Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Rasta: Pyometra, Surgery Needed ASAP

115 posts in this topic

Surgery is scheduled for 6a. It was too late to get her in tonight. A BILLION THANKS TO YOU ALL!

I am stil in awe of this miracle. I can;t stop crying!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Surgery is scheduled for 6a. It was too late to get her in tonight. A BILLION THANKS TO YOU ALL!

I am so happy for Rasta and you. I know it will be a complete recovery. Thank you so much angels. You Rock!!!

Sending prayer and hugs to you all

Merry Christmas

Rose

Edited by rocody

I really was hoping to get her in today. Time is always of the essence in these situations.

I know Christine. I will just continue to pray over her tonight. What a milestone!

How is she doing right now? 6 am is only 14 hours away EST.

That's not too bad.....

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM

Rasta- you have Angel Kitty Kitty and his Mommy watching over you . Everything is going to be just fine.

Way to go, IMOM Angels...

Kathy

Oh, dear. Pyometra is an unpredictable and dangerous infection. Things can turn bad so quickly and then the dog is suddenly much weaker for surgery. Is there no 24-hour emergency clinic in the area that will work with IMOM?

All best,

Michele

Since Rasta's surgery is so early...what time did they say NO MORE food or water??

She has to have an empty stomach for surgery...AND...just in case she has to spend the night...take a towel or tee shirt with either your scent or your daughters so she will know that her family is with her...

COUNTING the minutes until 6 am.....Judy

Did the vet say whether this was an "open" pyometra, where there is a discharge? Open pyo is not quite as time-sensitive as "closed" pyo, because some of the pus is draining out of the uterus. (Sorry if that sounds gross!) Closed pyometra is much worse because there's no drainage, so the uterus keeps filling up with every passing minute. This is a true medical emergency.

No more food or water after midnight. Which is not a problem becuase she is not really eating. :( But she is doing okay. Not alot of movement but she is on pain killers.

I am not sure if it is open or closed. That worries me. I am about to call the vet again.

Extra special prayers for you and Rasta tonight...

I am an early bird so I'll be starting my morning ride to work with my regular prayers and an extra word or two for Rasta...

Great job today...this girl has an important job to do, so I hope she gets home soon...can't wait for you to say that all is well and she's in recovery.

Sent a few bucks for your girl. I sure hope she gets to spend Christmas with you infection free! :)

I wasn't aware of spaying either, and my girl is 9!! A few years ago we had found a place to do it for cheaper than the vet... then we heard that those places can do a hack job and don't do much for pain management so we backed out. I thought we were fine since she's an inside dog and never goes out of our sight. Live and learn. :)

Keep posting cute stories about your girl, and pictures if you can. The angels out there will get her taken care of. :)

Checking in the AM to make sure that Rasta is at the vet and surgery has either begun or will SOON.....

Positive thoughts and prayers for a total success and the word that she is out of surgery and in recovery...

What a tremendous Christmas gift to you and your daughter...Judy

Rasta is at the vet and in surgery. Now the hard part....waiting. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers.

XOXO

Extra special prayers for you and Rasta tonight...

I am an early bird so I'll be starting my morning ride to work with my regular prayers and an extra word or two for Rasta...

Great job today...this girl has an important job to do, so I hope she gets home soon...can't wait for you to say that all is well and she's in recovery.

Praying for Rasta and a complete recovery

Rose

I sure wish Rasta's mom would post something. I've been checking in periodically all day. Has anyone heard anything?

I'm with you.... Wondering if maybe she lost track of where the thread was since it's moved to AFR. Sure hope Rasta is recovering and feeling better than she did yesterday.

There was some complications with the surgery. She is still in recovery. I will post back in an hour. Very worried. Please keep positive thoughts coming.

Rottie Love and positive thoughts heading to Atlanta. We're with you!

There was some complications with the surgery. She is still in recovery. I will post back in an hour. Very worried. Please keep positive thoughts coming.