Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy/IMOM

Pockets Castello has earned her wings.

380 posts in this topic

Hi Lisa....

I know how devoted you are to your precious girl. I am the same way with my BBB who's a PIN here - Bandit. I rescued him when he was a baby and he is over 16 and 1/2 yrs old (diabetic, hyperthyroid, diabetic dermatitis, some kidney and now heart issues) but, still felt frisky enough to want to play some VROOM last night !!!! He come first in my life too.

Angels, Lisa loves Pockets more than anything. And they have touched our hearts in so many ways !!!!!! :heart:

PLEASE,

CALLING ALL ANGELS ~ CALLING ALL ANGELS !!!!!!! POCKETS NEEDS "YOU" !!!!!!!

:pp_animal_362:

PLEASE HELP !!!!!! ANYWAY YOU CAN !!!!!!

WHETHER A ONE TIME DONATION OR A MONTHLY SPONSORSHIP ~

REMEMBER DEAR ANGELS, NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL !!!!!

:wub::angel::wub:

THEY NEED AN ADDITIONAL $188 per month PLEASE !!???!!

AND, IF YOU COULD POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK,

TELL YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR NEIGHBORS,

TWEET YOUR TWITTER !!!!!!

WHATEVER YOU CAN DO, I "KNOW" WILL BE GREATLY

APPRECIATED BY THIS WONDERFUL LITTLE FAMILY !!!!!!!

:wub::heart::wub:

IF MAYBE YOU COULD JUST SKIP THAT STARBUCK'S ONCE A WEEK,

OR PERHAPS BROWN BAG IT ONCE A WEEK ~

AND SEND THAT IN FOR SWEET POCKETS' CARE,

THAT WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP !!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE !!!!

WITH ALL OUR LOVE ~

NOW, ALWAYS AND FOREVER,

DONNA AND 'THE BANDIT' :wub:

:heart: :heart:

:felineicon:

Give Pockets kisses for me Lisa. Sending :hugs: and MUCH LOVE to you !!!!! May God bless and protect you all.

:wub: Donna and Bandit

Thankyou Judy and Donna for all your support. I just got home a while ago and I gave pockets some pills to help support renal functions This morning I gave pockets her sub q fluids she is so good when I give them to her She know I am trying to keep her on the right path.Calling all angels pockets needs your help this begal is

very special andshe is smart especially when it comes to her pills some days are challengs she will toss her little bit of soft foot up in the air eat the food and spit the pill out so I have to trick her changeing up her food.Right now pockets is wrapped in a blanket she looks so cute and kissable Calling all angels to help her

Thankyou

Love to all Lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:

I am sending a prayers to a special angel my mom to help pockets get full sponseredand to all the other angels calling all angels to help pockets out :pp_animal_568::wbd3:

Edited by theloveforpockets

Pockets will be going back to the vet in a week for more labs

Please Dear Angels ~~~

Lisa is working SOOO hard

for her precious Pockets !!!!!

:heart::wub::heart:

Can you PLEASE help them ??!!??

Either a one time donation or a monthly sponsorship . . .

Remember ~ no amount is too small . . .

it ALL adds up to help "theloveforpockets" !!!!

Pockets REALLY needs these treatments and medicine.

And they need YOUR help to pay for them each month !!!!!

:wub: :wub:

I know this little family will be eternally grateful for any and

ALL help you might be able to contribute !!!!!

Thank you SOO much in advance !!!!

:angel:

Sending ALL of our LOVE,

always and forever,

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:minichat6::albkblink: Thankyou Donna and the bandit for your support.Please dear angels Please help with pockets sponser ship ,I am so dedicated to Pockets I need help I have exsausted my funds and need your help to keep her going We have works so hard anything would help ..I never thought I would ever be in this situation but I am I love her

and so does bello and lake our 2 cats they sleep by her every night for thelove of pockets.

Lisa :pp_animal_568: andpockets :pp_animal_568:

Lisa, how did Pockets get her name?

What things does Pockets like......and what things does she NOT like? For example, my Papillon loves to chase balls....she hates being cuddled. My Poodle loves children....she doesn't like car rides.

The more little things you can tell us about Pockets.....what she likes to do.....how she spends her days....the more "real" she will become to people. That makes them more likely to want to help her.

Do you have any more photos of Pockets? If you can't scan photos, maybe you could send a couple of photos to one of us and we could scan them and put them online for you. People love photos.

All best,

Michele

Pockets was born feb 16 1998 her mom name was pickles Pockets was one of 6 puppies born at 3 months I was indecissve of a name..I had 2 roomates at the time that smoked and I could smell some one day when I came into the house I told them both they cannot smoke in the house.. so about a week later my roomate was sleeping on the couch and as puppys are somehow pocket got up on the couch and went into his pocket and grab his ciggerettes and destroyed the packet luckly she only destroyed the packet and didnt eat them so that is how I came up with the name pockets she is one of a kind I dont know anyone who has named there dog pockets from that point on needless to say they never smoked in the house again...Hurray for pockets I love her so much and we need help so If anyone can help her out it would be appreciated.

Love Lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:

very cute story of how Pockets got her name!

Please angels can u help this sweetie?

Hugs,

Cindy and the boyz

I am in for $10 a month for Pockets. Who's next ?

Every time I get into the empty checkout line at the pet store with my two full carts I turn around and there are 20 people behind me..hope that happens here.

Pockets Mommy- are you using Terumo needles? They make a big differnce !

Kathy

Thank u Kathy, and all the angels who have become sponsors for Pockets.

