Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Leslie B.

Swirlie And Max Ortiz - Special Needs Cats -

1,600 posts in this topic

Thank u Kathy 4 the web site!!!!, i have saved it in my Swirlie information folder.

Swirlie, he says mom real clear, i wish i could get him on TV so people could see how the news is not always bad.

He thanks u all Angel15.gif and so do Henry and Max and me, Bibi,,,

angels_1334.jpg

Did I tell u he stands like a person and gives high five, yep he does, I taught him how.....

thanks3.gif 4 everything to all who shared !!!!!! and those that wish they could, just by wishing, u r sharing too !!!!!!!

Hello, :WELCOMEPHOTO: , and CONGRATS on getting fully sponsored SOOO quickly !!!!!!!! w0w !!!!! IMOM is truly magical - and has many Angels !!!!!! :angel:

It takes a little time to get the proper dosage - keep an eye on Swirlie's water intake, output - very important; (as well as food). I'm sure your vet will help you come up with the correct dosage to regulate your sugar baby in no time.

Sending LOTS of special nuzzles and kisses from me and 'The Bandit' - and LOTS of :hugs: and Love too !!!!!

HUGS, LOVE, and PURRS ~

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

Hi

One more tip- my neighbor thought she could not give shots- as you know the amount of insulin for a kitty is quite small. I taught her to do it while her kitty was eating- he never even notices it. And, make sure you keep it the refrigerator and keep track of the shots so you don't accidentally overdose - I know someone who did that as well.

Kathy

Hi

One more tip- my neighbor thought she could not give shots- as you know the amount of insulin for a kitty is quite small. I taught her to do it while her kitty was eating- he never even notices it. And, make sure you keep it the refrigerator and keep track of the shots so you don't accidentally overdose - I know someone who did that as well.

Kathy

Great advice Kathy (as usual!).

Bibi, thankfully my boys aren't diabetics, but Tuck needs to use an inhaler 2 X/day (yup, dogs use inhalers too) for his lung disease. You would think it would be easy to remember-do it when I get up, and before bed...but sometimes due to many circumstances, I forget if I have done it! So, I have a calendar on my closet door, and I have tiny round stickers that I put at the top of the day's square for AM when I use the inhaler, and at the bottom of that date I put the sticker on for the evening puffs--then I can quickly look and see if he has 2 stickers on the calendar that day.

I know with dogs u need to have Karo syrup available for low blood sugars-Kathy is it the same for cats??

Hugs to Swirlie!

Cindy, Tuck and Justice

Wow,,,, thank u all for ur advice, feedbacks, and care !!!!!

I already do the aboves and have been giving him shots 2x per day with his food, I am very anal and am always on the clock with it !!!!!!

As for water, he drinks well and his out put of water is perfect, not half of the litter box like at the start

Swirlie loves to play, and loves presents! My friend and I make him stuff to play with but like all children he bores of them quickly

I am his favorite toy so I play with him as often as time allows while hes awake

He loves to sleep up high and look out the window, he sleeps more then most, hes a baby thats why, I dont tell him that, I tell him that hes a big boy

Keep sending advice, I love it and appreciate it, have a fun weekend albkblink.gif

Yahoo, its another great day for Swirly, thanks to all that are helping him stay alive !!!!!!!

We played lots this AM

I made a toy that makes sounds so when they chase it they love it cause it makes crinkling noises.

The boys were full of PLAY this AM, starting at 5 (little early for me on a Sunday, but hey, as long as they are happy)

I'm so glad Swirlie is starting to play more with Max and Henry!

They would try to play with him and he would bitchslap2.gif, and bitchslap.gif them,

..., see Henry and Max play non stop and Swirlie and Izzie were best of friends, even though Izzie played with everyone, Swirlie only liked him for some reason, but finally hes allowing the others to play with him (hes the Alpha)

Have a fun day !!!!!! happydance.gif

k0441402.jpgcool026.gif HI, SWIRLIE IS VERY FRISK TODAY, A SIGN OF HAPPINESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE WOULD LIKE TO WISH ALL OF YOU A SAFE DAY AND FUN APPROACH TO HARVEST DAY !!

(IT IS VERY WINDY IN SOUTH FLORIDA TODAY AS IT IS ALWAYS THIS TIME OF YEAR.)

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE AND ARE DOING FOR SWIRLIE !

k0780605.jpg

Hi Bibi. So glad to see Swirlie full of energy.

Are you hometesting Swirlie's blood glucose levels? Very important to achieve regulation and perhaps even remission.

There are many resources on FelineDiabetes.com to help you understand the appropriate treatment of a diabetic cat. There also is DiabeticCatCare.com if you use PZI and want to take a tight regulation approach. Hope to see you getting some incredible peer support on one or both of those sites!!

Venita

I am getting tons of incredible medical (advice) and 100% support from Swirlie's vet and staff, and feel very fortunate that they work so close with us.

I thank and welcome all support from everywhere, so keep them coming.

He is doing great and still giving high fives and saying, "MA" as plain as day.

Thanks to all that made his "Staying alive" happen !!!!!!!

I found this cat that does the 'Penguin", I thought that only SWIRLIE did it, well, we won't tell him.......

Edited by swirlie

OOPS, SWIRLIE FOUND OUT, SO HE NEEDS YOU GUYS TO VOTE, HIS QUESTION IS;

WHO DOES THE PENGUIN BETTER ME OR BOUNCY ??????? MAY THE MOST VOTED WIN !!!!!

post-5632-128503111368_thumb.jpg cat_bear_godzilla.jpg

Edited by swirlie

HI GUYS, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CREATE THE GALLERY ALBUM AND HOW TO VIEW GALLERY ALBUMS ON THIS SIGHT ?

halloween_image2_rdax_65.jpg DON'T LET SPOOKS SCARE YOU, BUT DO BE AWARE OF TWISTED HUMANS !!!!!!cat_halloween_sm.jpg WHAT R U GUYS GONNA DRESS LIKE ???, I MAY JUST WEAR THIS GET UP BUT THEN AGAIN WHO KNOWS

HI, its me Swirlie and no one has voted??????

I just need to say that thanks to my Vet, her staff, and my mommy doing everything they tell her to in order to keep me on my toes, I'm doing great; and of course because of all of yous I get to see my great Dr and her staff, so thank u ALL again and again,,,,,,,

I'm getting ready to play chase with my brothers it is that time of day,,,,,,,

Have a healthy and fun week and to all a good night,,,,,,

three_funny_cats_glitter.gif

OOPS, SWIRLIE FOUND OUT, SO HE NEEDS YOU GUYS TO VOTE, HIS QUESTION IS;

WHO DOES THE PENGUIN BETTER ME OR BOUNCY ??????? MAY THE MOST VOTED WIN !!!!!

post-5632-128503111368_thumb.jpg cat_bear_godzilla.jpg

Oh Swirlie, You are definitely a great kitty who shows the world that diabetes is a controllable disease, and I like your raiser paw a la Travolta, BUT, Bouncy's toe tap gives a little extra flair to the Penguin. I'd say Bouncy is more formal, and Swirlie is more down to earth. It looks like both of you are Southpaws,

Edited by CatPaws

THANK U 4 THE VOTE AND U R 100 % CORRECT, I NEVER TOOK LESSONS, THAT BOUNCY GUY AS U CAN SEE DID, HUMMMPPHHH

HAPPY HOLIDAY SOON,,,,,,,FROM ALL THE STAR KITTIES,,,,,,,

I'M DOING GREAT TODAY, ALTHOUGH IT IS GLOOMY OUT DOORS

Neon_Black_Cat.gif

We'll always vote for Swirlie!!!

Hugs to Swirlie!

Cindy, Tuck and Justice

We'll always vote for Swirlie!!!

Hugs to Swirlie!

Cindy, Tuck and Justice

THANK YOU LUV AND HUGS TO ALL OF U'S

Hi guys, lets get those votes in!!!!! Below, my friend Blackie, is teaching the pumpkins to sing for their big day coming up. As you can see, he is doing "The Penguin", which I taught him.

Miss you and hope all is well.

I'm doing great and playing lots lately. I move around lots more then last month, which my mom says is a good sign. Later Gators, and much Love !!!!!!! Swirlie,,,,,,,

0486257460_19_Gabriella%2520Oldham_Sing%2520a%2520Song%2520of%2520Halloween.jpg

Hi to all and hope u r having a fun weekend.

Swirlie is going to the vets today to pick up his second bottle of insulin. (I'm going he just likes to pretend hes going)

His next appointment is just around the corner so we will let u know how that turns out.

He is doing great and loves to play. His favorite game is catch. He enjoys chasing anything and spent tons of time this AM playing with his brother Henry.

He is still doing his stretches with me before his feedings and he actually likes it, to him it is a game.

His good character and happy demean make him so special. I wish u could see how sweet he is. He always runs to greet me and loves to rub himself all over me and sit next to me. When visitors come he does the same to them. He just has so much love for everyone and never stops delivering it. He is a very well behaved and a very appreciative boy. He allows me to medicate him no matter what the issue is and never complains. Even when he goes to the vets he is good and the entire staff that deals with him during his stays praise him and can not stop empathizing how good he is.

