Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Leslie B.

Swirlie And Max Ortiz - Special Needs Cats -

1,600 posts in this topic

Wow, we luv it when we get mail,,,,,please let me know if I need to do something so Swirlie can not get Pancreas, like special test, etc,,,

And, yes this is a terrific organization, well, Swirlie is alive due to it so that speaks for itself.

may angels guide you all,,,,,

peg4.gif

Hi Bibi,

Keep on meaning to post and welcome you to IMOM. By this time am sure you already know what a special organization you have found for Swirlie. Am so glad he is thriving so.

Diabetes can be scary. I'm Susan ...furparent of Zoom Manly, a poodle who lost her battle with diabetes due to pancreatis the end of last January so am now Loving Memory; but IMOM and her wonderful sponsors and angels gave us 4 treasured years together after she was diagnosed with diabetes. She was a fighter, and would not give up ...am sure your Swirlie is just the same. I hope you have many wonderful happy, "regulated" years together still.

MisChief is my new poodle and enjoying her puppyhood. Still feel Zoom's presence and am sure she sent her to keep her Mom company.

I hope things continue to go well for you and Swirlie ..and again, welcome to IMOM ....and hope life is being kind new member!

hugs.gif

Susan, MisChief

& Zoom in Spirit

YAHOO THE DAY IS ALMOST HERE, AND COUNTING,,,,,,,SWIRLIE IS DRESSING UP LIKE A HOCKEY PLAYER,,,,,,

FOR THOSE THAT LIKE TO BAKE,,,,,RUN CURSER ON TITLE,,,,,,

Devilish Halloween Desserts : Pictures : Recipes and Cooking ...

Serve up some Halloween fun with these ghoulishly good desserts. Previous; Next; Photo 1 of 7. Hide Caption Show Caption Photo 1 of 7 Our Ghouly Cupcakes ...http://www.foodnetwo...ures/index.html

Edited by swirlie

I just had a moment to check in on you and Swirlie...WOW...you have some GREAT POSTS...Swirlie is a lucky guy to have such a good Mom that takes good care of him and worked hard to get him what he needed to be healthy again...

Know that people are reading even when they don't post...you are doing an amazing job with your posts...I have been with IMOM a long time and I'm only able to use the emicons...I LOVE what you do...Donna, Bandit's Mom does the same really cool things that you do...

I'll be anxious to hear how you and Swirlie did for Halloween...

Hoping you're having some luck finding a job...I know how frustrating that can be....Judy

HI, IT IS ME, SWIRLIE, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE OUR OUTFITS,,MAY GOD BE WITH U ALL,,,,,,,

www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=2429295075048&source=jl999 (GREAT FLICK)

HAPPY HOLIDAY,,,,,,AND MANY MORE,,,,,,,MAY U NEVER GROW OLD,,,,

halloween_glitter_graphics07.gif

trickortreatghost.gif

trickortreatcats.gif

HENRY SWIRLIE MAX LOVE ALWAYS;

JUDY,,,,U WROTE; Donna, Bandit's Mom does the same really cool things that you do...

HOW DO I FIND HER POSTS ????? THANK U 4 LIKING OURS AS WELL,,,,,

WE LUV TO BE CRAFTY IN THIS HOUSE THAT GOD BUILDS DAILY,,,,,

black-cat-witch-eyes.jpgblack-cat-witch-eyes.jpgblack-cat-witch-eyes.jpg

Donna and Bandit right now are right underneath Swirlie's thread...it says...Bandit McLean...they are also PINs here on IMOM and Donna does post on other threads...but, you can go to Bandit's thread and read all about them...

The forum is alittle hard to figure out in the beginning, but the longer you're here the easier it's going to get...

Keep up the good work...Judy

Donna and Bandit right now are right underneath Swirlie's thread...it says...Bandit McLean...they are also PINs here on IMOM and Donna does post on other threads...but, you can go to Bandit's thread and read all about them...

The forum is alittle hard to figure out in the beginning, but the longer you're here the easier it's going to get...

Keep up the good work...Judy

I'm not sure if when a PIN is first accepted in the Pets with Ongoing needs area, if maybe u are just given ur own pets specific link to his/her own PIN page? If that is the case here is how u find other PIN's in the same forum as Swirlie:

You know where u originally were posting in the Introduction section, etc.? Well u go to the main forum page at:

http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?act=idx

and scroll down to Pets with Ongoing Needs and click on it. You will see a list of other PIN's, and depending on who last posted, that PIN will be at the top of where the list begins. So u can be at the bottom of the list, and as soon as u post, u are back at the top.

As Judy said, right this minute, Swirlie is at the top, since I am at this point posting on swirlie's thread. Later when I post on my boys' PIN page (Tucker and Justice) they will be at the top, until someone else posts on another PIN page.

Also as Judy said, some of us post on the other PIN's threads--it isn't a requirement, but it is nice to support other PIN's here. There are several here with diabetic PIN's, so u may particularly want to check out those threads. I always read all the other PIN's threads, but don't always post.

Besides Bandits thread (Donna--who does cool gifs (like u post) all over IMOM, and is such a support to us all), u may want to read the last few posts on Reece's thread-a diabetic Yorkie--who recently has had a problem that is most likely from the way the insulin was mailed out (not on ice or a cool pack)--it shows that u def want to ALWAYS keep the insulin refrigerated-never even leave on the counter at home all day, becuz what happened to Reece could happen to anyone.

Many threads have many pages-so u can find down the list of PIN's what thread u want to post on, and look over to the far right side where it has the last person who posted (don't click on their name or siggy unless u want to read their profile), but click on the date immediately above the name, and that takes u to the last post of the thread (or once u have looked at that thread, the next time it takes u to the last post u read).

LOL. Hope I haven't totally confused u!!

totally spinning beyond confusion, too heavy for my blond moment mind,,,,but i will try,,,,meanwhile

halloween12.gif and many more,,,,,,,,,,

Hi BiBi, u asked over on my boys thread abt sending private messages, and I thought I would put an answer here too.

When I want to send a PM, I go to a post the person I want to contact has written, and over to the left I click on their name/siggy, then I look down that persons profile and it has something like 'send me a message', and I click on that and follow directions to send a message. Some people turn off their private messenger (see 'settings' below).

I am not very puter savvy, so I just click on abt everything at the top of the pages, just to see where it takes me. LOL.

You may also want to go to the top of one of Swirlie's pages (or any page), and u will see where it has

'signed in as Swirlie' then beside that it has 'My Settings'...click on my settings, and u can get a lot of helpful info (plus choose ur settings).

I thought I would also give u the direct link to Bandit's (Donna) thread. I know u have wanted to 'talk' with her since she also has a diabetic kitty. You can send her a PM by clicking on her name/siggy that is to the left of any post she has written anywhere on IMOM.

http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=2939&st=630

Hugs to u and swirlie.

Edited by k9sign

SWIRLIE WOULD LIKE TO SHARE SOME MAGICK WITH U, CAUSE AFTER ALL , HE IS MAGICK,,,,, OH' AND HE IS ALWAYS THANKING ALL OF YOU'S 4 REACHING OUT,,,,,,

angel-desi-glitters-110.gif

Edited by swirlie

anidogfris.gif IT IS DROPPING TO THE LOW 50'S; minichat6.gif YIPPIIIEEEE EYEAYE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have-a-shining-weekend.gif LOVE,happydance.gif MAX / HENRY / SWIRLIE,AND I

Edited by swirlie

My cats all loved the catnip bananas made by the company in Hagerstown MD. Unfortunately, that company was sold... and my kitties say the new bananas just aren't the same. Amazing how picky they are about their toys, huh?

I hope Swirlie is still perfecting his dance moves.

Swirlie dances lately as part of his exercises (hes a jock), he now is starting to walk forward, soon u will see us on Cirques du Soleil, he also goes up high on his hind and slaps me a high 5 then holds on to my hands as we waltz The Swirl,,,,have a great week

Swirlie is all stressed, the building is having plumbing problems and he does not tolerate the chaos that is happening, neither can I, wow,,,,

niceday33.gifvintage_war_poster_stickers_pin_up_navy-p217908450300886327vpof_150.jpg?square_it=trueniceday34.gif

Swirlie is going in for a blood pull, I will let all know the results. The vet has decided that all Glucose readings be done at home to reduce stress levels which may give altered results at vet office.

dogsled.gif away we go,,,,,,,

Dogs drink by dipping their tongues into liquids like ladles. A little pool of water is brought into the mouth every time Fido takes a gulp from the toilet bowl. Cats, in contrast, touch only the curled-back tip of the tongue onto the surface of the liquid. When the tongue is drawn back up into the cat's mouth, a thin column of the liquid is drawn up as well. Then the cat closes its mouth around that column.

FOR MORE GO TO;

Cosmic Log - Scientists reveal secret of a cat's lap

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/11/5449974-scientists-reveal-secret-of-a-cats-lap?GT1=43001/from/

pp_animal_568.gifSTAY TUNED FOR UPDATE ON SWIRLIES BLOOD RESULTS SOON

Dogs drink by dipping their tongues into liquids like ladles. A little pool of water is brought into the mouth every time Fido takes a gulp from the toilet bowl. Cats, in contrast, touch only the curled-back tip of the tongue onto the surface of the liquid. When the tongue is drawn back up into the cat's mouth, a thin column of the liquid is drawn up as well. Then the cat closes its mouth around that column.