I know it's getting to the point I would be starting to freak out if it were the boyz in need of more help, and they still weren't fully sponsored. Most of u know that it's incredibly hard to ask others for help...but when it's for our kids we will do anything for them. Please can u give $5 a month (or more!) to help Pocket's? Please.

Hugs to Pockets.

I am in for $10 a month for Pockets. Who's next ?

Every time I get into the empty checkout line at the pet store with my two full carts I turn around and there are 20 people behind me..hope that happens here.

Pockets Mommy- are you using Terumo needles? They make a big differnce !

Kathy

Kathy the needle they have her on our called monojet where do you get turmuno needles she uses the number 16.

Thankyou for your donation pockets thanks you to

Love Lisa

Pockets Love the beach she loves to chase the seguls I havent taken her there lately because of what she has been going through she use to chase them she be 200 yards aways after her chase then she come running back.she even run in to the water after them and most begals do not like water Pockets also loves the lake just before her illness you could not keep her out of the water I would throw a stick into the water and she bring it back and roll in the sand and bark until I would throw it again Pockets enjoys walks every day and put her in a sweater to keep her warm while she is walking so she doesnt get cold.If ayone can help Pockets we would be very thankful.

Love Lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:

Hi

I get mine from Brico Medical supplies- I get fluids and admin sets from them as well...lots cheaper than the vets office.

Check it out here:

http://www.bricomedicalsupplies.com

I think the crf page comes up first...

I used smaller needles than the 16s as they leave a smaller hole and are easier on a kitty. The terumos of that size are thin wall - with a large opening for the fluids to flow through.. We call monojet kitty harpoons as they are so big.

Ordering fluids this way is a lot cheaper than the vet's office.

Plus you don't have to worry about running out ..

If you have not tried then, some people use pill pockets..I use rare roast beef, or even poached chicken and put the pill in there. Lots easier for both of you

Just remember , that Pockets is LIVING with crf. (we prefer to call it insufficency instead of the f word)

Kathy

Thankyou Kathy for the information I am going to look at the website anthing easier for Pockets would be a good Idea. I think small needles would be good. and thankyou for helping sponser Pockets.

Lisa :pp_animal_568:

Every night when I get home who is at the front door waitng for me is Pockets she is such a great dog.Last summer Pockets and myself went for a hike up in the Irish hills located a 1/2 mile behind us Pockets loved going there because there is so much smells as you know begals Love to smell so up goes her pointed tail

she usually leads me I hope to get to do this again I need to keep her on the right path Please help Pockets get the care she needs .For the Love of pockets

Love Lisa :pp_animal_568:

Hi

I can send you some 20s..which are much smaller, but flow almost as fast as the18s..not sure about the 16s, but they must be huge ..also, with Terumos you slide the needle in iinstead of pushing it in...when you stab yourself you don't realize it until you see all the red on your hand.

Kathy

[quote name=That would be great!I had problems last night with her injections I had to call the vet.Pockets was alittle tender last night poked her a few times had to wait until this morning.I am off tomorrow so I am going to look through the company you reccomend I want to make it easier on pockets.Thankyou for your help

Love Lisa and Pockets'Beauty's Kathy' timestamp=1323357016' post='117516]

Hi

I can send you some 20s..which are much smaller, but flow almost as fast as the18s..not sure about the 16s, but they must be huge ..also, with Terumos you slide the needle in iinstead of pushing it in...when you stab yourself you don't realize it until you see all the red on your hand.

Kathy

Pockets will be going back to the vet this week for her labs she continues to eat which is a goodthing .

.If anyone can help her out and sponser her we would so much appreciate any help you can give us.

Lisa and Pockets

Hi

I get mine from Brico Medical supplies- I get fluids and admin sets from them as well...lots cheaper than the vets office.

Check it out here:

http://www.bricomedicalsupplies.com

Kathy,

When we accepted Pockets we checked out Brico (it's standard procedure for CRF cases). For whatever reason, he won't ship fluids to where Pockets is, and also doesn't carry the same needles or venosets she uses. She's already getting the fluids from Costco but the other supplies have to come from the vet unless they change the sizes.

The good news is Pockets has another $20 sponsor :).

Cindy/IMOM

If she wants to try the smaller needles, I have Terumo 20s...how much fluids does Pockets get at one time? These smaller needles reduce the scarring possiblities and are a lot easier on the one getting the fluids...

Happy to hear Pockets has another sponsor

Kathy

I too am happy that Pockets is getting sponsors...we'll get there...hang in there Lisa and Pockets...you're doing a great job posting...I don't see how people CAN'T fall in love with your girl...I sure did...

I sent in a one time donation to help with expenses until Pockets gets her very own sponsors...which I had more and will try to work on that...

Hoping for a good report on Pockets labs...Judy

Please Dear Angels ~~~

Don't you just love how Pockets

got her name ??? :)

Lisa is working SOOO hard

for her precious girl !!!!!

:heart::wub::heart:

Can you PLEASE help them ??!!??

Either a one time donation or a monthly sponsorship . . .

Remember ~ NO amount is too small . . .

it ALL adds up to help "theloveforpockets" !!!!

Pockets REALLY needs these treatments and medicine.

And they need YOUR help to pay for them each month !!!!!

:wub: :wub:

I know this little family will be eternally grateful for any and

ALL help you might be able to contribute !!!!!

Thank you SOOOO much in advance !!!!

:angel:

Sending ALL of our LOVE,

always and forever,

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub: