Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Kyle imom

CLOSED Dot - dog needs spinal surgery

27 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Cervical myelopathy

Amount of estimate: $3500

Owner Contribution: $500

We need to raise: $3000

Spayed or neutered: Yes

Caseworkers: Kyle

Dot is a 14 year old mixed breed dog with cervial spinal disease. The veterinarian states that she will have to be euthanized within 10 days, unless she has surgery, because of the progression of this disease. Can you help her?

dotvandyke.jpg

To make a donation for this pet, please go to www.imom.org/donation, and mark your gift "GF - Dot Vandyke."

Thank you very much!

imom.gif

I would like to thank everyone that can help us we appreciate your help. The vet told me today that she has developed a urinary infection. I pray everything will be ok.

WELCOME to IMOM...it is a wonderful place full of people that love animals...

The best thing you can do is to post, post and continue to post...tell everyone how much you love Dot...and how much she loves you...she's been your girl for quite some time so I'm sure you have some wonderful tales you can share with everyone...

I would do an Internet search for the Mosby Foundation...perhaps they can help with Dots surgery expensives also...please go there and read about them...

Also...ask your vet if he is a member of the AAHA...if he is the vet (and only the vet) can apply for a grant to help with expenses for Dot...

Both of these are worth a try...I hope one or both can help you and Dot out...

Again, Welcome...Dots looks like such a sweet girl...

Or

Spell Check Your Text

Language:

en.gif English (change)

I took my grandson with me he was about 9 or 10 and we went to the local animal shelter. We saw Dot and she was just 3 months old but a handful for my grandson and you could tell that she had picked us as her new family and we fell in love with her.

I can remember that day as if it was yesterday she was dirty you couldn't really tell what color she was, as we left my grandson had to carry her, we got in the truck and started home and hairs started flying everywhere. We where laughing and I told Anthony I guess its going to be 4 baths when we get home and he asked me why 4 and I told him "Well there is you , Dot me and the truck" he started laughing.

I don't know if you can tell in the photo but her eyes are different colors and that was why they named her Dot. The man at the shelter told me that he was glad we picked Dot because she was scheduled to be put to sleep that day. I saw that as a blessing and fate to bring us together.

Through the years Dot has grown up and become my baby now, my grandson he grew up and moved on he lives in another town so it has became me and Dot.

I think I have some photos of her can I post more photos or do I need to go to a different place.

Just remembering this has made me start crying I will have to come back later and tell you some more about Dot. This is just so hard I know that I am not alone out there I just wan to thank each and every one of you for helping us.

Dot has $57.

$2943 to go. We're off to a good start.

imom.gif

Please angels help this precious little girl. She had a terrible start in life. Her moma saved her life so many years ago. Lets give her one more chance at life. She deserves it. Look into her eyes, she has the sweetest face. Her moma loves her so. Think if it was you. There must be something you can do without for a week. That coke or candy bar, lunch out, something that you really won't miss, but it would mean life to this precious baby girl. Look into the eyes of your precious baby and think how your heart would ache, how each breath you take would be just a struggle, because as the seconds pass you are closer to losing the one you love because of money. I am praying for your precious little girl, for the funds to be raised and for you to get through each passing hour

Rose

Please don't let the large amount needed stop you from donating. We need to do all we can to help Dot.

There is no donation too small to make a difference. Click here to make a donation to Dot. :magicmoon:

Hi Judy

Thanks for the help with the Mosby Foundation but they emailed me today and turned us down. I actually replyed to this post but for some reason I lost it so if there ends up be two posts you will know why.

I spoke with Vet today and Dot's urinary infection is getting better she is still in a lot of pain and can't walk but she has not givin up and I have won't give up on her.

I have applied with several more places for help but so far no luck. I have been praying for Dot each night and I think that God is watching over her and will help us see this through.

I can't thank each one of you enough for your help.

David

WELCOME to IMOM...it is a wonderful place full of people that love animals...

The best thing you can do is to post, post and continue to post...tell everyone how much you love Dot...and how much she loves you...she's been your girl for quite some time so I'm sure you have some wonderful tales you can share with everyone...

I would do an Internet search for the Mosby Foundation...perhaps they can help with Dots surgery expensives also...please go there and read about them...

Also...ask your vet if he is a member of the AAHA...if he is the vet (and only the vet) can apply for a grant to help with expenses for Dot...

Both of these are worth a try...I hope one or both can help you and Dot out...

Again, Welcome...Dots looks like such a sweet girl...

David,

I loved the story of you and your grandson riding home from the shelter. I could just see the fur flying. My dog, Duke, looked a lot like Dot, and it was amazing how much fur would fly when he was blowing his coat.

I wonder how your grandson remembers that day, always interesting to hear it through the eyes of a child. I'm sure he's pulling for Dot, too. We'd love to hear his memories of Dot growing up.

Angels, please help Dot and David. She's fighting off the urinary tract infection, and telling us she's ready for this surgery.

David, post as often as you can throughout the day. Keep us updated on Dot, and please tell us more of your adventures together.

My grandson is still very attached to Dot he is trying to help out as much as he can, but he is a new Dad himself and working sometimes six days a week, his wife is a diabetic and sick they can't afford insurance it has been tough.

I was going through my pictures and found this one picture it was taken years ago, Anthony was outside climbing up and down a hill with a rope and Dot was right there holding onto the rope with her teeth as if making sure that Anthony didn't fall. I was down below them and took their picture. I am not sure how to load the picture for you to see. Maybe someone can tell me how. I tried clicking on the insert image but I don't know what the URL is.

