Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jacki IMOM

Testimonials (several in one thread)

46 posts in this topic

Hi I'm Alison this is has been the worst 3 days our family has had in long time our beloved rottie debo has eating something that has got him trouble and our vet has told us he won't pass it ! Our vet told us about you guys and that help might be on the way we go back to vet today waiting in worry! Hope that all goes well for Debo has a bowel bockage and we don't know whats in there but boy he looks a fright just laying around he drank some water today vomitted 2 times but he drinking makes me feel better cuz i feel pretty useless to him right now! We have five kids 16-7 four girls and 1 boy and i hate to see the upset set.As a mom you are willing to do anything in your power to make them feel better but I, we can't for Debo breaks our harts I will keep everyone posted on the out come of everything and send out a big thanks to everyone at imom i'm glad i know that you are here and will be telling all about it . chit chat soon!!!!!!

Hi This is Lisa I am very happy to be part of the community I want to thank Imoms and all the voulenters for all there time and I pray for each one of the forums members my all there prayers be answered I know this is a hard time for us but each one of us have to remember we are blessed that we have had some really good times with our pets ..it is so nice knowing that people really care about there pets I promise to help others out in need Thankyou all for being a part of my life and my best friends Pockets life I love her so much

Thank God for IMOM!

The IMOM Angels saved my baby Zoe's life. IMOMers are amazing people who truly care about your pet and what you're going through. They have the best intentions, moral support and sincerely want to help. Best experience EVER!

Thank You IMOM <3

Sincerely,

Ash&Zoe

post-7906-0-55418400-1321898942_thumb.jp

post-7906-0-56684300-1321898949_thumb.jp

post-7906-0-02787900-1321898965_thumb.jp

Just wanted to say that I am new to IMOM but feel better already just knowing that people like this exist. Emergencies are never expected with people or animals so being caught off guard with a dog attacked really threw me for a financial loop; however, I must say the community forum has already been a great support.

Thanks IMOM for just being there.

Sincerely,

TJ & Slick

post-9236-0-92416500-1336590767_thumb.jp

My dog Stella and I are extremely impressed with the extremely quick response time from IMOM and it's wonderful volunteers regarding our request for help with Stella's knee surgery. We really miss our daily walks! The Vet has instructed us to take it very easy, no walks, no stairs, no jumping (cushions flipped up on furniture) and on a leash when she hobbles outside to do her duty/business.

IMOM has given me so much hope with their professional and caring response and communication. It looks like they realy know what they're doing and it's coming straight from their heart centered base of volunteer's. It gives me hope and goose bumps as I ponder all of the work and love coming from the volunteers of IMOM.

Thank you!!

My dog Suzy and I are so impressed with the smooth application process IMOM has provided us. We're still in the process, but we have high hopes everything will work out. More to follow.

Thanks IMOM! Suzy and I look forward to working with you.

post-9418-0-85845400-1340241462_thumb.jp

1 person likes this

iMOM

Has been so supportive & is doing all they can so BELLADONNA can have her surgery to save her life.

BELLADONNA has never been ill. She is 5 1/2 and she is a member of our Family. I received her when she was a puppy from ex-Boyfriend. I had no pets previous. A pet is a big responsibility. Her shots and any treatments she is suppose to receive are on schedule. I am able to administer them to her myself. The only time she has been to the VET. is to get her Rabies shot.

My Bella has never been ill a day in her life.

About 4 weeks ago she was just laying on the floor and vomited a huge pile of undigested food.

We went to the Vet and an x-ray didn’t show anything obstructing. That was $220.00. (I had to wait between visits because I have to pay at time of service)

The vet sent us to animal hospital for an ultra sound, $520.00, and all he could see was abnormal thickening of stomach wall.

I’ve tried to puree her food, fed her gastric prescription food. We went thru 3 cases of that.

I was told she probably needs endoscopy and surgery. But I don't have any more Money. I am on disability fixed income. So now I am totally broke. It took everything and everyone I knew to just find out what was wrong.

Plus prescription food over $1200.00 I don't even get close to that a month. I had to beg and borrow to come up with that money.

She went from 90lbs to 73lbs in 4 weeks & continues to loose more weight. She takes liquids OK but not enough for her to live on. If she does not get surgery soon she will die.

I cant stand to see her suffer any more when it is fixable. It needs to be done ASAP THE VET says.

Please help. I have always been a responsible pet owner, But I never saw this coming. She means everything to me.

1 person likes this

BELLADONNA is more than a pet, she is a member of our family. Seeing her in this much pain breaks my heart. Bella is normally a care-free, happy go lucky dog that lives to play. Due to her illness she hasn't been able to digest her food that has caused rapid weight loss and she isn't able to do the one thing she loves the most; fetch.

1 person likes this

BELLADONNA is more than a pet, she is a member of our family. Seeing her in this much pain breaks my heart. Bella is normally a care-free, happy go lucky dog that lives to play. Due to her illness she hasn't been able to digest her food that has caused rapid weight loss and she isn't able to do the one thing she loves the most; fetch.

Thanks to IMOM and all of those who support it Bella is currently preparing for her surgery so that she may not only eat again but enjoy her toys. We are so grateful for this program and the help it has gave us. Knowing that Bella will be alright and will continue to be part of our family will warm our hearts forever.

post-9617-0-89009600-1343797488_thumb.jp

1 person likes this

:dog_yellow: BELLADONNA & I are so grateful to iMOM & my VET. who is the best!

She even gave a discount since iMOM was doing such a wonderful cause.

has 2 weeks of wearing the cone & the staples come out. She has staples all the way down because her stomach wall thickening, her intestinal blockage & she got spayed.

Which I know she & I are glad about. She is suppose to be the center of attention all the time. She never was meant to be a Mom. (when she was a mom she would let them drink from her teet's but would growl & not share her bones or her toy's.)

Just feeding her every 2 to 3 hours the prescription aD & iG hills food for 2 weeks. That cost a pretty penny for a case of each. She gets antibiotics, & Pepcid, who would of thought. She has not poop yet.

Thats what we are worried about. But she loves her ice cubes.

Its over 90* here, which is unusual for WA. We are not use to this. Usually we would be at the beach for a swim. The water hear is ice cold. so the only time we go in the water is when it's over 90*

She wants to go outside. We laid out a blanket & went under the tree.

I slept on the floor last night next her. That way she wouldn't try to jump up on the bed.

The VET. said she wish they would of found an foreign object at the end of her stomach. But they didn't just thicken walls, scar tissue & blockage. They don't know what caused it. It may come back.

We just pray this was a one time thing. I would not want to see her suffer ever again. It's not there fault we have financial problems.

Now I will apply to get Pet insurance. Any suggestions to which was the best for the least amount of money. Plus it takes 3 months to kick in & they don't cover pre-existing conditions.

:dog_yellow: I'll try to get a new picture soon

1 person likes this

imom is one of the most kind,caring people ive ever meet.in todays time,i didnt think there was any of this left.the progrem saved my dog heidi's life when i thought i would be loosing her because i couldnt afford the surgery.i put together all i could but came short.i am so greatfull for the support of strangers, this captured my heart and gave me the insentive to repay and remain active in this wonderfull new way of happiness again.this is the greatest

1 person likes this

Dear IMOM,

I want to thank you for the support and funds you raises for cupcake. you guys are so wonderful! I really thought i had no way of saving my baby cupcake life, it was really depressing and one of the saddest times of my life to have to watch my bestfriend suffer and not being able to get her what she needs because of my financial state.

Just before I had to make a decision of whether to keep her there without medicine just iv fliud support or walk out the door with my sick puppy take her home and try keeping her alive myself one of the receptionist told me contact you ..it was my only hope and i took a chance and im so proud that i did.i never thought if you asked for help people would..this experience really opened my eyes that there are real angels out there.

So thank you to the IMOM volunteers and my caseworker kyle you guys are awesome and im happy to know there great people out there willing to giving my young cupcake a chance to live a long happy life.

:thanks3: :claphands:

1 person likes this

My name is Katrina Whetter and I have a chipin puppy named Yuki.

In the month of June Yuki started to get horribly ill. We took her to the emergency vet a couple of times and then a regular vet. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with her and we didn't have the money to run all the tests that she needed to. Eventually she took a turn for the worse and we took her in and put off rent and utility payments to get diagnostics done.

She had acute renal failure.

We were in shock and didn't know what to do. We had her stay in the hospital as long as we could on a large amount of fluids. She was showing improvement but after 1100 dollars we ran out of money, this is not including the other 300 spent on vets elsewhere.

We weren't sure what to do. We tried for the Red Rover grant and they were out of money. Then we found out about iMom. We got all the stuff together and sent it all in along with my vet sending an estimate.

Thanks to iMom and the people who donated she was able to get back into the hospital where we found out she had Leptospirosis. A heavy regimen of anitbiotics and fluids have helped her get to a point where she is now able to be at home again and her kidneys are almost back to normal. It was thanks to iMom and the people who donated that she was able to have this done.

Thank you everyone for helping save the life of my baby.

Edited by Katrina W.

1 person likes this

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let the community know how prompt and supportive IMOM has been through this entire process. From registering as a new member and the quick response I received from a member named Judy - to the fast response I got via email- and now I am approved for fundraising my dogs surgery here through IMOM - all in one day. I am so moved by all involved on this website. The Emotional and Financial support is Amazing. I have felt heard and cared for from this morning until now - and that is a great feeling. I am still in the process and have until the morning to raise $1565.00 - I'll be on here all night - so, no matter what time it is - it wont be too late. Thanks to all of you,..you matter.We matter.

Edited by Casey and Sami

2 people like this

I have a family member that name hazel and she has pyometra and if she don't get the surgery as soon as possible we're going too lose her,i heard about imom from my vet i pray to god that they can help hazel,thank u very much;

1 person likes this

You need to start the application for financial aid here on the site ASAP, if you have not already done that. Good luck!

Judy G.

I just adopted my sweet boy Tucker when I noticed he was not eating and drinking. His previous owners had pretty much neglected him...all he and his bonded kitty Kiki received daily was food and water, and a clean box. Other than that, they were "put away" in a small, cold room with only a filthy cat tree as furniture. No rugs, even. The man I adopted them from said the cats were his girlfriend's cats, and that she was in rehab and he was tired of caring for them. Both never received any type of loving, they were left alone almost all of the time from what I could tell.

I am so thankful for IMOM.org...they are so organized with their website and forums...I am really impressed and so grateful they have responded to my plea for help for my sweet boy. He would not have made it without the help from IMOM. Tucker has Liver Disease, Bladder Stones, and is anemic. They think he possibly may be developing Diabetes as well. This boy did not deserve to live his last few years locked away all alone in a cold room with only one other cat for companionship. I applied at many other financial aid sites...either they did not have any funds available, or simply said no. IMOM is the only organization who has really been on the ball about really helping Tucker!! Thanks so much IMOM and for all of your volunteers, you are doing a great thing here for people who cannot afford expensive treatment for their babies!! Thanks again so much..I will keep everyone updated on Tucker's progress. Already he is doing much better...I just hope the vet does not say Tucker does not need his feeding tube anymore or his meds...he is not out of the woods yet. I think he still is not eating or drinking enough to sustain him...although I did see him drink a bunch of water yesterday all on his own!! He rubs against my legs now and seems so much happier!!! (This messes his bandages up around his neck where his feeding tube is, but hey, I'd rather he be rubbing against my legs than still feeling horrible and hiding under my bed all of the time!!!

Thanks again to IMOM...you guys are awesome!!!! I give thanks every day for organizations like yours...you are a God send. ♥♥♥

post-29886-0-86346400-1397811434_thumb.j :albkblink:

My sweet boy Tucker

1 person likes this

Update on Sanjaya: Hello everyone, I just wanted to update all of you on how Sanjaya is doing. Since first signing up with iMOM, I had my doubts and was expecting the worst. The staff at iMOM are caring, professional and most of all helpful in so many ways to mention. Sanjaya has been doing well and has not relapsed since being in the hospitals. He has made a full recovery by following a special diet and appears to be in good spirits. Without the support of everyone here at iMOM, I had no hope of saving him. Thanks iMOM for being there for him, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Wishing all blessings and wellness. I am attaching a photo of Sanjaya and here he is enjoying the garden and looking as sweet as ever. Love to you all!

post-6813-0-12969300-1401357325_thumb.jp

Edited by JonnyBoy

3 people like this

Dear Angels:

A dog is love. A dog is devotion. A dog is self-sacrifice. A dog is valor. I would die for my dogs as they would die for me.

Dear Angels, I am writing you this letter of thanks for helping save my baby’s life. As much as words cannot begin to describe just how thankful I am for all of your acts of kindness, I will try my hardest to make words of it. But before I begin, let me start by giving you a brief story about my baby Cash. Cash is my beloved six-year-old Rottweiler who most times thinks he is a small lap dog or small child. Cash has, a six-year-old Bassett Hound sister named Chloe, a one-year-old Chihuahua sister named Cece, and me, his mommy. Cash had been limping on his paw for about six months. I have been tight on money and decided when I had a few extra dollars I would get him checked. I brought him to the Animal Hospital where after many tests and hoping it was only a weight issue, the doctor said it was far worse. I spent my last $700 on his diagnosis. Praying that he would not need the emergency we were warned about. Cash had Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) and it was causing him great pain and discomfort in his front right paw. I was warned the surgery would cost a great deal of money. I worried because I knew I couldn’t afford it. I called countless vets and animal hospitals begging for someone to help me with a billing plan or to help save my dog. Many said they couldn’t help him and him passing may be the best thing. That made me sick to hear. With tears in my eyes, I put a final call in to Mesa West Pet Hospital. Crying and begging for help, they said to bring Cash in. I found a glimmer of hope. Over the 4th of July weekend, the Vet and I applied to IMOM in hopes of financial assistance. This is where all of you Angels come in. That fact that IMOM took on our case that very weekend and ran a fundraiser for Cash to get surgery made my heart sink, and my eyes swell and flood with tears. I had never been so thankful in my entire life. People who did not know me or my pup would help him live. Your acts of kindness and love for animals made this possible. I hugged and kissed Cash goodbye as they admitted him to the hospital, crying knowing my baby would live. Thank you for helping me see him walk again without pain. Thank you for him being able to welcome me home again with smiles and a wagging tail. Thank you for him being able to lay next to me again. Thank you for letting him continue to be a part of my life and our family. Thank you for the love he will forever be able to give until it is truly his time to pass, when he is old and grey. Thank you from us, for all you have done for us and my baby boy Cash. You are all truly Angels and I am blessed by your kindness and love for animals. I will always be thankful and forever indebted to you. God bless from all of us, especially Cash.

2 people like this

Thank you IMOM, Jackie for putting so much hard work and effort into starting such a wonderful organization In Memory Of Magic and selecting/having such awesome volunteers/board members such as: Kyle, Dawn, and Jamie K who were involved in Smokey's case (and everyone behind the scenes too) and approved Smokey for fundraising. I am very thankful to the supporters/angels who dug into their pockets to help get all the funds raised for Smokey to have the Perineal Urethrostomy surgery he ended up needing after being flushed to clear a stone blockage that would have happened again without the surgery.

aside from Smokey's hair taking a while to grow back on his behind he is back to his normal self and will definitely have many more years with me giving everyone head bunts and cuddling up with me and my son when we sleep.

I am so glad July 2014 is over and there is nothing but better days ahead.

:heart: :heart: :heart::thanks3::hugs::heart: :heart: :heart:

Edited by VGalvan

2 people like this