Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Odi: Cat with Intestinal Blockage Needs Surgery

46 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Intestinal blockage

Low end of estimate: $1200

Less owner contribution: -$100

Needed for low end of estimate: $1100

4% of $1100 for IMOM operating expenses = $44

Our fund raising goal is $1144

Spayed or neutered: No, but it’s included in this surgery.

Caseworker: Kyle

REC'D AS OF 6:18pm CT 4/3/11: $657

odi_zaid.jpg

Odi is an 8 month old Tiger cat with an intestinal blockage. This is an urgent and life-threatening condition, and he needs a laparotomy right away.

Please help us help Odi, though a donation to his fundraiser. And please help by cross-posting, sharing, retweeting, etc. We need to get the word out far and wide, and fast.

To make a donation for this pet, please click here and mark your gift, “GF - Odi Zaid.”

IMOM’s email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org. Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

(Fund updates will be provided as time allows. Please do not write to the committee to ask for updates. We will do the best we can to keep them as current as possible)

Thank you very much.

Here is what Odi's mom said over in the introductions.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here hoping to get help for my kitten Odi. I don't know how much I'm supposed to write but, Odi came from nowhere, scared of everything but what HAS to be his twin brother. These guys are inseperable. We finally got him to trust us, and he's taken ill. I didn't want pets but, my granddaughter Leah fell in love and I figured they must have been sent here. Now I can't imagine living here without him.

I'm typing this without a fuzzy face in the screen, I come home & he's not at the door. He just lays around. I had a lot of people tell me to surrender him to the shelter and they'll "take care" of him but that just horrifies me. I had a good income when he first came into our lives but, times got a little tight. Again, I'm told I should surrender him to a shelter but, would you drop your child off to be euthanised because you had to live on a tight budget for awhile. Odi has become a part of our family, and he's already struggled through. I can't let him down now.

Thanks for reading this. I hope I have good news for you soon!!

Debbie

Tammy-IMOM

Diagnosis: Intestinal blockage

Low end of estimate: $1200

Less owner contribution: -$100

Needed for low end of estimate: $1100

4% of $1100 for IMOM operating expenses = $44

Our fund raising goal is $1144

Spayed or neutered: No, but it's included in this surgery.

Caseworker: Kyle

odi_zaid.jpg

Odi is an 8 month old Tiger cat with an intestinal blockage. This is an urgent and life-threatening condition, and he needs a laparotomy right away.

Please help us help Odi, though a donation to his fundraiser. And please help by cross-posting, sharing, retweeting, etc. We need to get the word out far and wide, and fast.

To make a donation for this pet, please click here and mark your gift, "GF - Odi Zaid."

IMOM's email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org. Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

(Fund updates will be provided as time allows. Please do not write to the committee to ask for updates. We will do the best we can to keep them as current as possible)

Thank you very much.

Thank You To Everyone in advance for helping my fuzzy one. In case you're wondering, he's the fat chubby one you can see all of. People wonder how I can tell them apart and it's easy. Just like twins, Odi was the playful one. That's my arm in the photo and he would often come and lay next to me, pulling my arm for playtime. Actually, Teddy came to snuggle & Odi came to smush him away!! I'm praying he'll be that happy, playful kitty again. Thank You again.

NEWS: $280 is the current total raised for Odi!

$864 more is needed!

I'm here! :) I'd love to be updating constantly so let's get some funds in. Odi needs surgery NOW....blockages are serious emergencies. :(

Thank you to all of you that have donated and helped spread the word for Odi!

To Donate: http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm Mark your donation for ODI!

Melissa/IMOM

Thank you everyone, we should have an update soon......I'll be back on in a few minutes.

Melissa/IMOM

NEWS: $430 has been raised! $714 more to go!

That's a great morning start. Thank you to everyone who has helped support Odi.

Melissa/IMOM

In honor of Melissa's Mr Precious and my own sweet grey tiger who had the same problem (and made it through just fine) I am sending in a donation for Odi. I hope he is all fixed up in time for Easter.

Ok IMOM Angels...let;s keep Melisssa busy updating.

Anyone know how to email this page to someone?

Kathy

NEWS: $535 has been raised for Odi! $609 left to be raised!

Blocked since Friday, we need to get moving......Let's keep this fund going so we can get Odi into surgery.

Thank you to everyone for donating and helping Odi.

Melissa/IMOM

To Donate:

http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

Mark your donation for ODI!

Hang in there Odi, help is on the way. I know the IMOM Angels and Magic will get you to AFR very soon

Note to Odi's Mom:

Contact Red Rover - http:/www.redrover.org

and tell them Odi's story- they often will come in with that last $100-$300 to get a pin to AFR... you are getting close, so see if they can help. When I got in touch for a kitty hurt in a fire, they called me back in less than an hour. If you don't hear back from them in an hour or so, try calling them.

They have people that pool money so they can donate small amount without fundraising...you have been vetted by IMOM, so that should make it even faster

Good luck

Kathy

Oh how I wish Odi could type.....

ok I spoke with the vet, and surgery could happen in 20 mins....or else not until tomorrow at 11am when they open. Since we are still short on funds, it is looking like tomorrow at 11am is the ultimate goal. Can we do it? I KNOW the IMOM ANGELS can do it.....lets just put our heads and hearts together, and make this happen for Odi.

I haven't heard back from the owner today....she's probably at work. Which is another reason I don't see the 20 min deadline happening.

Melissa/IMOM

So $609 is left to be raised and we have until 10am tomorrow ( that gives us enough time to get the letter of guar over to vet and to get Odi to the vet).

That is 19 hours. That is aprox $32.00 an hour that we need to raise.

Hmmmmm......

Melissa/IMOM

To Donate:

http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

Mark your donation for ODI!

Edited by Melissa IMOM

Hang in there Odi, help is on the way. I know the IMOM Angels and Magic will get you to AFR very soon

Note to Odi's Mom:

Contact Red Rover - http:/www.redrover.org

and tell them Odi's story- they often will come in with that last $100-$300 to get a pin to AFR... you are getting close, so see if they can help. When I got in touch for a kitty hurt in a fire, they called me back in less than an hour. If you don't hear back from them in an hour or so, try calling them.

They have people that pool money so they can donate small amount without fundraising...you have been vetted by IMOM, so that should make it even faster

Good luck

Kathy

Oh how I wish Odi could type.....

ok I spoke with the vet, and surgery could happen in 20 mins....or else not until tomorrow at 11am when they open. Since we are still short on funds, it is looking like tomorrow at 11am is the ultimate goal. Can we do it? I KNOW the IMOM ANGELS can do it.....lets just put our heads and hearts together, and make this happen for Odi.

I haven't heard back from the owner today....she's probably at work. Which is another reason I don't see the 20 min deadline happening.

Melissa/IMOM

I was at work, hating every minute of it today but I'll stay here now. I do have to take a break soon to get Leah but I'll be right back.