Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Sarah has pyometra, needs surgery ASAP

78 posts in this topic

Matthew...it's 5 minutes to 10...I don't see how we'll make the deadline for 10 am...BUT is there a chance that she can go at noon?

That would give us TWO MORE HOURS to get the funding in...

Make sure that you check with IMOM about bringing her in before the funds are raised...you just want to make sure that that can happen...

WE ARE GETTING CLOSER.....Judy

Thank you so much Kim!!

No, we have no other pets. We had Sarah scheduled twice to be spayed but I've had 3 heart attacks in the last 2 years and it interfered with her appointment each time. If we had been more educated about the dangers of a dog not getting spayed I can guarantee you that we would of made it a higher priority. Now we know and we plan on educating people ourselves about the dangers.

post-7730-0-82838100-1312293511_thumb.jp

I'm sending what I can for Sarah because I have seen too many pyometra surgeries. Also, our donations can not only save Sarah's life but ensure that she will get spayed, as removal of the uterus is the primary treatment for pyo.

Matthew, I would like to know, however: Do you have other pets who are also not spayed or neutered?

OK...we are at $535.00...YAY...

We need $ 382.00....

WE CAN DO THIS...how about it?? Won't you feel good knowing that she BELOVED GIRL has a chance to get back with her family today...she has a duty to take good care of her three boys...Judy

We just contacted the Vet again and she said that if she isn't able to have Sarah by 10:45am that she wouldn't be able to do it today because today is surgery day and they have others scheduled. The next available time wouldn't be till Thursday. She was very apologetic about the whole thing.

I'm still trying everything I can think of and I know you all helping tremendously. If it doesn't happen I want to thank everyone for their effort.

30 minutes to go and my heart is pounding!

post-7730-0-87062200-1312294293_thumb.jp

It's actually $332 with Matthew's $50. They are waiting for her at the vet - anyone else able to help?

Cindy/IMOM

YAY...I am good for adding a small MATCHING CHALLENGE again...

I will match the next $50.00 donated...I'm going right now to facebook to post that on the IMOM page...Judy

I just paid my $50.00 and posted on facebook...SO IMOM angels...let's get busy...see if we can take this $50.00 in TEN MINUTES.....

Can we do it? I sure think so...Judy

We just contacted the Vet again and she said that if she isn't able to have Sarah by 10:45am that she wouldn't be able to do it today because today is surgery day and they have others scheduled. The next available time wouldn't be till Thursday. She was very apologetic about the whole thing.

I know that a vet can't shortchange other clients' pets who are scheduled for surgery, and pyometra surgery typically takes longer than a normal spay. But most vets will do their very best to fit in an emergency - not just apologize. What's the reason for the delay? Is Dr. Chalker not there on Wed? Is she totally booked?

Sounds like we need a Plan B, because Sarah can't wait until Thursday, period. Are there any other vets in the practice who could do the surgery sooner?

Edit: Acc to the hospital's website, there are 2 other vets there. I would press (politely) to see if any of the 3 vets will commit to doing the surgery first thing tomorrow morning.

Edited by Kim

YAY...I am good for adding a small MATCHING CHALLENGE again...

I will match the next $50.00 donated...

OK, Judy, I'm in. :) I had some very nice friends pay for some meals this weekend, so what the hell.... LOL When my VISA bill comes in with my 15 yr old foster cat's $2200 dental bill on it, you can join me in robbing a Brink's truck. :ninja:

ps) Matthew, thank you for answering my question above.

Edited by Kim

You are doing a great job posting and telling stories. I do hope one of the vet's will do the surgery as soon as funds are in.

Thanks to some very special angels, I am able to make some donations to PIN's in my mom's memory.

I just made a donation for Sarah.

Please give her a gentle hug from all her IMOM aunties.

Hang in there, Sarah,

Cindy

Didn't get an email alert from iMom about Sarah..but Judy alerted me..just saw it here in California. Sent Sarah $100 with my prayers for a successful surgery and swift recovery..Christine

We're SO CLOSE...are we a GO??? Judy

My donation doesn't show in Chipin-so I would def think so. I imagine Cindy is calling the vet and getting everything ready before posting here since there was a time crunch.

Thanks to all you wonderful people, Sarah is moving to AFR pp_animal_568.gif

Here's her ride....dogsled.gif

YAY RAH!!! Here come the bananas... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Matthew...this is the best thing you can see at IMOM...these bananas are a tribute to a very special kitty named Teddie...she was owned and loved by Kim and all of us here at IMOM...and her most favorite toy was a lovely yellow banana...

Now...IMOMers...I have to promise to help Kim rob that brinks truck to pay her Visa Bill...and I'll be worrying about mine too...but the bottom line is SARAH IS GOING TO SURGERY!!! I am SO HAPPY...Judy

THANKS TO ALL that donated...this was such a good thing...

Really, REALLY hoping that Sarah can have her surgery later today or tomorrow. If any of the scheduled surgeries are elective procedures, perhaps the vet hosp. would be willing to contact those owners and see if they'd agree to reschedule so Sarah's emergency could be attended to. If I got that kind of call from my vet, I wouldn't be pissed - emergencies should always come first and I'd gladly reschedule.

I was so excited I just figured that surgery is going to happen today...We were SO CLOSE...any news on the surgery? Judy

Hi everyone,

215123_258023344223805_100000484240638_1075937_2304508_n.jpg

I just got back from the vet not too long ago from dropping off Sarah. They were operating on a cat and then Sarah is up next. First, they are going to go ahead and start some blood work right away. She said if everything looked good then they would proceed. If not, they would call us if there was a problem with the blood work. Haven't heard anything thus far, so I'm hoping that's a good sign and they are proceeding with surgery.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I can't say it enough. There are no words that can express our gratitude and appreciation. As I told Judy, until Sarah was diagnosed with Pyometra, we had never heard of it or even knew there was such a danger that existed. Had we been more informed and educated, things would be very different today. We have always been in support of spaying and neutering but we didn't realize the importance of it went beyond not getting pregnant. We certainly do now!!

No matter how things turn out with Sarah we will be here to contribute in any way we can in the future. God bless each and every one of you and I don't have any doubt that he will.

I've been up going on 29 hours now so therefore I'm going to go lay down for a few hours until we hear about Sarah. I will keep everyone informed and updated.

Thank you so much k9sign!!

post-7730-0-07597700-1312305874_thumb.jp

You are doing a great job posting and telling stories. I do hope one of the vet's will do the surgery as soon as funds are in.

Thanks to some very special angels, I am able to make some donations to PIN's in my mom's memory.

I just made a donation for Sarah.

Please give her a gentle hug from all her IMOM aunties.

Hang in there, Sarah,

Cindy

Danke, gracias, merci, and thank you cgerrans!!! If I could say it in every language I would.

post-7730-0-04886300-1312306087_thumb.jp

Didn't get an email alert from iMom about Sarah..but Judy alerted me..just saw it here in California. Sent Sarah $100 with my prayers for a successful surgery and swift recovery..Christine

To you Jacki and all the wonderful, generous, kind, merciful IMOMs...you have our eternal gratitude!!

post-7730-0-13788100-1312306384_thumb.jp

Thanks to all you wonderful people, Sarah is moving to AFR pp_animal_568.gif

Here's her ride....dogsled.gif

As I told Judy, until Sarah was diagnosed with Pyometra, we had never heard of it or even knew there was such a danger that existed. Had we been more informed and educated, things would be very different today. We have always been in support of spaying and neutering but we didn't realize the importance of it went beyond not getting pregnant. We certainly do now!!

A lot of us didn't know, Matthew. IMOM has obviously made a huge difference in the lives of many companion animals, but I especially admire Jacki for using IMOM as a way to raise awareness of the health benefitsof S/N. Once Sarah is past her crisis, one of the best ways you could give back to IMOM is to spread the word in your own community. Use Facebook or whatever means you have to help educate others, so they don't find themselves in the same jam.

It just hurts our hearts to see dogs and cats suffer from something like pyometra when it could have been prevented. Folks like you are open to being educated, but we struggle with how to reach the ones who can't get out of their own way to help the animal they claim to love. Example: I've been trying to convince a resident of our local trailer park to spay her indoor cat, who originally came from the feral colony that we are Trap-Neuter-Returning. She keeps telling me the cat is shy and will be too "stressed." Well, the alternative is, the cat will be DEAD because if she gets breast cancer (chances increase with each heat cycle) or pyometra, there's no way this woman can afford a huge vet bill. I'm offering to transport the cat to the vet...... pay for the spay...... recover the cat at my house....... and transport her back home. How often do you get that kind of offer? Not only won't she take me up on it, but now she's had the nerve to call me bec she's taken in a kitten and wants my help getting it vetted. I already told her I don't do piecemeal S/N: we'll spay this one, but not that one. Unless there's a medical reason not to do surgery (which is very rare), they ALL get done!

Sorry, didn't mean to digress. We are all sending positive thoughts to Sarah for a safe and successful surgery today. :pawprint:

I hope Sarah had her surgery and is doing well. She has been on my mind all day.

Hugs to Sarah.

Cindy

I know that Matthew said he hadn't slept for 29 hrs...really hoping that everything went well and Sarah is now recovering...Judy