Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Leslie B.

Swirlie And Max Ortiz - Special Needs Cats -

1,600 posts in this topic

Swirlie's BGCR last night was 100 6 hrs after eating and 181 8 hrs later, that is so much better then his old high 200 mid 300 range !!!!!

have-a-shining-weekend.gif LOVE,happydance.gif

MAX / HENRY / SWIRLIE,AND I

post-5632-128969944108_thumb.jpegpost-5632-128969893619_thumb.jpgphoto-5632.jpg

IZZIE HENRY SWIRLIE

AND ME, WISH U A GREAT SUNDAY,,,,,,,,

Hey guys, Swirlie is doing great, he does not sleep that much any more since his Insulin has adjusted so well. He wishes I would hire him a full time cat player, but $ does not grow on trees, but he does not get that he says, "Ma, just give them leaves". And I tell him stories about back in the day when humans were in tune with reality we could do that sort of stuff, and he does not understand why it still is not that way. Well, I tell him, animals still tune in, and so do the IMOM angels. And he does "HIS DANCE", as he smiles.

Have a blessed, healthy, safe, and happy Season as well as days to follow!!!

christmas-winter11.gif

U MET THESE 3; IZZIE,HENRY,SWIRLIE

post-5632-128969944108_thumb.jpegpost-5632-128969893619_thumb.jpgphoto-5632.jpg

SO NOW MEET HENRYS' RIGHT LEG, MAX;

post-5632-129064211224_thumb.jpgpost-5632-129064215803_thumb.jpg

Edited by swirlie

Wishing you ALL a VERY Happy

and Blessed Thanksgiving !!!

sowt9t.jpg

Give Swirlie some special scritches !!!

With ALL our Love ~

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

Okiedokie, Dec is almost here, oh my gosh and so soon, Swirlie loves to make his chubby bed all smooshie/smushie, and purrs while hes making it softer (so he thinks) maybe he wants to be a cook and hes practicing his kneading skills,,heehehee, have a fun week which is just around the corner, directly after Sunday which is tomorrow, and thank u 4 all u do,,,,,,

ATTENTION ALL ANGELS

Swirlie and I want to say,,,

006.gif

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for helping us,,,,, and, have a nice day !!!!!!

Hi there BiBi and Swirlie !!! :)

Hope y'all are having a great start to what will be a great week for y'all !!! How's Swirlie doing ?? Playing hard with his brothers ?? In other words, kicking their hineys !! :lol: Hope the weather is good ~ it's been getting down to freezing at night here (hopefully that's going to let up) brrrrrr !!!!!!!!

Give Swirlie LOTS of kisses, scritches, and tummy rubs from his Auntie Donna (and don't forget his brothers too ;) ) !! :wub: 'The Bandit' sends y'all lots of his chatty meows and head butts; I'm sending you extra special :hugs: and we both send y'all . . .

ALL of our love,

now, always, and forever ~

Take good care,

:felineicon:

:heart::heart:

hello all, Swirlie is totally awake today and just in a blaa sort of mood but its cloudy and yuckie humid out so perhaps hes picking up on it,,,,,he seems to be ok health wise just not sleepy today, his brothers have been sleepy all day so hes enjoying the day to himself with no fur buds to get in his way, he has sucked his new favorite toy to its last leg so i guess soon he will have to replace it for another toy cause it will become History very soon (there is hardly anything left of it Swirlie thinks its a lollipop),

I'm out in the glooms cause as of Dec Th unemployment is history, and I have exhausted all avenues of looking for a job, I'm scared because I have no more ideas as to where to look or go,,,, but, I am no where near alone, which makes it harder, due to the Gov unemployment decision of taking it away from Floridians, over 40,000 will start losing their jobs weekly according to statistics, all those not receiving unemp can not purchase or pay bills thus taking lots of more jobs away from those that work in those areas;

at least Swirlie has u to help him with his meds, which is what keeps his breath happening, so again, THANK U ANGELS,,,,,,

i can not afford his diabetes food so if u know of an over the counter that works let me know, the vet frowns on any other then DIABETES FOOD,,,,,,,,,and I fear switching him over to regular food because he is doing so well,,,,,,

he just jumped on his favorite Japanese bench where he meditates,,,,,,(picture attached)post-5632-129114763515_thumb.jpgpost-5632-129114759874_thumb.jpg

Aw Swirlie it's a gloomy day here too. It's been raining all day. Sometimes it is nice to have no furbuds get in the way of playing with toys, so I am glad Swirlie is enjoying his "lollipop" toy.

I am so sorry that this month brings an end to unemployment. I know u must be frustrated by not finding a job. I will keep sending up positive thoughts and prayers that u can find some work.

I also know how hard it is to afford special diets. I hope someone with a 'sugarcat' can give u some ideas.

Big hugs to both u and Swirlie.

Cindy, Tuck and Justice

Hi sweeties .......

I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner (have been having a rough time - dr. tmw).

When I first suspected my BBB was diabetic, and had him tested the 1st of March 2005 - he was on Rx dry food for his bladder [Hill's c/d]. The first part of 2007, one of the other vet's suggested I start adding more protein by the way of canned food ---- I explained my financial problems and she ran of copies of "Janet and Binky's" canned food. And, I went over that -- looking for the highest protein, lowest carb & calories.

Her site has changed and expanded a LOT !! And it is a HUGE help to those who are managing "sugar kitties" with over the counter foods. [No, vets, do not like it -- however, sometimes, we don't have a choice ... and we are making as many sacrifices for our babies as possible]. It's recently that I've had to try Bandit on Hill's K/D (which is VERY expensive -- I got one time help from towards part of the price) .... but Bandit is having a hard time eating the little tiny nuggets -- he's been used to bigger ones with IAMS Digestive Care [which the stores can't seem to get this last month -- don't know how much longer :(( ].

If you want to keep Swirlie only on dry food -- keep in mind, you will not be able to find as low a calorie, and high a protein as Rx -- but you can come close.

Here is the link for the DRY FOOD for "Janet & Binky's" Site:

http://binkyspage.tripod.com/dryfood.html

Here is the link to [the name has changed] - "BINKY'S PAGE": http://binkyspage.tripod.com/dryfood.html

There is A LOT of VERY helpful information, and A LOT of different links as to Feline Diabetes and Nutrition.

Let me know if you have any problems navigating them.....I know it is a LOT of information to take in.

I'm so sorry for all you are going through in your employment situation, BiBi -- and all of those in Florida, and here in Cali (it's much worse than the news lets on). Please know you, Swirlie and the boys will be in my heart and my most positive thoughts and prayers. Give them ALL LOTS 'n LOTS of kisses, nuzzles, and scritches from their Auntie Donna.

And know I'm sending you tons of GREAT :hugs: and love !!!!!

qwyes1.jpg

Sending you ALL, ALL of our Love,

now, always and forever ~

Take special care, and keep your chin up !!!!

:felineicon:

:heart::heart:

I feel special to have such great support from the IMOM angels, if it was not for u guys what would Swirlie do,,,,, I will plug into all the advice, meanwhile please help me have a plan for Swirlie Incas I need to pack up due to $$$$$, I can always crash here and there but no one wants to let me crash with the 3 cats,,,,,I'm scared and want the best for him, thank u 4 all the positive feed back, I need it now more then ever,,,,plus, they just found several lumps on my MRI of my right breast and they do not sound real positive about it, what better timing,,,,,sorry such bad news but I am falling apart,,,,,please keep the positive emails coming, I need some light,,,,,,

positive thoughts and prayers have been heading up...and will continue.

Hugs to both you and Swirlie.

Cindy, tuck and Justie

thank u for hearing me out, i apologize for venting, I'm just lost right now, thank u 4 all the positive feedback and for all ur help, Swirlie needs that now more then ever, thank u so much for spreading ur wings,,,,,,

ok; it is freezing today (for us south Floridians, low 60's) and Swirlie is all cuddled up in his squisshie bed on his baby blankie, his brother Max has way too much energy during these nippy times and cant seem to want to do anything but figure out ways to escape outside, which he is not going to, Henry well he just stares at everyone in wonder,,,,my MRI is on the 13th ,,,, news of that will follow afterwords, I'm on my way to the Mall to put in more resumes,,,,, luv u all,,,,,,,

post-5632-129139025251_thumb.jpg

post-5632-129139027218_thumb.jpg

post-5632-129139029474_thumb.jpg

Swirlie has been sleeping in his squishy bed all day on his new baby blankie, i think the baby vibes (it was donated) from the blankie is giving him deep angel baby dreams,,,,,,,

Glad to see that Swirlie is doing well...

About your job situation. Have you thought of relocating where there are teaching jobs? I don't even know where that is right now, but is that an option for you?

Do you have friends or family near you that can let you stay at their house until you can find employment?

I have a friend who has been laid off for nearly two years now and she is losing her unemployment this month also. I feel so terrible for people in that situation.

Have you gone to an employment agency? They were able to help me out when I got laid off 5 yrs. ago...I know what you are feeling...

Hang in there...I hope that this month will be your lucky month and things will turn around for you...Judy

Sweetie ~

Just want you to know -- you are loved, thought about and prayed for .... (have been extremely ill the past few days) I will get in touch soon.

Please give Swirlie & the boys LOTS of special tummy rubs, cuddles and kisses...and know I'm sending you LOTS of extra special healing hugs and love and holding you ALL very tight in my heart !!!!! :heart:

Bandit sends LOTS of his very special extra loud purrs.

Love you :wub:

:heart: :heart:

thank u for hearing me out, i apologize for venting

Don't u ever worry abt venting Bibi, we all need to let it out at times. Plus u never know when someone will have some advice or suggestions...and it's so nice to just have support.

Thanks for the prayers for Justice!

Hugs,

Cindy

YAHOOO, it is totally cold today,(30's);;;; the boys are all cuddled up in their warm beds by the sun light, and very frisky when they wake;;;

... i raised $ for a bag of Swirlies food so Santa can unload that bag off his sleigh,,,, luv u all !!!!!!!!

Hi Sweetie ~

Glad Swirlie and the boys are doing well and are loving the cold.

Sorry I haven't been "out & about" -- been real sick. I am keeping "you" and Swirlie and his brothers very much in my prayers, and tight in my heart.

Will call you soon to brain storm.

Know you are thought of and loved very much !!!

GREA :hugs: and MUCH MUCH LOVE ~

to you and the boys,

:heart: :heart:

Just stopping by to do a little toe tapping with my bud, Swirlie. Bibi, we are holding you in our prayers and respect how hard you work to keep your little family of kitties together. I can't believe those temperatures down your way.

christmas-penguins23.gif and the IMOM angels do it all and do it right !!!!!!

post-5632-129156535484_thumb.jpgpost-5632-129156539277_thumb.jpgSWIRLIE, HENRY, MAX

Edited by swirlie