Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Rose: dog needs surgery

51 posts in this topic

<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/7b80a418896994c4"></param><param'>http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/7b80a418896994c4"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="event_desc" value="Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM%u2019s%20business%20operating%20expenses."></param><param name="color_scheme" value="blue"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/7b80a418896994c4" flashVars="event_desc=Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM%u2019s%20business%20operating%20expenses.&color_scheme=blue" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>

Diagnosis: Idiopathic Chylothorax

Amount of estimate: $4545.55

Owner Contribution: $2500

We need to raise: up to $2045.55

Spayed or neutered: Yes

Caseworker: Kyle

RoseKiernanpin20110709b.jpg

Rose is a 3 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback. Her lungs are repeatedly filling with fluid, which has been drained multiple times. She needs surgery, which has been tentatively scheduled for Monday 7/11/2011.

Her owner is also actively fundraising in his local area, which may limit his availability to post here. It may also change the amount needed for surgery, but we will keep out community posted in this thread if/when we receive any information.

Can you help us save Rose? Please use the widget above. Thank you!

Chylothorax isn't very common in dogs. In fact, it's more likely to occur in cats and I can only think of 1 cat case I've seen. So I thought others might like more info on this condition too. Chylothorax actually isn't fluid in the lungs - it's fluid in the chest cavity:

Fluid can accumulate in the chest. This is totally different from fluid accumulating in the lungs. Fluid in the lungs is more like drowning, with coughing and sputtering. Fluid in the chest cavity is just taking up space and keeping the lung from expanding. The problem is not so much coughing as working hard with all the muscles available to get enough air.

More info: Marvistavet - chylothorax

I found this GREAT POST from Pete...Rose's Dad...I have copied and pasted it here in Rose's thread...let's hope the photo comes through it's a beauty...

In the beginning it's really hard to get the forum figured out...let's see what we can do for Rose and surprise her Dad when he gets here...

Attached Image: IMG_1003.jpg Rose is my 3yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback we first met 3 years ago she was about 3 months old. Rose was abandoned a park in Parker AZ. it was love at first sight. I brought Rose home to San Diego and introduced her to my cat Boots, (who passed 2008). Boots was introduced to our newest addition to our family.

Rose currently was diagnosed with Chylothorax diseases that cause obstruction to the thoracic duct preventing lymph from draining normally into the venous system. Examples include tumors, heart-worm disease, and cardiac failure. The result is excess fluid that accumulates in Roses body cavity/lung area impairing her breathing.

Rose is scheduled for surgery tomorrow afternoon and with the support and help from family, friends, and the community we are praying that enough money will be raised for the surgery, and post operation care.

Rose and i would like to thank all those for your support. This evening we will be holding a fundraiser

Here's Rose and her daddy Pete from the Introductions page.

post-7621-0-56603600-1310316398_thumb.jpg

Lisa,

Thank you,

We will be heading out in a few hours for the Fundraiser.

Kim,

Thank you so much for your post. I have done research on this condition and have found that not much has been studied or known cure for this disease. I appreciate your insight on this horrifying disease that has affected Rose. It has been so heartbreaking to see how she went from this fully of life , ready for her morning walks, playtime with her friends, to just lifeless. If anyone else can give more insight on this disease all of your comments, are greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Pete and Rose

Pete...what kind of a fund raiser have you planned? Sending tons of good wishes for a TOTALLY SUCCESS EVENT...

If you see this before you go...let us know what you are doing...if not...give us an update on how you did tonight...

Rose is SO CUTE and you are doing a great job of fund raising and posting...keep up the good work...we will be here working hard to help raise funds for her on IMOM. Judy

Just saw this post from Pete about Rose...it's going to really touch your heart...PLEASE, let's see what we can do for Pete and Rose...

"As you are all aware my dog Rose has been diagnosed with Chylothorax, and this disease has completly taking over her body. Rose does not have the strength to eat on her own. I have been feeding my hand and that has not been easy due to the loss of appetite. If you knew Rose prior to this illness it would break your heart."

