Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Jacki IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen, Part 1

998 posts in this topic

Linda and Martha jane--here u go--(what a cute carrot--Tuck was playing with his this AM!!)

===============T :1icecream::turtle: ============

===============J :icecream2::turtle: ============

No word yet from the neuro or tech. I called again and said I was out of town starting tmw and PLEASE call!! Even though Justice has gone 2 days without a seizure, I still want to ask abt the pica behavior (eating TP) that started when the seizures started (rather large coincidence since he had gone 135 days without a seizure) and also if something else can be given for his nausea.

Justice has had a hard day. I told everyone here that they are not making me feel real confident with leaving tmw. First I am told David FINALLY remembered to shut the downstairs bathroom door...and he shut who in it--yep Justice!! Then he left for Columbus leaving Justice. Thankully Nancy was home and heard him crying. I fear if it had been all day he was in there--that he would have found a way to get up on the back of the tank--and snack on the TP.

Then the pups all went outside. It had just started to rain. Carol got them back in quickly becuz of the rain. I was upstairs and she asked me to let Gunner out since he didn't go off the porch. I went down a ew minutes later and opened the back door--there is Justice at the door-soaked. She said she thought she got all the pups in. THEN...she let them out a little while ago, and got everyone in but Justice (since he is good at lagging behind). Well I didn't know it, and I am starting to pack and say something abt how awful it is right then becuz the rain and winds are heavy and just gusting like crazy. I said--now all the pups are in--right. She said she wasn't positive--so went down and I could hear her calling Justice. He came to me again soaked.

They are not instilling any confidence at all!! I think now they will remember to count pups!!

Gotta go do more packing. I'm sure the boys are going to help!!

Thanks so much angels!!!

I told everyone here that they are not making me feel real confident with leaving tmw. First I am told David FINALLY remembered to shut the downstairs bathroom door...and he shut who in it--yep Justice!!

Cindy, I cannot offer you much hope where the male brain :huh: is concerned. However, let me offer you an analogy that might make you feel better about leaving tomorrow: If I'm out with friends and park in a public garage, I never pay attention to where I parked -- prob. because subconsciously I figure someone else will remember. But if I'm out by myself (ya know, on a day pass from the mental hospital :lol:), I pay attention and can therefore find my car.

So..... I bet that once you're on your trip David & Carol will get their you-know-what together.

But please do remind them that Justice is not a drip-dry schnauzer!!!!!

Maybe Justice will think that being "forgotten" is pay back for eating TP. Then, when he realizes that you're gone he might think that now is the time to shape up or something worse may happen to him---like being passed over for dinner!

Kim, u have a very good point. So maybe all hope is not lost.

They thought I called often before when I was gone--they ain't seen (or heard) nothin' yet!! LOL.

But please do remind them that Justice is not a drip-dry schnauzer!!!!!

I think he is already shrinking... :ohmy:

Ummmm Diane, I don't think that'll work. Nice if it would. Plus he knows his "daddy" is a sucker for his big brown eyes and could never let him miss a dinner.LOL. All TP is safely on the back of the toilet tanks. Looks lovely. :P

Thanks angels!!

Cindy, got to admit I'd be a nutcase in your shoes, but really agree with Kim the when the primary caretaker is gone the rest step up to the plate much more carefully and paranoidedly. :) thank goodness. I'm sure you are not the only one a bit nervous about your going. I'm sure they too are scared that something could happen while you are gone and that would put them into hypervigilant mode.

We'll miss you and I hope you'll have a wonderful workshop! :heart:

MarthaJane and crew

Edited by Baila

Dr Fenner (the neuro) just called. We talked quite awhile. He wonders if Justice may have had a weird pre-ictal aura kind of thing since he started having seizures in less then 24 hours after his first time ever eating the box of tissues. But...the only thing abt that is he has gone 48 hours without seizure activity, so he shouldn't still be doing it (he got into Carol and David's bathroom and into the TP today--I am so frustrated that he is getting any opportunities to get it--ARRGGH!). Dr F said of course we may not be seeing mild partials or CP's -which is true--some last only seconds.

