Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Jersey - Dog with HGE - Urgent!

53 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: HGE

Low end of estimate: $1381.86.

4% of low end, for IMOM operating expenses = $55.27

Our fund raising goal is $1437.13

Spayed or neutered: No

- Not medically possible until the pet is healthy.

Caseworker: Kyle

10:45am CST - Amount raised $290

Jersey is a 17 month old Husky Sheperd mix with Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis (HGE).

"Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis (HGE) in dogs is a sudden-onset episode of diarrhea, often very bloody in nature. Some dogs may vomit. The exact cause is unknown, but there are many theories. Stress may play a role in the development of HGE. This disease may affect any breed, gender, and age." Source: http://goo.gl/QShqB

We need to act quickly to make treatment possible tomorrow, Tuesday 2.21.2012.

To make a donation for this pet, please click here and mark your gift, “GF - Jersey Vasquez.”

We do not have a photo of this pet yet.

IMOM’s email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org. Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

(Fund updates will be provided as time allows. Please do not write to the committee to ask for updates. We will do the best we can to keep them as current as possible)

Thank you very much.

Edited by Cindy/IMOM

Isn't she beautiful? But she's been ill for several days and her mom couldn't afford to have her in the hospital. Jersey needs tests to determine the extent of her condition, and IV's and meds to keep her hydrated and fight the infection. IMOM pledged $1400 today to save two other pets, one who did not survive :(. We so want to assure Jersey does. Can you please help? Just click Save Jersey! , and give whatever you can - no donation is too small.

Thank you angels!

Cindy/IMOM

Jersey is normally a very energetic dog. It's so hard to see her like this. Hopefully we can bring her to the vet soon. She is taking her meds but today she did not eat or drink anything.

WELCOME to IMOM...what a beautiful girl...

IMOM is a wonderful place where miracles happen every day...

The best thing you can do for Jersey right now is to post, post and then keep posting...the IMOM angels are always reading...they don't always write but the do read all the time...

Tell stories about your girl...she is SO unique...in fact, she looks amazingly a lot like our sweet Rylee Jean...how did Jersey get her name? It's pretty neat...I'm wondering if you live in New Jersey...I have a lot of friends there...does Jersey have any brothers and sisters? What are her favorite toys? She looks like she's very active, does she like to play??

I know we need funding ASAP...did you contact

Red Rover (formerly United Animal Nation)

to see if they might be able to help...the more help the better...

here is a link of other places that might also have funding...it sure can't hurt to try...

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_pet.html

GOOD LUCK...I can't wait to see more posts about your girl...she is beautiful...Judy

Jersey has $195 which is about 15% of what's needed. We need a big push for this puppy. Please donate if you can, no matter how small - it all adds up. HELP JERSEY!! (<----click there to donate).

Thanks to all who have donated already. We appreciate you!

Cindy/IMOM

To expand a little on Kyle's description of HGE: Hemorrhagic gastroenteritis (HGE) is characterized by an acute onset of bloody diarrhea in formerly healthy dogs. Mortality (Death) is high in untreated dogs. The disease is often seen in dogs 2-4 yr old and is characterized by an acute onset of vomiting and bloody diarrhea, anorexia, and depression. Dogs are not clinically dehydrated, but unless fluid support is initiated, hypovolemic shock may develop.

Most dogs respond to supportive treatment, including fluid therapy (eg, lactated Ringer’s) and antibiotics. Potassium chloride is added to the IV fluids. Food and water should be withheld for 2-3 days.

Angels, this is a SERIOUS situation for Jersey. She has already gone days without treatment. She needs to be hospitalized and the fluids NEED to be started ASAP! HGE is not a case of simple bloody diarrhea! It is a life threatening disease! Please help Jersey! No donation is to small!

Chris :minichien6:

I hope we can get Jersey the money she needs. Shared on Facebook and gave a teensy donation.

To expand a little on Kyle's description of HGE: Hemorrhagic gastroenteritis (HGE) is characterized by an acute onset of bloody diarrhea in formerly healthy dogs. Mortality (Death) is high in untreated dogs. The disease is often seen in dogs 2-4 yr old and is characterized by an acute onset of vomiting and bloody diarrhea, anorexia, and depression. Dogs are not clinically dehydrated, but unless fluid support is initiated, hypovolemic shock may develop.

Most dogs respond to supportive treatment, including fluid therapy (eg, lactated Ringer's) and antibiotics. Potassium chloride is added to the IV fluids. Food and water should be withheld for 2-3 days.

Angels, this is a SERIOUS situation for Jersey. She has already gone days without treatment. She needs to be hospitalized and the fluids NEED to be started ASAP! HGE is not a case of simple bloody diarrhea! It is a life threatening disease! Please help Jersey! No donation is to small!

Chris, thanks for the detailed info!

And thank you to everyone that has donated, cross posted and shared Jersey. Every $ counts to help Jersey get into the vet, where he really needs to be.

To Donate: http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

To share: http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=8266

Kisses to Jersey....she's sure a beauty! Hope she can get treatment soon.

Melissa/IMOM

Celayne, teensy donations all add up! Thank you! Jersey deserves a chance to live a full and happy life. A lot of times, people do not realize just how life threatening this disease is.

