Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Jacki IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen, Part 1

998 posts in this topic

Hi Cindy,

Boy I'll bet your pooped!! But, bless you, the boys got their train and they got ICECREAM. Well, I'm not sure I want to admit this, but I got carried away exploring on the walk tonight and suddenly it was getting dark so I high tailed it back at as close to a break neck speed as I could muster (believe me - that's not saying much) The catch was I missed my turn off and once it was totally dark and I was crashing through all kinds of brush and calling in a low voice bear bear get out of here... Fortunately, I only had my girlfriends 2 dogs and Baila tonight. Most fortunately because I do not think she even heard me return - no lights or anything. She knows I love to walk late into the dark so I guess she wasn't sweating it. I expected to get killed bringing the dogs back that late. For that matter - lots of really big kitties (ie mountain lions) and black bear in that drainage. At one point I was really considering parking on a more open fairly flat spot and hoping the dogs would huddle with me. Took three hours to find my way out and I just got back.

In answer to your question about how many I take with me: Lots of Baila's siblings live in town. One friend owns a brother and golden, another has two males, another two sisters..... When I can I love to keep in touch with them all so whenever I am able to drive them and am around a phone, I call everyone who has one and whoever says come and get them, I do. My girlfriend has 2 unrelated springers. I think 10 was the most I've taken at once and there was one other person along. Usually this makes for some kind of conglomerate of Springers with a Golden sometimes thrown in. All those springers are incredibly easy and have - dare I say it- always had terrific recalls. Where's the wood knock knock knock.

What happened with the terrier sounds lovely and no surprise that you could bring him around!! I'm so eager to hear more. What kind of terrior was he? Hey, I'd better get out of here. I've got lots of C&P to do tomorrow since I blew it tonight!

When I finish the section I'm working on, ...

I wish you all a very restful night! and tomorrow.. :wbd3:

Thank you angels for their having another good day!!

:hugs:

Martha Jane and Baila

One terrier had a big sign on the cage with --VERY SCARED MOVE SLOWLY! The vet tech asked me to work on him and asked me to work on the others I did. Well the best response was from this sweet frightened terrier. I started just sitting outside the door, becuz he was cowering in the corner of the enclosure. After a few minutes I went inside slowly and sat on the floor by the door. He started moving a little closer while I was working on him from a distance. I ended up on a platform that he was on. He ended up with his head in my lap. After working on him, I left. The vet tech noticed everytime I came in and out, or he would see me at the window while I was going in with the cats--he would run to the front of the run just wagging his tail--a wiggle butt actually. They had not seen that before--if someone came close he would cower in the corner. I visited him often and told him I'll be back.

Cindy, you should have given us a Kleenex Alert! OMG, how wonderful that you were able to "reach" this scared little guy. And I bet that the breakthrough you had with him is going to help him get adopted. BRAVO!!! I hope you're able to keep going to the shelter to do HTA, when you feel well enough.

how wonderful that you were able to "reach" this scared little guy. And I bet that the breakthrough you had with him is going to help him get adopted. BRAVO!!! I hope you're able to keep going to the shelter to do HTA, when you feel well enough.

Well put, Isnt' that the truth!?!

Well put, Isnt' that the truth!?!

Cindy,

I'm so very very impressed!!!! You are amazing. I do know you helped TC long distance, especially on that last day. The change in her was dramatic. Thank you for using your gift in such a wonderful way!!!

I'm so sorry I missed Justice's birthday :bitchslap2:

I'm sending belated, but still heart-felt :birthday4: The boys are doing great. I'm going to celebrate with REAL :1icecream: tonight!

Sending lots of hugs,

Cindy, I'm not going to be able to get back in tonight, but wanted to make sure the boys are still well. Hope you're day has gone well. I think it's wonderful that you're getting to help these shelter dogs so directly! Your spirit is everywhere!!

Martha Jane

Thank You Angels!!

Hi everyone.

Well a not good day, became a very bad day for Tuckie.

