Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tammy L.

Oz Hill

86 posts in this topic

I had a feeling that Oz would be a good boy after surgery...something just told me that...

Hoping that tomorrow is an even better day...

Have you decided which food you are going to try for Oz? I am with Donna's thinking...if there is a major price difference I would start out with the least expensive of the two...

Can't wait to see the next update on our buddy...Judy

Oz has been doing really well. You wouldnt even known that he had a surgery. And the doctor did such a great job, that I can hardly see where the sutures are. I got him the royal canin SO food. There wasnt much of a price differance between the two. Maybe a dollar or two. I just got a small bag for the time being. I didnt want to get him a gaint bag and have him not like it. I'm slowly switching his food so he doesnt get diarrhea. but the little bit of the food he has had, he seemed to like. (He really liked the wet food I got him for his pills since he cant have anything else to hide the pills in.) He doesnt seem bothered by much at all. Just my same old Oz.

He had my daughter laughing today. She was sitting on my lap and he came over and started licking her arm. I don't know why she thinks it funny when he licks her, but it makes her giggle everytime. Then before bed she blew him kisses good night. She is such an animal lover. Her favorite books have either animals or elmo in them. Hopefully Oz will be around for a while for her.

Well, I'm off to sleep. Good night all.

I'm really glad Oz got to All Funds Raised and had his surgery. As usual, I am prowling around a few days late. Guess I was preoccupied with Guy's bridge anniversary. I will make my Oz donation to the general fund. Oz's Dad, you sound like a good pet dad and I hope you start getting lots of good luck in every part of life.

Best wishes,

Mike, LBK Lola and the cute angel Guy

Oz seems to be having some issues with getting into position to poop. I think it must be a little difficult to push because he'll start to, and then move and then start and then move. He is pooping it just seems to bother him. He does have a little bruising now but I'm pretty sure thats normal. Otherwise he seems to be doing great.

Mike, thank you for the donation on behalf of Oz. I think this site and the people here are amazing and am glad to know that another pet will be helped. With the economy how it is, I know it must be hard for an organization like this to keep afloat while trying to help so many people and pets who are down on their luck. I hope that in the future, once my own situation gets better, I can help someone else who needs it.

And I just want to say thank you again to everyone who donated, prayed for or even just had Oz in their thoughts. It means a lot to me. To know that there are people out there, who dont even know me, but are will to help is really refreshing in this selfabsorbed world.

Oz is still doing well. He doing so well, that he has started being naughty and getting on the couch so he can look out the window. Still trying to teach my daughter to not feed him her food. Last night he got a nibble of her kix cereal. Seems like everything is getting back to normal now though...

Oh, it's great to hear Oz is starting to be naughty!!! I always know when my 2 puppers are sick and then start being little stinkers again that they are on the road to recovery.

Keep it up Oz!!

Since Oz is doing well, we are pleased to move him on over to Happy Endings. :dogsled:

Thank you again to all those who made this possible. We simply couldn't do this without all of you.

:hugs:

We wish Oz a complete recovery and a wonderful future!

Tammy-IMOM

wooooo hoooo !!!!! Sounds like Oz is starting to feel better !!!!! :wub::biggrin::wub: SOOOO happy to hear it Dad !!!!! Sweet baby ... sounds like Oz is hers and "he" is hers -- and just the best !! Even if he's trying to be a stinker. How's he doing with the "Special Diet" ?? Hopefully he's still liking it alright and hasn't gotten "finicky" on you like my boy has a tendency to do sometimes.

We've had Red Flag Warning this weekend ... been drier than than the desert. *ugh* Plus warm ... but the temps are "supposed" to cool down ... got us 'both' drinking LOTS of water. And he's lost interest in his dry food. :( Oh well ...

Please make sure you give Oz LOTS of special HUGS from me and Bandit ... and give that little adorable one LOTS of kisses from me too.

Tammy is SOOOOO right .....ALL the IMOM ANGELS are AWESOME !!!!!!!!

:hugs: to you too ~

Can't wait to hear him getting better every day !!!!!! :wub:

Luv,

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:

Hoping to hear that Oz had a good day today...I think that the bruising is common as he had a lot of trauma with surgery and stitches...

I am sure that is why he's uncomfortable going potty...each day should get better and better...can't wait to hear the next update. Judy

Oz is still doing well. My newest problem is keeping him off the couch. He thinks he's a cat and he tries to sit on the back of the couch to look out the window like a cat. The problem is, he's not suppose to be jumping. I think I'm going to have to start putting laundry baskets on the seats so he wont get up there when I'm not around. He only does it when either I'm not looking or when I leave the house.

As for the potty thing, I think it was the having to put pressure on his abdomen to push and after having his abdomen cut open, it didnt feel all that nice.

I'm very thankful, he is not a picky eatter. He has had no problems with the new food. I dont think he stops to taste his food. It just goes down in gulps.

Sorry for the short post. I'm way behind on school work with all that has gone on lately and have a TON of assignments to get done! I'll post more tomorrow. Good night all!

Thank you so much for letting all us Oz fans know how he's doing. It sounds like he's getting back to normal. I'm a cat person, but I know that when mine starts acting slightly naughty, it means she feels better.

Hugs and kisses to you and Oz and your family.