Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaurieR

Dopey Davila

78 posts in this topic

:banana:THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! :banana:

OH MY GOSH!!! I HAVE NEVER FELT SO THANKFUL BEFORE FOR PEOPLE I HAVE NEVER EVEN MEET.. I FEEL ALL OF YOU GUYS HERE ON IMOM ARE MY BLESSINGS.. I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU AGAIN FROM ALL OF US IN THE DAVILA FAMILY.. I KNOW YOU GUYS DO THIS FROM YOUR HEARTS AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES THIS SO SPECIAL TO ME.. I JUST WISH ALL OF YOU THE SMAE BLESSINGS THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN TO OTHERS... I AM SO OVERWHELM WITH JOY THAT MY DOPEY WILL HAVE HIS SURGERY THAT ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I WOULS ALSO LIKE TO GIVE A SPECIAL THANKS TO JUDY!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU HAVE BEEN GREAT!! MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES!!

I hope that a HAPPY THANKSGIVING was had by all today...especially Dopey...

Is his surgery scheduled yet? I will be praying that he can get in on Sunday...please let us know so we can all be sending positive thoughts and prayers that everything goes text book perfect...

Everyone from IMOM will be with you all in spirit...you and Dopey have made alot of friends here and we wish you the best...

By the way...no thanks is needed...I am thrilled that everything worked out so well for you and Dopey...that's absolutely thanks enough for me...Hugs, Judy

hello imom!!!!! i have some great news, dopey is having his surgery on sunday Nov 29 at 8:30... We are so excited and thankful that this is happening.... i cant stop sayin thank you!!! all of you guys have been this families blessing.. we hope all of you had a great thanksgiving.... this thanksgiving we were all more than thankful for imom... =-) we will keep you all posted on his surgery... HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!

Dopey has such a winning smile. How much more does Dopey need to get to AFR?

I hope the Angels can help Dopey soon

Kathy

Thankyou Imom Angels . my Dopey and my family want say to your thanks for everithing you are doing for our best friend , Dopey is okey today and waiting for tomorow thanks again because thanks to you we have had a very good thanksgiving day, thankyou .nelson :pp_animal_568:

To Dopey and his Family,

I have been gone all day and just came home and the first place I went was IMOM...

I am SO HAPPY that Dopey is going to get his surgery tomorrow morning...right now it's 3:15 in Ohio which I think is the same for you...pretty soon you'll be taking up Dopey's food and water and getting him ready for his 8:30 surgery...

I don't know if he has to spend the night or not, but see if you can bring a tee shirt from one of you that has your smell on it...when he wakes up from his surgery he will have a familiar scent with him...and he'll feel comforted...

I'll be checking in all day tomorrow to see how everything went...Hugs, Judy

I'm just stopping in to let you know I'll be thinking about you and Dopey tomorrow morning. I am so glad he doesn't have to wait any longer to start on his road to recovery.

Please give him a kiss on the forehead for me tomorrow morning, and tell him we'll be anxious to hear that he is out of surgery. He's been such a good boy.

Paula and the Jersey Gang

I just looked at the clock and in less than an hour Dopey is going to get fixed up!!!

All I can say is YIPPEEE...

I know that you and your family are thrilled and Dopey is going to be as good as new once he gets through his recovery...he has a wonderful family that cares alot about him so in a couple of weeks or so he's going to be going on his walks with his brother again...

Can't wait to see that all is well...Hugs, Judy

Nelson says he and the two dogs are still taking walks, but it is strange with Dopey's leg being hurt. He, like his whole family, is suffering with Dopey. He and his family thank IMOM for the wonderful program.

Good morning every one of Imom .At 8.30 this morning i droped my Dopey at the hospital for his surgery ,i know every one pray for my dog ,i love you people and always we have you in our heart. I let you know everithing about Dopey today. Nelson

Hi Imom is Nelson im still waiting for my Dopey he is in surgery today .we hope everything will good nelson

Hi Nelson,

We are waiting too. Please tell us when you hear any news.

Cindy/IMOM

Checking in on Dopey. Hope to hear from you soon.

hello everyone, well we jus picked up Dopey not to long ago from his surgery, and as happy as i am that he got it, it just hurts to see him like this. the doctor said his recovery will be about a month. he just looks so bad and like if he is in so much pain... i will keep all of you in the loop of what is going on day by day of this journey we are going through. again many thanks to everyone on hear....

(i dont mean to sound so down and out but seeing Dopey like this is so hard, seeing him in pain and not really being able to stop the pain is just hard on the family, but we are very grateful.. i know Dopey needed the surgery and that his pain is on temporary)

these are pictures of Dopey home from the doctors

post-4748-1259541999_thumb.jpg

Ooh, I know it is hard to see Dopey like this, but you know Dopey is feeling tons better already even despite the stitches. Just think how happy Dopey will be on that first walk you are able to go on together. It'll get better, and really quickly!

I know it is difficult to see your sweet little Dopey like this - - but, PLEASE remember, while it is difficult seeing him in discomfort after this surgery ~ you will be having SO much fun with him and his brother on those special walks together when you ALL ring in the New Year !!!!

Please give him some gentle hugs and kisses from my Bandit and me. And may God bless Dopey and your family as you go through recovery process.

Feliz Navidad, Prospero Ano y Felicidad !!!

Love, :hugs: and Purrs ~

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

The 1st three days after the operation are always tough. Part of it is the effects of the anesthesia, but for a mom and dad, it's very hard to watch. I hope the vet provided adequate pain medication, but at the same time, Dopey needs to realize he is sore so he doesn't do too much.

The month is critical to how he will heal for the long run. As tempting as it is going to be for him to move and jump and play, especially with the holidays, he needs to rest too. Just keep loving him and talking to him, and letting him know you are there.

I know how hard it is to see Dopey groggy and worse yet, in pain, especially when you love him so.

Did the vet give you a "cone" for his neck so he doesn't irritate or wrose yet, tear out his stitches?

Does he have to be contained? I would imagine he is on restricted activity for his month re-cuperation, right?

As he starts feeling better it's going to be harder to keep him quiet...and that's when you'll know he's soon going to be feeling like his old self...

I know that this is really tough for you but your love for him is going to make it somewhat easier...after these first couple of days he's going to start feeling better and better...

THANKS for the update yesterday and I hope you have better news when you post tonight or tomorrow...Hugs...Judy

:pp_animal_568: Hello Imom Angels. I pick up Dopey last night from the hospital he was okey ,but at late night he has pain and craing a litlle ,today is better . thankyou all of you Angels.Nelson

I'm so happy to hear that Dopey's surgery went well and that he's back home with his family. I'm going to move his thread to Happy Endings.

Thanks to all of the amazing angels who helped Dopey!

hello imom, Dopey is a little better but still in pain. he did cry in pain last night in the middle of the night, but during the day he didnt cry as much. He does have a cone on his head which i can tell he really hates it, and the doctor told us that Dopey and Scrappy could not be around each other for the first couple of days, so that Scrappy dont hurt him. but we can see that they hate being apart. Scrappy crys and circles around where we have Dopey. that is hard to watch but like many of you guys said its just for now and he will be running and having fun in no time.. Thank you all for being so nice to us and having us in your hearts... i will have more updates later

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0