So far the decrease of one med hasn't helped with his ataxia, so when I was home between appointments, he wanted my full attention--this is so not like him for this period of time. Then just when I got home later this afternoon he got stung by a bee. The poor munchkin was holding his left front foot up and not putting any weight on it while struggling to walk. I sat with him for abt 20min to make sure he didn't have an allergic reaction. He can only have Benadryl if it's life threatening becuz it can lower the seizure thresh hold dramatically. After 20 min he didn't have hives--but he had a complex partial seizure. Then two more CP's and an hour later another. Poor Tuckie--the train derailed by a stupid bee. :angry2:

I did talk with the vet a short time ago and she had me give him some prednisone, and he'll get another dose tmw--that should help with the swelling and pain. I tried putting ice on it immediately, but it was so painful he kept pulling his paw away. He never cried (at least not inside), but would start shaking from pain. At least now he puts some weight on it. I did some HTA and that with the steroids have helped him be less tender.

Gee Martha Jane--where do u live that u have lions and tigers and bears-oh my! :ohmy: U were lucky--and don't let it happen again missy or we will all be :bitchslap2: Do u carry a small flashlight? Guess it wouldn't have helped a lot, but maybe a little. I am sooo glad u got out safely!!! I would have :peeing: --seriously!!!!!! hugs to u and sweet Baila

Kim, MJ and Diana, thanks for all the wonderful support and words abt the HS. I hope to go back Friday on my way to Columbus. I find myself thinking a lot abt this terrier and esp one kitty that isn't doing well. I just wish I could find them all homes. :sad:

Justice is doing well, thank goodness.

===J1 :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle2: ===

===J2 :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle2:===

===J3 :icecream5::icecream5::1icecream::turtle3: ===

Thanks so very much angels!

I didn't have a chance to hit add reply before I had to stop. Tuckie had another CP. It may be a long night...

Cindy, I'm sooo sorry to hear about Tuckie - and he was trying so hard even when his energy has been so low. It's got to be hard to stay positive at times.. Particularly when you've been burning the candle on both ends so hard these last days. You do a great job girl!!

May all three of you have a :wbd3: today!!

Martha Jane

Ah, Cindy, poor Tuckie -- to get derailed by a bee sting. Oh, I hate bee stings; I used to get them every summer when I was a little girl, so I know that Tuck had not only to deal with the bite but being scared too. I sure hope he recovers quickly -- he's been doing so well through the awful hot weather and the storms.

You all take it easy, especially you and Tucker.

Hugs to you all!

Hi, this is the first time I'm using this new site. Not sure it will work!!

Anyway, I just heard from Cindy.

Their phone lines are down so she can't use the computer either since she has dial up. Unfortunately they won't get the phone back until sometime Monday, at least that's what they were told. Hopefully they will work sooner.

At least they didn't loose power.

Tucker didn't have any more seizures last night, and his little paw seems better today.

Tomorrow night Cindy will be at her friends so she'll try to update from there.

She said she'll let me know if there are any changes with the boys from now through Monday, and then I'll update for her.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that the phones start working.

Marty

Marty,

Thanks for the update. Let Cindy know we've got the boys in our thoughts and prayers, especially poor Tuck. I hate bee stings so much. Then after the pain comes the itching.

Keep on going strong Justice! Tuck, get back on track!!

Hi everyone!

YAY!!! We have phone service again. They just called and said they were able to fix it from the station--so didn't need to come to our house (that would have been as late as 8pm Monday!). Thanks Marty for posting for me!!!

No seizures for Tuck since abt 10pm last night--so in a few minutes, he will be at 1 day. Justie is at 52 days!!

Tuck's foot seems all better. I can't believe he didn't cry becuz u knew it was hurting terribly (Justice would have been shrieking). I know once when Tuck had IV phenobarb which is very painful if it's not given properly in the vein, he screeched. Thank God Carol happened to be at that appt with me (becuz it was one of the new country vets and I wanted someone with me). Tuck's veins are tricky to get becuz of scar tissue, etc., but he never makes a peep no matter where and how many times they try to find a vein. Well that day he shrieked--and kept shrieking. I screamed at the vet to stop giving him the phenobarb-it's not in the vein and Tuck never makes a sound with IV's. I think at first since he had never seen Tuck before, that he just thought Tuck was scared and upset. He pulled back and there was no blood return--so obviously he was not in the vein. Tuck was still shrieking, and I had to have Carol go up and comfort him, while I left the room. I was sure I was going to puke all over. Carol said I turned white as a sheet and I just started shaking. I left the room and went outside and started crying. I was still shaky when I went back in the room.

