Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy/IMOM

Luna Alvarez needs surgery for bladder stones

72 posts in this topic

I've been thinking abt Luna all day. I had forgotten to ask if she was spending the night at the vet's...I am glad she is.

I went thru this with a mini I had many years ago. They sent Boomer home with me the same day, and I think it was a mistake-he felt like he had to urinate abt every 10 minutes, and he was a little guy who tried so hard to not have any accidents that I think it caused more pain. I am glad for Luna's comfort that the first night she will stay in the hospital where she will have good pain control.

We are anxious for wiggle butts as she is recovering!

Hugs,

Cindy and the boyz

IMOM angels:

Update on Luna. She was in surgery for a while but when I called about 3:15 pm, they said she was in recovery. I was told by Susan one of the ladies that the stones are crystal like and that she had so many that the doctor was amazed she survived this long. They pulled out sand like substance, pearl like rocks and some the size of the large marbles and small ones.

Luna was marvelous during surgery as per Susan. Luna will be coming home to me tomorrow after 9:00 am according to Susan as long as her night goes well. I am praying for her. I went looking for her today because in the computer office I have a bed for her but she was missing. I miss her and tonight I will sleep but will not be hearing her snoring which puts me to sleep. She is my tinker for sleeping.

I requested the stones so I can take pictures and post for you to see what she was carrying around all this time. I will also take a picture of how they shaved her and stiched her up.

I want to thank all for being in this with us. I will remember this forever. As a member, I will keep in contact with all even after so we can chat and talk about our furry friends. I love talking and showing what Luna does. She is a joy and I wish each and everyone could meet her in person.

The family I live with loves her an miss her too. The 16 year old states, awh now I can not play with her for a while.Luna is so energetic and loves to play. She is very protective of who is around her. I look for a speedy, clean and joyous recovery for her.

The vet also will give me the food that she can eat so that she does not have this problem again. I am so happy and glad that Luna has won everyone heart. Like I said, she is a handful but a joy to have and be around. I love her so much.

Thank you lord for all the friends that have come together to help us and for all the new friends that Luna has acquired through IMOM. I send all the brothers and sisters a WBD on Luna's behalf and hugs to the guardian angels who made this possible.

Thank you all again. Have a great night and will post when my baby comes home.

Luna and Providencia :wbd3:

Providencia, I want you to know that you have been one of the BEST PINs ever...your love for Luna is so strong and wonderful, you can just read it in all the words you write...

You are just a perfect example of what a person is supposed to do...you have posted, updated and you worked so hard to get your girl help...and the reason you did it was just because you loved her...

THANK YOU for being such a wonderful part of IMOM...you have shared yourself and your wonderful little dog with us and it's been so wonderful...

I am thrilled that Luna is out of surgery and resting...and that tomorrow she will be back home with you where she belongs...

I am so happy that you want to stay part of IMOM...Judy

I hope u are in ur mommy's arms tonight Luna.

The boyz and I want u both to have sweet dreams.

Hugs!

Dear IMOM guardians:

Sorry it took long, I called this morning and Luna was not herself and all she wanted to do is sleep, so I decided to leave her at the vet until I did my errands and then go pick her up.

At 4:15 pm, I went to get her and she gave me a :wbd3: and it was a joy to see her move so swiftly after what she went through. My little Luna was very happy to see her mommy and friends who went with me to get her.

I was also given food recommended by the doctor for her. It is the CD food which takes control of this issue and she will have to eat that food for the rest of her life. I am sure she will get used to it. She was also issued sme meds for the next 7 days and her stiches come off in the next 7 to 10 days if all goes well.

Luna is now still a bit glassy eye an I gave her water and some food and put her in a bed I cleaned and prepared just for her to be relaxed.

She is a handful now. I am glad they game me the cone to use so she does not go after the stiches. I will maintain a watch until I know my little girl is her little self again.

She did urinate some blood but I was told that is going to be expected for a day or so but the joy to watch her urinate a big puddle brought tears to my eyes. I have not see that in the past 3 months and now I see an easy flow. She still has that, "I still have full bladder effect" but in time she will not try to strain so much and be herself in that too.

The surgery is a great success and I m truly grateful to all who joined in and help this come through from the beginning to the end.

I also thank the other company who assisted in this too. I will be forever grateful to both companies who put themselves out there to help total strangers, but gain the confidence and hearts of all including the animals.

