Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Lucy - dog needs amputation of leg

55 posts in this topic

You are doing an amazing job with Lucy...BRAVO TO YOU...

Does the vet have her on antibiotics also?? That will keep the infection controlled somewhat...

Lucy has the sweetest face...it's as if she's saying...please...please...help me get well again...

Thank you for all you're doing for her...and she's going to get that surgery soon...believe me...Judy

Awww, poor girl! I saw this posted as I was leaving work and just remembered to come and donate. Imagine my surprise to see that almost all of the funds have already been raised. Here's another $50 to speed Lucy on her way to the surgeon.

Janice

Bill, IMOM tried very very very hard to get the surgery tomorrow...but they could only do today (which was too late by the time we were able to get her up for FR) or Monday morning. Tomorrow they just couldn't squeeze her in. Kyle tried, he did make the call and tried. So you don't have to worry as much tomorrow!

As Judy said, its scheduled for Monday. Hopefully we will be at AFR soon and Judy can go through the weekend with a little less worry about her baby. Knowing that soon she will be fixed and hopefully the infection subsides completely.

I just hope this baby makes it through the next couple days as well as she has been; holding it together. A lot of work on her moms side, but I can tell you Lucy appreciates it.

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM

Thanks so much Melissa! I guess I didn't read enough! LOL I appreciate the update

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!! the goal is almost reached and the evening is young.

I am so moved.

This is such an experience like none other to have people

come to your pet's rescue. It is my rescue too. But Lucy's Life.

Only my actions as I live my life can repay you. You have set

a high goal and I've the strength, willingness, and Love to

reach for it.

Prayerfully,

Lucy's Judy

I just donated $100 to Lucy. She deserves many more years of snuggles.

Oh Wow. Lucy's fundraiser is going fantastic. IMOM's angels are the greatest!

And you too, deserve a Lifetime hugs. Your donation means so

much more than can be said or shown.

Surely Angel Wings are a great fit on you.

I'm really so thankful,

Lucy's Judy

I just donated $100 to Lucy. She deserves many more years of snuggles.

Thank you dearly for the donation. Lucy will get out of danger with

the leg removal. You are helping make it possible.

Lucy's Judy

Donation sent! Let's get this girl out of danger!

I have gone back to find your posting a couple of times

to read over the story of Belle and Charlie again.

Its so enjoyable to picture these 2 as one heads up the

escape dept and the other does recovery.

I try to write out little ventures experienced with my loving

pets because others may choose to read them.

Yours is truly enjoyable and so cute to imagine.

Thanks for your caring donation.

Lucy's Judy

It makes me want to cry thinking of her trying to get home. I had 2 dogs several years ago, a basset and a terrier, kind of the mutt and jeff of the canine world. They would get out every once in a while, or rather Belle the basset would get out, and Charlie would go along, and bring her home. I saw him once, circling around to get behind her when she'd stop to smell something and keeping her on the path home. Well, Lucy made it home and then she made it to IMOM, and we need to help get her back to health. My donation is in memory of Belle and Charlie who lived wonderful long lives and brought me so much joy.

Edited by I Love Lucy

Judy, How gracious you are. I want to cheer for your donation and

show praise for this gift. You have exercised your Love for a Lucy

you don't know but can relate to.

THanks, Lucy's Judy

I see from Kyle's post that the first donation was $100.00 and a matching challenge which I am guessing was met when Bill donated $100.00...

There is NEVER too many MATCHING CHALLENGES!!! Plus, this will be FUN as a dear animal loving friend of mine named "Rae" or to some Melissa has asked me to make her first donation for her to a PIN on IMOM...

I picked Lucy...so, let's begin taking our money...Rae and I will match the next $150.00 donated to Lucy for her surgery...what that means is if you donate $1.00 that becomes $2.00...$5.00 becomes $10.00 and so on...

And, I just love people to take my money...especially with Christmas coming up, the season of giving...what a better way to get in the mood...Judy and Rae

Hi Judy G,

Thank you so much for showering your love Lucy's way.

It is curious how our Pets seem to take over our home

and tell us how to distribute our finances. Please tell POCO

it is greatly appreciated and give him a hug from Lucy and me.

Lucy's Judy

Hi Judy,

My own little tripod, Poco (who is, coincidentally, also 11 years old), lost HIS left front leg when he was 10 months old, after being hit by a car and sustaining nerve damage which left his leg "dead". Anyway, he just informed me I still have money in the bank that he wants me to put towards Lucy's surgery instead of buying him more treats for Christmas. :)

So, another $50 has just been sent, courtesy of Poco.

Judy G.

Hello "Lucy's Judy" & sweet Lucy !!!!!

SOOOOOO HAPPY TO SEE THIS !!!!! I am soooooo glad you're getting help for that precious girl of yours !!!! :wub::):wub:

ANGELS - PLEASE - CAN YOU HELP ??

THIS GIRL NEEDS "YOU" !!!!!

:wub::angel::wub:

Her mama is working SOOOOO hard -

and Lucy DESPERATELY NEEDS this surgery !!!!

And if my math is working - she needs

$195.00 to get to AFR !!!!!

PLEASE, HELP IF YOU CAN ~

No amount is too small !!!!

Face your Facebookers :)

Tweet your Twitters,

Tell your friends, neighbors, family and more !!!!

You will be helping a WONDERFULLY sweet PIN and her

most devoted family !!!!! And I "know" how much

her mama appreciates this !!!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !!!!!!!

With ALL our LOVE,

Donna and Her Bandit :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart::heart:

Holding y'all in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Please give that sweet girl some lovin' and kisses from me. Y'all hang in there and keep up the awesome work !!!!! :hugs: to you and your daughter, Judy.

AND, *HUGEST HUGS* and LOVE to ALL YOU GENEROUS AND CARING ANGELS WHO HAVE DONATED !!!!! XOXOX :wub::angel::wub:

Edited by Bandit'sAngel

Drum Roll Please....... LUCY IS AT .......ALL FUNDS RAISED !!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana: :banana:

You all did it everyone! Lucy is getting her surgery because of all your generosity. IMOM donors never cease to amaze me!

Thank you all so very much for making this happen. We couldn't keep doing this with you!

We love you all !

Tammy-IMOM

And Melissa is still dancing!!! I am soooo happy to come in and read this, this morning!

Thank you to all of you who helped get Lucy to her goal. Everyone seemed to have chipped in either with donating or sharing or crossposting to spread the word. It sure worked!

Now just send those good thoughts to Lucy's mom Judy and Lucy to hang in there for surgery Monday! You can do it, you have come this far, you can make it through the weekend. Keep up the good work Judy. We all know its time consuming and its hard sometimes, but just hang in there. Your doing it for your girl, and she loves you for it.

Melissa/IMOM

Charlie and Belle were characters. I had them 10 years and they died within a few weeks of each other. I know Charlie missed Belle too much to go on living. I still smile when I think of them.

I want to tell you that reading through the posts of all that's going on with Lucy, I am so impressed with all the care you give her. I am a nurse specializing in extended care. I know that once a leg, foot, hand loses nerves and blood supply, NOTHING can be done to prevent infection and decline, except amputation. That Lucy has managed to come back from organ failure and losing that much weight while her leg is so bad is nothing short of amazing and tells me that you are just giving her fantastic care and that she wants to stay with you.:pp_animal_568: Now that she can have the surgery, I'm sure she'll be recovered in no time at all. :banana:

Edited by boanderey

How in the World does Lucy and I and my daughter Thank everyone for their help of encouragement, contacts, donations and all else that was done. THis has been so

amazing to read what has been said and done.

THANK-YOU *** THANK-YOU *** THANK-YOU ***

THANK-YOU *** THANK-YOU *** THANK-YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

There is so much Love and Care among you all.

It is such an honor to be online with you and see you all ACT!

My work with Lucy will continue untill she gets surgery on Monday Morning. Rest will come while she is in the hospital and I will be refreshed when she returns home. WIll keerp you updated.

And by the way, about all that hard work we do with Lucy, there is no real LABOR when you do it with LOVE.

Lucy's Judy

Edited by I Love Lucy

I wonder how Lucy is this morning??? I am sitting eagerly waiting to hear. I hope Lucy is doing well and I hope she did well over the weekend.

Come on Lucy, we are all pulling for you.

Sending good thoughts your way to stay strong.

Melissa/IMOM

Hello Everyone ! ANNOUNCEMENT *************LUCY is doing GREAT!

LUCY IS DOING SO GOOD!. The bad leg is off now.

I stayed with her this morning at vet's from 8:30 until 10am. I held her all

of that time, petting, hugging, encouraging her and telling her how much I

love her and she will not be abandoned and is in good hands. Doing this

while the vet readied the surgery room & all his supplies, gave Lucy shots,

blood draws, etc. He ran more tests on Lucy because he felt like she

should probably need extra blood.