FOR MORE GO TO;

Cosmic Log - Scientists reveal secret of a cat's lap

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/11/5449974-scientists-reveal-secret-of-a-cats-lap?GT1=43001/from/

pp_animal_568.gifSTAY TUNED FOR UPDATE ON SWIRLIES BLOOD RESULTS SOON

My little fellow, Gabe, climbs into ANY bowl or fountain of water he can find, and splashes like a kid in a wading pool, drinking the water from his fur and paws. Whoever said cats don't like water has never met this cat.

We're sending good wishes for Swirlie, and hoping the vet got good readings for him. :cool026:

Edited by CatPaws

YAHOO GABE, kittydrinking.gif What a water loving kittieeeeee,,,,,perhaps he is part fish like my Henry,,,

Swirlie did good bravo.gif

....his FRUCTOSAMINE-NATL test came back at a 1.14 which is measured as a "GOOD CONTROL"and he weighs 16.8 lbs., maintaining his weight like a pro,,,so the vet said we do not need a BG Curve for another 3 months to just keep doing what i do, she sounded very impressed with my handling of him,,,YAHOO FOR ME, HIS MUOMMEEEEE,,,,,,

SECRET; HE IS FULL OF THE DEVIL BUT THAT MAKES HIM RULE,,,,,, bitchslap2.gifhe does this; to his brothers,,,,,,THIS IS IN THE MIDST OF ONCE HE HAS THEM HAPPILY PLAYING WITH HIM

Just wanted to tell you, you're doing a GREAT JOB keeping Swirlie under control with his diabetes...Are you proud!!

He sure does seem like quite the character...I am so happy that he is feeling so well that he can keep the rest of the family under control!!

I sure do enjoy your posts...keep up the good work...Judy

post-5632-128969893619_thumb.jpgpost-5632-128969895925_thumb.jpg

THIS IS SWIRLIES BROTHER HENRY NICKNAMED BLOW FISH, HE IS ON A SPECIAL DIET DUE TO WEIGHT, HE IS ALSO ASTHMATIC AND HAS MAJOR ALLERGY PROBLEMS, SWIRLIE IS VERY MEAN TO HIM, HE IS THE BABY OF THE HOUSE, HE TALKS ACTUALLY SAYS WORDS LIKE NO OTHER

HE UNDERSTANDS WHEN SPOKEN TO, AND REALLY STARES WHEN ADULTS SPEAK, HE LOVES WHEN I SING AND PLAY INSTRUMENTS BUT HE DESPISES NOISES, ESPECIALLY THE WASHER AND DRYER.

SWIRLIE ALSO LOVES MUSIC. HE IS OF HUMAN MINDED CAPACITY AS WELL, AND VERY SMART WHEN IT COMES TO UNDERSTANDING LANGUAGE. KEEP IN MIND THEY HEAR SPANISH AND ENGLISH AND UNDERSTAND BOTH.

post-5632-128969944108_thumb.jpeg

THIS IS IZZIE

SWIRLIES BEST FRIEND THAT PASSED THE DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY, SEPT 9, 2010

HE HAD CANCER

I AM STILL NOT OVER IT AND JUST WANT TO DIE WHEN I SEE HIS PICTURES

HE IS MISSED TREMENDOUSLY IN THIS HOUSE

It is so great that Swirlie is fully funded. YAY!!

Tell us about it, GREAT, although a good word, is just not a strong enough word. I do not think any word can describe how great it is to have people reach out and keep a life alive.

GAME; Lets think of words to describe how wonderful it is that people actually care enough to help out when someone they do not even know needs help, I am so grateful!!!!

I apologize that words cant seem to flow to show how I feel, and I truly mean that, my vocabulary unfortunately is limited.

Swirlie is a very good boy and just has so much love to give, and he is so smart and intuitive. The Vets and staffs along his path, have always praised him and given him such tremendous feedback. Everyone that has met him complements on how handsome and sweet he is. I wish I could give him more, I feel bad that I am so strapped $ wise and have to hold back on things that I know he would love, but then again, material things, ahhh, they aren't as strong as love,,,,

I know that a force greater then us is waving its wand over my kitties, and allowing good people to come our way.

I just want to share that prayers are answered and totally heard.

Thank you all for helping,,,,,,,Swirlie would not be here if it was not for your reaching out!!!

God Bless you all!

hugs-desi-glitters-4.gifwishing-you-a-sparkling-great-day.gif

Edited by swirlie

pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gifSwirlie wants you to tune in , sing and dance.,,,,,,,,Run cursor over title and click;

YouTube - I hope you dance lyrics

28 Feb 2008 ... I love U Auntie ♥ ! . R.I.P :'[[ . .... Added to queue I Hope You Dance Lyrics by cows9961190298 views ? 4:40. Add to. Added to queue I ...

Edited by swirlie