Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Melissa 1

Gizmo: Gastrointestinal bleeding

62 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Gastrointestinal bleeding Needs Ultrasound and diagnostics – URGENT. (NEED FUNDS TODAY!)

Amount of estimate: $793.80

Owner Contribution: $1390

IMOM Pledged on 5/17: $500 for a transfusion to keep Gizmo going<o:p></o:p>

We need to raise: $826 (4% has been added to help pay IMOM's business operating expenses)

Spayed or neutered: No, but cannot be done at this time.

Caseworker: Melissa

<o:p>

Gizmo's mom Kelly, is doing everything she can for Gizmo, her 2 year old Pekingese. Gizmo was found walking down the main road in her neighborhood. She fell instantly in love with the little guy. Gizmo has lost a lot of blood and has needed 2 transfusions in the last few days. IMOM was able to help with the emergency transfusion late last night, but today we need the help from IMOM Angels in getting the Ultra Sound done. Kelly has exhausted all her Care Credit and has borrowed as much money as she can from relatives and friends. The vet does not know why there is Gastrointestinal bleeding and really cannot continue giving transfusions unless they find out what is going on. </o:p>

We are going to try our best to collect these funds today. The Vet said its critical that they figure out what is wrong today as Gizmo is just hanging on. Please help Gizmo out if you can. No donation is too small.

<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/4b18c455aa0e2d33"></param><param'>http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/4b18c455aa0e2d33"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="event_desc" value="Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM’s%20business%20operating%20expenses."></param><param name="color_scheme" value="brown"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/4b18c455aa0e2d33" flashVars="event_desc=Paypal%20and%20all%20major%20credits%20cards%20are%20accepted.%204%25%20has%20been%20added%20to%20this%20fund%20raiser%20to%20pay%20IMOM’s%20business%20operating%20expenses.&color_scheme=brown" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>

post-6025-0-58189100-1305735716_thumb.jp

Edited by Melissa IMOM

Gizmo really needs us to rally and quickly. Who can resist that face? Please Angels - I know times are tough for every one of us right now. But dear Gizmo needs our help - every little bit will help!!! Please make a donation and help us to save this sweet one.

The day that I rescued Gizmo, was one of the best days of my life. The love in his eyes when he looks at me, is enough to melt my heart and make me forget any bad could exist in this world. He is such a sweet and gentle little guy, with a big personality. He loves to be around people, and soak up the love. He is content just sitting next to you and knowing you are there. He is an amazing friend, and makes my house a home. I can't imagine what my life would be like without Gizmo. It is breaking my heart that he was walking down a main road, all 10lbs of him on a cold December day, and now 4 months later he is so sick.

6iyw52.jpg

Every morning, I wake up to this little face. He comes in my bedroom, and I can hear his tags jingling. He comes up to the side of the bed and uses all his might to reach me to wake me up. He may be little, but he wants his morning kisses and he will do what he has to do to get them. Please help my boy.

Look at that irresistible nose. You'll find I am a dog nose adorer! :)

Gizmo is on the East Coast, so time is running short. Let's do what we can to help raise these funds for Gizmo and his mommy.

Thank you for taking in Gizmo and opening up your heart and home.....so many people just turn a blind eye to homeless pets in need :(

My donation is on the way, I am sorry it can't be more - but every little bit helps.

Angels, can you help Gizmo? A GI bleed is pretty serious, so we need to do what we can to get him fixed up and quickly! If you are unable to donate, can you spread the word to others who might be able to?

Thanks Angels.

Hang in there Gizmo!

Vicky M

IMOM

Gizmo first presented to us on May 13th for severe anemia, which was diagnosed by his referring veterinarian. We treated Gizmo with a packed red blood cell transfusion that day and hospitalized him overnight for stabilization and monitoring purposes. Despite the first red blood cell transfusion and other therapy administered, Gizmo's red blood cell count decreased again the following day. A second red blood cell transfusion was administered on May 14th. Although gastrointestinal bleeding is suspected to be the cause of his blood loss, Gizmo still needs further diagnostics, such as abdominal ultrasound and a chemistry blood test to help determine the underlying cause of the decreased red blood cell count. It is our goal to try to obtain those diagnostics today, such that we can tailor our treatment plan accordingly.

Gizmo is an excellent patient and has been a sweetheart while under our care. Please help us find answers for this little guy, so we can best treat his disease.

Sincerely,

Gizmo's veterinarian

A note from Gizmo's veterinarian! How very sweet of you to take the time to post. Really appreciate the help you are giving to little Gizmo and to his mom to try and get through this.