Luna sends all a big W.B.D and she is lucky to have me help her have a full recovery. Thanks you for all the prayers because they always come in handy a loved one is under the knife for a special reason. Life is precious and I know that it is definitely to me.

Big hugs from the mommy to all and thank you once again for all the kind words and support and I am glad to be part of the IMOM family and will do my best to give special thoughts and support to all the other animals who are still in need.

Good night and attached are pictures of Luna. Unable to take a picture of the stones but I know and Luna knows that the surgery was a success.

Luna and Providencia :banana::claphands::bravo::closed::pp_animal_362::thanks3:

post-8540-0-74392100-1326843810_thumb.jppost-8540-0-32624600-1326843813_thumb.jppost-8540-0-49764600-1326843814_thumb.jp

Luna's little tummy is looking pretty darn good!!! And I know that you are going to be a great nurse to her...

Hoping that today she spent a lot of time resting...that's the best thing she can do right now...Hoping for a great report when you check in. Judy

Edited by Judy

Awwww little Luna I bet u hate that darn collar...but it's for ur own good so u don't rip out ur sutures or staples. I know how it just takes seconds to lick or hurt ur incision-but don't worry u will be rid of it before u know it.

Tuck and Justice said to tell u that u sure look awfully cute with that ole collar.

We all hope ur WBD's will happen more and more. It has to feel so good to have all those nasty stones out of u!!

Hugs to u Providencia, and please give Luna some gentle hugs from us.

Hugs,

Cindy

Edited by k9sign

Hi IMOM angels and family:

Late posting because luna was sleeping most of the day and I just woke her up again to eat. She is surely sleeping well. I walked her and all looks good. She still has that "full feeling in the bladder" and she also has like a bit of trouble walking with her hind legs so I called the vet.

Susan told me that the hind legs issue is from when she was tied down during surgery to avoid movement and her muscles might be sore. She said that she would be fine in a couple of days. I am to give her some children's bayer for a few days and that should help.

I have put some baby lotion on her tommy to avoid dry skin since she is so shaved. It is to avoid tightness. She tries to run from me she I put on the rubber gloves. I put them on so she does not get any infections and it is a safety feature.

In a few days she will be her old self again. I put the cone on at night mostly because I can not watch her while I am asleep. She is pretty good about trying to go after the sutures but one can not be too careful.

Well, this is all for now. I post towards the end of the day so it give me time to see what Luna is doings at t beginning.

Day one at home is success and luna is doing fine.

Also, today is her birthday and she is 7 yrs old. :bdayrose: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET LITTLE GIRL WHOM I LOVE SO MUCH.

Good nite until the next posting. Hugs and w.b.d. to all

Providencia and Luna

HAPPY 7th BURFDAY LUNA!!!

We are so glad that u alreedy haff ur surgery and ares feeling sooo much better. We hopes u gets some toys and treats for ur burfday-we knows u will gets lots of snuggles and hugs from ur mama.

Love, ur brothers, Tucker and Justice (our mommy sends love too!)

Well another day has come and is almost gone and Luna is doing well.

She is urinating good and she actually ate good today compared to the last two days. She is sleeping well but at times she runs out of her bed scared and I go and get her and tell her all is okay.

I know that this process is going to be long. Tonight she is sleeping next to me and I will cradle her gently to assure her that she is going to be fine.

She is so cute that I am afraid of hugging her tight right now, but I do not worry. When she is so much better and the sutures are out, I will reward her with many great hugs from all and from me too for a job well done.

Take care and good night. I am going to call it a day and cuddle with my little Luna.

Hugs to all

Luna (sends lots of w.b.d)

Providencia sends hugs to all for caring

Update:

My litte luna was very active today. She started to play like a little puppy and I had to ask her to stop for a bit. She was so adorable.

She is feeling much better and eating and urination is getting back on schedule. She is sleeping great and gets up and barks at me to let me know she needs to go out and I walk her and she is in her glory.

It is great to see her back to who she is.

Thank you so much and I tell you, the thanks can go on because of the help and quick response that was received. I am still amazed but we all need a helping hand.

Good nite note:

Everyone have a great night and cuddle with your furry ones. It is hard to know when the little ones are sick and we suffer with them.

Hugs and w.b.d. to all from Luna and Providencia

Edited by Providencia

How wonderful that Luna is feeling so much better-I am glad I popped in to get this good news tonight.

Tuck and Justice hope Luna is handling her collar OK, and that u both have more sweet dreams tonight.

Hugs!