I would be upset if it was Justice too of course--but he will screech if he has a teeny tiny matt u comb out. For Tuck, I knew the pain had to be terrible for that reaction--so last night he didn't make a peep--but he would shake like crazy when u tried to touch his paw--so no doubt it hurt like hell! The prednisone helped the pain. I'll talk abt what happened with the new neuro on Aug 7th--becuz obviously the pain or the sting itself was a trigger for him. I want to know if he gets stung again whether to just go ahead and give some seizure meds.

Thanks Martha Jane for all ur support. This was my one day until Sunday to do some more Happy Endings--and then the phones went out. In a way, maybe it was a tiny blessing, so I would have a break and just be with the boys all day and not the puter, or trying to hold Tuck and be on the puter. Now Sunday I will hopefully be more refreshed and not worrying abt Tuck all the time. like I have been this week

No more walking among lions and tigers and bears???? I hope not!! Hugs to u and Baila!

Hi Kay, Ouch, bee stings every summer!! yikes. I remember once though when I was a kid, I was running at a neighbors and while turning a corner my foot went into a bees nest (they said it was yellow jackets). I was stung multiple times and hadan allergic reactionand needed to be rushed to the doc. I was on crutches a few weeks due to the pain and swelling. Poor Tuckie must have been stung on his pad or between his pads. I wanted to cry seeing him try to walk without putting any weight on that front leg. No more bee stings for humans or pups!!!! hugs

Hi Diana, Aw thanks for the thoughts and prayers--they seem to be working--Tuckie is soon to hit 24 hours and that hopefully means he won't get into a bad cycle. He sure clustered yesterday--but if he can just stop without tons of meds or IV's and not get into a bad cycle--that would be so awesome. Since starting the Gabapentin he has clustered maybe 2 times (meaning more then 1 seizure in a 24 hr period)--but he has not got into ANY bad cycles where he needs rectal meds for days and can't even get to 24 hours for several days. I just wish he didn't have the side effects of ataxia and sedation with it. <sigh> I hope the girls and u are doing well!!! hugs

OK--here it is-

========T :1icecream::turtle: ==========

===J1 :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::icecream5::turtle2:===

===J2 :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::icecream5::turtle2:===

===J3 :icecream5::icecream5::icecream2::turtle3: ===

thanks so very much angels!!!

:tuckie2:

Aw Tuck , you were doing so well - STUPID BEE, he sure messed up Tuckers train!

Justice's train is incredible! I am so glad he's doing so well. Now lets get thruie back on track.

Hi,

Just a quick update before I leave for Columbus. I won't be home till tmw eve.

Thankfully Tuckie butt is doing OK. He will be at 2 days this eve. Justice will be at 53!!!!!!!!

It seems like Tuckie MAY be a tiny bit less ataxic (weakness in hind end), at least I hope so.

Hi Linda, u are so right--Justice's train is just incredible!! I know he will get to 2 months and beyond! Now if only Tucker...

hugs!

Thank u so very much angels!!!!!!!!!!

:wbd3:

This was my one day until Sunday to do some more Happy Endings--and then the phones went out.

Wow Cindy, I understand burning out on C&P but sabatoging your own phone lines!?! Now that's resourceful!! :claphands::biggrin: You little minx! Get back on it. :bitchslap2: We probably like that little guy so much cuz neither one of us could probably b-slap anyone around to save our lives - probably both dispositioinally and physically incapable of it.

Truly Cindy, I'm with you, I can't find the sleepy little emoticon sitting in front of the computer/microwave whatever right now, maybe he didn't come with us, but I can sure think of a lot of people it would describe. Odd to say but I am very glad your phone went out. You've been doing a TON of tending. Tuckie, HT... You needed a rest!!