Judy,

Our friends own a bar in Pacific Beach called the 710 beach club located next to Crystal Pier. The fundraiser will have a silent auction for a 5 day stay at their home in Lake Tahoe. They will have some raffles and drinks specials. This event will be held from 4:00pm - 8:00pm. I have also posted flyer's at Harley Davidson store located in Kearny Mesa and Harley Davidson in San Diego.

Friends have posted the fundraiser on their Facebook page and have received some donations from there as well.

Update on Rose, she has not eaten much and pretty much just sleeps and has no interest with anyone or her pet friends. We have been making all efforts to get her some food in her so that she will have the strength to pull through this surgery and with a 100% recovery.

We both appreciate all that IMOM is doing in their efforts to raise the money for Rose.

I will keep you posted and update you on the end results of the fundraiser this evening.

Kind Regards,

Pete and Rose

I am happy to report that Rose has eaten some food, which has not been easy for her. We all know and feel Rose wants to fights and WIN!! It just brought tears to our eyes to see her finally eat and looks like she will be ready for another feeding.

Hey Pete! Just stopping in from the road to cheer on your efforts to help Rose.

Can you get 710 Beach Club to post the event on their FB page? Nothing shows.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your well wishes. I have called our friend who owns 710 beach club and have asked them to please post on their site.

Kind Regards,

Pete

THE ROSE KIERNAN BENEFIT

THIS SUNDAY WE’LL BE HOSTING A BENEFIT TO RAISE MONEY FOR PETE’S DOG ROSE.

Rose has a rare disease called Chylothorax. In animals, Chylothorax usually results from diseases that cause obstruction to the thoracic duct preventing lymph from draining normally into the venous system. Examples include tumors, heartworm disease, and cardiac failure. The result is excess fluid that accumulates in Roses body cavity/lung area impairing her breathing. Untreated, it will kill her.

**IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ROSE HAS THIS OPERATION ** IMMEDIATELY

IF NOT, SHE WON’T MAKE IT………

TIMES ARE TOUGH, WERE ALL PINCHING OUR PENNIES…………………

PETE AND ROSE NEED OUR HELP!!!

710 BEACH CLUB will be hosting a benefit for Rose this Sunday 7/10

at 710 Garnet Avenue, Pacific Beach from 4:00-8:00PM *

"Drink Specials" $3 Domestic Drafts and $3 Wells From 4-7PM

"Silent Auction" for a 5-day trip to Lake Tahoe!!!

Anyone that donates $20.00 or more will get 2 tickets for a FREE DRINK

!!!!!!!!!!!!ALL DONATIONS ARE APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to raise $4,500.00 ….PLEASE HELP

Rose…is a 3 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback Mix. Pete and Deb were out at Parker for the weekend when they found Rose. Someone had left Rose tied to a tree a week before. Pete and Rose fell in love at first site, and Rose found a new home San Diego. Rose got her name due to her reversed hair on her back that is in the shape of a rose. Ridgebacks are known for their bravery; Rose is very brave and wants to get better. Please help xoxoxo

710 Beach Club

710 Garnet Avenue

Pacific Beach, CA 92109

Next to Crystal Pier <BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

IMOM angels...this girl is SPECIAL and her Dad saved her life...can you imagine that sweet face as she sat tied to a tree waiting for someone to save her??

She's waiting again for her Dad to save her...she's sick...and she needs help quickly...

Tonight is Rose's fund raiser...let's do some fund raising of our own...I don't have anything to offer in exchange for a donation, except a sweet little girl being able to stay with her Dad longer...let's see what we can do about that...

Pete is doing a heck of a job posting and fund raising...let's give them the support and help they deserve...

Did you read in Pete's earlier post...Rose at something today...he has to hand feed her...look at her little face...her eyes are beautiful...let's get them back to a sparkle...just like in her photo...

Pete, I live in Ohio so won't be up when you get back from the fund raiser...will check in early tomorrow morning Ohio time to see how you did...

Sending tons of positive thoughts that Rose works her magic...the bulletin is great...so...take a poster with you...who's going to be able to resist that sweet face...Judy

Judy,

Thank you and IMOM for your support and positive thoughts. I will keep you updated on the fundraiser, and for all you San Diego friends, we will see you at 710 beach club in a few hours.

Thank you to all!!