The other thing is that his food was changed several weeks ago, and I said this has less fiber, and went thru the grass eating, etc. I also said since going off the reglan, he is acting uncomfortable in his lower tummy and licking his lips even more. He said that it doesn't often happen, but with a mild pancreatitis--some dogs eat weird things. He asked the fat content of the newer food, and said we need to go back on a low fat again since this new food is not low fat, like he has always been on.

The seizures could have been from of course anything--his brain just started misfiring for some reason, or from the higher dose of Reglan or if he has a mild pancreatitis--it could be from that.

He wants him on a low fat food again and he is back on the Reglan again--but a very low dose and only 2X/day--he handled that dose fine before.

What crappy timing. At least I am only 3.5 hours away if there is something that can't be handled over the phone. Dr F said anyone here could call him if there is a problem.

Tuckie is doing pretty well today, and at the moment is hunting for his stash of toys he brougt up here over the past week. They are all his favorite toys. But I took them out of my room a little while ago and put them in the hallway which is dark right now, and he prob didn't notice them. I always have to check that his fav toys and Justies "crybaby puppy" have not been left in my room while I am gone overnight. Justice would whimper and cry if he didn't have his "puppy" nearby.

So, we will see what happens with Justie. He is going to talk to a couple people and see if they can come up with anything different for the sudden pica behavior. He wants me to call with an update when I get back--or before if he is having any problems.

Hi Martha Jane, yea now I am even a bit more concerned abt leaving. But at least I am not horribly far from home--plus if there was any real issue--the hosp where Dr Fenner is would be only 2 hours from me--I wouldn't go home, but meet them at the hosp. OF COURSE all will be well--it just makes me feel better to think problems out ahead of time--I guess it's a control thing, when u feel u have no control of much else. lol.

If this workshop wasn't helping me with the possibility of becoming certified (there is a certification packet with lots of requirements u must finish within a year of the last workshop--and it may take me a year!), and the *possibility* of making some extra money for all the neuro and vet visits, propofol drips, emergencies and labs, etc--well I might stay home--or at least only do the canine part so I could be home early Sunday. But all days are required for certification.

So I am just going to believe the boys will be absolutely fine, and Marty will be posting great updates as I get them--well I will only call her late eve with the final report--I won't call her EVERY TIME I call home. LOL.

I'll do an update late tmw morning.

Thanks so much angels.

As soon as i hung up with Dr Fenner, Carol and I were watching Justice and he had a couple head jerks-not bad, but noticeable. But I wasn't sure, so decided we would keep an eye on him. Well I just went downstairs and said-"if Justice does any of those tiny jerks--give him butt meds immediately!!"

Justice had a CP beside me--and there was no doubt abt that --it wasn't brief--and he didn't even flinch when I waved in front of him--he was gone.

He had butt meds and seems *OK* now.

So weird to say--Tuckie is doing good and Justice isn't!!

Thanks so much angels!!

They thought I called often before when I was gone--they ain't seen (or heard) nothin' yet!! LOL.

Oh yeah..... the housemates are in for lots of calls. :lol:

Cindy, even though Justice's seizure activity is up right now (sigh), I hope it eased your mind to talk to Dr Fenner just before you leave on your trip.

Go.......

Enjoy the class.......

And remember that the boys will be OK because it's a Law of Neurotic Motherhood that there's an inverse proportion between the amt of worrying you do and what actually transpires. ;)

Edited by Kim

Oh my Justice! Sorry you are having a bad day. Although I am happy that Tuck is off the platform.

I know you are worried about leaving tomorrow. I will be worrying about the boys with you.

I love how Kim puts this:

And remember that the boys will be OK because it's a Law of Neurotic Motherhood that there's an inverse proportion between the amt of worrying you do and what actually transpires.

And remember that the boys will be OK because it's a Law of Neurotic Motherhood that there's an inverse proportion between the amt of worrying you do and what actually transpires.
How fortunate we are to be on a Forum of "Quotable IMOMs." There are no threads here, that I know of, that this wouldn't apply. We are all so wonderfully guilty. The only place where guilt indeed is an attribute.

So, Cindy, you can pack your guilt up in one of those bags you're taking knowing that it'll always be there if you want it. At least your head, heart, and shoulders will be lighter. You'll be returning with a gift for Tucker and Justice that won't require you to stop, shop, and purchase.

You will be seriously missed by all your thread fans. Without your touch healing, and the love, lights, and prayers we all experience here, it's hard to comprehend where we and our furbabies would be.

Safe trip, safe return.

[attachmentid=699]

post-266-1161141697.gif

Aw thanks guys! :heart:

I spoke with Niki a little while ago, and she said one dog food (Royal Canin) has come out with the lowest fat kibble on the market. We will check it out--but obviously can't do anything abt it before I leave. So he is going back on his "old" food which is lowfat. But with the strong possibility of a mild chronic pancreatitis, she wants his fat even lower. So he will get 1/3 of his old food twice a day (he used to get 1/2 cup twice a day) and adding 1/2 cup of rice to each meal--so he will get some extra calories, but less fat.

Thankfully I always have rice in the cupboard--and as I am pouring it in the boiling water I am in tears. It just seems so overwhelming--and then another thing for them to do with one of the boys--and will they get it right??? They have messed the meds up in the past--but I will call when meds are due. I need one of those alarm watches so I can set it. lol. I labeled baggies and filled enough thru Monday, so I know he will get the right amount of food--and I used a marker that says to add 1/2 cup rice. They don't seem overwhelmed--in fact Carol just says don't worry abt it--we'll do everything-but she listens to what I say--but doesn't seem to really be listening--if u know what I mean-so she is still not instilling confidence with me.

ANYWAY--

U guys have made me feel much better.

And remember that the boys will be OK because it's a Law of Neurotic Motherhood that there's an inverse proportion between the amt of worrying you do and what actually transpires

Thanks Kim--I needed that!!!! It did help talking with Dr Fenner tonight. I just wish we had a magic pill to help Justice feel better. I feel so bad for him with a tummy ache and seizures (of course the tummy ache may be causing them). I guess there is nothing more I could do if I was home--well cuddle him when he isn't feeling well. Nancy said she will make sue he has lots of snuggles, as will Carol and David. Plus I can do long distance HTA too.

Thank you Linda, please do keep the boys in ur thoughts. I hope I have a good report in the AM and again tmw eve!

Thanks Francine, I will miss u all so much. I know I will have lots of reading to do when I get back--I will think of u all and the furkids every single day--and I will put all the furkids--Teddie,Roadie Syl, Mariele, Kramer, Anna, Rocky (the schnauzer), Jade, Baila, Cody Rococco, Rocky and Lucky, Tori Kay, Callie and every single furkid here in the circle of healing energy every AM.

I'm not sure abt packing the guilt in another bag--I don't have another bag with rollers--and boy would I need one with rollers!! OHHH I leave it here--I don't need to take it with me-right. Boy is that a good thing becuz it would be HEAVY!!!

The boys are snoring beside me. I think I will just watch them for awhile.

I'll post late AM before I leave.

Thanks so very much angels!!!

Edited by k9sign

Cindy,

I'm sorry that Justice has had such a bad day...and you, too

:hugs:

I think you have all bases covered - you've made the boys' care as simple as possible, your housemates know that they can call the vet if needed, and you'll be available by phone (and can come home if necessary, although I'm sure we all hope that will not be necessary. And I don't think it will.)

I hope the change in diet helps Justice's pica behaviour. I will keep you and the boys in my thoughts and prayers. :heart:

Tracy :magicmoon:

Thanks Tracy! U know I saw u here on the forum, and when I was putting some of the names down of furkids who may need some extra light--I was sure I put Cody down--AY YI YI--I will remember Cody,cuz boy that little boy has problems!!