A number of years ago, I had a foster dog who was a happy, bouncy girl that appeared to be perfectly healthy when I went to work one morning. When I came home for lunch 4 hours later, I was greeted with a pool of blood on the living room floor. The poor little girl was laying on her bed and never lifted her head let alone come to greet me. I scooped her up and ran her back to work where she was immediately diagnosed with HGE and treatment was started. She was 6 years old at the time and honestly, it was touch and go for the first couple of days! She made a full recovery and went on to be adopted into an excellent family. I can imagine what Jersey's mom is going through right now, waiting and hoping that the funds come in to treat her baby girl.

I can't stress enough how vital it is for Jersey to start treatment today. Thank you to all the Angels that come to her aid!

Thanks to everyone out there who has helped. Jersey is hanging in there. She hasn't eaten in 2 days now. I can see she is getting a little aggressive now. Is this normal? I try to feed her baby food and give her water but she growls and shows teeth. It's a little scary. We have only had jersey for one year. But we love her sooooo much. She is very playful and energetic. I feel like I was always yelling at her to calm down. But I told her of she gets better I will not get mad at her again. We had a visitor yesterday and she got up and went to sniff them. Tail wagging and all!! That lasted two minutes then back to her cage she went to sleep. It gave us a little hope.

I've had dogs pretty much all my life and I've never heard of this illness before. I really hope Jersey will be able to start treatments today.

A number of years ago, I had a foster dog who was a happy, bouncy girl that appeared to be perfectly healthy when I went to work one morning. When I came home for lunch 4 hours later, I was greeted with a pool of blood on the living room floor. The poor little girl was laying on her bed and never lifted her head let alone come to greet me. I scooped her up and ran her back to work where she was immediately diagnosed with HGE and treatment was started. She was 6 years old at the time and honestly, it was touch and go for the first couple of days! She made a full recovery and went on to be adopted into an excellent family. I can imagine what Jersey's mom is going through right now, waiting and hoping that the funds come in to treat her baby girl.

I can't stress enough how vital it is for Jersey to start treatment today. Thank you to all the Angels that come to her aid!

When dogs don't feel good and don't want to eat, they get tired of us trying to shove it in their faces. They don't care that we do it with the best of intentions. :)

I've been amazed at how this community can pull in funds to help people's beloved pets. I've got my fingers crossed that you will be able to take Jersey into the clinic soon!

Edited by Melissa IMOM
removed previous post

Ah Jersey doesn't feel good, I can't blame her for showing some teeth. She's miserable. Her safe haven is her cage. I can completely understand. Keep hanging in there, and trying.

IMOM Angels share far and wide, as Jersey needs help and FAST. She has been ill for days now.... :(

To share:

http://www.imom.org/...?showtopic=8266

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM

I agree that Jersey doesn't feel well and she is telling you that she wants to rest and be left alone...

I saw a post on IMOM's Facebook wall that there was going to be a fund raiser for Jersey last night? Did that happen? If so, how did it go??

How did Jersey get her name? It's neat...where did you get her??

Yes we live in north Jersey....... The kids picked out her name. Jersey was a surprise Xmas present for them. She loves to play with toys. She loves her tennis ball and her rope. She brings them to us and drops it on our laps. She won't leave your side until you play with her.

I was given jersey for free from a Dr. Where I used to work. They new I wanted to get a puppy.

Jersey, where in North Jersey do you live? I make trips a couple of times a year to Wayne and have many friends in the area?

I can just see Jersey playing with her toys...she is SO cute...

IMOM angels...Jersey needs to feel well...she's have terrible trouble and needs to be monitored with IV fluids at the vet clinic...we need to help and we need to help now...

She's also got kids that she needs to take care of...

Can we SHARE, CROSS POST and DONATE if we can...she needs us NOW...Please...

Jersey, when I go home I'm going to post my Rylee's photo (if I can) you can see how much they look alike...and we have a collie with one blue eye like Jersey's...

Jersey's Mom, the change in her attitude is not a good sign. There are a couple things that come to mind that can cause a change of attitude/mentation. Please call your vet and see if there is ANYTHING they can do to get Jersey started on fluids while we are trying to raise the full amount (Talk to your IMOM caseworker about that first) and stop trying to feed her. Also try to explain to the kids that they need to let her rest and keep them away from her.

Angels, please.............If you are considering making a donation to Jersey, NOW would be an ideal time! This little girl needs help today. Hang In There Jersey! IMOM Angels have worked miracles before and I bet the Angels can do it again!

Edited by gdane3

Jersey vomited yellow "stuff". Not sure what this means. I found a vet who will take payments. After calling like 20 vets. I was thinking about taking jersey to get looked at again. I emailed my case worker to see what he thinks. I just don't know what to do anymore

NEWS: $365 has been raise for Jersey!!! $1072 is all that is left to go!!!

Melissa/IMOM

Thanks so much for all the donations. My family and I really appreciate it. So does Jersey!!!!!

Keep checking your email box, for email from IMOM please.

Thanks!

Melissa/IMOM

Thanks for being proactive and finding a vet who will take payments. Hang in there!