......also if you can maybe make some posters about samsons story and see if local businesses are willing to put them up(like pet stores) my lil girl even went house to house on our street to tell of our Zoes story! try anything......we can do this!!!!:pawprint: :pawprint:

Hay yall. I have got to ho to bed, i have to be up at 430 for work. I will be checking in and poasting later on in the morning. I.just wsnt to say how thanjfull i am for everyons help. Yall arr in my prayers . Sweet dresms.everyone.

thank you so much for your inspirational words. since we only just found out about this yesterday and are being told he needs emergency surgery, it is all so very overwhelming. up until 2 days ago, Samson was a normal, happy, slurpy puppy. then 2 nights ago he started vomiting, but he was still acting normal, so we thought it was just a little upset tummy. but then all day yesterday he was still sick and finally started to refuse food and would only drink water if he was lying in my lap. when mike got home from work i told him we HAD to do something (and fast!) so we rushed him to the ER vet. At that point we had discovered some "interesting" things in his stool (including electrical chord, paper towels, and part of a blue shop rag). we went in to the vet thinking he had stuff stuck in his intestines that wasn't passing, and found out that he had something much more serious going on.

they kept him overnight, and this morning on my way to work i received the call that we need to act quickly or put him down. in hysterical tears i asked the doctor how she could ask me to kill my baby. i told her i would have to talk to mike first, because i knew i couldn't give the word to have my little Samson's life cut short. i called mike.. still quite hysterical, and he assured me that he would figure something out. He found a vet willing to do the surgery for half of the cost the original vet requested, picked him up and took him to the vet where he is currently being kept stable. everyone that works there have assured me that he is being very well taken care of, and that he is making the rounds with lots of kisses for everyone. it's still difficult for me to think about him and not burst into tears... i am so scared for my little guy, and won't rest well until I know that he is through with surgery and recovering.

again, I ask, from the bottom of my heart... anyone who has ANYTHING they can spare to help make a miracle for our family... PLEASE donate what you can, and spread the word to your friends and family. every little bit is appreciated!

Hi Mike and Lisa, omg i love your puppy...how cute is samson! your stories are wonderful and that is what we want to hear..we wnat to feel that connection! remember not everyone will post,but they are watching....so hang in there and i truly believe we CAN do this! Samson has alot of years ahead-so ANGELS please help this pup! these people here at imom are amazing human beings. keep your chin up high and we will be with you all the way...cheering you along!!!!!post ,post and repost......also if you can maybe make some posters about samsons story and see if local businesses are willing to put them up(like pet stores) my lil girl even went house to house on our street to tell of our Zoes story! try anything......we can do this!!!!:pawprint: :pawprint:

Angels...please be out there and reading this! I cant believe that vets do not have a system in place where they can do the old fashioned billing, so that the Main focus is on the pet and not the money they earn....now i understand it is their livelyhood and dont mean to sound disrespectful to them-but shouldnt it be easier to help our pets????these are pets that GOD has put onto this earth and deserve as much help as possible. I know first hand what it feels like to not habe the ability to pay for services and have to pray that my dog will be okay! so grateful to imom....angels....please help this lil baby!!!!! it is a hard situation to be in, and most of us have been there....wish the economy was different right now.and i understand Mike how stressful it can be ,being the main income...for i rely on my husband because i am disabled and cant work but an hour a day! It will be okay- i know we can do this!!

i agree completely! i asked someone earlier today, "if my child was sick and required an operation, but i couldn't afford to pay for the whole thing by the time they were released from the hospital, would you tell me to put them down?" unfortunately, people who don't have fur-family don't understand how important our pets are to us. my pups are my babies! i show off their pictures to my friends and co-workers as much as i show off pictures of my 2 legged kids. (actually MORE !!) even when the 1st vet wanted $3600, if they had been willing to take payments, i would have found a way to pay it back to have my samson healthy. and believe me, once all is said and done, and samson is home with us, recovered, healthy, and slobbery as ever, i WILL be paying it forward to others in need!

Angels...please be out there and reading this! I cant believe that vets do not have a system in place where they can do the old fashioned billing, so that the Main focus is on the pet and not the money they earn....now i understand it is their livelyhood and dont mean to sound disrespectful to them-but shouldnt it be easier to help our pets????these are pets that GOD has put onto this earth and deserve as much help as possible. I know first hand what it feels like to not habe the ability to pay for services and have to pray that my dog will be okay! so grateful to imom....angels....please help this lil baby!!!!! it is a hard situation to be in, and most of us have been there....wish the economy was different right now.and i understand Mike how stressful it can be ,being the main income...for i rely on my husband because i am disabled and cant work but an hour a day! It will be okay- i know we can do this!!

well, this mommy needs to get some sleep so i can be up bright and early rushing kids off to school and spreading the word on Samson's needs. Thanks again to all who have donated, and thanks in advance to everyone yet to donate!

Donation Update:

Samson now has $190 !!!! :waycool:

Thank you all so much for your generosity! I know we will reach our goal tomorrow, Samson is counting on us all.

See you in the morning.

Tammy-IMOM

thanks for the update! i may not sleep well, but i will rest tonight knowing that we are on our way to our goal! i want to thank everyone who has helped so far... i am so overwhelmed with emotions, and i want you all to know that your help is making this all a little less scary. Blessings to you all! Goodnight... til morning!post-9138-0-47442700-1334896435_thumb.jp meanwhile, here's a pic of samson meeting a hound dog for the first time at the dog park :)

Donation Update:

Samson now has $190 !!!! :waycool:

Thank you all so much for your generosity! I know we will reach our goal tomorrow, Samson is counting on us all.

See you in the morning.

Tammy-IMOM

Good morning. only about 8 hours til Samson will go in for surgery ... it is soo urgent that we get the funds together to help this little guy!

Samson is just about the sweetest, smartest little pup i've ever known. At 5 months old he is almost completely housebroken. this time of morning he is normally scampering through the house to get to the front door so he can go out and do his business. and when he's done, he still runs up to me for approval (i always give him TONS of praise for going outside!). it's amazing how much those little things are things i miss so much about him, and he's only been away for 2 nights. i don't want to have to miss a lifetime of Samson loving me, any more than i want to miss a lifetime of loving him. Please help bring my baby home!!

I could and should do without eating chocolate, too... well, maybe a little bit, but I defiantly can go a month without it.

Sending the money I would spend on chocolate, instead to help Samson. He'll have to learn there are things he shouldn't eat either, but let's get him well first.

Come on Angels, every penny counts.

post-9138-0-84357200-1334920841_thumb.jpI feel like i should tell you all that Samson is not just loved by our 2 legged family and friends, but also by or girl Princess. She has been moping around the last couple days looking for Samson... I'm not sure she understands why he's not here. From the day Samson came to be a part of our family, they have been practically inseparable. I can't tell you how many times I've walked into the room to find them snuggled up together, sitting together, or playing tug of war togetherpost-9138-0-20667500-1334920907_thumb.jp.... but i can try to show you.post-9138-0-42043600-1334920671_thumb.jp

Thanks for the support! I thank you on behalf of Samson and our family!

I could and should do without eating chocolate, too... well, maybe a little bit, but I defiantly can go a month without it.

Sending the money I would spend on chocolate, instead to help Samson. He'll have to learn there are things he shouldn't eat either, but let's get him well first.

Come on Angels, every penny counts.

Besides Princess and Samson we have 3 two-legged children. 2 girls aged 14 and 12 and a 10 year old son. Since the oldest was 8 they have been through a lot of loss (both of my parents are deceased from cancer), and although they are trying to be strong about this, since they know we're trying to raise the money to save him, I know it's taking a toll on all of them.

Our son has a high functioning form of Autism called Asperger's Syndrom (AS). He is very bright, but seriously lacking on a social/emotional level. He has emotions, but not like you and I think of a normal emotional response. Every time he's suffered a loss in his life, he regresses a few years on an emotional level, and then it's a fight and a journey to get him back to where he was. He has bonded with Samson (since he's the other "son" in the house), and truly thinks of him as his baby brother. This morning, on the way to his bus stop, he asked me if we had raised enough money to save Samson yet. I explained to him that we are still trying and that he shouldn't give up hope, but it broke my heart as I had to explain to him what could happen if we aren't able to raise enough money.

Please help us to bring Samson home healthy! I don't know if my son can handle another set back.

good morning rovers raiders...knew you would be out there helping(so very kind and generous)!!!!!!this pup really needs our help and we cant let him down! Awesome people on this site,is all i can say!