Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tammy L.

Zoe Wilke - All Funds Raised!

478 posts in this topic

:biggrin: I am trying so hard not to forget anyone!Roberta for taking the challenge (WHEW) ...tigresmeow.Melissa...Vicky...Laurie....Bina and Peda ..catpaws...Jacki... snoognmonster(i am so sorry, i Thanked you on the previous page and called you snoopndog )...fem geek AND not to forget our Irish friends Raiders Rovers who put out that fantastic challenge (WOW) ..and for evryone meeting the challange! Again i am trying to remember each of you and there were soooooo many of you! Thank you sooo much!

And side note to my friend Judy, we can stop crying now, right !!!!:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh no, not done yet.....to Stacie and my new friends at North Royalton Animal hospital..Thank you for not only getting the word out, directing me to imom,but for putting up with all my phonecalls(where i couldnt stop crying)a nd mostly- for taking care of my Zoe...we will see you later!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning!

Sending posiitve thoughts and prayers for a totally SUCCESSFUL SURGERY today..

.

will be checking in all day for your update!!

I know you'll be worrying and the time is going to go in slow motion while you're waiting...we'll be here for you...

Edited by Judy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

before i take my daughter to school, it came to me that i was missing someone very important to thank. My daughter Madison! without her staying up late and making posters and suggesting that we take them door to door- i dont think we would have gotten as many donations....so to my girl-I LOVE YOU SOOO VERY MUCH! and THANK YOU!!!!

also, i ampleased to tell you that when i told my Zoe that she was going to go bye-byes today.....she jumped on me with her front paws and kissed me! she hasnt been able to do that for a week or so!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sending all the best to Zoe for successful surgery and smooth recovery. Time now to catch some zzzzzzzs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just dropped Zoe off at the Vet....she is having the first step done..which are thexrays,bloodwork,and culture. then when the test results get in we will do surgery-probably wednesday. unless they feel it cant wait any longer...going to try to take a nap.Thank you to all of you ANGELS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad to read that Zoe is at the vet getting the testing done...I hope that surgery can happen before Wednesday as we want her out of pain as quickly as possible but the vet will know exactly what is happening and that's what counts...

I'll keep checking in now to see if we have test results in, but I'm figuring later this afternoon...

Will Zoe come home tonight? While I"m thinking of it...just in case Zoe needs to spend the night...if the vet says it's OK (which I figure they will) bring a tee shirt from probably Maddy so when Zoe wakes up from surgery she will have Maddy's scent with her and know that she is not alone...

Sending positive thoughts that all is going just as we want it to...PERFECTLY...

I figure that Zoe will get on antibiotics if she isn't already and that will keep the infection at bay until surgery...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im glad to say-we just picked up Zoe from the vet...they said the dr. will call us tomorrow for the next step which is surgery. she did very well but is extremely tired! As soon as i know anything more, i will let you know as soon as i do. Thank you for the blankie thought...what a great idea-we will do that.!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

step one, today is over...will be on pins and needles until the test results come in...then step two is over...and we can move on to surgery.....

I am glad that the testing is past us...poor Zoe...of course she's tired...rough day without her family...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

waiting...worrying...waiting...worrying...waiting....worrying

need to hear the results on Zoe's testing...and hear what time surgery is going to be tomorrow....

I hope that if the clinic has not called soon you'll check in before they close...Zoe must fast by a certain time tonight...no food or water after a certain time...depending on the surgery time

Edited by Judy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

finally heard from the vet..most results are in.she wants Zoe to be on the antibiotics for one more week,and she is adding an anti inflammitory drug also. she said it is safer for her to be on the antibiotics since she is responding well to them. I told her i took off work and everything so i would be home with her and that everyone at imom, including me thought it would be tomorrow. she said i need to pick up the medicine tomorrow and watch her on it, then bring her back on tuesday of next week-yes, next week! to take a peek at her. the surgery is now scheduled (actually scheduled for thursday of next week)....she told me it is safer this way,to get as much of the mass shrunk as possible-so i have to listen and do what she says. i asked her why say it is an emergency-she said it is an emergency and she must have the surgery-but the recovery will be easier on Zoe if she remains on the antibiotic. I just got off the phone with her-the office closed at 7 and i had left three messages today. finally got the call-and just got off the phone with her! trust me,i worried all day as to what was going to happen. i have to trust in the vet- and what she says. does this sound right????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds right to me, but I'm not the expert. It makes logical sense to me to clear and minimize infection area, especially if it is responding to antibiotics, before opening and exposing the space to air. If only 3 inches need to be removed, that would sure beat 6 inches, right?

Sounds like the doctors wait until after office hours to catch up on the paperwork and "make their rounds". I know it's hard when you're waiting on the other end for the phone call.

Edited by CatPaws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you.. i will be in touch daily!!!i kinda miss you guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

. i asked her why say it is an emergency-she said it is an emergency and she must have the surgery-but the recovery will be easier on Zoe if she remains on the antibiotic.

The vet completed the information form on 3/6. At that time they believed that surgery could happen "first of the week" - which would have been last week. It appears the mass worsened during the week which made a longer antibiodic treatment necessary. It's disappointing for us and for Zoe's owners, and we wish it could be sooner too. But they would not have begun treatment at all had we not raised the funds so I'm glad we were able to make that happen yesterday.

