Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Vicky T - IMOM

Grey Grey Dick - Hernia in the diaphragm

106 posts in this topic

Grey Grey seems to be feeling much better today. He's back to climbing into boxes. No matter how small they are he seems to fit. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Grey Grey is doing well still. He doesn't seem like he has fluild building up yet. He returns to the vet tomorrow for a check up. Dr. Hays and Dr. Smith have been amazing. They are keeping in contact tp see how he progressing and are always available for any concerns that I have. While I am posting here Grey Grey just jumped up onto the counter. The first time he's done that since he became ill! I will let you all know what the vet says tomorrow after I pick him up.

Thinking of Grey Grey this morning. I hope the vet visit confirms the fluid is not returning and the new medications are doing the trick.

Give him a snuggle for me, and head butts from the pride.

The vet drained Grey Grey's fluid again today. She said their was still quiet a bit of fluid but not as much as before. He is definitely a lot more active.

Tiffany is at teen camp as a counselor this week so I will be updating everyone on Grey Grey's recovery. This is Tiffany's mom, Sandy, AKA "cat sitter" this week. Grey Grey has been trying to get outside today. He's either looking for Tiffany or just wants to go and run. He looks great and is active. I will be donating to IMOM as soon as I can get caught up somewhat on the kids medical bills. I don't know if I'll ever get them all paid, but I plan on donating as soon as possible. I would like to say Thank You to IMOM for helping my daughter to get Grey Grey the surgery he desperately needed. I would also like to thank everyone who donated and those who gave encouragement to Tiffany for Grey Grey.

I'm very happy to hear that Grey Grey is doing well. Since the fluid build-up was less, perhaps it is just part of his recovery from the surgery that the fluid is still building up, and will get less over time until it is no longer an issue. I'll keep my fingers crossed that is the case!

Tiffany is lucky she has you to catsit. And Grey Grey is a very lucky cat to have such a caring and committed mom. :)

Judy G.

It will be back to the vet tomorrow for a check up. Hopefully the fluid is less. He still seems to be doing well. Thanks Judy for your continued support.

Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed that Grey Grey continues to improve.

Grey Grey had a lot less fluid to be removed today. He is getting around much better and continues to improve. Thanks Lisa for your continued support. Thanks IMOM for everything! Tiffany will be back tomorrow.

Well I just got back today. Grey Grey looks amazing. He crawled right into my bag as soon as I layed it down. I wish I could have taken him with me. I missed him soo much but my mom did take excellent care of him in my absence. :)

Hi Tiffany,

I am sure you are glad to be back with Grey Grey, and it is wonderful to hear that he is doing so well. He was such a sick kitty there for a while. It's nice to get some good news. :)

I hope he just gets better and better!

Judy G.

Grey Grey returned to the vet today for a check up and had quite a bit of fluid built up again. They will re-evaluate him on Thursday to see how much fluid he has again to see if they need to add any meds.

Hi Tiffany,

Does the vet think it is building up more slowly than before, or is it still about the same? I hope they can get him past this series of fluid build-ups soon, and have him be completely well-though he does sound as though he is doing quite well despite the fluid continuing to collect.

Sending lots of hugs for Grey Grey and wishes for a completely-back-to-normal-kitty very, very soon.

Judy G.

Thanks Judy for your concern. He is fighting with this fluild build up. Tomorrow they are going to check his blood pressure and possible give him an additional medication. Sometimes the fluid is a lot and other times it not so much. Hopefully, they will be able to tryl something additional tomorrow. I am very thankful to IMOM for the financial support and to the veterinarians for such commitment.

Shoot! I was hoping the fluid build up was less and taking longer to build up. Do the vets think this will improve over time, or with changing his medications?

At least he is doing well over all, but I am sure you would like him to be past all of this and no more worries about him.

Keep us updated.

Judy G.

Grey Grey will go back tomorrow to the vet to check his fluid in his chest. Hopefully, he will have a lot less. He's acting fine, so I think this is a good sign. HEY EVERYONE! I JUST GOT BAPTIZED TODAY!!! IT WAS SO EXCITING! Eventhough I went to camp as a counselor, I guess it impacted me also so much. It was an exciting day today!

Congratulations on your baptism! And so glad to hear Grey Grey is acting fine. I guess it's just a slow recovery, but if he seems normal that is a good sign.

Thanks again for the updates.

Judy G.

Grey Grey returned to the vet today for a check up. They didn't have to drain any fluid! This is such good news. They've added a new medication for his heart. Hopefully he will keep improving. Thank you everyone!!!!!!!

Oh, I am so happy to hear the fluid did not need to be drained. Wonderful news! Let's hope it's all smooth sailing from now on. :)

Judy G.

Grey Grey will return to the vet today he is having a little difficulty, not for sure if it is his breathing or not. He almost made it a week this time. I keep hoping that he will eventually not need his chest drained.

They kept Grey Grey overnight. They were able to remove some fluid but he was fighting them so much they didn't want to stress him out. They say it's a good sign that he's feeling much better.

Tiffany,

I'm sorry Grey Grey is still having fluid build-ups and that he had to spend the night away from Mom. :( At least it does seem to take a little longer to build up, so I am still hoping it is just part of the healing process from such a big procedure, and maybe he will go a little longer between fluid buildups each time...I would say if he is feeling fiesty again that is a really good sign!

Hope he comes home today feeling much better!

Judy G. :felineicon:

I have been checking in on Grey Grey always and I want to let you know that you are such a good Momma...thank you for taking such good care of him...what a lucky little boy...I'm with Judy...hoping that some day soon he will be feeling SO much better...but from the sounds of things, he's building his strength back up!!! Judy