Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tammy L.

Edna Kinsey

8 posts in this topic

Thursday night we received a critical request for assistance.

Edna, a 5 yr old Pittie mix with a bullet wound, collapsed lung and blood clots. This girl needed an immediate Thoracotomy.

Edna was in trouble and needed help right away.

Thanks to our amazing donors who contribute to the General Fund, we were able to make a pledge of $500 towards the cost of treatment.

Edna's mama, Fani, will be along today to tell us all about her special girl and how she is recovering.

Thank you all for continuing to support IMOM and helping Pets In Need.

Tammy-IMOM

I just got off the phone with the vet, he is pleased with Edna's progress, but the next 24 hrs were critical and she was not out of the woods! They had to remove her entire left lung! The bullet, entered the top of her front left leg, traveled thru her lung and is sitting next to her stomach. I will post updates as I get them. I don't have any pics with me, but will try to get one as soon as I can, thank you everyone for your support, it truly helps at times like this to know there are good people out there!

Someone intentially let my dogs lose on my property and either a neighbor shot her, or it was dauvhters bf, since he is the one that let them loose! Doctor said she iz weak today, but doing well!

1333828186' post='122291']

Someone intentially let my dogs lose on my property and either a neighbor shot her, or it was dauvhters bf, since he is the one that let them loose! Doctor said she iz weak today, but doing well!

Edna is doing well, she has been up walking around, she is off the oxygen, but still has a chest tube for draining the fluid in her chest cavity, but all her stats are good and the staff there are giving her lots of love and attention. I am an over the road truck driver and had to get back to work, my sister has kindly volunteered to take care of her when she gets out of the hospital, until I get back at the end of the month. Will send updates as I can, as I don't always have Internet connections at my stops.

Edna has to go back in for emergency surgery, they did not remove the bullet last time and now they think it is damaging her liver.... Can't afford more surgery!

Hoping for a good update on Edna. Did she have her second surgery? Worrying...

Judy G.