I hope all Cody's illnesses are in check right now.

I hope a diet change and the low dose of Reglan help Justie's pancreatitis, and therefore his Pica behavior.

It is strange that he wasn't eating any TP the last 2 days--and then he starts doing it today (why didn't he eat the TP from Carol and Davids' bathroom the past 2 days ?) He was in there too--for shower snacks after Carols' showers. But anyway he gets into TP today--and this eve he has seizures!!

Just weird. Maybe it is weird pre-ictal aura behavior!!

Chin rubs to "the man" Cody!!

Thanks so much angels!

Cindy, I'll probably not be back before you leave tomorrow but I will be focusing as much on your boys as I possibly can in your absense. I'll also be focusing on you to try and get something out of this worshop ra-ther than worry too much. So remember Missy, if you start worrying when you need to be listening- :bitchslap2::bitchslap2: The 2nd one is just for good measure and because you've managed to evade them for so long!

May you get a lot out of this workshop and have it lead you to bigger gains down the road!!

Love, Hugs, Nickers, Nuzzles and Mews,

MarthaJane Baila, and Co.

It just seems so overwhelming--and then another thing for them to do with one of the boys--and will they get it right??? They have messed the meds up in the past--but I will call when meds are due. I need one of those alarm watches so I can set it. lol. I labeled baggies and filled enough thru Monday, so I know he will get the right amount of food--and I used a marker that says to add 1/2 cup rice. They don't seem overwhelmed--in fact Carol just says don't worry abt it--we'll do everything-but she listens to what I say--but doesn't seem to really be listening--if u know what I mean-so she is still not instilling confidence with me.

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy, this is why God made cell phones - a weapon to nag and torment one's housemates. In the old days, when we had to go on a trip and entrust our pets to someone else, it was nerve-wracking. But these days all you have to do is pull your cell phone out of its holster...... uh, case....... ;)

I'm siding with MJ on this one. If you don't enjoy a few days away and soak up all the knowledge from this workshop because you're worried about the boys, well then :bitchslap2::bitchslap2::bitchslap2: (that last one is from Roadie, LOL)

Kim and Martha Jane--u guys are so funny--so funny I could just :bitchslap2::bitchslap2: --oh looks like I did (insert evil laughter).

I do appreciate what u said. I do feel better this AM and both ur posts helped--plus the boys not breaking thru during the night didn't hurt either!!

The cell phone is charged and at the ready.

Oh my sweet Roadie--ur wish is my command--I will soak up as much knowledge as this brain can hold, and think of u my sweets while working on dogs all day Saturday (I will think that I wish u were there too--imagine how they don't practice on cats!!) and while I work on horses all day Sunday (I will think--gee I'm glad Roadie isn't this big!). :heart:

Tucker and Justice are doing well this AM. Justice loved his new breakfast of food and rice!

Tuckie is at 2 days (as of 12:45AM)!!!!!!

================T :icecream2::turtle: =================

Justice is on the platform--but hopefully at 8PM this eve will be at one. As long as Niki's puter is up and running, I should be able to post this eve.

Thanks so much angels!!!!

I am leaving soon, and before going to Niki's I am stopping at the Humane Society, since I'm going in that direction. I haven't seen the furries for 3 weeks!!!

:wbd3:

Thanks Tracy! U know I saw u here on the forum, and when I was putting some of the names down of furkids who may need some extra light--I was sure I put Cody down--AY YI YI--I will remember Cody,cuz boy that little boy has problems!!

I hope all Cody's illnesses are in check right now.

I hope a diet change and the low dose of Reglan help Justie's pancreatitis, and therefore his Pica behavior.

It is strange that he wasn't eating any TP the last 2 days--and then he starts doing it today (why didn't he eat the TP from Carol and Davids' bathroom the past 2 days ?) He was in there too--for shower snacks after Carols' showers. But anyway he gets into TP today--and this eve he has seizures!!

Just weird. Maybe it is weird pre-ictal aura behavior!!

Chin rubs to "the man" Cody!!

Thanks so much angels!

Aw Cindy, you are too sweet :heart:

I does sound like there might be some sort of connection between Justice's pica and his seizures...

I'm glad that neither boy broke thru! That's great! :) I hope that Tuck and Justice both get, and stay, on trains while you're gone, and that the only thing you'll need to think about is enjoying your time away and the class you're taking.

I will be thinking of you and the boys :heart:

Tracy :stripekitty:

Cindy,

this could be a challengeHow Many Times Will Cindy Phone Home ? ;)

Enjoy your workshop and have some fun.Have faith in your housemates.EverythiNG will be fine. Justice says "Gee Whiz Ma If You would let me eat grass i wouldn't need TP" :P I just know the boys will be a-ok with you away and just think of how excited they will be wehn you get home--talk about wiggle buttin

p

and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj

It's "Cindy's" time to reenergize, compartmentalize, and soak up knowledge--all of which will be of benefit to her furlings.

Oh, that "guilt" bag, I never said to leave it at home. I just suggested an alternative way of carrying it around, so that you might be able to breathe easier and add personal relaxation to your workshop.

Safe journey, Cindy. Big Snuggly Hugs!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I just checked on the boys and they are doing fine. So far Justice hasn't gotten into any trouble with digging, eating TP, etc--but as Carol said--"the night is young!" LOL.

Justice gets his :1icecream: at 8pm--but I won't be on again tonight--so I am going for it!!!

============J :1icecream::turtle:===============

Tracy, Paula and Francine, I will do my best to enjoy my time away. Once I get into the workshops I find it much easier to stay on task becuz there is so much info to learn and Saturday and Sunday are both hands on days.

this could be a challengeHow Many Times Will Cindy Phone Home ?

Paula, Paula, Paula (see I can do that too Kim, lol) :bitchslap2: I am sure I call home no more often then anyone else here does. :unsure: OK, how many times does everyone call home when they are away and someone else is caring for their furkids???

Hmmmm maybe I should keep track while I am gone, and there be some kind of challenge like paula said--and I won't see everyone's guesses. HMMMMM fundraiser--or just fun????

Marty called me awhile ago and was unable to get into IMOM--she was really stressed becuz she was worried she couldn't post for me. She finally got in after trying a few diff times to re-register under a diff user name, since it wouldn't let her use just Marty. So anyhow she is back in and hopefully can do updates--but Juli, Diana or Tracy or anyone, can u post here the IMOM email addy, so if she runs into probs again with getting on here, that she can just email and have one of u post the email?? I *think* I know the addy--but don't want to screw it up!!

She can write it down after u post it, so she'll have it *just in case*!!!!

I should be able to get on sometime before I leave tmw--but if not, Marty will update after I call her tmw night.

Thanks everyone for all ur support--and please send good thoughts often to the boys-k??

Thanks Marty for posting--hugs to Greta and Otto!!!

Thanks angels!!!

:wbd3:

Edited by k9sign

LOL, Cindy, the night is young, and hopefully the TP roll is still in one piece :roll:

Yes, Justice gets his ice cream anyway, as he should (here, I'll sneak him another one just becuz) - :1icecream:

So anyhow she is back in and hopefully can do updates--but Juli, Diana or Tracy or anyone, can u post here the IMOM email addy, so if she runs into probs again with getting on here, that she can just email and have one of u post the email?? I *think* I know the addy--but don't want to screw it up!!

She can write it down after u post it, so she'll have it *just in case*!!!!

Absolutely! It is: gf-sponsor@imom.org

If Marty runs into any problems posting, one of us will be happy to post the update

Cindy, sending good thoughts to the boys, and you, too. Will keep you all in my prayers.

Tracy :stripekitty: