Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
DannyG

Yoda Giles

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am Danny Giles, and am happy to be a new member of the imom community. I want to assure everyone that the volunteers at imom are passionate about saving our best friends. For the las week, I have been frantically trying to get help for my "baby boy", YODA. Let me interrupt myself right here to explain something: When you e-mail imom, please don't do like I did, and send frantic e-mails. The volunteers have been wonderful!

I am a Disabled American Veteran; I served my country for 9 years, and my baby, Yoda has served me for 12! He now needs surgery to remove stones from his bladder, and I have accomplished more in the last day or two, than I did in a whole week of frantic e-mials. Everyone, pleae know that I pray for our best friends everyday; even before Yoda got sick.

I look forward to visiting with my fellow pet lovers. I am moving to Roseville, CA next weekend. Until then, I am using my daughter's e-mail address. May God bless America, her sons & daughters serving, and lets all pray that he will bless our nimals.

Nice to meet you Danny. And Kisses to Yoda. Tell her that your working on trying to help your boy as best as you can. Tell him to hang in there....

Melissa/IMOM

Diagnosis: Bladder Stones

IMOM Contribution: $800

Yoda Giles is a 12.5 yr ShihTzu with Bladder Stones! He is currently not doing well, swollen and in pain. IMOM was able to pledge (From our general emergency fund) the $800 that was needed for surgery tomorrow morning. Owner was able to raise the other $400 through other organizations. Yoda has been in this situation for a few days now, so it was critical that surgery happens tomorrow morning.

Owner wrote: We have had Yoda for 12 1/2 years, he is part of our family and is a great companion. we love him dearly and we want to do whats right for him by having the surgery for he has a lot of life left in him. How can anyone put down a family member that has so much life in them? please help us!!!

We want to say thank you to all of you that make this possible. This fund is so critical in these tough cases where there just isn't much time to fund raise.

To donate the general fund, please go to: http://www.imom.org/...on/index.htm#gf

If you want to donate directly to paypal you can use paypal@imom.orgas the email address to donate to. Just please put in a note that you want your funds directed to the general fund!

Melissa/IMOM

post-6025-0-15481700-1332360175_thumb.jp

Edited by Melissa IMOM

Nice to meet you Danny. And Kisses to Yoda. Tell her that your working on trying to help your boy as best as you can. Tell him to hang in there....

Melissa/IMOM

I (LaNett), my husband (Danny), Yoda, and on behalf of all animal lovers every where, want to thank all the Donors, and all the team members at IMoM again for all you have done. We cannot express our appreciation enough for what you all have done for Yoda. We thank God for all of you and may he Bless You All for what you have done. If without everyone working together Yoda "Our Baby Boy" would not have this chance to live.

We will never forget what all of you have done to help Yoda; in the future, if possible we will do for you, as you have done for us.

Yoda goes in for surgery tomorrow morning, he has to be there at 10:30 am, we will keep you all informed on his surgery, and recovery, please keep him in your prayers tonight & tomorrow. Thank You So Much!!!!!

God Bless!!!

LaNett, Danny & Yoda

I (LaNett), my husband (Danny), Yoda, and on behalf of all animal lovers every where, want to thank all the Donors, and all the team members at IMoM again for all you have done. We cannot express our appreciation enough for what you all have done for Yoda. We thank God for all of you and may he Bless You All for what you have done. If without everyone working together Yoda "Our Baby Boy" would not have this chance to live.

We will never forget what all of you have done to help Yoda; in the future, if possible we will do for you, as you have done for us.

Yoda goes in for surgery tomorrow morning, he has to be there at 10:30 am, we will keep you all informed on his surgery, and recovery, please keep him in your prayers tonight & tomorrow. Thank You So Much!!!!!

God Bless!!!

LaNett, Danny & Yoda

Good Luck Yoda!!! I pray everything from here on is much better for him.

~Brittany (Ceasar's mommy)~

Was so glad to see your posting in testimonials and to know that you and Yoda are doing well. Thanks for posting the picture of the two of you. Looks like you are great buddies.

I hope your posting means the move a few weeks back went well, and you are settling in to your new place.

It's nice to know IMOM and Red Rover were able to help you.

Good Luck Yoda!!! I pray everything from here on is much better for him.

~Brittany (Ceasar's mommy)~

Thank You, Brittany. We are doing pretty darn well! Yoda is on a urinary-diet food (Royal Canin "S/O"?). He is eating well, and spends a lot of time on my lap; he is even playing more each day. He is my baby, and even though Gypsy Girl (his sister) is learning how to take care of this old Disabled Veteran, she will never replace Yoda. He seems to know what we went through - he spends a lot of time giving me kisses and grooming (kissing) my arms. Thanks for your support & concern.

Danny

We recently received an update from Yoda’s dad. He wrote the following:

“Unfortunately in April I had to give YODA Back to God. It was one of the hardest things I've done in my life. I will never forget Yoda nor will I forget what IMOM did for us. I pray that day will come when I will be able to return the favor and help other animals in the same way you helped us. God bless you all for what you do! Sincere thanks Danny Giles” – “I really have a hard time talking about Yoda. Would you please post my thanks and my grievances for me? Please if you can let everyone know that I am NOT alone, I have my gypsy girl, Yoda's sister, who is now my legally certified PTSD Service Dog. As I said before she will never replace Yoda but she does make it a bit easier for me. God bless IMOM and everybody affiliated. Especially thank you for all the donors that gave my family and I a couple more years with my baby boy.”

We are so sad to learn of Yoda’s passing. We hope his dad finds some comfort in knowing he is now pain-free at Rainbow Bridge and that when he is ready, he can post on the forum. I know the IMOM Angels all understand and are here to provide support.

I am so sorry for your loss. Yoda will never be forgotten.

We all fell in love with her. Gentle hugs to you and yours.