I'm really sorry to hear about Tuckie. Boy he sure is one tough little guy! I'm with Linda -"STUPID BEE" and I really glad he's doing better today and any sign of reduced ataxia is a welcome sign. And wow, Justice you just keep on chugging!Yea!

Cindy, I hope things go well for you in Columbus!

Thank you so much angels :Angel15::Angel15: for helping Cindy and all of us!!

Martha Jane and Baila

Hi Cindy, Tuckie and Justice!

This is my first post on the new forum, hope I'm doing it right!

I went to Long Island and meet my new nephew, he was just 3 weeks old and didn't know night from day yet! What a sweet baby he is just the same. Had a great time with the other kids and their pets too!

Came home to ringworm in the rescue again, that stuff creeps in and ruins everything! Luckly it's contained to one area, so we can still adopt out ones not exposed!

Last night, Alex cut his head and there was blood everywhere, it was scary! Luckily it was just a small surface cut and he's fine now, but boy do head injuries bleed!

I've missed you all! I've been quickly checking in, but this is the first chance I had to write!

Justice I'm so excited with your train....Tuckie I keep praying for you sweetie!

Hugs to you all!

Nancy

Oh, poor Tucker and the bee sting. Callie's new neuro said that prednisone can cause other drugs to be metabolized more quickly. Could that be why Tucker broke through?

We are so happy to see how long Justice's train is. Our train is 14 Orioles long -- longest it has been in two months.

Have a WBD!

Tuckie is having a tough day. He's had some seizures--a GM and some CP's. He is still restless. He did go outside several times today and play a little. It is such nice weather today--much cooler then it's been in over a week--although we had several periods of rain--but not storms.

Justice is doing really well. He played a lot outside, and was doing some "froggie diving" although he never came out from under any evergreen with a frog--but he sure was hunting!!

Martha jane said - "quote "Wow Cindy, I understand burning out on C&P but sabatoging your own phone lines!?! Now that's resourceful!! You little minx! Get back on it. We probably like that little guy so much cuz neither one of us could probably b-slap anyone around to save our lives - probably both dispositioinally and physically incapable of it."

LOL Martha Jane--u better be ducking!!! :bitchslap2: sabotaging my phone lines--u are BAD!!! U are right that neither of us would ever b-slap anyone--but I do love that emoticon!!

Tuckie is one tough little guy like u said--just wish he didn't have to be so tough...

hugs

Hi nancy, I wondered when u would find ur way over here!!Awww I bet the baby is cute--how wonderful u got to meet him!

Poor Alex's head--its true scalp injuries bleed so much!!

I hope the dang ringworm goes away quickly!

hugs

Hi Juli, I don't know if the pred has caused any problems. He was supposed to take it for 2 days, but I stopped after one since his paw was better. I'll have to ask the new neuro in 2 weeks.

Oh it's so great that Callie is at 14 Orioles!!!! WHOO-HOO!!! Keep it up Callie girl!!!!! hugs

thanks so very much angels!

Justice has the long train tonight--54 days!!!!

===J1:icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::turtle2: ===

===J2:icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5::turtle2: ===

===J3 :icecream5::icecream5::icecream4::turtle2: ===

Edited by k9sign

Gald to see Nancy found us. Welcome back - we missed you.

Aw Tuckie - I was so hoping to see you back on track.

Collie hugs!

The boys are tucked into bed, but Tuckie is very restless--hope nothing is brewing in his brain!!!

Thanks Linda!

night

Tuckie made it through the night-phew! He will be at 1 day at abt 5pm.

Justie will be at 55 days this eve-WHOO-HOO!!

Its a beautiful day and the boys have been all over outside. Justice isn't real happy now though becuz Carol is on the riding mower in the yard, so they can't go outside for 45min or so--and justice wants out all the time, esp when all last week they were only allowed 5 min at a time outside. So he is waiting and waiting..and for a little pup it must feel like forever before the door is finally open and he can go hunt and play again.

Tuck's ataxia is better, although he wants mommy's attention again. I have never seen this little guy be so needy for this long of time.-obviously he is feeling strange or something, and thats why he needs me to hold and comfort him so much recently.

thanks so much angels!!

