Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tammy L.

Bella Cogdill

35 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Proptosed Globe with massive infection (basically her little eye has popped out)

Low end of estimate: $764.39

Less applicant contribution: -$64.39

Needed for low end of estimate: $700

4% of $700 for IMOM operating expenses: $28

Fundraising goal: $728

Spayed: No, but will be during surgery

Caseworker: Tammy

****ALL FUNDS RAISED***

Bella is a 3 yr old Shih Tzu with a terrible infection behind her eye. So bad that her little eye popped out of it's socket.

The vet has confirmed this is a Life Threatening Situation. She must have surgery tomorrow to remove the eye and the infection or it could spread.

Can you imagine how much pain this little one is in, even on pain meds? We must get her into surgery no later than tomorrow.

Y'all we need everyone's help here.

If you can make a donation in any size please visit Donations and mark your gift " Bella Cogdill" or if your prefer paypal, our address is paypal@imom.org .

Please spread the word on Facebook, twitter and to all your e-mail friends. Let's get the word out far and wide! This gal has no time to wait.

Thank you so much for helping out Pets In Need

Tammy-IMOM

Edited by Tammy IMOM
donation update

Hello everyone, Bella's mom Theresa here.....

I posted under my other thread about Bella this update and I will post here too. I am thrilled to report that I was able to raise the funds to get her antibiotic and she has started on them this morning!! Praise God!!

Poor Bella is hurting and in so much pain, but she really is such a sweet baby that she never complains...even though she has every right too. She loves to play with the kids...follows them all around. Her favorite thing to do is just sit on one of our laps and cuddle. Everyone that meets her just falls in love with her....she's so sweet that you just can't help it.

Every time the kids and I think of the possibility of losing her, it just breaks our hearts and we can't stop crying. She didn't deserve for this to happen to her and the poor baby certainly shouldn't have to suffer the way that she is. I want to thank everyone in advance for opening up your hearts for us to be able to get her this surgery that she very much needs. Above is her before picture and I am attempting to upload a picture of her after the attack but it's not working out very well. I am going to send the pics to Tammy and ask her if she can add them for me. I will be back later to post some more. Thank you all again.

You're most welcome. Proptosed eyes are something I just can't resist. Two of my basset hounds have been through this. And both lived long, happy lives after having the surgery. Good luck to you and Bella!

Oh wow sorry to hear about your babies having to go through that.But it does give me great comfort to know that if your babies lived long and happy lives after,then so can mine.

Here are some more pictures of Bella.

****Warning**** Theses photos showing her eye are a bit graphic****

Let's get this baby all fixed up in time for the holidays with her family.

Let's all skip that fancy coffee tomorrow, pack our lunch, maybe buy one less gift this year and give the gift of life to a Pet In Need.

Tammy-IMOM

Edited by Tammy IMOM

Just to update, I have posted a link to this page on my facebook wall and made everyone aware of what is going on. Hopefully we will start seeing the donations roll in soon.

Bella is at the moment resting comfortably on her blanket, all snug.

Great news about posting Bella's thread on your Facebook page...you might want to also make a note to your friends, of course donations are GREAT but CROSSPOSTING helps TONS...if they would post on their wall and ask their friends to do the same Bella's story can be sent out to SO MANY FOLKS on Facebook...

Spreading the word is the way to go!!!

IMOM also has Bella's thread posted on their Facebook page...if everyone reading this copies and pates Bella's story on their wall we'll be sharing it with hundreds of people before we know it. Judy

Also to add, remind all your friends that donations to IMOM are tax deductible! :)

Tammy-IMOM

Edited by Tammy IMOM

Poor little thing! I just added another $100.00! Those pictures are just heartwrenching! =(

Oh! Poor Bella! Her eye looks so painful. Donation on the way through paypal.

*****DONATION UPDATE***** Bella has $335 in donations!!!!!

Angels you rock! :thanks3:

We are getting so close, we now only need $393 for tomorrow's surgery. That is such a doable amount everyone.

Bella's mom is doing awesome getting the word out about her baby girl. I know we can do this.

Remember that no amount is ever to small to donate. It all adds up. Donating is so easy, please visit our Donations page, mark your gift " Bella Cogdill" and that's all it takes.

Thank you so much to everyone who had donated or crossposted to help Bella, we sincerely appreciate it.

Tammy-IMOM

Hi Bella and Mommy,

Everything will be ok now that you are an IMOM pin...poor Bella will soon be all fixed up and happy.

I asked my special Shitzu Angel (my love for 18 years on earth to watch over Bella and keep her safe until she is all fixed up

Kathy

Wow, thank you to everyone who has already donated!! You all are angels and Bella, my family and I are so grateful....we just can't say THANK YOU enough!!