Cindy

Update:

Luna is doing great. She no longer wears the cone, or pink pull ups and she is eating normally. She has her energy back and is very playful.

She will be getting the sutures out on Wednesday morning. She is urinating normally without that sensation I am still full bladder effect.

She is my little munchskin and back to herself. Thanks again and we are going to the happy endings section soon.

Take care. Miss Luna and Providencia :wbd3: to all

What a wonderful update on little Luna.

I know she will feel even better when the sutures come out, so she will be wigglin' that butt and singing even more after Wednesday.

:wbd3:

Hugs,

Cindy, Tuck and Justice

Update:

Luna went for a car ride today and she is definitely her cute little self again.

I called the vet and they recommended that Luna sutures be removed on Saturday morning instead of Wednesday because of the location and the seriousness of the operation.

I told them that would be great and I will take her in on Saturday morning and this way a few more days is a safe way to go. I really do not want anything happening to miss Luna.

She is sleeping well and still eating well.

Luna send her hello and a big w.b.d. to Tucker and Justice her two found brothers who helped her through this and thanks to all the IMOM guardian angels. Luna send you a big w.b.d and a bow wow thank you.

Take care and until the next posting. Luna and Providencia bid everyone and safe, peaceful and pleasantly relaxing good night.

I'm so sorry I haven't been here since u posted Monday-been dealing with some medical issues with Tuck. But I am SO happy to know that his little sister Luna is doing so well.

I had hoped she would get her sutures out today- in fact I was thinking abt her while I had Tuck at the neurologist's today. But...Saturday will be here before you know it, and gosh it will feel great getting those ole sutures out!!

The boyz and I am thrilled that Luna is having WBD's and they send their love, as do I.

sweet dreams to u both!

Hugs,

Cindy

Come visit Luna's topic in her new home in Happy Endings! :dogsled:

Cindy/IMOM

I am SO HAPPY to see Luna at happy endings...this is where everyone wants to be!!!

I agree with you that a few more days of keeping her stitches in is a good thing...better to be safe than sorry....

I know that Luna enjoyed her car ride...and soon she's going to be 100% her old, happy, healthy self...BRAVO to a job well done...Judy

Thank you all. I will post a picture of her without the sutures on the weekend. I am glad that I found you all and so is Luna. I will keep in touch.

Luna and Providencia

Today I must say is the happiest day. Luna went to the vet in the morning. She was wagging her nub like she knew that something good was going to happen. When she saw her vet doctor she was wagging her nub. When she came back out to me, I received the greatest news. Luna has a clean bill of health and she can go be herself now. She came back into the vet waiting area wiggling her nub, then her butt and then she just wiggled her body and I started to laugh with the nurse who brought her back to me. I said, oh yeah, she is happy and this I must say came out just for all the guardian angels from IMOM who were there all the way for us.

To Luna's big brothers, I know you are not feeling well, but I am sending you my w.b.d so now you can feel better. CindyI will be thinking of Tucker an Justice and give them great big hugs from both me and Luna. We know they are strong and I know that the mini schnausers are very loving and will pull through in tough times.

Take care and Judy and all the IMOM guardian angels, we will keep praying that all the other pets in need get everything they need to make it through and have happy endings just like Luna. I love all animals and I wish the very best to all.

Thank you, Thank you and will continue to keep in touch.

Luna and Providencia Alvarez

I am so, so happy our little girl has her wiggle butt back!!

I would love to see some more pics of Luna sometime. hint. lol.

I posted a reply a few days ago to the post u wrote in the Monthly Sponsor forum abt the garage sale and donating to the boyz. You have no idea what that means to me. Plus it came when I was filled with sadness becuz Tucker's littermate/sister went to The Bridge last Thursday, and ur post just helped in my grief. Abbie was absolutely healthy whereas Tuck has so many health issues-it was a shock when they found a massive tumor on her liver and that same day we needed to let her go becuz her pain was so extreme. We were and still are shocked.

But it touched my heart to read ur post abt the garage sale and thinking abt Tuck and Justice.

Please, please give Tuck and Justice's baby soul sister a gentle hug from me and the boyz.

Hugs,

Cindy

Thank u from the bottom of my heart for donating to both Tuck and Justice. You have no idea how much u have touched me with ur generosity and love. :wub:

I am so glad that Luna is eating her new food, and is a pain free little WB girl again.

Please give Luna a hug from me, Tuck and Justice.

Hugs and love,

Cindy