I am very lucky to have such a good cat and thank u all for allowing me to be able to continue paying his medical bills.

Have a fun fall season !!!!!!! Hope u get to eat tons of fresh yummy harvest !!!!!!!!

halloween-pumpkins_43036.jpg

Hipp_animal_568.gif ,,,,

I wanted to share that today Swirlie learned how to turn the door knob to my bedroom door, oh oh, can't keep him out anymore.....

It was so funny, he just reached up and turned it, you know he always watches everything I do,, It is sometimes scary because he does it with such intensity. What can I say, he is a very intuitive boy. I think he has Siamese in him as well as Bengal so both of those breeds are very smart. As far as I'm concerned, animals are smarter then people,,,,,

Thank you for all you do, Love, Swirly and Bibi,,,,,,May magick fill your lives,,,,,,,

8web411.jpg

Swirlie and I want to say,,,

006.gif

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for helping us,,,,, and, have a nice day !!!!!!

1260281108_empty.gif

Edited by swirlie

Well,,how the heck r u guy's???, we have not heard from u in a while !!!!!!

Is there anyone reading this that lives in South Florida????

Swirlie appears sad the last few days. He is probably picking up on my withering situations. I gave him a baby blanket with Mickey Mouse all over it and he really loves to sleep on it!

Have a nice day !!!!!

cat4.gif

cat5.gifcat6.gif

Hi Swirlie and Family,

I live in South Florida- there are a few of us around from here...I take care of a lot of kitties that live outside..my little kitty families. They are always happy to see me...in the last week the two unfixed males finally let me pet them...I am sure they are dumped pets and are very sad being outside and alone

Good to see Swirlie doing well

Kathy

HI

WHEN I HAD LAND I USE TO TRAP AND RELEASE AND MOST OF THE ONES I RESCUED WOULD LIVE 13 PLUS YEARS BUT I REALLY KEPT AN EYE ON THEM AND ALWAYS MADE SURE THEY HAD PROPER MEDS, VET ATTENTIONS, ETC,

WHEN I MOVED I HAD TO PLACE AS MANY AS I COULD AND THE ONES THAT STAYED R BEING FED ETC IN A VERY NICE AREA, DUE TO LOSING MY JOB, I HAD TO GET OUT OF IT BUT, FROM WHAT I HEAR, TONS R APPEARING AGAIN, I GUESS IT WILL NEVER END AND IT BREAKS MY HEART THAT I CANT GO HELP THESE NEW ONES

IF U KNOW (OR ANY ONE U KNOW), KNOWS OF ANY PRINCIPALS THAT THEY R FRIENDLY WITH, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I WILL SEND U A RESUME AND PERHAPS THAT WILL HELP GET ME BACK INTO TEACHING,,,,,,,,A PRIVATE OR CHARTER SCHOOL WOULD BE THE DOOR,,,,

Hi Swirlie and Family,

I live in South Florida- there are a few of us around from here...I take care of a lot of kitties that live outside..my little kitty families. They are always happy to see me...in the last week the two unfixed males finally let me pet them...I am sure they are dumped pets and are very sad being outside and alone

Good to see Swirlie doing well

Kathy

peg4.gif

BECAUSE OF YOU SWIRLIE GETS TO DO THIS,,,

SO, WE THANK YOU

HE IS DOING GREAT AND LOVES WHEN PEOPLE COME OVER, HE IS SUCH A PEOPLE CAT, UNLIKE ME,,,,,MY NEIGHBOR JUST CAME OVER AND HE WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE SOMEONE, HE RAN OUT OF BED AND PURRED AND ROLLED OVER, AND RUBBED, TO THE POINT WHERE IT BECAME STICKY,,,,HE IS FULL OF LOVE THAT BOY,,,,

Hi Bibi,

Keep on meaning to post and welcome you to IMOM. By this time am sure you already know what a special organization you have found for Swirlie. Am so glad he is thriving so.

Diabetes can be scary. I'm Susan ...furparent of Zoom Manly, a poodle who lost her battle with diabetes due to pancreatis the end of last January so am now Loving Memory; but IMOM and her wonderful sponsors and angels gave us 4 treasured years together after she was diagnosed with diabetes. She was a fighter, and would not give up ...am sure your Swirlie is just the same. I hope you have many wonderful happy, "regulated" years together still.

MisChief is my new poodle and enjoying her puppyhood. Still feel Zoom's presence and am sure she sent her to keep her Mom company.

I hope things continue to go well for you and Swirlie ..and again, welcome to IMOM ....and hope life is being kind new member!

:hugs:

Susan, MisChief

& Zoom in Spirit