And big thank yous to the donors who have already contributed or have reposted to help save Gizmo. Very much appreciated to help get Gizmo on the road to figuring out what is wrong so that he can be treated.

$781 more to go.....we can do it!

Melissa

Gizmo first presented to us on May 13th for severe anemia, which was diagnosed by his referring veterinarian. We treated Gizmo with a packed red blood cell transfusion that day and hospitalized him overnight for stabilization and monitoring purposes. Despite the first red blood cell transfusion and other therapy administered, Gizmo's red blood cell count decreased again the following day. A second red blood cell transfusion was administered on May 14th. Although gastrointestinal bleeding is suspected to be the cause of his blood loss, Gizmo still needs further diagnostics, such as abdominal ultrasound and a chemistry blood test to help determine the underlying cause of the decreased red blood cell count. It is our goal to try to obtain those diagnostics today, such that we can tailor our treatment plan accordingly.

Gizmo is an excellent patient and has been a sweetheart while under our care. Please help us find answers for this little guy, so we can best treat his disease.

Sincerely,

Gizmo's veterinarian

pp_animal_261.gif Thank you Dr. H and everyone at VMC for all your help and caring for my boy!

Ah how sweet. Look at that little guy. How is he doing? I am sure he was happy to see you! And I am sure he asked "Mom what is going on...."

He is absolutley adorable. Please angels help this preicous little boy, please save his life you can always make more money. There must be something that you can do without that you won't miss. How about the coke or candy bar out of the machine at work, that DVD you was going to rent. I didn't have much but I gave what I could. My thoughts and prayers are with Gizmo and you

Rose

Edited by Melissa IMOM
took out double pic

He is absolutley adorable. Please angels help this preicous little boy, please save his life you can always make more money. There must be something that you can do without that you won't miss. How about the coke or candy bar out of the machine at work, that DVD you was going to rent. I didn't have much but I gave what I could. My thoughts and prayers are with Gizmo and you

Rose

Rose! Thank you for your kindness and big heart! Gizmo and I both thank you! xoxoheart.gif

Ah how sweet. Look at that little guy. How is he doing? I am sure he was happy to see you! And I am sure he asked "Mom what is going on...."

I just spoke to Dr. H who said the blood transfusion helped Gizmo, a lot! Thank you IMOM for your pledge for Gizmo's blood transfusion! He he hanging on, but still needs the underlying problem fixed, and fast.

We have additional donations made directly to Gizmo from our donation page of $130.00. That brings the total up to $175.

$651 more to go! We are in the $600's now, that is making progress for Gizmo! aktion033.gifYipppeee! Thank you IMOM Angel Donors!!!

Edited by Melissa IMOM

Couldn't give much but gave what I could. Such a cute face to look at!!! Prayers are with you and Gizmo!!!

IMOM angels...Gizmo's Momma is really trying HARD to get this little guy help...

And, the vet has even posted to say what a special little boy he is...

What a testimonial....we can do this...miracles happen every day here at IMOM...we have some special bridge kids watching over IMOM at all times...and don't forget the most important one of all... :magicmoon:

Can we skip lunch the rest of the week...perhaps your morning Dunkin Donuts coffee? It's only for two days...but each and every dollar counts...it really does...Judy

I just donated $151.00 to little Gizmo. Kelly, hang in there, help is definitely on the way. Bless you for taking him in when he was homeless, that makes you as special as him!!

Pam

MATCHING Challenge:

One of our donors is offering a matching challenge of $100. In the next 30 mins, this donor will match anything that comes in up to $100.00. So let's do it, thats a quick $100.00 if we can boast those donations in the next 30 mins. Come on angels, we can do it for Gizmo!

Melissa/IMOM

I just donated $151.00 to little Gizmo. Kelly, hang in there, help is definitely on the way. Bless you for taking him in when he was homeless, that makes you as special as him!!

Pam

OMG, Pam! TY So much for your donations. I'm literally sitting here crying thinking of Gizmo and how wonderful it is that there are people like you all out there who are willing to help and give so much to him. The chills I get when I see all these messages of love and support for my little boy. <3 xoxo

BTW the update on the fund is $416 total. We need $410 more to go! If we can get the 100 in next 30 mins, we will be almost half way there!!!

Melissa

$466 now. ($105 so far via the ChipIn widget above + $361 via imom.org/donation.)

$360 to go if my math is right, and I think it is.

Thank you! Let's put him over the top!