Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Rasta: Pyometra, Surgery Needed ASAP

115 posts in this topic

That just made me smile from ear to ear because you knew I was watching.....wink....

Rasta- you have Angel Kitty Kitty and his Mommy watching over you . Everything is going to be just fine.

Way to go, IMOM Angels...

Kathy

I was just able to get online and can't wait for the next update! Praying Rasta is doing better! What were the complications? Please keep us updated as we all get emotionally involved. It is like a closure needing to happen! Thoughts are with you!

Hope and Angel Kitty Kitty

Picking Rasta up now!! We should be home soon. So excited to see her! Thanks guys for the great energy and encouraging words. Oh and the generous contributions. :)

Big hugs and kisses to you ALL!

Oh, the complications were her reaction to the anestetia (sp). But all is well. She is awake and her temp is normal.

I can't wait for Rasta to get home where she belongs...she's going to need to be kept quiet for a few days to get anesthetic out of her system and she'll need to make sure that she can't chew on her sutures...

See if the clinic is going to send an e-collar home with her...that should help some...

I hope she'll be a good girl and leave them alone...she should be kind of worn out the first few days but after that she's going to start feeling like her old self again...

YAY RAH...surgery over...now it's just recovery...what a Christmas gift!!! Please, Please keep us posted on her progress...Judy

What a challenge getting her in and out of the car. She is miserable and so am I. :(

I was worried when I read that Rasta was still in recovery and then coming home...you must remember she was thru A LOT yesterday...and with a later surgery she was pretty much out of it...

Poor girl...plus, she's a big girl...so I imagine you were really struggling with her as she wouldn't have been able to help you much...

But...she's going to be getting better and better every day...today might be a little tough but tomorrow will be better...

And, she needs to be quiet for a few days so that's a good thing...I imagine that she will be sleeping alot..which is a good thing.

I hope the vet gave you some pain medication at least for a couple of days...

Judy

Rasta did not sleep at all last night. She refused to lay on her belly. I was finally able to give her some pain meds this morning, so she is resting now. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

I know it's tough to get them to take their meds...our girls are terrible about that...

I use CREAM CHEESE...whipped is the easiest but the brick works nicely...they also LOVE the cheese than starts with an N...neufachel (sp)...

I cut the pill in half...make them sit like they are getting a treat...the pill is inside a little ball of cream cheese...they swallow it whole...

SO glad Rasta is a bit better this morning...hang in there...things are only going to get better...Judy

So happy Rasta is home again. For helping her get around, you might try (if it is ok to do this) using a towel to help her hold herself up...you put the towel under her belly and hold up the two ends over the top of her body. Think of a body sling...probably best to check with the vet before you try this...

Anesthesia is one of the more difficult parts of surgery and takes time to clear the system. If you have ever had any kind of abdominal surgery, you can still remember how it felt (ouch)...

I hope Rasta feels a lot better soon

Kathy

Wagging tails are always a good sign, especially after surgery for a condition this life threatening. Anesthesia takes a good 3 days to completely clear, so sleeping and resting is also a good sign the body is working to heal.

Have a peaceful Christmas!