Thanks to everyone for your patience,

Cindy/IMOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same experience recently....we were fixing cats and three of them had to wait due to respiratory infections...they said if they did the surgery while they were sick it would make it difficult for them to recover from the respiratory infection. The vet was afraid the cats might go into hepatic lipodosis (caused by not eating) which is expensive and difficult to cure.

good luck to Zoe and wishes for a speedy recovery

Kathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that it's disappointing that Zoe isn't have surgery tomorrow...BUT...she's being monitored and on antibiotics...and that will only improve the situation...MINUS the waiting...which none of us are good at...

Are you able to go back to work and then take off again next week, at least if she has the surgery on Thursday...you could be off on Friday and then you'll have the week end to watch her...and I'll bet that by Monday she will be in pretty decent shape...or, you might have to take Monday off also...but, the weather is supposed to be magnificient so you can look at the bright side...

We will all still be here...so...post every day...we can chat...and now we won't have to be stressed and worried...the end of her journey is near...an we can start a count down tomorrow...YAY...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am so sorry,our computer was down and my husband promised me i wouldnt have to go to the library...well sincethe library closes at nine and we still were not up and running-i am late! so very sorry. Zoe seems to be doing well with the antiinflammitory- no adverse reactions-whew! i agree, i want her to be strong for the surgery. i went in today and go into work on friday. i will need to be off thursday-i want to be there for her, and friday i can go in and pick her up after work(i only work 1hr a day)so it should be fine... the only bad thing is the vet doesnt want me taking her outside-so during these nice days ,she stares out the window!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

zoe is getting ornery...wants to go outside and play!!!! this is a good thing,however dr.doesnt want her out yet!!!so sad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to be strong when you know that Zoe wants out...but...we certainly don't want her to get some sort of infection going on...

Poor thing...she doesn't now any better...but Momma does...

IF we were having a normal winter no one would want to go outside...but it's amazing here...I think there is a chance of rain tomorrow so Zoe can watch it rain from a window...

Plus, her infection is clearing up due to the antibiotics so she's feeling better...

I am hoping that the time flies by from now until Thursday...or with luck they will schedule surgery for a little earlier...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zoe's Momma wrote such a beautiful testimonial that I thought you should all read it...here it is

"My friends, I cant believe such an amzing organization with soooo many amazing people exist..but fortunately for our Zoe it does. I didnt know what to expect or what would happen when i signed up to get my little dog the help she needs. When the vet told us we needed $2100.00- i started to cry and dint stop. How was i going to raise that amount of money in such a short period of time. Let me tell you- i never felt alone!!! So many imom friends stayed with me night and day, and guided me and kept me positive. There was one time i felt as though we werent going to raise the money-and the angels stepped in, and through some positive words of encouragement raised the final funds. I am beyond grateful! we need Zoe in our lives and I continue to tell people to donate to this wonderful site. Words cant explain my gratitude-but if you could of seen my daughters eyes when i told her the funds were raised, that was all it took. so again, thank you imom and we love you all! i will keep you updated on her surgery next week! "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I just checked over your post on what the vet has in mind...So, Tuesday you go in to get Zoe double checked and surgery is set for Thursday..with luck in the AM so I don't have to worry all day!!! I am so impatient when it comes to waiting for vet results...and I know you're going to be the same...

When the time gets closer I"ll remind you about the blanket or tee shirt to send to the clinic with Zoe...

I am glad that it has rained for a couple of days...Zoe won't be as "antsy" to get outside with the rain and gray skies...the week end and the first of next is supposed to be nice but...wait until you tell her she gets to go "bye-bye"....

Monday we'll start our countdown to surgery...I know you can't wait!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so judy...you are as patient as i am huh??????lol...... yeah-this should be fun! i am certainly glad i have your support. Can i ask a favor though...I know we are pet loving people and all- but it has been a bad day in our household. I had an asthma attack that put me in the e.r. today, and my husband grandma is not doing well.she is on her way home from Georgia and they are taking her to the e.r. also-prayers would be great right now-if our angels are still there, maybe they can say a prayer for our whole family. or perhaps an exorcism!!!!! keep us in mind-thank you all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello update for zoe she is doing fine however maryann is in the hospital here sugar was 600 this was after she had 2 breathing treatments this afternoon and an streirod injection due to an ashma attack. she was started on an insulin drip and move to icu she will be ok all this is precautionary measures. she will be home sometime in the morning. thank you all agian for your help. oh yeah zoe is still running into things because of the cone of shame and has become her loving self more and more this is all great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

prayers for your grandmother and for Maryann...hoping that she can even get home from the hospital this morning. I was just watching the news and the traffic in Cleveland due to the St. Patty's Day Parade sounds TERRIBLE...of course, you know the back routes so with luck Maryann will be home SOON...

It's terrible how one treatment can then upset others..but...they sound as if they are monitoring things really well, with a little time and patience Maryann will be home feeling totally well again...

Zoe will have to be a nurse maid to her Momma...

I am so glad that this didn't happen last week end...that would have been terrible...with all the stress and worry to get funding for Zoe Maryann didn't need that happening also...I'm hoping that next week end will be the beginning of an "all well" period...

Send her my wishes for a speedy recovery...it's SO beautiful already today...and tomorrow they are predicting rain...so I hope she can get out of the hospital early and enjoy some of this beautiful sunshine. Judy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am home and got attacked by both my puppies...loving every minute of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites