Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Melissa 1

Jessi Clay

95 posts in this topic

Kim is right...and spay/neutering not only prevents unwanted pregnancies and sadly unwanted pups...but, it prevents pyometra (which is deadly) and also helps prevent both breast and testicular cancers...so, spay/neuter is most important in so many ways...

Right now we are worrying with you about Jessi, BUT your update was GREAT...I wanted to comment on your WONDERFUL VET...

It's so good to hear that a "new" vet just starting out is willing to accept IMOM and possibly payments for an emergency...BRAVO to your vet...

AND, I love the floors in the waiting room...when our dogs were old and sick they slide all over the floors...what a great idea!!!

Edited by Judy

Hi Kim, Jessi is spayed and Archie is neutered. Scrappy-doo is sterile. One of his testicles was not desended, actually both were for awhile or were not....lol did that make sense....I am a little sleep deprived..... I am a total advocate for spaying and neutering......I carry little flyers in my purse with the clinics that serve our county, so many people still don't know about the wonderful, affordable programs that can be utilized. Good eye Kim...:)

I couldn't agree more. Melissa, I love that you got up during the night to check on your case! B)

Jessi's mom -- Your posts last night were great, and the special friendship between Jessi (who is quite beautiful!) and Archie is very apparent. But I have to ask you about something: In the photo you posted at 3:13 am, the dog on the right appears to be an intact (not neutered) male. Why is that? And is Jessi spayed? If not, it's possible that could be done while she's having surgery for removal of the foreign bodies.

I will be discussing scrappydoo with my "NEW VET" to see if it's "time" yet.......:)

Scrappy-doo is sterile. One of his testicles was not desended, actually both were for awhile or were not....lol did that make sense....

No, actually, it didn't make sense. Testicles are either descended or undescended (cryptorchid). They don't travel back and forth the inguinal canal. Looks to me like both of Scrappy-doo's are "there." And even if he was less fertile, there are other health reasons to neuter a dog. Otherwise, vets wouldn't bother doing surgery to remove undescended testicles.

I don't mean to move the focus off Jessi today. But IMOM doesn't typically help owners whose pets aren't S/N'ed because the issue is that important to the IMOM volunteers and donors. Well, let me amend that: IMOM would try to assist the owner to get the pet(s) spayed/neutered. That's why I asked about the male dog, thinking that perhaps it was a financial issue.

I will be discussing scrappydoo with my "NEW VET" to see if it's "time" yet.......:)

Great. :)

GREAT on the spay/neuter...I can see that you are right on top of things...enough said about all of that...

We are now going to channel ALL OF OUR GOOD ENERGIES into Jessi.....

Can't wait to hear that surgery has begun...and then...I'll be tapping my toe to hear that all is well and she is resting in recovery...

Again, I cannot say how wonderful your photos are...how well you communicated with the IMOM angels...so all in all..YAY RAH TO YOU for a job well done...Judy

Kim, We have addressed this with the owner this morning when we saw the picture as well. If this dog is not spay/neutered, we will be helping her find a low cost clinic and work with her to get this done. However, Jessi is S/N per her vet. As well as Archie. Thanks Kim!

OK, now let's send some positive strong thoughts over to JESSI! She needs it. The vet is still looking into her to make sure she can handle surgery this morning. They hope to do it shortly. No exact time yet Judy - I know you want to know bad! We will let you know as soon as we hear.

Jessi needs us pulling for her. She's had a rough last few days. I can't wait to hear her back with Archie and her family :) Thanks again to all of you that helped out last night and stuck with us. It was a late going to raise the funds and I was worried. But you guys all pulled through, got the word out and the funds came in.

THANK YOU again for all that you do here at IMOM.

Melissa/IMOM

I just received a call about our Jessi...They now think we may be dealing with a bowel perforation as well. her pain and tenderness and synptoms has indicated that exploratory surgery also will be preformed later this afternoon. Please pray for our beloved Jessi. I am so worried.

PRAYERS and POSITIVE THOUGHTS to you both...

Jessi has MANY friends here at IMOM and we are working hard to make sure that everything we can do for her from long distance is happening!!! IMOM is a place for miracles...believe me...we want more than anything to have her back home where she belongs!!! Judy

I just received a call about our Jessi...They now think we may be dealing with a bowel perforation as well. her pain and tenderness and synptoms has indicated that exploratory surgery also will be preformed later this afternoon. Please pray for our beloved Jessi. I am so worried.

If only we could tell our kids, "if you're going to swallow something that you shouldn't, at least make sure it doesn't have a sharp pointy end!!" Sigh. I'm sorry for this new worry about Jessi, but she's where she needs to be, and at least you know she'll have her surgery soon. Sending good thoughts her way......

ps) Melissa - I figured that IMOM would help with low-cost neuter options if you guys knew the situation. Thank you!

Thank you kim and judy. IMOM is a place for miracles and with all the love and positive vibes and prayers how could this have anything but a good outcome...... I will be with her shortly, and when I tell her how many people are waiting to see her in some new pics with some new bling (she loves her picture taken) and positively beams when she gets a new scarf, she prances around in front of her brothers, like "look at me, look what I got" she will be bouncing before we know it....

I will post immediately with any and all information as I get it....all of you are Jessi's cyber family now..... "Peace-Be-Still"

We will all be holding our sweet girl close in our hearts. Please give an update as soon as you can. :pp_animal_554:

Wow ~ You guys are amazing! I slept right through this fundraising effort.

Give yourselves a standing ovation!

Applause.gif

That was cool pic! Ha! Too funny. Thanks! :)

Sorry you missed the excitement. But now we are all worrying about Jessi and sending as many good thoughts their way as we can.

Melissa/IMOM

Worrying along with you...I will be away from the computer for awhile...hope to see GOOD NEWS when I check in again. Judy

No word yet, I can't remember when my nerves were this shot. The phone rang while I was typing and I almost pulled my laptop in the floor. Oh Jessi please be strong, we need you. Archie won't even get up, he's laying in the bed just watching me. Good news comeing , right?

I know how awful it is, waiting for that phone to ring! But try not to worry. The surgery itself may take some time, depending on how much damage has been done to the intestines, plus I'm sure the vet is flushing that whole area carefully, because peritonitis (infection) is a big concern. Also, sometimes vets don't like to call an owner until the animal has been in Recovery for a little while.

Deep breath! :closedeyes:

:pp_animal_568: Jessi is in Recovery :)

she is 2 screws and a nail lighter . we were told she is doing well but still very much in la-la land.....but is stable...... i am so excited i can hardly type........

((((HUGS)))) Keeping all the positive strong thoughts going just for her.

Did they say if the tear was bad or if it was torn inside?

Melissa/IMOM

Jessi will be spending the night at the Ark, hopefully we will be bringing are little fruitloop home tomorrow.

I can't express the joy and our renewed faith that completely unselfish acts of true kindness and compassion are still a big part of our community. For this we owe to IMOM.ORG., all the volunteers and contributors that has made this happen. And of course, all our hero's at the "ARK".........

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for saveing our Jessi.........I told Archie and I swear he got up and did his happy dance.....(to anyone else it would probably look like a spasm) but we tell him it's his happy dance and what a good job he does..:)

Now if you will excuse me from the computer for just a little while, I am going to locate my big magnet on a string and drag the back yard........for obvious reasons.......lol

Thank you again, and I promise to keep everyone updated.... hopefully tomorrow we will new pics of Jessi's homecomeing.......yeahhhh

All 3 were in the stomach, hidden from x-ray. so no intestinal tears or perforations. It is my understanding they were surrounded by blobs of grass and assorted "stuff" which explains why there was no evidense of an active bleed. she was a lucky girl. I am off to drag my magnet and stretch my legs and back. I feel like i have been run over by a mac truck......but a happy truck!!!!!!! I might even eat....:)

((((HUGS)))) Keeping all the positive strong thoughts going just for her.

Did they say if the tear was bad or if it was torn inside?

Melissa/IMOM

Ha, that sounds like a true mom. Can't eat, worried about baby. Yes! This is all to familiar!

I hope you find any other culprits out there that could be lurking. Can't wait for Jessi's home coming.

Kisses for Archie too!

Melissa/IMOM

I am very glad to hear there were no perforations. That is just terrific news. I look forward to hearing about Jessi's homecoming tomorrow. Thank you for the updates!

Judy G.

I just got home from work...and raced to the computer...YAY RAH!!! I am THRILLED...

I can just imagine how you feel...I bet mack truck doesn't even begin to describe it...you were on an Adrenalin high...now...you've let go a little and I know you are exhausted...

I hope you can sleep tonight...and I think you'll be able too...tomorrow you will have the chore of keeping Jessi calm and quiet...some how I think you're going to have your hands full...but what a wonderful thing to have to think about!!! Sweet dreams...Judy

SUCH GOOD NEWS!!!

Hopefully Jessi and Archie and you can all sleep well tonight. :-)

Melissa too! LOL