Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Melissa 1

Zoe Flores

123 posts in this topic

<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/00be0428baecc457"><param'>http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/00be0428baecc457"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="event_desc" value="Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credit%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20for%20IMOM%27s%20business%20operating%20expenses."><param name="color_scheme" value="gray"><embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/00be0428baecc457" flashvars="event_desc=Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credit%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20for%20IMOM%27s%20business%20operating%20expenses.&color_scheme=gray" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></object>

***If you do not see the ChipIn widget or the "ChipIn!" button on the widget, please click here to download and install the latest version of the free Adobe Flash Player plug-in for your browser. (Flash 8 or higher required to view the ChipIn Widget.)

Diagnosis: Possible Obstruction (intestinal issue)

Amount of estimate: $1500

Owner Contribution: $500 (Owner has spent over $6,000 at multiple vets trying to help Zoe)

Fund raising goal: $1040 (4% has been added to help pay IMOM's business operating expenses)

Spayed or neutered: Yes!

Caseworker: Sarah/Melissa

Zoe is a 3 yr English Bulldog with a possible obstruction or intestinal issue/infection. Zoe's vet indicated exploratory surgery is needed w/in 5-7 days (that was 6 days ago). Zoe continues to vomit and not eat - looking at her picture - she is very thin. Zoe's mom, Ashley, lives with her mother and is a working college student. She has limited income and has spent a lot trying to find out what's wrong with Zoe. Zoe's current vet wants to get to the bottom of this as Zoe is about 30 lbs under weight and declining. They are the only vet that have been able to get her to respond a little to meds and food, but still she vomits. Zoe has been through way to many tests and procedures to continue. She must have surgery tomorrow morning.

Note from Ashley's mom: Hi, I'm Ashley and I have a 3.5 yr old bulldog named Zoe who has an extraordinary spirit. She's battling a life threatening intestinal infection or obstruction. I've exhausted my finances on numerous tests & treatments @4 Vets, who've concluded that she needs exploratory surgery. Zoe exhibits the will to live but needs this surgery to find out what is causing her ailment. Every Vet professional has also noticed that Zoe has a unique bond with me that anyone can see. Zoe has been by my side through so much and she is my family. Please help save my family because we are each other's support that gets us through each day. Ash&Zoe

Please cross post this link and share with as many people as you can. To Donate, please use the chip in above.

Although the Chip-In is the preferred method for donations (that way we can see the totals quickly), we do realize that some of you cannot get the Chip In to work. You can still donate at: http://www.imom.org/donation/pin.htm (please reference Zoe Flores).

Melissa & Sarah/IMOM

post-6025-0-79042500-1315431653_thumb.jp

Edited by Melissa IMOM

OK, right from the start we are going to offer a $500 matching challenge.

We feel its critical to get this baby girl into surgery in the morning. She has went too long like this and we really want to offer her some help. So please, Every $1.00 you contribute will count for $2.00. We only have over night.

If you cannot use the Chip-In, you can still donate at: http://www.imom.org/donation/pin.htm (please reference Zoe Flores).

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM

Melissa...I saw yesterday that Ashley posted she had to work and go to school in the afternoon...don't know if she's there today but WOW what a wonderful surprise for her when she gets to the forum...

IMOM angels...if you go to the Introduction thread...you can read a lot of posts by Ashley...she truly loves her girl and it shows and shows...Judy

Don't worry Judy, she's here. She's ready to post, or I wouldn't have posted her ;)

I'm all over that! lol Lets get this baby a quick $540!

Melissa/IMOM

Ok I'm in for $250.. I have a bullie myself and Zoe looks awful..they are normally little butter balls. i can't bear to see a bullie look like this and would be frantic if it was my little girl..Christine

WOW...are we off to a GREAT START of what!!!!!

Zoe has been so patient...I have been conversing with her Momma on the Intro page and she really really loves her girl...

I am SO HAPPY to see her have her own thread...we need to find out what is wrong with her...and TOMORROW WOULD BE A GRAND DAY TO DO IT!!!!! Judy

Oh my, that leaves only $265 more to go!

I'd say thats: NEWS!!!

Melissa/IMOM

Zoe's mom's internet just crashed but she's rebooting and should be here any minute. (She sent note from blackberry)...hang in there to hear more about Zoe!

THANK YOU EVERYONE who has donated already to get Zoe into surgery. Who knows, maybe by some miracle I could swing the vet into doing it tonight? I wonder...... Should I check?

$190 more to go!

Melissa/IMOM

Thanks, Christine. :)

I'm Italian and we can't stand to see a skinny animal! I'm in for $50 - wish it could be more.

Hang in there, Zoe. Your mom's been trying really hard to fix you up on her own, and now she's got an army of animal lovers in the fight with her!

Ashley - please don't even consider giving Zoe up putting her down until the vet can figure out what this is. You definitely have a bond and you owe it ot Zoe to take this as far as you can. iMOM is a wonderful org with powerful people who will give you money and SUPPORT. Stay strong! Christine

I checked, I thought worth a shot! The surgery dept has closed for the day. (They are in California, and we just missed it by about an hour or so). But she is on the schedule for tomorrow. Drop off at 8:30am. $190 more to go! :)

***Remember, we are using the $500 matching challenge out of the GF fund. So if you want to donate after we have raised the $540, feel free to do so, as then it will be less we have to take out of the GF Fund. We just were very worried about Zoe and wanted to ensure she got into the doc tomorrow and since we just did a large case (Millard) we thought we better try and help out.

BIG THANK YOUs for those of you that have already donated to help Zoe.

Melissa/IMOM

Well I'm slow, make that:

NEWS: $110 left to be raised!!!!!

Melissa/IMOM

Oh my, We are going to do this before Ashley even makes it here!

NEWS: $92 left to be raised!!!!!

Melissa/IMOM

[]6068691469_f0a34f42f5_t.jpg Mandy asked if we could just skip her next trip to the vet, and donate that amount, but I told her no way. We just got her heart to start shrinking, and we aren't going to skip any vet visits!. So then she offered her nylabone. We've donated money too, and will head over to Face book to post

Edited by boanderey

It looks like we're going to take care of little Zoe right quick :smokin: , so I wanted to repost what Melissa said because it's important:

Remember, we are using the $500 matching challenge out of the [General Fund]. So if you want to donate after we have raised the $540, feel free to do so, as then it will be less we have to take out of the GF Fund.

I am in TEARS at the generosity of all of the people out there...this little dog is sick and needs our help...and gosh darn it, help is on the way...

Ashley...I bet you can't believe what is happening...I know that there are angels everywhere but WOW...they are busy spreading their wings for Zoe...

I am THRILLED beyond words...and believe me...it's hard to keep me quiet.....Judy

NEWS: $75 left to be raised!!!!!

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM

Just got word that Ashley is going to another computer as she can't get hers up now. Of course, everything happens at once.

But don't worry, she's on her way. I can feel her excitement already when she sees how quickly Zoe is going to get the surgery she needs thanks to the IMOM ANGELS!

Melissa/IMOM

I'm in for $35. Nothing gets me more then a dog that can't/won't eat!

Chris

Hello, I'm online now! I apologize, my internet crashed. We are incredibly grateful for these generous donations.

Edited by Ash&Zoe

NEWS: $40 left to be raised!!!!!

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM

NEWS: $20 left to be raised!!!!!

Then we will work on the GF fund to fill in the gap.... ;)

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM

Hi Ashley, Look foward to hearing all about Zoe! She has such a sweet face....can't wait to see a "smile" back on it!

Chris

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0