I posted the story behind what happened on another thread but I realize that not everyone has or will read that. So, I'll just go ahead and tell everyone what happened leading to her eye being in the condition it is now.

On Saturday morning, she was attacked by two English Bulldogs. Afterwards, she looked fine, just shaken.. By the next morning, roughly 24 hours later, her eye was red and completely swollen. Within 48 hours, it looks how it looks now... I had been trying to contact everyone I could think of to raise the money to take her to the vet, which I was finally able to do yesterday, and now, here we are. Another big thank you to everyone who has donated and helped.. Here's to hoping we get to $728 by the end of the day!

Just to tell you a little bit more about Bella, she is a very special dog. I got her for my oldest daughters 14th birthday. When we were picking out which dog we wanted, we ended up picking Bella because she was by far the sweetest one there. Bella kept running up to my daughter and untying her shoelaces and then pouncing around in front of her, trying to play. At that moment, we knew Bella was the right dog for us to choose. She's such a happy dog.. Even throughout this whole nightmare, Bella still wags her tail happily and licks her lips as to give doggy kisses, every time someone even talks to her. She's a fighter, and I'm very thankful for this site helping me raise money for her surgery so that she can survive and go back to being her healthy, happy puppy self!

Edited by tcogdill5

Thanks to the wonderful Angels who donate to our VIP (Visually Impaired Pets) Fund, IMOM is going to pledge the balance needed to get Bella into surgery first thing tomorrow morning.

That little gal is in pain and we needed to guaranty her a spot in the surgical line up for tomorrow.

We simply cannot say thank you enough to all those who contribute to IMOM. Be it monthly, to the GF, to the VIP fund, to certain PINS, or just once in while, even if you don't donate, if you crosspost and get the word out there about our Pets In Need, that helps so much!

Y'all touch the lives of so many pets and make such a huge difference to each and every one of them.

Our thoughts are with Bella, may she have a smooth surgery tomorrow!

Tammy-IMOM

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! I cannot say it enough!!! I literally am in tears!!! I am go grateful to everyone who has made this surgery for our baby possible. I can't wait to get it over with and get her out of pain and all better. I will continue posting updates about her and letting everyone know how she is doing, and as well after surgery. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! You are all sent from heaven above!!! :heart:

Another day of Magic thanks to the IMOM angels. Angel.gif

yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Theresa ~ I know it's been a long, exhausting day for you but look how much everyone accomplished in a single day.

Please give beautiful Bella a kiss for me. She'll probably be in surgery before I get out of bed in the morning (due to the time difference), but Bella's thread will be the first I check in the morning.

Good morning everyone.

Just dropped Bella off at the vet for her surgery. I am so thankful that we are able to be getting this taken care of to get my baby on the path to recovery.

The vet tech said that they have a few surgeries this morning and they don't know where she is in the lineup, but that they like to have all surgeries done by 12:00 and they will call me when they are finished.

Now, I'm just concerned that her little system will be able to handle all of this since she is being spayed today also. The vet said that it's fine and she will do ok....and I'm sure that's true...but I still can't help but worry. I will be on pins and needles until I get the phone call saying that she is done and is doing good.

Poor Bella was shaking like a little leaf when they took her from me to take her in the back. I think the pain was starting to get worse as she didn't want to eat her dinner last night. My poor baby....hang on a little longer sweet girl, all will be alright very soon.

I will post more just AS SOON as I hear back from the vet.....please keep us in your prayers....her for the surgery and me for the nerves.....

Just got a call from the Vet clinic...not to worry, it's nothing concerning Bella's health. Basically it was the office manager and she is now saying that they can not wait to get the payment, they need it sooner. Even though this was discussed with the vet, he signed off on it and everything. I am freaking out and really don't know what to do!!!

Hopefully, you have emailed imom gf @ imom.org (remove spaces) to let them know about this.

Judy G.

Whoo, talk about a momentary heart attack! Everything is all good now and Bella is in surgery as I write this...thanks to Tammy!! Thank you again Tammy!!

YAY Bella...now all we have to do is deal wiith recovery and Bella can be a happy, healthy girl again...Judy

Just heard from the vet. Bella is out of surgery now and is starting to wake up and will be resting comfortably. She said that everything went good, the eye had extensive damage and that it's a good thing that we got it out. She also said that when they opened her up to spay her, they noted severe bruising in her abdomen from the attack, that they were unable to see beforehand. They want to keep her through the weekend, just to make sure that everything is ok and to make her rest as much as possible.

I will be going up there after 2 to bring her antibiotic and pain meds and to check on her again.

Will post again after I speak with the vet in a couple of hours.