Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaurieR

Angel Mendoza

42 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Ulcerated mammary masses

Amount of estimate: $2000. Applicant's caregiver can contribute $1000 and has obtained $200 from other organizations. IMOM has pledged $300. We need to raise $500.

Spayed or neutered: Yes

Case worker: Laurie

Angel is a spayed 12-year-old Black Lab who has three ulcerated mammary masses. These masses need to be removed as soon as possible.

Angel's dad is unable to post messages, but his caregiver is working very hard to find help for Angel. Not only has he applied to IMOM, he has applied to six other organizations. He is also going to make a substantial personal contribution to help Angel.

I spoke with Angel's vet this morning, and they would like to perform Angel's surgery tomorrow if possible.

The estimate for surgery is $2000. Angel's dad's caregiver will contribute $1000, and has obtained $200 in pledges from other organizations. IMOM has made an immediate pledge of $300. So $500 remains to be raised.

Can you help Angel with a donation of any size so she can have her surgery tomorrow?

To donate, please go to: www.imom.org/donation

Earmark your donation "GF - Angel Mendoza."

When making your donation, please consider a small donation to our operating fund so we can continue to pay for operating expenses.

Thank you for helping Angel,

Laurie / IMOM

Here is a photo of Angel. You can see why she so desperately needs surgery immediately. Please, can you make a donation of any size to help this sweet girl so she can have surgery tomorrow?

post-31-1260303754_thumb.jpg

we would like to share these photos of angel and her Dad [HENRY].

she has always been with him since his 10th birthday[12 years ago]

we are his guardians because his mother left 8 years ago she could

not watch her son die and come back. It was like losing him so many

times, and more of her died every time along with him. he has since endured

6 major surgries including full spinal fusion. All of these have helped him grow

more strong every day with his faithfull companion beside him. now she needs

the love and attenion she has so freely given these past many years, and my wife

and I so feel she deserves. The growth is only attached in a small area and the doctors

say she has a chance in attention is given now. I feel very bad that we can not do this on

our own but no man is an Iland to himself. So pride aside time is a hand to ask any and all make

a gift to a deserving Boy and his partner,and to the foundation of I-MOM, and declare to your friends

that this is ther christmas gift to them in their name and enjoy the true chritmas spirit that we all should share

God Bless The Pogue and Mendoza family........

Photos are coming, and brace yourself - it's awful. :broken_heart: Please help Angel have her surgery tomorrow. She has to have this terrible tumor removed right away!

Cindy/IMOM

Here is the photo of Angel and her dad, Henry.

post-31-1260305153_thumb.jpg

Did not know how to send photos hope the message is clear help is urgent.

Thank you for anything you can give, even if just a prayer.

Paul, Amy, and Henry

Again thank you for those who now know of a need that should be met.

Please send that gift if not to our Angel to someone who needs your Love

at I-MOM

Please, please donate what ever amount you can. It doesn't matter if it's only a few dollars. We cannot let this baby suffer with this huge tumor any longer.

I'm going to do a fund update and will report back ASAP.

Click here to make your donation.

Fund update..

Angel has $130 in donations. All we need is $370 to get her taken care of. I know we can do this. :magicmoon:

You know that scene in "A Charlie Brown Christmas" where Linus takes center stage and ends with "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown"?

Well, this case is what IMOM is all about.

There's no reason for Angel to continue to suffer with that enormous tumor when it can be removed surgically and the only thing standing in the way is money. And there's no reason for Henry to have any anxiety about his best buddy being sick.

Henry's guardians obviously care........ the IMOM volunteers are chomping at the bit to get this sweet dog fixed up....... and we know there are many, many caring people in the IMOM Community.

I'm getting out my wallet. How 'bout you? :)

ps) Times are hard right now, but if you think you've had a tough year, take a look at that photo of Henry and Angel again. I don't know about you, but I got no problems......

:pp_animal_568: Sent $25.00 from The Clark K9-5.

Let's get Angel and her Daddy a Christmas miracle!! I've cross posted her

plea on my Facebook page. Get the word out folks... $ 500.00 is NOT an

undo-able amount!And THANK YOU to Henry's caregiver! Without your

kind heart, this miracle wouldn't have a chance.

Edited by just_tracy

I just got off the phone with Angel's vet. They would like to admit Angel this afternoon so they can stabilize her and fast her overnight in preparation for surgery, which they say can happen first thing tomorrow morning. They will give Paul (Henry's caregiver) a call to let him know to bring Angel by.

To help Angel receive her surgery tomorrow morning, please click here to make a donation. No amount is too small -- it all truly does make a difference.

By the way - a friend of mine saw Angel's plea on my page and not only made a donation of her own, but also reposted!! If we all repost Angel's pic and story in our various social forums (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.) we'll get the money for Angel in no time!!

Kim, you're right...this IS what IMOM is about...

And what a perfect time for a miracle... :magicmoon:

I too send thanks to Henry and Angel's guardian...your posts are beautiful and full of love...THANK YOU...

I know that you will check in when Angel is safe and sound at the clinic...waiting for tomorrow morning...this is going to happen...

The ANGELS are everywhere and it sounds from the posts that they will all be on full alert...

I will be checking back in to see how things are progressing in a bit...Judy

Angel now has $270 in donations! :banana: Thank you to everyone who has donated to this beautiful girl.

That means we only need to raise $230! I know we can do this. We all want Angel to be out of pain and back home with her daddy again as soon as possible.

Tracy, you're a sweetie. Thank you for donating to Angel.

Kim, where have you been? We've missed you! Welcome back!

I'm sending a donation in honor of another lab who is dear to us that all we can do is love now. This is for Sydney, one of our PIN's who is suffering from cancer that seems to be running amok. I'm sure she and Charlie would want to help another Lab in need.

Anyone else want to join me?

Cindy/IMOM

We just dropped off ANGEL with the Vet, we took her blanket that she shares with our other two dogs

when She heard me talk to the vet it was like she knew.

She knew her pain was in the fast lane to being gone

She knew there were others who loved her

she Knew there was a light

She was ready for the

fight

I am not sure how to thank each one of you one at a time, but if I could put her owners words together it was Bah Bah Bah.

which translated means if I could kiss you all I would give you a wet one right here and now.

If you want to light up some ones christmas with no electricity give them this.

Let them know that ther is a little white beard in all of us

let them know that there is a HO HO HO in you

Let them know there is a future for all

and to all a good and blessed night.

spread the I-MOM.org cheer

Angel now has $370 in donations! That means only $130 to go to get her to All Funds Raised!

It really touches me to see how giving our IMOM angels are to another sweet Angel. :Angel15:

Only $130 to go! I know we can do this.

This the BEST!!

I too feel that Angel knows she is going to be fixed up soon...what a kind vet to get her all prepped for tomorrow morning...they are dealing with complete strangers but they too seem to know that all is going to be well...

I know that Henry must be so worried...but he has many angels surround him and Angel tonight and tomorrow morning...

We will all be here for them...please pass that along to him. Judy

Donation just sent in via Paypal- every little bit, eh?

Getting pretty close......but still-

Just needs some 'fresh horses' to come on strong to push this to 'All funds raised!!'

Henry misses his partner already, Angel will lay at Henry's wheelchair when he is being fed

Somtimes this is hard because she is moving an already moving target [Henry must be feed]

But we both seem to enjoy the challenge, and Henry the movement.

Before this tumor started its rapid growth we wood go for walks[rolls]

tho they must be short, he has breathing problems.

they are always exciting and he dances in his

chair

Angel would dance while we try and put on her collar

like she was dancing at the vets today

and oh boy how she will dance

when she comes home

please help if not

for angel for others

and i will dance

for you thanks

Fund update..

All fund raised!!! Angel will be moving to another part of the forum :dogsled:

Thank you all for your generosity.

Wondering if there is any word on Angel?

I am praying that she is thru her surgery and resting comfortably in recovery. Judy

Paul here, thank you all for the attention and generosity for angel and for your prayers.

She went in around 9am and came out somewhere around 12am .

The large tumor weighed 8 lbs. with 2 smaller 1 lb tumors

They do not think they are cancer by the looks

Will test latter she is doing okay

cconsidering the length and

the complacations of thee

operation, they will

let us know more

around 5 o'clock

will tell more

then and

again your

Love has show thru

and we thank you.........one and all

Wondering if there is any word on Angel?

I am praying that she is thru her surgery and resting comfortably in recovery. Judy

she lost 10 lbs but is still under sed. will update later thank and God Bless you and yours

Henry, Paul, and Amy.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0