He thought that because he expected certain blood counts which were obtained on

Nov 19th may not have totally recovered given her bad condition when found.

Instead he came back to me saying, emphasizing, looking amazed & smiling:

'WELL, ALL YOUR HARD WORK PAID OFF. SHE IS NORMAL IN ALL THE AREAS TESTED.'

That made me feel so good and my daughter was thrilled.

ABOUT THE VETERINARIAN DOING THE WORK ON LUCY:

I was updating a friend of mine on Lucy's visit to the new VET. This, of course, is the VET

that was ready and very willing to work with IMOM. My friend said: "Why he's OUR Vet..

My family has been going to him for years and he is superb."

SUPERB! So are all you wonderful folks at IMOM.

IMOM referred me to this VET and am SSSOOOOO GLAD!

My friend's Comment on top of that was the icing on the cake.

Lucy was awake this afternoon but quickly went back to sleep. A report on her will come

about 9:30 in the morning. She should come home in 2 days.

Graciously, Lucy's Judy

Wonderful news about Lucy! Continued good wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm sure you can't wait to get her home with you.

Janice

Dear Judy,

I am SOOOO very happy to read this and know that Lucy is doing well !!!!! :wub: I know you can hardly wait to have her home with you again.

You may want to leave a t-shirt or towel with your scent on it (if they will allow it -- and it's something you don't mind losing)....That way she'll have you with her during her stay there, and she'll know you'll be back.

Give her LOTS of *Special Hugs* and kisses from me. And ...

GREAT :hugs: to you and your daughter ~ you have done such an incredible job !!! God bless you all.

Love,

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

Good Morning, Good Day all you wonderful IMOMers.

Lucy is recouperating just fine in the animal hospital.

Today finds her stabilized and she was carried outside

to use the bathroom which she promptly did.

They said she would not eat after taking IV out and they

may have to put it back in. So I explained all the great

lenghts we went thru and will still go thru to feed her.

They said if she does not eat by midday, then I can

bring her special recipe cooked to her. Believe me

she is holding out for the good stufff and to be spoonfed.

Will let you know more later. THanks Donna for the

clothing tip. Great idea. and Janice you are right, I

can't wait to get her home. Dr. said I could see her today;

but if I do she will be determined to come home then,

so will have to just leave some things quietly and sneak

out to home without her hearing me. (but she will know

I was there, she knows when I a driving down the street)

God BLess you All, and talk to ya later today!

Lovingly,

Lucy's Judy

I am SO happy that Lucy did so well with her surgery...THANK YOU for taking such good care of her!!

Now, if you haven't left yet, take a towel or a tee shirt or a bandana that has your scent or your daughters on it...so Lucy knows that she can still smell her Momma...

I know she's going to eat when you take her her "special" food...please, keep the updates coming...Lucy is So special...Judy

Hi Judy and All IMOMers!!!!

Today is Wed 12/14 and it is 2:30 pm.

I will get Lucy at 4PM.

Judy, your idea about a towel and bandana worked. Thanks so much.

I took her a baby blanket I got at garage sale a couple of years ago

especially for Lucy and a bandana (slightly used). I was told she slept

with them both. Of course I had to do it where she could not hear my

car or my voice.

Well, I will report the homecoming later tonight. So excited to get her

healing escalated. She was already comfortable using 3 legs and

dragging a useless one. I believe she will have a quicker recovery

accustoming to 3 legs because she has some experience already.

Lovingly Lucy's Judy

PS: I will take new pictures too and post.

I am SO happy that Lucy did so well with her surgery...THANK YOU for taking such good care of her!!

Now, if you haven't left yet, take a towel or a tee shirt or a bandana that has your scent or your daughters on it...so Lucy knows that she can still smell her Momma...

I know she's going to eat when you take her her "special" food...please, keep the updates coming...Lucy is So special...Judy

Hi

My friend took a kitty from a friend who was going to pts. The kitty had been living with a useless leg for years- used it like a crutch, grabbed your arm and kittens with it. At the new place (no carpet) the useless leg became infected and nasty and vet said it had to be removed. We were worried about her recovery but guess what...she is a lot happier without it. She gets around just fine and is probably feeling much better without it.

I know that Lucy is going to be just fine. Just don't let her go running any races for the first week or so

Kathy