Maybe he'll be back on track this eve Linda--I sure hope so!!! hugs

I think Tuckie's just discovered his mom is the Comfort Queen!! Has he got your number!!!

Actually Cindy, I'm just checking in to see how Tuck is doing. I hope well. Go Justice! You keep showing him how!

I'll check back later!

Thank you all you wonderful angels for being there helping them!

Martha Jane

Justice continues to amaze me with how many seizure free days he is at--55!!!!!

He has played outside a lot, and is one tired little pupper!!

Tuckie has made it to 1 day!!! He is very tired and has slept in my arms off and on today. I am so glad he made it to almost 28 hours.

Hi Martha Jane, Yep the boys always have my number. hehehe.

But seriously, I was a little concerned Tuck was getting into a habit with wanting to be held. But I found that when he is feeling a little better, he is out there playing and having a good time--not just laying in mommy's arms. I saw him throw a toy in the air today (his carrot) a couple times, and boy was that a good feeling. Now if he just keeps feeling better--and not having seizures...

I hope sweet Baila is doing well. I know u are feeling a little better now. :heart:

hugs

Okey dokey. I know Linda is still busting her butt doing so many things. So...here is the awesome Justie and the baby step Tuckie trains--

===T :1icecream::turtle: ======

===J1 :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle2: ===

===J2 :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle2:===

===J3 :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle3: ===

thanks so very much angels!!

Cindy, you're such a tender caretaker that half the world would want to be in your arms! Can you blame Tuck!?! :bitchslap2: Seriously, I'm very glad he made it through a day, and just as glad he threw the carrot. As long and as closely as you've watched your babies, I'm content that you would know the difference, but we always have to keep asking ourselves!

Justice is just fantastic. I sure love seeing that long train!!

I'm praying for you to have many more carrot throwing moments!!

It's good to have you back Cindy and I hope things went well in Colombus!

Again IMOM and Angels, Thank you for helping Cindy and the boys as well as so many of us. You really do enrich the definition of the term angel!! :Angel15:

THANK YOU!! :minichien6:

Martha Jane

Way to GOOO Tucker and Justice! Cindy it's always good to see Tucker's and Justice's trains, I appreciate you posting them this week.

Diane (my neice) is with me this week, so we've been busy, busy, busy! She's a great kid, I will miss her when she leaves on Friday.

Hugs to the boys!

I have a tired little boy (Justice) beside me taking a power nap. He has been busy already today. He takes his critter hunting quite seriously. He must check under every large evergreen to make sure no frogs or other critters are hiding out under there. Then he must check the whole perimeter of the yard letting all critters know he is back in charge after his mommy makes him come inside and sleep all night. He is so funny to watch, becuz he has a set pattern of doing things.

Tuckie is back to being clingy :sad: But he will be at 2 days after 5pm!!!

He is also laying against me, although he keeps trying to climb in my lap. I told him to 'wait'-that I need to tell everyone he and Justie are going to get to 2 days and 56 days.

Hi Martha Jane--yep u are right, I do believe I would know when Tuckie is just getting into a habit--or if he really doesn't feel like himself and needs held--but we do always ask the question--just to be sure. With Tuckie I can always tell in his eyes if he isn't feeling well--they get dull. Before or after a seizure he often gets glassy eyed. But, I gotta tell u this time it's been hard, becuz the gabapentin and other meds make him drugged--so are his eyes like that becuz he is still drugged--or becuz he is not feeling well? AY YI YI--my guess is that being a little too drugged (at least it seems that way) is making him feel weird--so he feels he needs comforted. I will be so glad when 8/7 comes and he (and Justice) see the new neuro!!!!

Now be sure to give Baila a hug and belly rub or else :bitchslap2: --lol.

Hi Linda, I am thinking I better keep up the trains until the C & P of RB is done!!

I'm glad u are having such a great time with Diane! Did she get in some horseback riding?? Were u able to take any time off work while she's there?

Keep having fun this week!! hugs

thank you so very much angels!!!