Pete and Rose

IMOM angels...while Pete is away and busying working on the fund raiser for Rose...let's see what we can do on our end...

NO DONATION IS TOO SMALL...it all adds up...don't worry about the amount needed...we can take baby steps if we have to...just cutting back on a cup of coffee each morning will make a nice donation to Rose...maybe pack your lunch 3 times this week...another nice donation for Rose...

See, it's almost painless...how about no fast food lunch for a week...that would be a great donation for Rose...

It's easy...just a few minutes of your time in the morning and you can pack a nice healthy lunch and help Rose at the same time...Let's see what we can all do next week...maybe we could even lose a pound or two...Judy

THE ROSE KIERNAN BENEFIT

710 Beach Club will be hosting a benefit for my dog Rose TODAY, 7/10, between 4-8pm

We need to raise $4,500.00 for her surgery….PLEASE HELP :pp_animal_568:

If you cannot make the benefit, but want to donate, please call me: Pete 619-701-8872

710 Beach Club is located at 710 Garnet Avenue, Pacific Beach, 92109 next to Crystal Pier :)

YAY RAH...I just looked...we have $125.00 in donations...

Way to go angels...see...we are starting to pick up steam...I'll be checking back in in a couple of hours...hoping for more donations...I am SO HAPPY...we are on our way...

YAY PETE and ROSE.....Judy

Rose has just had a 2nd feeding today. Yeah! she finished her food... Rose knows she needs her strength for tomorrow !!

I will be signing off for a few hours. Leaving for Rose's fundraiser. I will update when I return this evening.

Pete and Rose

THE ROSE KIERNAN BENEFIT

THIS SUNDAY WE'LL BE HOSTING A BENEFIT TO RAISE MONEY FOR PETE'S DOG ROSE.

Rose has a rare disease called Chylothorax. In animals, Chylothorax usually results from diseases that cause obstruction to the thoracic duct preventing lymph from draining normally into the venous system. Examples include tumors, heartworm disease, and cardiac failure. The result is excess fluid that accumulates in Roses body cavity/lung area impairing her breathing. Untreated, it will kill her.

**IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ROSE HAS THIS OPERATION ** IMMEDIATELY

IF NOT, SHE WON'T MAKE IT………

TIMES ARE TOUGH, WERE ALL PINCHING OUR PENNIES…………………

PETE AND ROSE NEED OUR HELP!!!

710 BEACH CLUB will be hosting a benefit for Rose this Sunday 7/10

at 710 Garnet Avenue, Pacific Beach from 4:00-8:00PM *

Anyone that donates $20.00 or more will get 2 tickets for a FREE DRINK

We need to raise $4,500.00 ….PLEASE HELP

Rose…is a 3 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback Mix. Pete and Deb were out at Parker for the weekend when they found Rose. Someone had left Rose tied to a tree a week before. Pete and Rose fell in love at first site, and Rose found a new home San Diego. Rose got her name due to her reversed hair on her back that is in the shape of a rose. Ridgebacks are known for their bravery; Rose is very brave and wants to get better. Please help xoxoxo

710 Beach Club

710 Garnet Avenue

Pacific Beach, CA 92109

Next to Crystal Pier <BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

So, I convinced them here at Hillbilly Willie's that they should allow me to virtually support Rose. I'm drinking my Hendricks on the house, and donation on it's way.

Those who are not in San Diego, won't you join along and virtually attend the fundraiser for Rose? Cheers (for Rose).

Sending positive thoughts that Rose has a big turn out for her fund raiser tonight...I hope the people find her as irresistible as I do...

Will be checking in first thing in the AM to see how things went...hoping for the BEST...I see that Rose now has $250.00 with IMOM...YAY RAH...let's keep that chip in moving upwards...Judy

Great turn out at the fundraiser thank you to all who have supported on IMOM and in San Diego

Thank you

Pete and Rose

Edited by pete48

Pete and the most beautiful Rose,

I have just made a donation for $500.00. This represents $100.00 in memory of each of my Rhodesian Ridgeback mixes that awaits me at the "Bridge". They are Colby, Tillington, Madison, Wilsham and Blythe.

I hope to see that Rose is doing better very soon.

Pam