Our neighbor had a golf cart and sometimes he would ride it up to my home and visit. Dot would see him coming and she would be at the bottom of my driveway waiting on him, he would stop and Dot would climb onto the seat and ride with him it is an old dirt road and I can still see them coming up the hill just bouncing from side to side Danny would hold onto to Dots collar to keep her in the seat, but Dot didn't care as long as she got to ride. She loves to ride in a car all I have to do is open the car door and say lets go Dot and in the car she goes. She always rides in the back she will stretch out and lay down you can tell that from the picture above.

The morning see got sick she was in a lot of pain and couldn't walk. I was trying to figure out how I was going to get her in my car myself because I can't lift her. I opened my car door and was looking for some way to get her in the car, I turned around and Dot was at the car looking at me as if saying "I know I have to go to the doctor help me" I helped her in the car and it hit me that I might lose her.

I had not taken any pictures in a few years so I took the one you see at the top of the page and everytime I look at it I see her looking at me and saying "It hurts and I love you" The look in her eyes gets me every time I come to this page.

$187 in donations received for Dot!!! Thank you to the donors who contributed on her behalf. She is on her way.

Pat/IMOM

$187 in donations received for Dot!!! Thank you to the donors who contributed on her behalf. She is on her way.

Pat/IMOM

She sounds like an amazing little girl. Please angels help Dot and her dad. Lets not let them down. She is only 14 years young. I am praying for you Dot and David

Rose

She sounds like an amazing little girl. Please angels help Dot and her dad. Lets not let them down. She is only 14 years young. I am praying for you Dot and David

Rose

Please angels help Dot. I know your are looking at her post. Please a few dollars, you really wouldn't miss and it would mean LIFE to a precious girl.

Don't wait for the other person to give. It is going to take all of us working together.

Please help!!! Image if you were in David's position. Her time is almost up.

Rose

Edited by rocody

Oh...that face! {{{hugs}}} & much love to sweet Dot. I've retweeted on mine & my kitties' Twitters, shared on Facebook & I'm donating what I have left in my account at the moment. Hope to be able to do more on Friday.

Karen

$512 - Dot has received $512 in donations. She's 1/6 of the way to all funds raised!

Pat/IMOM

I want to thank all you from the bottom of my heart. I'm crying as I type this, I love reading your posts and thank you so much for wonderful and moving posts.

I have been busy cleaning out my garage and going through my home to find stuff to sell at my yard sell. I spoke with the Vet this morning and she told me that Dot's infection is getting better but she still can't walk. They took her outside yesterday and the student told me that she really enjoyed being out side.

I live over 3 1/2 hours away it is hard for me to get to go and see her. I miss her so much I have been going through all my old pictures and trying to keep going. I am on my way out the door my neighbor he's going to help me with my yard sale today.

Thank You !!

Please help Dot and David. It would be so devastating to be in their situation. He is trying so hard, he is selling everything that he can to save his precious little girl, Dot. His heart is breaking, he loves Dot so much, can you image being in that situation. We can do this, angels. I am praying for Dot and you, that funds will come in. What every you do just keep hope and faith NO MATTER WHAT, God can bring the people to Dot. That is what is going to get you through this.

Rose

Edited by rocody

David how about putting on your yard sale signs something about "Yard sale to save my dog" with a big picture. At the sale donation jar along with her story and pictures. People love dogs and if you could get the word out about the reason for your sale you might be able to bring in more people and money. Would any of your neighbors or relatives or people from your church, be willing to donate any items. Just a thought. I have sent out emails for prayers and donations for you. Hang in there and have faith.

Rose

Thanks Rose I didn't even think about that with the signs I will go and get them and redo them and have them ready for tomorrow. We didn't have much luck today but we have everything set up next to the road and ready for this weekend, my neighbor he's in his 60's to I think the heat just about done us both in, but he cares about Dot almost as much as I do and he was more than willing to help just like everyone on this web site, I don't know how I could ever repay each one of you for your help.

I think it was to hot for anyone to get out today. I have already asked my friends and family to try and get donations to help out so far I have not heard back from them. I have not heard from the Vet yet she calls me 2 times a day. I am sitting here waiting for her to call. She knows how much I worry and being so far away is hard to. If it is not to late after she calls I will try to give eveyone an update.

Thank You and God bless each one of you.

I am sending you positive thoughts and good luck wishes for your garage and yard sale tomorrow...I know that there will be animal lovers there and even if they don't buy anything how will they be able to resist Dot's sweet face? I know I sure couldn't...

HANG IN THERE...you are doing GREAT...I know it's hard being away from Dot...but she's in the best place she can be in...and they are taking good care of her...

I hope your friends and relatives will rally to Dot's and your cause...they certainly have to know how much you love her...we all do...

I'll be checking in tomorrow morning early to see if you heard from the vet...and again, GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE...

IMOM angels...Dot is away from her Dad...waiting for surgery...funds are coming in nicely, and Dot's Dad is having a garage sale tomorrow...let's help them along...it sure would be nice for Dot to feel better soon so she can come home where she belongs...please

Thanks everyone for postive thoughs and good luck wishes. The Vet said she is about the same she still can't walk they are having trouble getting her to eat. If I can get someone to go with me, I am going to try and go see her today and get her to eat some. The Vet told me I might have better luck in getting her to eat. I will post an update when I get back.

Thank You

Thanks everyone for postive thoughs and good luck wishes. The Vet said she is about the same she still can't walk they are having trouble getting her to eat. If I can get someone to go with me, I am going to try and go see her today and get her to eat some. The Vet told me I might have better luck in getting her to eat. I will post an update when I get back.

Thank You

I am praying that you have a wonderful turnout today with your yard sale.

Rose